ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rewind/Euphoria path thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well actually... in pfo paths would be important, as you can only do rewinds in single player. So if you're gonna pfo ppl, paths may be a bit more useful... <_<

but for high scores (which is what most ppl care about anyway) yeah... this game is a score whores dream lol. so many points can be whored out of the easiest song with rewinds >_<

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it because it can make even Medium and Hard grossly competitive.

Easy is a bit too far down the scale to be whored around with...

Something tells me we're going to have a very small but incredibly dedicated portion of SH on these forums.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we will see higher Groundhog scores on Hard than on Expert

I noticed X has about 1617 notes, and H has 1553 IIRC. At hard you get rewinds after 50 notes, rather than expert's 60, this makes for 31 rewinds at hard vs. 26 (27 with squeezing) at Expert.

This probably goes for several songs, quite interesting...

I also noticed you get rewinds every 40 notes on medium, and every 30(!) notes on easy, but notes are much less frequent here.

DJH Easy: 39/93 FCs
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guru wrote:

I noticed X has about 1617 notes, and H has 1553 IIRC. At hard you get rewinds after 50 notes, rather than expert's 60, this makes for 31 rewinds at hard vs. 26 (27 with squeezing) at Expert.

I also noticed you get rewinds every 40 notes on medium, and every 30(!) notes on easy, but notes are much less frequent here.

i was wondering if this situation would come up in this game.. Maybe play around w/ auto play and see what songs might score higher on hard than expert.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just by looking at the pictures of topscores on Expert and compared them to Kane40's scores on Hard, I've found these so far:

Satisfaction/Elements Of Life: 19 vs 21 rewinds
Groundhog: 26 vs. 31 rewinds
Universal Mind Control/Jeep A** Gutter: 15 vs. 16 rewinds
Nothing But You/I can't stop: 17 vs. 18 rewinds
Paper Planes/Lookin at me 11 vs. 13 rewinds
The Edge/Eric B is President 7 vs. 8 rewinds
Hollaback Girl/Feel good inc. 8 vs. 9 rewinds
Here comes my DJ/Cars 10 vs. 11 rewinds
Disco Inferno/Let's Dance 10 vs. 11 rewinds
Play that funky music/Just to get a rep 15 vs. 16 rewinds
Ice Ice Baby/U can't touch this 8 vs. 9 rewinds
Jayou/Big Beat 8 vs. 9 rewinds
Disturbia/Control 7 vs. 8 rewinds
Born to Roll/Mr. Big stuff 5 vs. 6 rewinds

Not checked:

Robot Rock/ Al-Naafiysh
Paper Planes/Eric B. is President
Strange enough/Theme from Shaft
Just to get a Rep/Shook Ones
Poison
Poison/Intergalactic
Disco Inferno/Last night a DJ saved my life
Megamix 2
Technologic/Cars
Around the World/Bust a move
Jack of Spades/Short Circuit
Hella good/television rules the nation
Beats/Big Beat
Tutti Frutti/Beats
Bustin Loose/Bust a move
Ice Ice Baby/Straight Up
Lookin at me/Hey mama
Day n nite/Boom boom pow
Shout/Six days
Last Night a DJ/Word Up
Fix up look sharp/Genesis
Disturbia Disco Inferno
How ya like me now/I like to move it
Change clothes/All eyez on me
Excuse me miss/Give it to me
Izzo(HOVA)/I want you back
Hollaback Girl/Give it to me
Zulu Nation Throwdown/Get down
All DJ Shadow mixes
All Born To Rock mixes

If anyone's interested in completing this list, you're welcome, I'm done for now. 14 songs this far with more rewinds on hard than on expert was more than I expected!

DJH Easy: 39/93 FCs
TNTX  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
Guru wrote:

i was wondering if this situation would come up in this game.. Maybe play around w/ auto play and see what songs might score higher on hard than expert.

Pulled 1.46M on Groundhog X, could have pulled another Rewind at the end before the last notes, but didn't realize that was the end. Definitely 1.5M possible, and probably close to 1.6 or 1.7 with pathing.

Edit: 1.6M (1,602,310) on Expert, 20 Rewinds, 5 Euphorias. Average Multiplier of 4.46 (Downtime at the beginning of the song probably kills it).

Hard: 1.5M (1,548,860) on Hard, 21 Rewinds, 5 Euphorias. Average Multiplier of 4.47 (Same as above).

It looks like Hard can potentially surpass Expert with correct pathing. I held on to Rewinds through the "talky" sections, as not a lot of points were gathered there, leading to many less rewinds than possible. Need another shot at Hard, activated Euphoria a couple times that led right into a Rewind, so I held onto it.

Hard2: 1.7M (1,723,200) on Hard, 24 Rewinds, 5 Euphorias. Average Multiplier of 4.39 (o_O?)

Overall, a lower Avg Mult (.9 less) but nearly .2M higher from my first to second run of Hard. 2M is likely attainable out of Hard, and 1.9M for Expert. Anyone else have anything else?
Look no further!

BNSClub.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Zero0920
malictus  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think this has been mentioned yet...

In the effects sections, turning the effects dial not only doubles your multiplier (to a max of 8x), but also gives you points. It seems that the points accumulate faster if you move the knob more rapidly in fact, so I usually turn the knob like crazy whenever possible! This is true even if you are in a euphoria or rewind section - even though the multiplier won't go past 8x, you will gain points for moving the knob.

Also, don't forget that you rack up points whenever the crossfade is not in the center, even if there aren't any notes.

So basically, my strategy is to keep an 8x multiplier as much as possible. Use rewinds soon, but not necessarily immediately (depending on total number of notes).

The complexities of the scoring system mean that an 'optimal' path will probably be very difficult to figure out, even with published charts. I imagine that scores will continue to rise, even on Easy and Medium, for a long time before a ceiling is reached.
CaseyDDR  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
Don't think this has been mentioned yet...

In the effects sections, turning the effects dial not only doubles your multiplier (to a max of 8x), but also gives you points. It seems that the points accumulate faster if you move the knob more rapidly in fact, so I usually turn the knob like crazy whenever possible! This is true even if you are in a euphoria or rewind section - even though the multiplier won't go past 8x, you will gain points for moving the knob.

Also, don't forget that you rack up points whenever the crossfade is not in the center, even if there aren't any notes.

So basically, my strategy is to keep an 8x multiplier as much as possible. Use rewinds soon, but not necessarily immediately (depending on total number of notes).

The complexities of the scoring system mean that an 'optimal' path will probably be very difficult to figure out, even with published charts. I imagine that scores will continue to rise, even on Easy and Medium, for a long time before a ceiling is reached.

What console are you playing on Jim?
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyDDR wrote:

The Wii. My controller so far works great, so I must be one of the lucky ones...
CaseyDDR  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
CaseyDDR wrote:

The Wii. My controller so far works great, so I must be one of the lucky ones...

I donna, coulda just been a run on PS3 or 360? I know that Wii hardware is usually different, at least with the GH and RB stuff.
TheWertle  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only real pathing you need to know is rewind as soon you get one and use euphoria so as to not eat into the next time you get a rewind and try to wait to use it in sections with less knob. if you divide the total notecount of a song by 60 (or 50 on hard) you can fins the ideal number of rewinds available in a song as well as how much of a buffer you have.

say a song has 340 notes total (or actions rather), ideally you could rewind 5 times and you have 40 notes of buffer for your combo to build after getting a rewind.

pretty simple I think
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: