ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
... Two turntables, one controller?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: ... Two turntables, one controller? Reply with quote

So, if you hadn't noticed, you can take the turntable off from the main part of the controller, turn it around, and put it on the other side of the controller. There's a plastic panel that slides off, so this controller is entirely left-hand friendly.

Here's the question that I have... Has anyone opened the main part of the controller? As in, the part with the fader/knob/button/controller? Do you know if the turntable input wires from each side both go to the exact same place, or do they go to different places on the circuitboard?

... if they go to different places on the circuitboard, this means that they could possibly expand this to having TWO turntables with one fader between the two by putting one on each side.

... if they go to the same place, then having two turntables only means that you could choose which turntable you wanted to turn at the time... although with long streams of ups or downs, you could spin the right table and let it go by itself while you tap the left. Unfortunately this could possibly lead to rewinding when ya don't really want to yet...

Regardless... input?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bit pricey, so not many ppl own two controllers to play with. Fortunately me and my brother both bought it.. and here's the scoop.

the controller knows the difference between sides.

If you hook up two turn tables, not only does it look amazingly awesome and cool and how it prolly SHOULD have worked (if we'd all buy a $250 controller). In the menu's it teases you with allowing both inputs... However once the game opens, it's all about whether or not you have lefty flip enabled or not. if lefty flip is on, than it takes the left turntable and forgets the right. And vice versa.

I think a cool mod would be to split up the wires inside so that both platters give the same side's input, with the blue scratch button on the outside for the left controller.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
the controller knows the difference between sides.

This gives us hope of Expert+ DJ Hero charts with two tables. omghappies.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully, you can look at the guts of the controller without tearing it apart.

http://kotaku.com/5347342/tearing-the-dj-hero-controller-to-pieces/gallery/
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a thought... I'm no master electrition... but seeing how those wires head in... would it be possible to maybe just highjack one side INTO the other? and then I could rig a second platter to swap the green and blue buttons?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heeeey guys. Because I don't mention this enough on forums [ even though I do on IRC ] the _only_ reason the controller knows the difference between left and right is because of a pin.

Notice there on the left, there is a hole. In that hole is a button.

And there, on the right, is a pin that pushes in said button. For the record, that is on the LEFT side of the fader component.

And that is the right side of the fader component, notice the lack of that pin? Now I have yet to go and remove this pin because I am not sure my controller is working 100%, but I am sure that pin pushes the button and informs the controller to which side the deck is on.

So in theory... if no deck is sending the "left" code, then maybe it'll let both decks work in the game?

<edit>

And while I am thinking about it, I would probably have both of the buttons on the left side of the platter [ for me ] just for familiarity, idk
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pin isn't the only reason I don't believe. The wired connections from each input (both left and right) connect to different parts of the circuitboard inside of the controller. Yes, I do understand that the little button is there and thus that's probably what DJ Hero 1 uses to determine who is plugged in where. The controller, however, does have the wires going to two separate parts of the circuitboard. (thanks to whoever posted the pics up earlier)
CDI  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah they go to 2 different places. But when I was in there murking about, it looked like the leads went to the same place in the end. Anyone have a pic of the inside of the crossfader module I can glance at?
sextypething  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg I never knew you could switch them like that...

Thank you soo much, this helps so much since I'm left handed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xTHExLOCUSTx
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the next two days off. I'ma snag my bro's controller and see what I can do to work around this pin... without breaking it <_< To see if it can be a double platter set up that easily.

because i would totally play on a double platter with blue on the outside of one platter and green on the outside of the other.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd imagine if you open up the platter component [ I would, but my hex keys are stripped thanks to many a GH5 guitar issue :/ ] that you can just unplug the button that senses which side it's on? Or unscrew it And take pics regardless of the two of them together!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: