ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Combo breaks on rockit due to engine/controller...?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Combo breaks on rockit due to engine/controller...? Reply with quote

Okay, so I think what's going to keep me from ever full comboing this song is a fault either in my controller or in the game engine. Since I don't have this problem on any other song in any other section, I want to blame the game engine and not the controller.

In the Rockit beat juggle, there's a part with 9 unidirectional scratches (all separate) on the green track, followed by a blue/green chord. Then it's 9 scratches in the opposite direction, followed by a blue/green chord. This repeats multiple times.

Near the end, it makes you mash the blue button four times in a row at 16th speed before going into the next set of unidirectionals. Is anyone else having a problem that once you're done *TAPPING* these 4 blue buttons, it breaks your combo and shows the blue track "buzz" for a second, as if you had held the button down for too long? To be honest, I *KNOW* I'm tapping these buttons. I'm not holding the button down for too long. I have to try to hit these notes *EARLY* just to attempt to not get my combo broken, and it still breaks me sometimes.

Just wondering if any of you other people who are playing the Rockit beat juggle much more frequently than any human should are having the same problem. kthxbai. ^^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: This post has been deleted. Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
insanewizard9  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Re: Combo breaks on rockit due to engine/controller...? Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
nytelyte wrote:
Okay, so I think what's going to keep me from ever full comboing this song is a fault either in my controller or in the game engine. Since I don't have this problem on any other song in any other section, I want to blame the game engine and not the controller.

In the Rockit beat juggle, there's a part with 9 unidirectional scratches (all separate) on the green track, followed by a blue/green chord. Then it's 9 scratches in the opposite direction, followed by a blue/green chord. This repeats multiple times.

Near the end, it makes you mash the blue button four times in a row at 16th speed before going into the next set of unidirectionals. Is anyone else having a problem that once you're done *TAPPING* these 4 blue buttons, it breaks your combo and shows the blue track "buzz" for a second, as if you had held the button down for too long? To be honest, I *KNOW* I'm tapping these buttons. I'm not holding the button down for too long. I have to try to hit these notes *EARLY* just to attempt to not get my combo broken, and it still breaks me sometimes.

Just wondering if any of you other people who are playing the Rockit beat juggle much more frequently than any human should are having the same problem. kthxbai. ^^

Pretty much any fast taps in this game are lol.

The first five fast taps on Elements of Life I generally hit by hitting the button seemingly 6-7 times as fast as I can, and it doesn't break combo.

If I hit just 5 times and hit it on time, i miss it every time thus far.

Same goes for other fast taps, like the near-end of Groundhog with the fast reds, if i try to be on time, miss. If i bash the red as fast as I can, i get it.

But yeah, you gotta hit most fast taps really late, or in some rare cases, really early. Try that and maybe it'll help

I know what you're talking about, as I kind of had to rely on some of the fast tapping sections to help me hit the 5 star. Azurite hit the nail on the head. My only way of hitting some of the fast sections is to forget about the number of notes in the fast taps, and simply hit the button as fast as I can, trying to end on the last note. Try thinking of it like that, I seem to have some progress with it.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk if it's a controller issue, or a game interface issue, but it does seem to have a sort of "strum limit" which reminds me, in a very bad way, of RB.

I keep saying it looks like djhero took all it's leads from gh1... but the more I think about it <_< This activision game stinks of hmx' engine. The scroll speed and note windows are based on time signiture, not real time. There is only 1 shit excuse for a speedmod which does basically nothing. And this strum limit is insanely low compared to what most high intensity songs have charted...

They better take their leads from GH in the future. GH5 is the best engine put out across these recent rhythm games... you'd think activision games would know this O_O

and for you hmx wankers who wanna say rb pwnz all or w/e. It's SONGS do, and it's CHARTS might, but it's ENGINE is shit, and so is it's CONTROLLER.

If you don't agree, than you prolly aren't playing on expert which, as snobbish as it sounds, means you just don't run into these problems because you're not playing the game at the level where it is obviously and obscenely broken.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually figured out what it was. I started to scratch on the last blue tap before the green scratches, and scratching while hitting a tap button = broken combo.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
nardi11011  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
idk if it's a controller issue, or a game interface issue, but it does seem to have a sort of "strum limit" which reminds me, in a very bad way, of RB.

I keep saying it looks like djhero took all it's leads from gh1... but the more I think about it <_< This activision game stinks of hmx' engine. The scroll speed and note windows are based on time signiture, not real time. There is only 1 shit excuse for a speedmod which does basically nothing. And this strum limit is insanely low compared to what most high intensity songs have charted...

They better take their leads from GH in the future. GH5 is the best engine put out across these recent rhythm games... you'd think activision games would know this O_O

and for you hmx wankers who wanna say rb pwnz all or w/e. It's SONGS do, and it's CHARTS might, but it's ENGINE is shit, and so is it's CONTROLLER.

If you don't agree, than you prolly aren't playing on expert which, as snobbish as it sounds, means you just don't run into these problems because you're not playing the game at the level where it is obviously and obscenely broken.

What's so bad with RB's engine? As far as non-subjective technical faults goes, it is by no means worse than any GH game. Even GH5 has plenty of 'bugs'.

Also hit windows and scroll speed are not based on "time signature" (I think you mean tempo) in any HMX games.
Make sure you're hitting the drum controller
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comparing gh5 to rb2, there are many more bugs in rb2. For instance... everything I just ranted about <_< The only thing in gh5 i've found which I would consider a bug, is the bonus points for dropping extended sustains... But that's a minor mathmatical issue, not a game play hindering issue such as the impossibility to chug dud dud in rb2 on any fast song. Or the inability to hit, by playing 'accurately' many fast strumming parts.

just like with dj hero <_< In order to combo the splurge of blues in the first minute or so of rockit, I have to cross fade and start early, and at the end, no matter how fast i mash the button, I have to finish hitting them after the last blue has scrolled out... This actually happens again in rockit later on, right before the d d d d d (gb)bbb u u u u u, it fades from green to center, and in an effector area has a blur of blues. the only way I've been able to combo this is to start as early as possible, and the last blue gets hit at the same time as the first green up scratch directly following it... not a quarter beat later as it is charted.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ Hero is not an Activision game as much as GH5 is or GH3 is. DJ Hero is a FreeStyleGames game, and is their first foray into the medium from what I can see. And to be honest, you have to cut them a _little_ slack
nytelyte  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
issues with rockit's chart on DJ Hero

I play rockit *VERY* frequently, and I don't have those issues. =\ What I *thought* was an issue ended up me scratching the table while doing taps.
Grimnir  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CDI wrote:
DJ Hero is not an Activision game as much as GH5 is or GH3 is. DJ Hero is a FreeStyleGames game, and is their first foray into the medium from what I can see. And to be honest, you have to cut them a _little_ slack

They are both as much activision games as eachother. what you mean to say is that Neversoft develops GH, while FSG develops DjH, activision only produces them (aka writes the checks) which is true. But still, they could have looked at other VERY successful rhythm games and had a better idea <_<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: