Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to take a break on your GH5 vocal journey, you picked a good song to bail out on. If I could handle "Lonely is the Night" with a cold, then I am sure you were equally as able to handle it yourself, and look where it got you. Well done, mate.

Still, I know you may feel as if you want to quit due to your recent struggles - and ironically I'm intending for "The Spirit of Radio" to be the last song for myself to FC - but if you want to bail out, at least take a little breather. Maybe your mind may be re-adjusted after a little break or so, and everyone has to take one at least once.

On top of that, there's nothing worse than working so hard on something, no matter how big or small, and you want to show it to people you know and NO ONE takes a look at it - I've learnt that lesson so many times myself. Here, you've got people interested in what you do best, and everyone's cheering you on to make sure you reach your goal. You have a heck of a lot more followers than me too - the best advice would be to not let them down.

Aaand that's my words-of-wisdom moment for today.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
On top of that, there's nothing worse than working so hard on something, no matter how big or small, and you want to show it to people you know and NO ONE takes a look at it - I've learnt that lesson so many times myself. Here, you've got people interested in what you do best, and everyone's cheering you on to make sure you reach your goal. You have a heck of a lot more followers than me too - the best advice would be to not let them down.

tidus, seeing this makes me want to ask you: How long did it take me to get...*thinks* my War Ensemble guitar 5*? Not sure exactly how long, but it was painful. My Roadrunner pack Bass FC? FOUR DAYS STRAIGHT of grinding Clouds Over California for two to three hours! (and lots of failed attempts on Sleepwalker for that matter) My Maiden pack Bass FC, especially Run to the Hills? Three months of working on all the songs. And my Maiden pack Vox FC for that matter? Two and a half weeks of learning each of the songs, AND an outro choke on Powerslave! And of course, on the previous page I already mentioned Panic Attack. You told me on MSN that you were proud of me for not letting up on any of those. Think of all of that you've supported me on, and how much I am dedicating myself to My Last Words bass despite the torture it's causing me. I'm still going for it anyway, because i'm so close to getting it and that full album FC banner, and it would be arguably my best accomplishment in any of these games to date. And also, because you told me you're counting on me to do it too, as are lefty, Diex and erkle.

...But despite what everyone else wants, I respect your decision. I'm not going to try to force you to play the game if you don't want to. I told you how discouraged I was when I failed Afterlife bass even with all my other crazy FCs. Take a look at this post erkle made in my thread:

Back in December, when I said that I hadn't FC'd Afterlife, 82erkle wrote:
Also, you've FC'ed BYOB, RttH, Idealistic Types, Panic Attack, and What A Horrible Night, BUT YOU HAVEN'T FC'ED AFTERLIFE!?!??!??!? GO!!!!!!!!

That post put a lot of pressure on me. For the most part, it was because of that (though not as much inv4der's banner, or more importantly me loving Avenged Sevenfold) that made me jump right on that. I don't want to do that to you. I want you to be happy with your decisions and the accomplishments that you're proud of. Either way, just play FF7, or whatever else may help you, and we'll be waiting when you return. Either way, i'm still rooting for you. And your pretty redhead, too, for that matter. *hugs her* Wow...1400 posts.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:45 am; edited 2 times in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies everyone. Well, I made my mind, you'll see everything on this wall of text below.

WhYYZ - See below. I'm not dead yet.

Arvain - Dude, that hurts! You talk about monsters of the GH5 disk, I talk about a medium caliber song, right? TSoR isn't even close to these ones. I didn't mind spending 1h30m on each of the 2 harder FC's I have, but spending almost 1h on a much easier song is clearly frustrating. But whatever...

Wooffus - I actually absorbed a lot from what you said. That's right, I got a lot of followers, although most of them are bound to follow your thread too I understand your pain though, I passed through this compelling situation a few times. But here, I thought you all would understand why I wanted to stop. Hopefully you'll understand why I didn't stop this time around as well.

Chaosfreak - Talk about turning the spell against its caster, right? Again, I was attempting one of the hardest FC's, I'd never write something like that. Talk about being completely lost and nervous...even remembering all of that stuff you told me, the history behind your hardest Bass FC's...I said that, and knew you would remind me of those conversations. If I played that game though, it's not because I was forced. It's because I wanted to see if I'm, like, "respawned" if you know what I mean. I just don't want to...well, you'll see the whole stuff below.

After I did that update, I went back to the room and started playing Final Fantasy X, so I can try to take that humiliation away from my head. Then I went to check my thread, and saw 3 replies. They clearly touched my mind. And I decided to myself that I don't want to retire under humiliation. If I'm to retire, I'll retire happily, with something good to tell.

I wanted to apologize those who follow my thread for such foolishness. It was alright if it happened with me on a high caliber song like "Fame", "Superstition" or something. But TSoR is far from being hard, and I felt really bad for not taking care of that song properly. But, this shit always happens to me. If I go into a pessimistic mood, seems I do everything after some time. So, that was kinda expected. Again, I apologize. I didn't mean to play attention-whoring or something, yet that I can't quite regret it. Who knows if I'd really keep sucking if I didn't outburst? ANYWAY...

...turned on my 360 again, with the GH5 disk. Went directly to "The Spirit of Radio (Live)", and on that 1st phrase of the called "Rasta Break", I got close enough to don't get SP even with an Excellent. But I proceeded to hit the rest including "Of SALESmen" and get the FC on FIRST FUCKING TRY! Damn, I wasn't even believing I could do that! So I got some morale and FC'd the rest.

"Send a Little Love Token" didn't take more than 10 minutes, even with a careless choke on "I would" on the last chorus. The diamond/Chanteuse achievement took longer than the FC. Go figure.

Then, there was "Sneak Out", which took a while because my throat was kinda raspy after the dinner. I dreaded "Song 2" to the point that I picked "Under Pressure" instead of it for the grind for #30. Guess what? First fucking try too.

"Never Miss a Beat" used to be hard and random, didn't take more than 10 minutes this time. "Looks that Kill" took the longest because of both "Now listen up" phrases. I even discovered an octave jump for "She'll slice you apart", saving some time. Now, the pics, as of usual.

Again, I insist. Forgive me for my sudden change of decision. First: as I said, I suck at retirements. Second: I just can't retire under such humiliation, so I will fight back when possible.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay glad you're not giving up on GH5 vox, especially after recently demolishing WT. For what it's worth, I actually think The Spirit of Radio is a difficult vox FC, even if it's not "a monster" like Superstition or something. So I'm jealous that you got it, and you are no longer allowed to call it a medium-caliber song

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*/me looks at your avatar* YES! That's the tidus we all know! ^______^

Thank you, sincerely. And by "you'd never write something like that" were you referring to that post I was quoting that erkle made? I mean, I just don't like when people are questioned for what they've FC'd and don't think they can, as I mentioned in that massive wall of text I posted in B-Fuzz's thread. I'm just amazed you had the patience to listen to me telling you all of that over and over without getting bored.

Also, you only mentioned three replies, so I guess you saw those replies before I posted. Ah well, if you forgot me, I forgive you. Besides, I bet that post said as much as the other three, right? I completely understood why you'd want to stop, and you're the last person i'd ever be mad at. Either way, I can tell you i'm proud of you for showing those songs what you're made of, just like you were at me.

And speaking of your new avatar, you know what her pose reminds me of? May from Pokemon Emerald. Look at that image and tell me they're not at least somewhat comparible. I mean, the hat, right hand up, left hand down. That's the position that really shows determination, no? I don't know if you're into Pokemon or not, but since I am (you know me >_>), I thought i'd mention it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(wow, speaking of pkmn right here, i'm getting interested x) )

Hey, now that's more like it tidus !! I know it hurt, that was the point ! Also, Streamline woman is nothing hard, and it's one of the easiest songs that gave me the most trouble ! Also, no matter how hard the song is by itself, the point was : when you're able to fc cause you practiced a LOT and you miss for unbelievable reasons on easy phrases, that's UGH annoying So yeah, glad you got scared by my powtrout and came back .... (that's why you came back, right ? xD)

Anyway, very good job on powning those stupid songs !! And WTF, i ALSO missed the starpower on the same phrase as you, even getting Excellent I knew getting starpower with "good" was possible (though weird), it had happened before... but getting no SP with excellent sounds wrong (and makes the previous thing go from weird to wrong too !!). That game is mind boggling

Also, you rock ! And don't let any moment of rage make you post things like "retiring" ;P Or you'll have more angry and powtrout-threatening posts from me, and walls of text from chaosfreak haha !!

Ps : please, save some easy songs for the very end : personnal opinion, but i find it better when i fc the hardest stuff.....and then only have some cool summer breeze left to fc ^___^ Not as much pressure ! With 21st csm being the last on bass, i had that weird feeling like "arrrgh, no choice, only the hardest to do, it's so impossibleeeee". Well i think you got the point ^^ Good luck with the other songs !!
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I like my walls of text. Nothing says "motivation" like a big, well thought out wall of text. Right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you came back. GH vocals have a similar affect on my morale. I'm just shocked that playing FFX would put you in the mood to go back and try again. That game is so sad

Anyways, congrats on TSoR!

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

Drama - So, it may just be the power of the motivation that made me get that song on 1st try after everything, huh? Well, your mileage may vary, so I understand you.

Chaosfreak - I mentioned that I got three at the moment when I checked and went back to play GH5 again. You posted right when I was playing About "I'd never write something like that", I wouldn't do that stuff if I was spending my time with a harder song, understanding that I would really take a long time with it. I like a lot to adopt the cost-benefit relation. And, the avatar, it was kinda on purpose. I wanted to take a pic of my character on a valiant pose, just to make a pair with this situation. Then you refresh my memory with this link to see how May looks like. About the rest, I'm gonna (try to) be straight again: no need to worry about that.

Arvain - When you have either one of the cases, that's kinda understandable (about SP phrases), but when you have both... Well, at least you could understand my frustration. Rest assured, I didn't come back exactly because of the (POW)Trout though, so feel free to sue me I don't have any plans for the FGFC, just 70 is nice for me. But there can always be a silly song or two in my way, so *IF* the chances of an FGFC happen to grow somehow, I can get rid of the monsters first. But for now, that's a dream.

Moose - Hehe, that game is sad indeed. Just how naïve and predictable Yuna was on that game was a reason to sadden me. But I wasn't on THE sad part. All I did was basically develop the characters' Sphere Grids and LOL at Rikku's intense fear of lightning

Could squeeze some GH5 time, although I wanted to priorize quality a bit. Let's take a look on the 1st and 3rd FC, out of 3 of this session.

"Jailbreak" is said to be a tricky FC. Quiet phrases and knowing when I need to change octaves was a problem. Had 2 or 3 chokes, but this song isn't as long as "The Spirit of Radio (Live)", so I could live with that. In the other hand, not a fan of "Steady, as She Goes", took longer than "Jailbreak" actually. Don't know what makes people consider this song a low-caliber one.

"Jailbreak" is G/B/V FC, "Steady, as She Goes" needs Guitar and Bass, but Guitar won't happen because of the small 16th triplet strumming being too much for my Dualshock skills.

Now for the 2nd and best FC in this session. Picked it for kicks and giggles, as it was a really really short song, and I'd get something good if I could pull some cool progress on it. The problem on this moment: I was still getting on the last phrase. So I made some training and a path too, when I realized that I was hitting the Allen and Natasha line. Another problem: whenever I get past that phrase, I always screwed up on the "I really wanna be on L.A.-ah ooooh" phrases. When I got past it, I choked on another random phrase. But I trained the 3 last phrases beforehand, because the second-to-last one was VERY strict and chokable. When I got past that stuff again...

Just Bass to go! My 3rd best GH5 Vocal FC, for sure! Also, I'm at 148 Overall FC's (46 on Guitar + 41 on Bass + 61 on Vocals), so I'm getting really close!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Chaosfreak - I mentioned that I got three at the moment when I checked and went back to play GH5 again. You posted right when I was playing

Fair enough. That's only to be expected.

About "I'd never write something like that", I wouldn't do that stuff if I was spending my time with a harder song, understanding that I would really take a long time with it. I like a lot to adopt the cost-benefit relation.

Oh, right. I should have figured as much. To be honest, I had just woke up when I posted that, so I guess I was a bit braindead there and had a rushed thought. Yeah, some easier songs can end up more irritating than hard ones. I get your idea.

And, the avatar, it was kinda on purpose. I wanted to take a pic of my character on a valiant pose, just to make a pair with this situation. Then you refresh my memory with this link to see how May looks like.

That refreshed your memory? What hit you when you saw it? And once again, I would guess your character's pose had to do with how you felt after you saw those replies. The only reason I showed that image was because I saw that avatar and thought, "oh, what does this remind me of?" and I thought I could compare both images. You?

"Jailbreak" is G/B/V FC, "Steady, as She Goes" needs Guitar and Bass, but Guitar won't happen because of the small 16th triplet strumming being too much for my Dualshock skills.

Hm. I remember playing Jailbreak on Hard guitar, and I thought, "Hm, looks like another easy FC to add to my count" then out came a weird trill. Nice job. And as for Steady as She Goes, as I just said, I won't question you.

(about Wannabe in LA) Just Bass to go! My 3rd best GH5 Vocal FC, for sure! Also, I'm at 148 Overall FC's (46 on Guitar + 41 on Bass + 61 on Vocals), so I'm getting really close!

Again, great work. I'm happy to see you still have it in the tank.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go - over 60 vox FCs, and I'm very happy for you for your growing progress.
I still think Jailbreak is one of the easier songs in the tier 8 category out of experience, but it's still fun to sing; glad you managed to nail your score as well, so congrats

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot to you both!

Don't worry. I'm not retiring because of anger or something. Just thought I'd take a break and have real fun with my little thing. As I mentioned on Wooffus' thread, I'm having fun with FFX like it was new. Don't know how I'll be back, especially because I still didn't find good conditions for either Vocal vid. I'll still put the plan into motion when the conditions are eventually good.

Still, I uploaded what I believe it was the only FC vid remaining. This song is fucking awesome, but its chart (can't say song obviously) has been a thorn in my side for over a year, so beware for the strong reaction, which I'm sorry about.

"Carry On Wayward Son" Expert FC

Also, I managed to reach 150 GH5 overall FC's, counting the 3 instruments I have access to, but it apparently gone blank. Maybe an overall half-game FC (169 FC's) when I feel like fighting the long loadtimes of the PS2 GH5... But "They Say" ended up being the #150. Blame that stupid orange strummy bit a few notes from the end of "Woman from Tokyo ('99 remix)". Just hadn't the mood to train, so I skipped it after 2 chokes. Most of 'em, ya know, loleasy on Guitar/Bass, tougher on Vocals. Especially "Wannabe in L.A."

For now, that's it, folks!

ccmoose  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH2 nostalgia break!!! Nothing like Carry on My Wayward son to do that for you. Now for the sex and coke party ;-)

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...Not the reaction your comment made me think you would spurt. Either way, I commented on your vid, but good work on that FC. ;)

Also, I heard a little while ago about the earthquake in Haiti. Since you're a Brazilian and all, I figure you would be very concerned. I am too, and I hope you and anyone you may know are safe and unharmed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus!

Congrats on the GHWT FGFC!! (yes I followed your progress a little :P) Also on reaching 150 overall FCs on GH5, and on all the insane new GH2 guitar FCs!!!

Like I said on your Youtube COWS video, I did have a little time to play yesterday (not enough though!), and tried to FC that same song, and after 2 chokes on guitar solo 4, I temporarily gave up :S I know I can FC it for sure, but I just have to hit everything the same run and not do silly mistakes like forget to strum notes haha!

Have fun on your little break

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 63 of 92

Jump to: