SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, he just cranked it up to eleven!

Well it's never too late for an amazing feat from anyone, least of all you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone!

Werelord - Ops, my bad. Nuvole e Lenzuola involved stuff I'm really weak on: chains of long phrases without breathing and short phrases. There was phrase a bit before the 1st chorus that was killing me. Escuela de Calor was a bit more lenient IMO, yet really hard.

Woofus - I see now! But I didn't think I replied that fast...or maybe you were talking about yourself? Anyway, thanks a lot for the support! I'll tell you where I live, just to make things even. I'm a Brazilian, and live on a humble city at the NW of the state of São Paulo. Okay?

Hailz - Hehe, I love your reaction. This song beats Beat It by a long shot to the title of hardest song to pass. It doesn't get any better when you try to FC it, it was the song that consumed the longest time by itself to be FC'd. But...refer to what I said to Graf on the update post regarding your potential. I know, the FGFC is waiting, and I need to grab it ASAP.

Dr00bles - I know what you mean, man. There's nothing like those monsters in my way, and if something gives me issues, it won't be for too long.

Chaosfreak - For sure, with the yelling and everything else! ;) But it's never too late for something amazing from you too, ya know

Seems my time got reduced today...this is the reason why.

TidusOfSH, on his tweets wrote:
"Haven't been feeling well on this afternoon. Too much heat, too little air. Refreshed myself and took a nap. Result: shorter gaming time."

Still, I got around to grind for some priority songs. In my honest opinion, "Purple Haze (Live)" was way more annoying than "The Wind Cries Mary". Again, I hate short phrases, add Hendrix' live "singing" to them, and it's a pain in the ass. No banners this time around, as there is a GHWT exclusive Jimi Hendrix DLC, and again, I can't buy DLC.

Tool time! "I know the pieces fit!" Gotta love that refrain! Hilariously low score for both I think (I'm pretty sure it was on "Parabola"), not enough luck with "Vicarious". Will work on it tomorrow, then go for the 2 remaining foreign songs, "Vinternoll2" and "Antisocial".

More soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
DNA  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice FC's there tidus !!! Those are some of the best songs in GHWT in my opinion.. Tool songs ftw ! Glad you got them !

I gotta agree with you about the vocal difficulty of Live songs... I hate how the pitch changes in no logical manner in live recordings **cough** **cough** Let There Be Rock **cough** !!!

Excuse meeeeee while I kiss the sky !!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, on first glance I thought it's the inverse with the Hendrix representations on disc. *shrug*
Nice job on the 4 FCs; now let's keep it going for "Vicarious"

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE
POETRY
THAT
COMES
FROM THE SQUARING OFF BETWEEN
AND THE CIRCLING
IS WORTH IT
FINDING BEAUTY IN...

...The dissonance...

I'm sorry, I HAD to say that. It's just so badass how that part is said. X3 It's nice to see that you know the pieces fit.

And on the note of live recordings, sometimes they're just really weird, yeah (i'm looking at YOU, Iron Maiden (Live)), but others, they're just awesome (like Hallowed Be Thy Name). Purple Haze I find pretty cool, though.

Also, I know I already said this to you on MSN last night, but merry christmas! ^_____^ You deserve it! Especially after the hell I bet you've been through with some of these songs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys and girl! Here's me replying to you individually and doin' the update post to archive it in order to obey my OP layout.

DNA - Yeah, I played the Tool songs, and started to appreciate them greatly for some reason. Guess I gotta try some more of them if I'm not lazy. As for live versions, yeah, it gets really nasty. But I mostly said that because Hendrix' singing isn't the best in the world, let alone on Live. Still, that's a cool song, and it's hilarious when he sings the misheard lyrics! Too bad that I couldn't hear the crowd laughing after that.

Wooffus - It's not that "Purple Haze (Live)" was *harder* than "The Wind Cries Mary". More annoying it was indeed, but harder? NEVER. I say that because my 2nd main weakness on GH Vocals is short phrases. They're mainly pretty random for me, unless I have an extreme level of consistency. If I do just nearly the same, I may be like 0,2 semitone flat or sharp in comparison to that time when I got at least the yellow, and this may give me the combo-break. In "The Wind Cries Mary", which is undoubtedly harder, if I miss a certain note in one phrase, I can fight for most of the rest to get at least the yellow. This is where the combo leniency on WT has its role.

Chaosfreak - I know what you mean. "Schism" is the best of those 3 songs IMO. "BETWEEN SUPPOSED LOVERS"...awesome times, hehe. Thanks for the wishes too! I had a hard time with the monsters, but most of the non-hard songs seem easy enough to me.

Another update. This time I caught myself with another bad flu caused by outrageous temperature transitions. Still, my voice wasn't too much worse. Plus the urge to not let things unfinished.

If you don't understand the update, I finished all the songs that are known on the Rock Band 2 disk (which include "One Way or Another" and "American Woman"), all the foreign songs (which include "L'Via L'Viaquez, one of the monsters) and, of course, the Tool songs. After 4 chokes after the freeforms, there is "Vicarious" FC'd. Float On was unexpectedly on FIRST TRY at a gig that I didn't unlock yet, and I was having problems seeing the notes under SP! (my favorite venue is Ted's Tiki Hut, FYI) Antisocial was on the 2nd time ever playing it, but again, I went Mumble-ina 'cause I wanted it to be over soon. Hollywood Nights was really annoying though.

Banner time! Thanks again, Hailz!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANOTHER flu?!?! It feels like everything ever nowadays is out to get you, huh? Between this and the E74s? It must suck living in such a hot region... LEAVE MY FRIEND ALONE, YOU DESCENDANTS OF HELL!

...Okay, maybe that was exaggerating. Getting on topic, well done as always. Vicarious sounds crazy, but it's still a cool song, of course...and then there's Soul Doubt. That song pisses me off to no end.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANY GHWT Vox FC is just crazy! Let alone 60!

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Chaosfreak - Don't worry buddy, I'm feeling better thanks to some care and remedies being diggested periodically. Hope to get rid of this flu although it'd be funny to get another FGFC besides LEGO Rock Band before getting totally cured I can't totally understand the nature of the E74's, if it was just the heat or it was also the unproper voltage at the room where I took the 360 to on the 2 temporary transfers, which, incidentally or not, ended up on E74 when I took the 360 back to its place. Now it's been 1 month since it didn't broke again, so the electric theory grows again. But I even had a "dream" where it all happened again, but it was just the video cable problem. Phew! Vicarious sounds really sadistical with those lyrics, but it's still cool, so I agree. Soul Doubt had a part a bit before the end that gave me some fits, but not as much as 2 out of the 3 FC's that I'm displaying below.

Diex - Really? Just you wait 'til I finally get that coveted FGFC! Mr. Green

Yet another update, now from yesterday's night. And another session dedicated to nail songs that would cause me some real headache. First was "Stranglehold". That quiet middle part and the repeated "come on, come on, come on, come on baby", but the octave jump helped me on the latter. Had to train the last verse too 'cause it'd be really painful to chke there. Love Removal Machine displayed some really odd singing, but I somehow managed to make my way through it quickly. The Joker was the most annoying, by far. No comments on this one.

Such a cool banner, dontcha think? Thanks Vosnos!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Vicarious IS meant to be sadistic in nature - it's about how we as people get a thrill from reading about bad news in the media. And to be honest, every time we've had a famous celebrirty death this year, this song was the first one that often comes to mind about how to describe the whole situation.

You're really plowing on with the FCs - Tool and Stranglehold?! Not even Christmas Day can stop you, so there we go.
Anyway, keep it up

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job on those FCs, was Stranglehold as annoying for you as it was for me (such as many many many post-solo chokes), but really stop fooling around Tidus get the FGFC already!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Might as well reply to you two while I'm at it.

Wooffus - Speaking of kind, it all makes sense! This is why the Tool songs shouldn't be just listened to, but analyzed as well. It's really perfect in comparison to this reality! But...told ya that the Christmas break would generate more gaming time. Too bad that I got a shorter chunk of time than expected. And some really bad luck too

Werelord - You're right about me taking way too long, but what can I do if I have just short sessions waiting after my brother and father feel done playing Borderlands? Still, I feel like I committed a sin. Could've squeezed more easier FC's in the meantime. Anyway, I didn't have any choke on "Stranglehold". Training FTW!

*Edited in order to replace temporary news with the update that will be specially archived in the future*

First of all, I wanted to say that I didn't want to have to do "that". But I had. This afternoon, we were playing Borderlands and saw the 360 consistently crashing in 2 minutes after we load the game. Then, the 3 red lights were appearing and disappearing. Then, when we gave up, I was trying to believe it was the disk or the misconnected power cable. No, everytime I turned on the 360, I saw the 3 red lights.

It's the dreaded "Red Ring of Death". I had a hopeless feeling inside, wanted to cry. I had 19 songs, pretty much of medium and easy levels keeping me from getting the FGFC on GH World Tour Vocals, and I was seeing myself having to kiss that chance goodbye. Then it came a really desperated idea: the local gamestore has a 360, and a zero-traffic time. It consisted on bringing the mic, turn the TV up, sing low and go for the rest. HOWEVER...

...to make it happen, either one of two conditions wouldn't have to be met: the 360 somehow has a repair, or my mic works on the recently acquired PS2, so I'd just need to buy GHWT for it. When I and my bro went to the gamestore to buy some PS2 games, we saw that there's not even GHWT for the 360 there. This is when I realized that everything was working in order to save me from doing such madness (the desperated plan).

First, we bought GH5 (besides some games). In case the mic doesn't work, it can still be played with the Dualshock. But IT DID WORK! It all makes sense...so I got back and bought GHWT as well.

The PS2 engine is undoubtedly more lenient than the 360/PS3 engine, however, it demands the luck that the next-gen engines don't. The comet gets jumpy occasionally, and I wasted some time in some of the songs. The freeforms are doable, yet a bit odd. Wow, that stuff is so damn different!

Bottom line is, before you say that I played dirty and wussed out to the PS2 version, take a good look: I did basically the hardest songs on GHWT Vocals, not to say the Top 20, and others making a total of SIXTY-FOUR songs, all on the 360. All that remained to me was medium-easy songs that I'd do on 360 anyway. Not as fast as I did today, but soon or later I'd get these FC's if my 360 worked.

So, don't blame me. Blame the RRoD. This red shit is the one that made me do that, not myself. And I don't wanna spend the equivalent to 700+ dollars just to get another 360, just so I can get those relatively easy FC's, especially when I totally can't afford it for now.

When we get around to buy a new 360, I'll definitely redo these FC's on it. And yeah, I got these 19 FC's in a single session.

As you can see, "Monsoon" was #82 'cause I *hate* that song. For #83, I pick the most anthological song that ever existed on GHWT Vocals!

With this, GHWT is finished for now, and you'll be able to see all scores as soon as they're all ready, through "All Platforms". Also, don't know which FGFC banner I'll pick!

I'm planning to give the rhythm games a break. Wanted to finally do something else...like playing some Final Fantasy X, and/or replay Samurai Warriors + SW Xtreme Legends...perhaps this PS2 will allow me to finally import that stuff and get 100% on this game. But for now, this is it.

Thank you so much for the support. If it weren't for you amazing people, I wouldn't come this far!

Last edited by tidus on Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:19 am; edited 2 times in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: Wait, why the fuck am I ripping on myself?! YOU JUST FUCKING FGFC'D THIS GAME. That is just beyond words.

That redhead of yours...I think i'm in love with her. Can I has her autograph? *shot*

Though in all seriousness, it is kinda scary that just as I mention the E74s, the RRoD kicks in. Total coincidence, huh?

Either way, I extend my full congrats, really, you do deserve it.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
blakstang98  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, that sucks about getting the RRoD on your 360, but it's great to see you could pick up the rest of the WT Vox FC's on PS2! Excellent work my friend! Sorry I haven't commented on your thread in a while, I've been busy, and only managed to bump my own thread. But I wanted to take this time to give my congrats to you. It's still awesome to see you killing it on Vox, you're awesome at it! Keep up the good work man!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RROD makes me sad for Tidus

Congratulations on the FGFC! World Tour is ridiculous, I have no idea how you crazy vocalists even do it. I practice and play vocals on RB and GH, and I am still not that good at it

You've come a long way from our little rivalry on the Rock Band side a while back. I think it's safe to say you are a vocals MASTER \m/

Keep up the craziness, Tidus. Play some Final Fantasy and such, but be sure to come back to the rhythm games and kick more ass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 59, 60, 61 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 60 of 92

Jump to: