ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH5 Drum Engine Broken?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XMSquiZZ360  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Game Problem? Reply with quote

orange22 wrote:
Hey guys- without knowing exactly what's going on, I can't comment directly about this. However, I'll make sure to get this checked out ASAP, if it's not being looked at already. If you're having this issue, could you reply with what system you're on and what drum kit you're using?

Aside from this, hope you're enjoying the game

If it's not too late, I play XBOX 360/stock WT kit.
The game kicks ASS, the only thing is I can't pass (I think) 3 songs on E+ and I'd just like this problem fixed!
g0dly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Problem? Reply with quote

XMSquiZZ360 wrote:
orange22 wrote:
Hey guys- without knowing exactly what's going on, I can't comment directly about this. However, I'll make sure to get this checked out ASAP, if it's not being looked at already. If you're having this issue, could you reply with what system you're on and what drum kit you're using?

Aside from this, hope you're enjoying the game

If it's not too late, I play XBOX 360/stock WT kit.
The game kicks ASS, the only thing is I can't pass (I think) 3 songs on E+ and I'd just like this problem fixed!

yeah i just got my WT drums on 360 fixed and i thought i sucked... i'm glad i read this topic. having the same problem as everyone else. its reely annoying.

ElementOfZero wrote:
It's definitely not whining. This is a major flaw, and as Sulfurus pointed out in the other thread, if this happened to 5% of the guitar songs there would be a huge outrage here.

I don't see how they could overlook it. I really don't. Whatever they did to fix it in Band Hero needs to be patched in GH5.

the problem is that its reely WAY more than 5% of the songs. maybe its 5% of the on disk gh5 songs, but about half of the imports from SH and WT are X+ and then when you start to become a good drummer or you are playing online in quickplay, 2/3 of the songs you are going to play have X+ in them. you can't even play with a band any more. i dont know how many times somebody has picked that stupid devil wears prada song or deamons and i just had to leave because i can hit the crazy symbol part but the second those double bass sections come by i fail.
orangeglacier  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I was wondering: is this glitch on Bloodmeat and the recently released Fall of Troy pack too?

GH5 (30/43)(Gamma Ray latest)
RB2 (39/42)(Souls of Black latest)
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orangeglacier wrote:
One thing I was wondering: is this glitch on Bloodmeat and the recently released Fall of Troy pack too?

Yes. Any song with an X+ chart. Including future releases.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neversoft wrote:
I have an official statement I can now post about the Expert+ drum glitch:

"Thanks for all the information on the expert+ issue. Unfortunately, it's not something that we will be patching for currently released products. However, we are currently working on solution for future Guitar Hero games."

Thanks,
Neversoft

http://hub.guitarhero.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=7703&start=140

Poor form Neversoft.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just so so so amazed this didn't get picked up during QA. I mean this is a major game-wrecking bug and extremely obvious! I can't see how the game got a thumbs up for release when it's literally broken!
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing, but not unexpected.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, playing on the Wii means no patch would have been possible anyway. Guess I just play all X+ in band hero.
Cubsrule21aza  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:
Eh, playing on the Wii means no patch would have been possible anyway. Guess I just play all X+ in band hero.

This. I blame nintendo for not having a patch released (this does not excuse the fact that it should've been found during Q&A). Imagine if a patch was released on ps3/360, but not wii. Wii owners would riot

Blehgopie wrote:
<Blehgopie> FUCKING STRUM LIMIT!
<Blehgopie> HARMONIX FIX AERIS
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Aaron45653 PSN Name: Aaron45653
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

llamaman2 wrote:

Don't forget about PS2 users as well... Here's to no X+ glitch in Guitar Hero 6!

Also we already figured out how to avoid the glitch...

You just need to be ccmoose.
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
llamaman2 wrote:

Don't forget about PS2 users as well... Here's to no X+ glitch in Guitar Hero 6!

AFAIK the game isn't broken on PS2, and I don't think Wii either?
toymachine wrote:
Also we already figured out how to avoid the
glitch...

You just need to be ccmoose.

A solid solution to the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's pretty retarded, but again, not entirely unexpected with the almost total radio silence about the issue.

I guess I will just wait for Band Hero to go down to like $10 and then import GH5 over. Pretty stupid though.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
smileymaster  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
I am just so so so amazed this didn't get picked up during QA. I mean this is a major game-wrecking bug and extremely obvious! I can't see how the game got a thumbs up for release when it's literally broken!

I'm guessing they just had double bass and played X+.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:

Probably just like how the slider notes sucked hard, and didn't work properly. They probably realized it, but got lazy. I don't understand why they can't fix the bass note problem. They just want people to buy their future products, and are saying fuck you to the people who bought GH5. I love GH, but they need new testers for their games.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hheemm wrote:
GesterX wrote:

Probably just like how the slider notes sucked hard, and didn't work properly. They probably realized it, but got lazy. I don't understand why they can't fix the bass note problem. They just want people to buy their future products, and are saying fuck you to the people who bought GH5. I love GH, but they need new testers for their games.

They probably didn't have any playtesters that were good and consistent enough to test the slide notes to a conclusive level.

For comparison's sake, the RB DLC Devil's Island chart originally had only one Overdrive phrase before the solo, and apparently only one of Harmonix's QA players could pass the intro at all with just the one OD - hence the awkwardly placed second OD before the solo.

As far as the Expert issue, they probably focused all their testing on Expert+.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 9 of 12

Jump to: