ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
To ppl having trouble scoring / 5*ing grounhog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: To ppl having trouble scoring / 5*ing grounhog Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOOdXIr60S4

Yes, it's just that easy. Rewind hero ftw~

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can 4.9 star it consistantly. But I think the real key is being able to hit all the scratches. It's kinda like saying "See? TTFaF FC is that easy? You just gotta hit all the notes and strum fast and know how to tap!" ;)
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, like i said in the comments, if you know how to do the scratches and cross fade correctly, getting 5 stars on this mix is actually not that hard (especially with rewinds).

You just proved that you can 5 star this mix even without going through the entire mix though, nice XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get it,

i odviously dont have dj hero, but whats so hard about the fabled groundhog? >_>

My Guitar Hero Acc. Thread / My Rock Band Acc. Thread / My Youtube / My Cult of Personality Guide / My Rock You Like a Hurricane Guide
Ontwikseltsaar wrote:
These charts look awfully fun so far. But hey, you can't spell Guiftaru Henro without f-u-n.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: iSWIMaw71
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
i dont get it,

i odviously dont have dj hero, but whats so hard about the fabled groundhog? >_>
Well, to anybody that doesn't know the game play of the game and who don't have it, seeing this would make you want to go "WOAH! That is hard as f***!" because of all of the notes, cross fades, and scratches.

Also giving the fact that there is a guy narrating you throughout the song trying to convince you that you won't make it through the whole mix adds on to it....and maybe because this was the first "recognizeable" hard mix before the game ever came out (a.k.a it was shown to be the hardest through it's 30 second clip over at DJ Hero's website AND later on became known as the "DJ Hero's Through The Fire And Flames" on Youtube where the Creative Director gave it a shot during GC 2009 and got 2 stars on it).

At first, i thought i wouldn't get not even 3* or above on this mix on any difficulty, but after a week, i successfully 5*'d it on Expert. Aside from this mix, Beats and Pieces and the Rockit Beat Juggle are also pretty hard in their own way.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenewkidaw71 wrote:
i dont get it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp9a6QAvMT8

Check out the last minute of this vid, and you'll see why it's tough. It's a song that ppl are hitting a mil on, but I think a full combo is gonna be over 2.5m, maybe even over 3m.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I find rockit and Beats and Pieces waaaay harder than groundhog.

Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For scoring a mil points.. I'd agree. But I think when it comes to fc, groundhog is gonna be the bitch >_<

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
For scoring a mil points.. I'd agree. But I think when it comes to fc, groundhog is gonna be the bitch >_<

even tho ive not even 5*d groundhog yet :P, i still reckon i have like 1000 times more chance fcing it than beats and pieces or rockit

Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muckytears wrote:
Grimnir wrote:

even tho ive not even 5*d groundhog yet :P, i still reckon i have like 1000 times more chance fcing it than beats and pieces or rockit

At this point, no one is full comboing any of these, so we can't really tell which would be toughest. Beats and pieces the easiest of the 3 in my opinion. It's patterns get easier as the song speeds up. Rockit and Groundhog both build intensity towards the end. Between the two, I wouldn't be able to call which off the top of my head is "worse" Where both are most difficult, in my opinion, are in the fast dd scratch patterns. These are such an unreliable thing for me to hit at this point.

Rockit's main difficult section that stands out in my mind is the long stretch of individual scratches. But as these are my personal failing point still, I wouldn't expect everyone else to suck at them as much as I do.

edit: played rockit a few times today... I think groundhog will be the tougher full combo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Muckytears  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
mikepalermo1 wrote:

I think beats and pieces is like the "Visions" of DJ Hero: it's super hard, but it focuses only on two or three techniques during the majority of the song (visions = blast beats, beats and pieces = ridiculous scratching).

Noisia is more like the "Panic Attack" of DJ Hero, wherein it tests all of the available skills the game can hold (fast taps, unidirectional/omnidirectional scratching, single scratches, spikes, fast/complex crossfading, effector knob usage all over the place).

Note these are from a drums standpoint of course :P

not to mention visions drums and beats and pieces both rape the hell out of my arm :P i still reckon when people start fcing stuff, noisia will come before beats and pieces

CDI  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
( ... ) scratching).

Noisia is more like the "Panic Attack" of DJ Hero ( ... )

For the record. It's Groundhog BY Noisia. Not to nitpick, but if people keep calling it "Noisia" and they release more tracks by them, then people are going to get confused.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muckytears wrote:
Azurite wrote:
mikepalermo1 wrote:

I think beats and pieces is like the "Visions" of DJ Hero: it's super hard, but it focuses only on two or three techniques during the majority of the song (visions = blast beats, beats and pieces = ridiculous scratching).

Noisia is more like the "Panic Attack" of DJ Hero, wherein it tests all of the available skills the game can hold (fast taps, unidirectional/omnidirectional scratching, single scratches, spikes, fast/complex crossfading, effector knob usage all over the place).

Note these are from a drums standpoint of course :P

not to mention visions drums and beats and pieces both rape the hell out of my arm :P i still reckon when people start fcing stuff, noisia will come before beats and pieces

I completely disagree about fc of groundhog before beats and peices. beats and peices has some tricky scratching, but as it speeds up, it gets alot easier. really it does. The double down scratches and fade up red red up and such of groundhog adds so many more places to error.

This is sorta like the difference between rabl and ttfaf. Ttfaf has so many more spots to mess up on, where rabl is all focused into 2 parts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that video really helped. i only 2 starred groundhog on my sr, so i am definitely going to go back and try a method like this. i still think it's going to take a while for me to get the 5*.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: gamecube rlz PSN Name: mrstuprigge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: