SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

the wind cries mary?!?!?!! holy shit tidus, thats one of the hardest songs in the game imo. freakin amazing job
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job tidus that is one hard FC...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss - Thanks! Guess I was really lucky to have such conditions. They're undiscernable pitches, but besides the positive factors that I mentioned, they're long phrases, so it helped out a bit. Still, I'm really proud of this one

Werelord - Thanks!

Before FCing The Wind Cries Mary, I priorized the so-called "Rock Band repeats". Neither of these took long, although I remember Livin' on a Prayer and Eye of the Tiger being way harder.

But the cake goes for this one, obviously. 4 chokes on the 1st "You know I'm gonna leave", plus a buttload of chokes on "I know you'll leave, woman", and misses where I don't usually miss. Glad that it's finally over, with a not-so-putrid freeform, unlike on most of my FC's.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hated American Woman in Rock Band 2, I can only imagine how much it sucked here. (Though probably not as much if you were familiar with it.)

Congrats on hanging in there. But I doubt you'd have much trouble with the others, knowing you and if you already knew the songs from before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American Woman!? Good job! That outro took me forever to get FGFC gogogogo!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments! I plan to do some old-school GH for another experiment, but my laziness prevents me from doing so

Chaosfreak - Gotta hate that ending indeed. But for some reason, it was slightly easier than on RB2 for me, since the very beginning That song isn't too annoying though, now that I played it a lot on RB2 and such. The other songs had the same treament.

Werelord - Will take some time for the FGFC. It's the best expectative I can assure. But the chances are that it won't happen. For now.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
lilirock  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the WT Vox FCs Tidus! Seems you're enjoying another game on Vocals, that's awesome And old-school GH? Can't wait to see what it's all about XD

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my...you made me want to bust out my GH2 disc last night when I saw that comment. It seems interesting whatever you plan to do. I don't know how good you are at GH1, but that one is by far my worst of these games.

By the way, is it true that ThePOWTroutClub won that Rock Band Energizer competition? The one hosted on Facebook? Judging by that banner in your sig, I would assume you're part of that group. If both those things are correct...very nice!

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job! You can definitely get this FGFC, judging by the FCs you've already gotten.

On an unrelated note, Tidus, I had a dream that I met you and we hung out. Isn't that weird?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lili - Thanks again! As for the new stuff, check below. Maybe you'll really have to play GH2 again Okay, my same ol' teasing again...but if you're about to reach 80 GH5 FC's, then you can destroy my count on GH2 when you don't have problems while adapting to the tighter timing window.

Chaosfreak - Thanks buddy! Yes, it's them! Unfortunately, I don't play with them, for having THOSE limitations. This banner is more of a joke someone (don't remember exactly) did on RJ's stream, where this "(POW)Trout" thingy came from. So, as a regular frequenter on that stream, and friend to many other frequenters, I decided to use this banner for lulz Mr. Green Sometimes I'm good at GH1 if I stick to it long enough. I sucked totally at it yesterday, for the fact that I played too much GH3 and GH5 on latest non-Vocal seesions!

Dr00bles - Thanks! Maybe I can think of the FGFC someday. But One Way or Another keeps kicking my ass. We'll see soon enough though. By the way, I'm really surprised with what you said, especially 'cause I was the one to appear on it, of all the friends you made here! Even though I did have dreams like this myself, when I met some of my best friends personally. One of them featured someone 2 posts before you. It was some months ago, I'd be really lucky if I had such dream again, even more if I met someone from SH for real!

I decided that this weekend would be another of those ones when I do my experiments by getting back to the old-school GH. Chose to be stuck to the HMX GH's. Sucked at GH1 as of usual, tried some GH2 and had a few great results, most notably today. I repeated some of my toughest FC's on footages, that will be up on YT. FC'd LTMR twice, one yesterday, one today for warmup.

But the cake goes for the new FC's. I was having a drama with Carry On Wayward Son one year ago, and that was unfortunate, 'cause I really liked that song. How does it feel like never hitting Solos 1 and 3 on a same run? Missing random shit AFTER Solo 1? Learning Solo 3 and unlearning 1? Huh? Vid...someday. But, the other one is arguably my best GH2X FC, no doubt. Learned Big Ending 1, and then I took 3 tries after that. A -1 on BE1, a really tragic choke on BE2, and luckily another BE1 FC, this time for the FC, that you can see on vid, that starts from the bass solo due to lack of memory.

As I said, the other vids will come one-by-one, not everything at once. Lots of stuff at once for the same ammount of feedback never worked very well.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a minute...Push Push and CoWS? On a Dualshock?

I didn't know you were THAT good with that thing. Awesome.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude you rock !!!

I mean really ! Those are two extremely impressive FCs !!! I'm jealous of PP(LL), I remember getting a sort of hang of the solo back in the day... but now I just don't understand it anymore !! And don't get me started on COWS... I hate that song now and used to love it ! Overplaying it on both GH and RB got me sick of it !

What's with the lefty flip ?? Have you always been playing like this ???

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, both the ones here and the ones who commented on the video!

Chaosfreak - I do believe I saw your original comment. But I wouldn't mind, there wasn't any need to edit it, I had fun with it Anyway, I've played GH on Dualshock since October '06, so yeah...

DNA - You rock yet even more, I believe I don't play like that on every song. You'll soon see a Raw Dog or even a Carry On Wayward Son vid and you'll see me playing righty. On the HMX GH's, this inverts the Dualshock commands. Without lefty, I can't hit most of Push Push. The intro riff, the solo, the YB trill on BE2, or even the verses. The problem was the BE1, that part the goes was my worst spot. And, to finish, I don't mind playing Carry On Wayward Son, I love that song a lot. Just like I didn't mind spending THREE mini-sessions to get a lousy Don't Speak Vox FC on Band Hero

Speaking of Band Hero Vocals...

Long story short, I got some motivation to give my BH copy the attention (or use, I guess) it deserved. Planning to play GHWT tomorrow, if no temptation or undesirable tide change gets in my way.

I did some scorewhoring, but I don't think they need any pics for mostly being low scores, yet they're good for . If needed, I'll upload all at once and link to the album dedicated to these scores. For now, these are my scores for Band Hero.

Also, 3 new FC's, they're all relativ---oh, wait.

Pardon my band name, I forgot to change it back. It was one of the details I put in back on the sessions when I tried (and suceeded) to pull off a birthday vid for Anex Anyway, this is the best Pat Benatar song to appear on RB/GH, in my opinion. Cool, I guess Mr. Green

Well...I was about to say "relatively easy" I guess. There are the other two ones, with the band name thingy back to normal, after such an unforgettable morning on December 8th.

*sings*

And when there must be fail
There really is fail...OH YEAH NOW
I'm choking on sunshine, WHOA!
And don't it feel bad?

*ends singing*

Missed on 2 random phrases I didn't missed before. I'll FC this shit later.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Love is a Battlefield and Walking on Sunshine. Two more girly pop songs I actually really like.

tidus wrote:
And, to finish, I don't mind playing Carry On Wayward Son, I love that song a lot. Just like I didn't mind spending THREE mini-sessions to get a lousy Don't Speak Vox FC on Band Hero

Yeah, oftentimes, if I love a song, or the chart for it, that's often where my motivation comes. I know this isn't the Rock Band side, but a notable example of this for me was Constant Motion Bass. Back around when Rock Band 2 released, my brother loved that song as much as I do now, and one night he had a MASSIVE choke near the end of the guitar solo, which he got pissed at. Afterward, I worked on it for a while and had a tough time hitting Odd Riff 1. It almost killed the fun, having to keep restarting only to miss there (or anywhere else, for that matter).

I eventually got the FC, and I was proud of it. I had four sources of motivation for that song: 1. my brother and how much HE wanted it, 2. inv4der's banner for it, 3. how much I love the song and band, and 4. the fact that it's one of my favorite charts in all of Rock Band to play. Even nowadays, I still really like to play that song for the hell of it, even if I don't FC it. Unfortunately, my brother is at college in St. Louis now, but he was home for Thanksgiving break when I FC'd Panic Attack, another song that really pushed me to go for it, but I won't forget a lot of neat moments I had with him.

...But you don't have to hear my life's story. In short, i've had many frustrating moments, too, but i'm still here rooting for you. Don't give up!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit: Didn't expect your reply, Chaosfreak. You did it while I was bumping it Anyway, I also do like both songs. But some technical aspects on WoS on both LRB (2nd activation is pain from hell) and BH (oh, the same as always, short phrases, different charted phrases and tighter engine) really annoy me. Also, nice story behind the Constant Motion Bass FC there. I actually don't mind it, in any case. Before I forget, thanks a lot!

To start, there is a new GH2 vid.

Mother Expert 100% FC (actually my 2nd FC of this song)

Seems I'm not doing just loleasy stuff on vid.

Also, the GHWT stuff I promised. As Photobucket is acting like an ass and is really slow to load the image editor, so I'm linking the pics this time. Scream Aim Fire, Heartbreaker and Our Truth used to be way harder before, but no more now. Mountain Song was just smooth sailing, and Santeria wasn't so hard as well, now that I'm on a decent venue so I can actually see through the vocal highway.

More soon.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 57 of 92

Jump to: