ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Help a complete noob FC Freebird?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Help a complete noob FC Freebird? Reply with quote

Ok so I am a complete noob regarding vocals but I want to get this FC. Even though I sang like 3 songs before, I can do semi-good on it (Get a few 4x going). However, There are a few parts that I cannot hit for the life of me (Mainly the long, low notes that aren't "girl")

I'd like to have general tips as to how to be a decent enough vocalist to get it... I'm going to play it a few more times so I can be more precise cuz after rereading that post I'm far from being clear.

EDIT: So yeah, I'm having trouble hitting the 2nd phrase, the 4th and so on until the break, and after the break I'm having trouble with the 1st two and the fourth.

I'd like to know how hard I should try, hoiw far I should hold the mic...

Last edited by Pas26 on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand correctly it seems like you're having trouble hitting the low stuff. If that's the case I'd reccomend maybe going up an octave on the verses and your normal octave on chorus?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord has it bang on. How low can you naturally sing anyway?

If the note there is lower than what you can normally achieve, you should definitely go on to octave switching for that one. I do a similar thing for the first verse of "Stellar" - I can't go that low naturally, so I sing that part an octave higher to better fit my capabilities as a natural Alto.

Hope the tip kind of helps O.o

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Pas26  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can go pretty low but since I'm naturally singing pretty low the low notes are just under my reach. To hit them I have to sing weird high note.

So, I should try to sing higher?

I'll search aroung on the internet to find "how low" I can sing, if I understand this correctly While I am pretty good naturally at music (I'm FAR from being tone-deaf) I know barely any music theory.

EDIT: Forgot to say this: my voice is garbage, if I try to steadily sing higher I will always skip a few notes :p

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Well, I can go pretty low but since I'm naturally singing pretty low the low notes are just under my reach. To hit them I have to sing weird high note.

I'll search aroung on the internet to find "how low" I can sing, if I understand this correctly While I am pretty good naturally at music (I'm FAR from being tone-deaf) I know barely any music theory.

EDIT: Forgot to say this: my voice is garbage, if I try to steadily sing higher I will always skip a few notes :p

Its ok when I FCed Freebird I couldnt go that low either but I didnt go girly high to hit it...just go up an octave if you're singing as low as you sound like you're singing it wont be that high...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:

If you have any sort of musical instrument, it can help to sing along to it and write down what key it is. Just start where you feel comfortable and keep going down a semitone (one fret on a guitar is the easiest analogy) until you just can't do it anymore.

And yeah, it's very hard for me to sing scales in key. If you eventually get an ear for the music, you can find out what key it is and make the judgment on how far you have to go based on that. That's probably a bit too complicated though considering your lack of theory knowledge. Basically you just get a feel for what all the notes used in the song are and try to "match" them to any sort of similar-sounding pitch. If the song never uses B, I'd know never to sing B.

It's a lot easier actually doing it than talking about it. If I try to sing without any sort of "guide," I can't do it very well unless I know the song. It's easy to tell what sounds good with the song playing and what doesn't.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: