Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on 400 overall FCs! As I noted in #lavalamp last night, "Sweating Bullets" is clearly an epic song to go for, and clearly a tricky one to redux as well, haha.
And just like above, <3 "Streamline Woman" - that is clearly one of the more underappreciated songs in the game, so glad to see you got that one out of the way too.

But yeah, 400 overall FCs? Definitely deserving of 400 cookies

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome to the 400 club my man top FC, sweating bullets is a whore to figure out, great job
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, jungle girl, is it nice talking to yourself? (c'mon, you can't fool anyone with a torn skirt like that)

Either way, amazing job on 400 FCs. Epic. Sweating Bullets has to be one of the most unintentionally hillarious songs in the game.

tidus wrote:
No, not that Nelly Furtado song. AT ALL.

For some reason, this made me think of J.J. >.> Partly because back in 2009, people would post on his page saying "fc panic attack nub". And the crap that went on recently with him and Visions Bass. Except I don't think anyone would even dare to call you a nub. Oh, and for the record, it was because of me that you even passed Sowing Season, you nub.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.o

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, guys and girls!

Werelord - Yep, I'm glad that most the song finally clicked. It helped.

Lili - Too bad that you don't take Vox a bit more seriously. Don't be afraid to fail though. I had my share of failures on my early times!

Cyber - I remember since I uploaded the Guitar FC vid, that you loved that song. Proves that discontentment with inclusion of some "indie" stuff is, and will always be futile. Just for the record, you're awesome too.

Wooffus - Another one who finds "Sweating Bullets" an epic song...not a lie, that song is totally awesome! I really think that "Streamline Woman" is just underappreciated because it's an "unknown" song, and I've been seeing lots of insults upon inclusion of unknown bands on GH, mostly on incorrectly started wishlist threads. Anyway, what would I do with 400 cookies...my breakfasts would be guaranteed!

Boss - Hehe, it's a great club! But IIRC, you have 400 Vox FC's, I have 400 Expert FC's counting everything I got on GH, ya?

Chaosfreak - At the moment, the skirt swung a bit up I think Sometimes that song reminds me of myself. I have a bad habit of talking to myself sometimes But...you're not pestering me to try and FC "Turn Off the Light", are you? *draws the (POW)Trout*

Seriously though, I didn't quite give up on that song. I just want to get myself a refresh from it, and do something more constructive in the meantime, such as the following update.

Kire - The sweet art of expressing the feelings in one smiley...hehe, you're cool indeed!

What other kind of challenge can force me to FC Anouk's "Good God" on Expert Vocals THRICE on a day? Anyway, this situation was not of my picking. I think.

This is my first GHWT Video. It's pretty much a challenge I imposed to myself, so it dodges the main purpose of sounding good. And a video is the only way to prove a back-to-back FC. You'll see more through the thing.

"Good God" & "Demolition Man (Live)" Expert Vocals Back-To-Back FC's!

P.S.: Some Germain motherfuckers don't know to let us having fun. Well, it's accessible for everybody else at least

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
GirlsNightOut  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo!!!! You've been doing so much since I've been away!! OMG!! I'll have to take a long look at what you have!

Tell me that you are going to become a vocal legend!

GNO ~ Sarah

Goals:
[X] Beat Lou on Expert
[X] Pass TTFAF
[] Get more FC's than my boyfriend, 20-16
[X] 5 star all Expert career songs
[] Learn to squeeze?
[] Find a way to get the other GH games for PS2
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU are a demolition man tidus very good job on getting those two back to back ^^ Cause Good god may not be hard, but Demolition man sure is lots of tricky short phrase, boooh !

Can't wait your Beautiful disaster vid =)
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...what's wrong with unknown bands? O_o

For me, an unknown artist (at least to me) is a way of being exposed to something new and (potentially) exciting, rather than being spoonfed the same braindead mainstream stuff all the time. Only people into pop music hate people they don't know just because they don't know 'em, as far as I'm aware.

If anything, the deciding factor for "Streamline Woman" would depend on whether people like the style of music. Strangely, I'm not much of a fan of southern rock but I actually liked how it all gelled together strangely enough, and it's just as fun to play, much unlike some of the more *known* tracks in the game ("Feel Good Inc" keeps coming to mind here O_o).

Looking at your back to back FCs, it shows your capabilities as a beast =D Once again you made them both sound easy, even though I clearly know "Good God" isn't, haha.

Also the reason why the vid got blocked was for your use of "Beautiful Disaster" as your intro music. I should know that because one of my old YT buddies had their videos similarly blocked from other countries for the use of the Gorillaz track "Dirty Harry" and instead of accepting it, he took everything down. Don't go down that road, please!

Anyway, keep beasting 'em out =D

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't really think i'd intentionally pester you over something like that, do you?! I'm not that kind of person. But if you know what I mean, some people don't know when they've had enough.

And I commented on the vid, but whatever: having a will to FC a crazy song in succession and such a small time period? Good god...you rock.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Too bad that you don't take Vox a bit more seriously.

But why would I take an instrument seriously when I don't have the time or real interest to do so? I've tried Vox a couple of times out of curiosity (mostly inspired by great Vox players like you ;P), just for a spur of the moment little fun challenge.. Anyway I actually don't take anything seriously in GH I just play to have fun, and right now getting new FCs on GH:SH is fun

Back on the current subject.. awesome job on the Good God & Demolition Man back to back FCs!! :O I'm sure those are challenging to FC all alone, so to get both right away must be insane! I still need to see the video (can't wait!), but I'm sure I'll love it!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:

Boss - Hehe, it's a great club! But IIRC, you have 400 Vox FC's, I have 400 Expert FC's counting everything I got on GH, ya?

correct, however, at least you have the skill to actually FC things on other instruments. i cant FC stuff to save my life on other instruments

EDIT: and congrats on 1000 thread posts , thats a club i want to join someday
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um well...will respond to the replies, as it's been long overdue and such. I've chosen not doing anything GH-related, because I didn't feel that there could be a song that could "click", just like "Sweating Bullets", "What I Got" and others clicked. Still, thank you all!

Sarah - WOWZA!!! You caught me by surprise again, ya? <3 It's been a long time, I did a lot here since we talked last time on AIM. Hope things are going well on your end! About becoming a vocal legend...we'll see soon enough.

Arvain - C'mon, "Demolition Man (Live)" can't be THAT hard. Remember: you were playing against the headset lag. It's much easier with an USB mic now! But yeah, the really small phrases like "Don't want it" and "Almost there" were dangerous.

Wooffus - What's wrong is that the elitists whine about inclusion of unknown bands instead of the inclusion of bands with songs that we already know that they'll be balls hard. It's been getting really childish.

About the weak blow on my vid, I knew it would happen, even though the album that "Beautiful Disaster" came from wasn't labeled by Sony, but was from a indie record label. Sony is just the 311's current record label. And, there was a discussion on the RB side about the same thing happening on vids with songs by bands that are Sony. They're all being blocked only in Germany. Look for the 2 latest pages of this thread.

Well, I didn't care that much, as I just have one German subscriber, and she pretty much checks my Final Fantasy X/X-2 vids (she subbed to me on my old account because of it); and it's an irony if I consider that I had 2 people posting negative comments from that country, back on my RB2 vids (I deleted comments from one of them).

Chaos - Nah, I was kidding Well, not so much about determination, but mostly about consistency. I had to be really consistent at the 2nd song for it to happen.

Lili - Ya know, it was a habit of speech. I mean, play Vocals nearly half as you play Guitar...or something Glad you enjoyed my vid, yet again.

Boss - Well, it depends. If I could, I'd borrow my standard controller skills to you for a while But man, you're so much better than me on Vox that it ain't even funny. "Salute Your Solution" FC? Full-Series FC? Wow, just wow. Also, congrats on the 1000th thread post, man!

I'll try to do something new, I promise, folks.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
boss1592  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude your an awesome vocalist, dont let anyone tell you different. GHWT is nuts to get a FGFC of
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boss - Thanks a lot! I always keep the WT FGFC in mind when I need.

Going from a really weak Sunday to an avassalator Monday. For now, things are equal between GH5 FC's and BH FC's, on a match that will last 'til the end of the week, hence the soccer allusion. LOL, I'm brazilian, what the heck do you expect from me? Anyway...

"Whip It" was another gimme from Band Hero. "2 Minutes to Midnight" was completely the opposite. Took a while to finally figure out the verses and the prechorus variations, just to get stuck in "To make a better kind of gun". After 3 chokes there, lost of focus due to having to stop every 5 minutes, I decided that I still should delay my dinner as much as I can and finally got this. 3 to go for my main goal, 70 GH5 FC's. Also, as much as I love this song AND Iron Maiden, I'm not replaying this song just for the 1st activation squeeze. NEVER. EVER. AGAIN.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Going from a really weak Sunday to an avassalator Monday. For now, things are equal between GH5 FC's and BH FC's, on a match that will last 'til the end of the week, hence the soccer allusion. LOL, I'm brazilian, what the heck do you expect from me? Anyway...

Uh...come again? The "scoring" I get, but other than that I literally have no idea what you're talking about.

It does hurt when you love a song and band but can't stand to play their songs. As i've said, loving the song and/or band can be a prime source of motivation, but little else makes you want to go for it, except your goal on its own. Such as...what was that song in GH Metallica? The guest act that, even though I love the song itself, its guitar chart drove me to absolute insanity? Oh, right, War Ensem-*shot* Not gonna go into a long ramble though, i've exaggerated about that fucking song enough.

Either way, you can be proud of it, for sure. What to hope for next?

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 67 of 92

Jump to: