ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Suggestions for designing the ideal GH vocals system?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An image that would most describe my preferred feature at the moment.

For a few songs, it can be hard to tell if a section is a regular pitched line or a "talkie" non-pitched lines. (most notably on smaller TVs). This would easily clear up confusion, and it would still be very usable.
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that would me tremendously: Pick ONE scrolling speed for all the vocal charts. Some songs have just unjustified FAST scrolling speed. You can't read the lyrics, can't see wether you are on pitch or not, etc. And it makes the Hyperspeed option for vocals just silly because you have to adjust for every song anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well some songs are fast- there's nothing they can do about that :P
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, but there is NO reason why Rio or You And Me have such a high scrolling speed. And you can't deny that the Hyperspeed option is silly that way.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
You're right, but there is NO reason why Rio or You And Me have such a high scrolling speed. And you can't deny that the Hyperspeed option is silly that way.

I think if the BPM is ridiculously fast, like with Battery, they should chop it in half to determine the scrolling speed. Even in Metallica - the only reason I can't FC Hit the Lights is because it scrolls at the speed of said lights (cwutididthar)

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
StormEagle wrote:

I think if the BPM is ridiculously fast, like with Battery, they should chop it in half to determine the scrolling speed. Even in Metallica - the only reason I can't FC Hit the Lights is because it scrolls at the speed of said lights (cwutididthar)

That's a matter of preference; I actually prefer faster scrolling speeds. And anyway, they DID address this, with hyperspeed applying to vocals in GH5.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if the comet turned a different color when you were low, high or on pitch? I think that would be helpful.

e.g. If your too low it would turn red, to high it would be blue, and on pitch would be yellow. The colors I picked were arbitrary, bit as a side note, when all primary colors are used they all compliment each other where as less pure hues tend to neutralize each other.

Just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: