ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
1/21 DLC - Metal Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigSnatch  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:
Why do you want ToTTG charted like Painkiller? For ease of the chart?

By most tabs ToTTG has no HO or PO notes in the main/intro riff, but Painkiller does have PO's.

Not for ease of the chart, but just because that kind of riff is fun. Even on sightread I didn't miss any of the verses at all. In fact, since I'm already alt strumming because of the verse, it makes keeping rhythm for the chorus a little easier.

I didn't realize that the tabs had it charted as strumming, I just kind of assumed it would be the same as the customs, not realizing the customs were "wrong".
Well, no, not really. See, with the banana, you have the choice to eat it soon after buying it, avoiding the rotting situation and enjoying some tasty food while it's fresh. The situation with Bat Country, on the other hand, is venting over an inevitability. It's more like "Death, taxes, and 12-year-olds overplaying Avenged Sevenfold songs online."
MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigSnatch wrote:
MercyfulFate wrote:
Why do you want ToTTG charted like Painkiller? For ease of the chart?

By most tabs ToTTG has no HO or PO notes in the main/intro riff, but Painkiller does have PO's.

Not for ease of the chart, but just because that kind of riff is fun. Even on sightread I didn't miss any of the verses at all. In fact, since I'm already alt strumming because of the verse, it makes keeping rhythm for the chorus a little easier.

I didn't realize that the tabs had it charted as strumming, I just kind of assumed it would be the same as the customs, not realizing the customs were "wrong".

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/amon_amarth/twilight_of_the_thunder_god_new_intro_tab.htm

|---------------------------------------------------------------------|
|10--------------------------------10------------------------10-------|
|------11--------------------------------11-------------11--------11--|
|------------11------12---11---9---------------11---------------------|
|--9-9---9-9---9-9-9----9----9---9---9-9---9-9----9-9-9----9----9---9-|

http://www.guitaretab.com/j/judas-priest/25537.html

||----------------------------------|--------------------------------||
||o---------------------------------|-------------------------------o||
||----------------------------------|-------------------------3-3-3--||
||--2-----0-----2-----3-----2p0-----|-2-----------2-----3-----3-3-3--||
||o---------------------------------|-------5-----------------1-1-1-o||
||----0-0---0-0---0-0---0-0-----3p0-|---0-0---0-0---0-0---0-0--------||

Sorry for the wonky pasting, but yeah.

http://dlcquickplay.com/user/battlestarfire
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/a/amon_amarth/twilight_of_the_thunder_god_new_intro_tab.htm

Code:
|10--------------------------------10------------------------10-------|
|------11--------------------------------11-------------11--------11--|
|------------11------12---11---9---------------11---------------------|
|--9-9---9-9---9-9-9----9----9---9---9-9---9-9----9-9-9----9----9---9-|

http://www.guitaretab.com/j/judas-priest/25537.html

Code:
||----------------------------------|--------------------------------||
||o---------------------------------|-------------------------------o||
||----------------------------------|-------------------------3-3-3--||
||--2-----0-----2-----3-----2p0-----|-2-----------2-----3-----3-3-3--||
||o---------------------------------|-------5-----------------1-1-1-o||
||----0-0---0-0---0-0---0-0-----3p0-|---0-0---0-0---0-0---0-0--------||

Better.

If the riff for TottTG was faster i would want it to be hopos, but its half the speed of the chorus, so i dont mind.

MercyfulFate  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing it.

sean2490  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys stop quoting tabs as if they mean anything whatsoever as to what the chart should look like?

As for the pack: Disappointed with it. If they're gonna make a metal pack, the least they could do is not include bands like Dethklok and Shadows Fall. And on top of the, the solo in TofTG is one of the worst looking solo's ever charted.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
Can you guys stop quoting tabs as if they mean anything whatsoever as to what the chart should look like?

As for the pack: Disappointed with it. If they're gonna make a metal pack, the least they could do is not include bands like Dethklok and Shadows Fall. And on top of the, the solo in TofTG is one of the worst looking solo's ever charted.

Wait, what?!

They said it should be charted like painkiller, and painkiller has PO's where Twilight doesn't, so that's why it's not the same. It's perfectly relevant.

Why shouldn't it include Dethklok and Shadows Fall and what's wrong with the solo?

My head hurts from this post.

wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will mark the first GH DLC I've bought since Death Magnetic was released for GH3.

More of this please, Neversoft!

Can't wait to get my stuck into the Amon Amarth track :P
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
sean2490  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MercyfulFate wrote:
sean2490 wrote:

Wait, what?!

They said it should be charted like painkiller, and painkiller has PO's where Twilight doesn't, so that's why it's not the same. It's perfectly relevant.

Why shouldn't it include Dethklok and Shadows Fall and what's wrong with the solo?

The fact of the matter is that what the guitar tab looks like should have no bearing on what the chart looks like (they may be similar, but one should not influence the other). The people who want the riff to have hammerons don't want this because to increase accuracy, they want it to increase ease of playing.

To expand upon what I said before: Not really a huge fan of either Dethklok or Shadows Fall. Dethklok is comedy metal (I like the show but the music... not so much) and Shadows Fall is Metalcore (I don't intend to be all "holier than thou" about this, just not a huge fan of that genre)

Lastly, watch this video and tell me that the GH5 solo chart is good.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean2490 wrote:
MercyfulFate wrote:
sean2490 wrote:

Wait, what?!

The fact of the matter is that what the guitar tab looks like should have no bearing on what the chart looks like (they may be similar, but one should not influence the other). The people who want the riff to have hammerons don't want this because to increase accuracy, they want it to increase ease of playing.

To expand upon what I said before: Not really a huge fan of either Dethklok or Shadows Fall. Dethklok is comedy metal (I like the show but the music... not so much) and Shadows Fall is Metalcore (I don't intend to be all "holier than thou" about this, just not a huge fan of that genre)

Lastly, watch this video and tell me that the GH5 solo chart is good.

Well your first point goes out the window since I asked if it was for the ease of the chart, and he said no.

Like it or not the charts are based on the way it's played in a very basic way. Why pick notes that are all hammer ons in real life, and vice versa?

On that subject my friend can't beat LCDS's main riff, it's funny.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: