Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never too late is hard as hell! I barely passed it on medium. Good luck in the Tussle, I'm sure you'll win

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying my best anyways, let's put it this way.
I'm sure I've got the GH5 Expert Vocals division in the bag, but on GH:WT, teddybear's freeforms are pretty much impossible to penetrate.
But at least something good came out of it - Good God global 1st
Are you in it as well, don't mind me asking?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job, 200 vox FCs is pretty damn impressive. keep it up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks boss; maybe one of these days I could reach 400, but we'll see
(And yes, I asked a very stupid question because sulfurus is currently rocking the expert drums division; I know you can do it too )

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
kire  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you just FGFC'd it didn't you?

epic!

Congrats if you did (I hope I didn't understand the Game over thing wwrong :P) and NTL SR FC... that's godly

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply time before update:

Kire: Yeah, apparently the #lavalamp guys got the news early =D Hang in tight for my thoughts on the last few FCs!

chaosfreak: Can't believe I missed you out again, lol.
Ozzy Osbourne may have a crazy voice to him, but depending on your pitch range, they can actually be very simple to sing in comparison to the skill required on other instruments. I find this comparison so dang amusing.

As for the Tool tracks, it's not so much the weirdness to sing, but they're so long and that you have to learn so much in order to pull them off successfully - think of it as some kind of rhapsody of musical ideas that you have to learn successively just to get to the end.

Also, I'm sure you can handle GHWT vocals just fine. Solids don't break combo like in the other games, so I am sure that you can do perfectly fine whenever you do decide to tackle it. Even Tidus succeeded, so I've got a lot of confidence for you

And now, it's update time. Yeah, Kire already spilt the beans on this one.

This web is spinning around me, the whole site is spinning inside of me,
Every song brought future to past, every FC brought me closer to my last!

...that sums it up, I guess.

---

Update: February 8th, 2010

Video Features:
Solo Vox: Done With Everything, Die For Nothing | Antisocial (YT | DM)
Co-Op: They Say (Guitar + Bass Dual FC)

A new set of videos for the start of the week. Course, it be kinda lulzy in that one of the videos had me screaming with very little voice, as indicated in an update back from the beginning of January; another video had the same track used in my first FBFC but it's Kyle, so we can't argue with that; and another one, like "Du Hast" before it, had me working with a language completely different to my mother tongue, though it's probably the closest to decent annunciations that we may ever get on YouTube at this rate

GH:WT Progress Report: With 11 tracks left, it was time for me to pull off as many of the stops as I could. And this is how it all turned out.

There were a load of sightreads in this session, so I might as well mention which ones weren't: "Love Spreads" (one choke on the "ooh" part prior to the first chorus), "Nuvole E Lenzuola" (short 'tutto' part which I had no idea which pitches they were the first time around, haha) and the 2 Tool tracks.
"Schism" took roughly the same amount of time as "Parabola", so call it a simple one to learn. "Vicarious", on the other hand, was what I wanted to call my most frustrating FC of the day. So many different parts to learn, and on top of all that, my freeforming scores were just terrible. I'll get back at it eventually, hahaha.
But a bunch of FCs are a bunch of FCs, so there we go.

On that note, I am happy to say that I have the GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR EXPERT VOCALS FGFC!! Oh my God, I'm so happy!

And after some vocal reduxes not long after, including a new global 1st on "One Way or Another" and ultimately the global 1st on the entire Times Square gig (!!!), I'm currently the Wii 1st for this game too. Yep, I have a reputation to uplold

It was a tough past 4 weeks getting this one, not to mention that I had no confidence with the engine at all at the beginning, and it was even further pressed by facing an emotional breakdown pretty far into it; but I am so glad that there were still people out there cheering me on consistently. The support that I've had from the regulars like Tidus, werelord, kire and chaosfreak had been awesome throughout, so mad props there; even the support I've had from the big boys like dr00bles, Boss and Joe2010 had also been amazing as well, and even non-vocalists like lilirock and Sulfurus have also been great support throughout too.
If I leave out anyone, I'm sorry, but there's so many people to think of right now I don't even think I can name 'em all in one sitting.

And now, I leave my World Tour FGFC journey behind with 4 last banners:

...I still can't believe that "Never Too Late" was a sightread

Anyway, where to go next?
As I said last week, I have implied to tackle the Band Hero imports next. For now, I can do with a nice long break from it all for about 4 days, hopefully ready to get in the swing of things, and I will be glad to make a move on the DLC stuff at the same time.
The first DLC track that will be tackled will of course be "Harder to Breathe". And boy, this sounds like fun already

In unrelated news, Rebels Never Get Old didn't win the tussle (only 2nd place), but I managed to score 1st place on the Guitar Hero 5 Expert Vocals division (plus new global 1sts in all songs represented except "Gratitude", lol), and only 2nd place on the World Tour Expert Vocals division (but a new global 1st on "Good God" ); and give mad props to tour group buddy Sulfurus as well for winning both Expert Drum divisions. So incredible an experience!

Once again, a big thank you for all your support for the GHWT journey, and I hope that I will keep delivering and growing strong in the time that will follow. This Band Hero import journey is sounding sweet already, seriously!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on that FGFC! I know it's tough, and I'm glad I got my power back soon enough to see you get it. So...whats next?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Woof, knew you could do it

Now go for all DLC FCs! :P

GH6?

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NEVER TOO LATE SIGHTREAD FC WHAT THE FUCK. WT FGFC is really really good. I could maybe get it if Beat It didn't exist. Great job again!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it never gets old, congrats on the feat on GHWT, your third FGFC!

(Werelord: she'll go for DLC's, while she does the BH imports )

I'm still cringing in fear upon the "Never Too Late" sightread FC. I wasted like 2 hours on it! Well, I knew you'd make it anyway, yay! That's how great confidency works. I'm so happy for ya *hugs*

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
werelord  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
^

(Werelord: she'll go for DLC's, while she does the BH imports )

I'm still cringing in fear upon the "Never Too Late" sightread FC. I wasted like 2 hours on it! *

Wow never even noticed you got the SRFC. In response to that...*jaw drops through the Earth and goes out the otherside* HOW'S THAT POSSIBLE!? And in DLC...BODHISATVA FC NAO!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WooooooooooOOoOOooOOoOo0oo0oooofus
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What else can be said? Amazing, that's what. It's never too late for a nice helping of FGFC.

And for Pull Me Under being the final song...well, I don't know about you, but i'm an avid Dream Theater fan, so I always like watching one of their songs get FC'd on anything.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 am; edited 1 time in total
arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooffus wrote:
If I leave out anyone, I'm sorry, but there's so many people to think of right now I don't even think I can name 'em all in one sitting

i guess so

also, good job about that fgfc !!

note : sightread is when you've never heard a song at all. mehwii...
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

arvain wrote:
note : sightread is when you've never heard a song at all. mehwii...

so technically, wouldn't it be called a heardread or something along those lines lol

once again nice fucking job woofus

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 11 of 49

Jump to: