ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Multiple scratches in the same direction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kratos  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: Multiple scratches in the same direction Reply with quote

Playing on expert, there are some higher intensity songs that have very rapid successive scratches in one direction.

It is obviously possible to let go of the button, move it back in the other direction, and scratch again. But it is very difficult to do multiple scratches in one direction at very high speeds.

Does anyone have a particular good technique for this, or is it just about building up your speed through practice?
CDI  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it depends on the mix. If I can see the unidirectionals coming up I'll pull back on the platter before they come up and then push forward. On one of the Jay-Z mixes they had like 18 unidirectionals in a row and I used 2 hands one to tap the green and the other to assist in spinning the platter a full 360

A lot of it is gonna come from subconsiousness, I am finding myself more and more doing things without thinking about it at all like the some parts that have you so 4 or 5 forwards on the blue and press a red with each one, or have you go back and forth I balance the platter with my thumb and kinda hope ot hit them while it's moving
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, this was one of the main struggles with the game for me. After playing the same mix a few times I know when the tough spots coming, and prepare for it. I've found it works well to tap the button down with a very slight forward movement and release, don't pull the platter back, but just continue to very slightly move it forward each time... I've been able to get about 10 same directional scratches out doing this.

So I guess that would be my tip. Get to know the songs, and prepare for the scratches.

Too bad there isn't a practice mode <_<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
bucho  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do that too , i think the tap-smallfastfoward-realease is the best solution

but yesterday i hitted a section i though i wasn t able to hit at all (>>>>>>>)
i used the same technique but the platter was at the same place after the section . i don t know if i was lucky but it was easy
i used like tap+pushfoward - release+pullback
i m pretty sure you can pull back a little betwen each > or there is somthing with tolerance. the increment of the platter sensor is like 2mm on green button position
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucho wrote:
i do that too , i think the tap-smallfastfoward-realease is the best solution

but yesterday i hitted a section i though i wasn t able to hit at all (>>>>>>>)
i used the same technique but the platter was at the same place after the section . i don t know if i was lucky but it was easy
i used like tap+pushfoward - release+pullback
i m pretty sure you can pull back a little betwen each > or there is somthing with tolerance. the increment of the platter sensor is like 2mm on green button position

ive hit quite a few >>>>> stuff by holding and making very small movements backwards and forwards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: