ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 PC Patch 1.31 and SecuROM WOES

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimmymcjimmy1  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: GH3 PC Patch 1.31 and SecuROM WOES Reply with quote

Hi Happy New Year Everyone.

My woes started with trying to patch my GH3 PC installation to 1.3 and got the Emulator Detected Error Message. Tried to install the 1.31patch which is supposed to fix the error but it still persisted. After around two weeks of looking for a solution and no responses to e-mails from Activision or Aspyr. I rang Aspyr in Texas USA and was refered to SecuROM for a solution. SecuROM it appears are responsible for the copy protection embedded in the GH3 PC DVD. Up to that point I have never heard of SecuROM but have since learned how invasive the ScuROM software is once it is installed with the game on a pc. After providing SecuROM with an analysis of my GH3 installation SecuROM responded with a modified GH3.EXE file which enables the game to run on my pc when patched to version 1.31.
However, the sole purpose in the first place of installing patch 1.31 was to be able to install and successfully run GHCP and add custom songs which I am unable to do because I suspect the modified GH3 installation is incompatable with GHCP. Has anyone out there had similar problems and found a workaround to successfully add and run custom songs without interference from the Securom Digital Rights Management software?
Rapstah  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying you got the SecuROM guys to send you a copy protection free GH3 .exe? That's kind of weird.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, thats not what I am saying at all. The GH3.EXE provided by SecuROM was simply to enable my intallation of the game to load and run with the 1.30 and 1.31 update patch without the Emultor Detected Error. Whether or not the modified GH3.EXE provided by SecuROM has removed the copy protection I have no idea.

The point I was making was that I want to be able to load and play custom songs via the GHCP. I can not install and use GHCP without the game being patched to 1.31. When I patched to 1.31 I got the Emulator Detected Error and the game will not load which I understand is caused in part or full by the SecuROM copy protection.
MementoMori  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some technically illegal solutions that some people use to get around that, but it can't be discussed here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MementoMori34
jimmymcjimmy1  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That may be so, but I bought Guitar Hero 3 for PC in good faith, but it has installed third party software in the form of SecuROM DRM without my pior knowledge or consent and which at best is restricting the expansion of the game and at worst is possibly inducing instability and incompatabilities into my pc that would not otherwise exist.

Therefore, if there are any workarounds that can be used to overcome this Malware which is in my opinion what SecuROM is then at least someone please point me in the right direction or e-mail me with the info on james.sedger@talktalk.net. As you can tell I am pretty pissed off with SecuROM having been installed on my PC by stealth.

Many thanks to the contributors!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: