ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
scoring explained (sort of)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malictus  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: scoring explained (sort of) Reply with quote

Here is a first attempt to figure out what is going on in terms of scoring in DJ Hero. This is all based on my version of DJ Hero (Wii), but I imagine the other versions are identical. Please reply with any additions and corrections; thanks!

Points assume a *1 multiplier unless otherwise noted

Individual notes: 100 points each (or 200 and 300 for 2 and 3 note chords)
Moving the slider: 100 points
Keeping the slider in a position other than center: 80 points per beat
Turntable scratch (non-directional) - 100 per beat
Turntable scratch (directional) - 100 per arrow
Freestyle notes - 100 the first time used, and 100 more if used again with a different sound effect (first time only)

Effects knob - Varies by the speed in which you move the knob back and forth; the best I could get was around 150 per beat (at *2, since it's impossible to get below that when moving effects knob)

Multiplier - Goes no higher than *8, even if doing both a rewind and an effects knob section at the same time

Rewind - There are two rewinds - a 'full' rewind and a 'half' rewind. The full rewind rewinds considerably farther than the half rewind. It is theorized that initiating a rewind right after a downward turntable movement triggers the half rewind.

Glitches
- It is possible to miss a few notes and have less than a 100% combo due to 'anti-squeezing' in rewinds. This does not affect the combo meter.
- According to the score boards, it looks like there are other circumstances when the note count is further off from normal in a FC, but I haven't figured out why that is yet.
- Sometimes, a rewind does not trigger a *8 multiplier; no idea why.

Anything else?
AllHop3sLost123  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you that explained alot there is one more thing i want to ask.
Is it best to rewind right after a note so that you dont waste time or how does that work? Because you also get points even when there isnt notes there some times.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AllHop3sLost123 wrote:
Is it best to rewind right after a note so that you dont waste time or how does that work? Because you also get points even when there isnt notes there some times.

I don't know the answer to your question, but usually when you get points when there are no notes, it's because the crossfader is at one of the sides (i.e., not center).

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Re: scoring explained (sort of) Reply with quote

malictus wrote:

Rewind - There are two rewinds - a 'full' rewind and a 'half' rewind. The full rewind rewinds considerably farther than the half rewind. It is theorized that initiating a rewind right after a downward turntable movement triggers the half rewind.

Glitches
- It is possible to miss a few notes and have less than a 100% combo due to 'anti-squeezing' in rewinds. This does not affect the combo meter.
- According to the score boards, it looks like there are other circumstances when the note count is further off from normal in a FC, but I haven't figured out why that is yet.
- Sometimes, a rewind does not trigger a *8 multiplier; no idea why.

Anything else?

The half and full rewind are given based on the momentum of the platter when you spin it back. However if there was already a scratch input, it often bugs and gives you a half rewind no matter how hard you pulled it. From my experience the full rewind is approx 4 measures, same as a euphoria. However the first beat of a rewind has it's notes removed, so you get 1 beat less than 4 measures to re-play.

When you play a blue or green tap, if you rewind immediately (or move the platter much at all) it causes it to overscratch even when the button is not down. So be careful rewinding or moving the platter after these taps, give it some buffer room.

When you are in cross fade it gives you "combo credit" at intervals during the fade. If you fade out from center late, and in early, it can change your note count. Check out this vid for an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriQ0rVSqww

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: scoring explained (sort of) Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
Check out this vid for an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oriQ0rVSqww

Very helpful; thanks for the link!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Technique, Style, and Gameplay All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: