ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJ Hero tanks at retail
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if a second game doesn't come for a while if at all, I'll be plenty entertained with my 90+ something mixes and possibly more DLC if it comes for at least a year or two. And like Graf mentioned, I have definitely been spreading the good word around to my friends.

My brother in law is an actual DJ, and him and my sister have been thinking about getting a Wii. I've recommended this game to them again and again, because I know they would both love it. This will probably appeal to a huge audience once it becomes more accessible (perhaps a drop in price, or during the holiday season when there are deals and such).

But right now I'm enjoying myself too much to worry about it.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
Well according to this website: http://www.mcvuk.com/features/584/Heroic-Deeds, Activision is planning on releasing fewer "Hero" titles for 2010, only focusing on bringing more DLC for both GH, BH, and DJ Hero.

Are there plans for a DJ Hero 2? Who knows, but if they can lower their price and bring in good DLC, they just might >_>

I agree with them holding back on the title spam and focusing more on dlc. But with dj hero, I think a sequel is more than needed... So many game play fixes and tweaks need to be made so that the game is fully playable (guitar + dj is fail, song sorting also could use a good re-design. Should be able to sort by sample songs / artists aswell as what dj ran the mix) And also a few additions to the game to bring it up to "current" with the genre, namely a practice space, and dj creation.

The only thing I'd really hate about a dj hero 2 is the loss of my daft punk characters -_- I hope they can bring those avatars over <_<

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see this game spiking in sales over the Christmas season.

maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
I agree with them holding back on the title spam and focusing more on dlc. But with dj hero, I think a sequel is more than needed... So many game play fixes and tweaks need to be made so that the game is fully playable (guitar + dj is fail, song sorting also could use a good re-design. Should be able to sort by sample songs / artists aswell as what dj ran the mix) And also a few additions to the game to bring it up to "current" with the genre, namely a practice space, and dj creation.

The only thing I'd really hate about a dj hero 2 is the loss of my daft punk characters -_- I hope they can bring those avatars over <_<
Ummmm i think in DJ Hero you CAN sort out the mixes to their respective DJ's that mixed it (e.x. you can sort out the list and get songs from Daft Punk, DJ Shadow, GMF, DJ AM, FSG a.k.a FreeStyleGames).

but as for your other points, yes, they do need to improve on them. DJ + Guitar mode felt a little bit weird to me, and it was in those two set lists that gave me the most time to 5* the mixes in them because i had the guitar side to the right of the DJ side.

They should give you an option of either taking it out so that it only shows the DJ thing >_>

Yes, this game NEEDS a "Practice Mode". And i can bet that if there is a DJ Hero 2, more than likely we will get EVEN HARDER songs than Groundhog and Rockit and those other ones. DJ creation (if your talking about creating your own DJ in the game) is ALSO a must for the next version. I like the in-house characters in the game, but what better than to have your own created DJ in the game, right? :P

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most people said, I think that theses sales will pick up just fine. I do plan on getting this game (having played it briefly at Best Buy I though it was a blast), I just don't have the money right now. Eventually when there is a price drop/I have $120 to spend, I'll definitely pick this game up.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
FrankieB  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall Guitar Hero 1 for the PS2 flying off the shelves either. It took at least a few months before anyone other than internet friends I knew even heard of the game.

In my opinion, DJ Hero has legs. Once Xmas rolls around and sales are still shitty, then we'll call it dead but until then, I think DJ Hero will definitely have a good showing once people get their hands on it.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FRANK1E B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: