ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 5 FC Breakdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also kinda found Judith way easier than Brianstorm and Sultans of Swing. But eh, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'll see how my progress will be on these two songs. Brianstorm has pretty quick pitch changes, and Sultans has one of the worst charts in the game, if not the worst. Almost undiscernable pitches where there should be talkies. But I'll see how it goes. Maybe I can take back what I said.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
I also kinda found Judith way easier than Brianstorm and Sultans of Swing. But eh, maybe that's just me.

Anyway, I'll see how my progress will be on these two songs. Brianstorm has pretty quick pitch changes, and Sultans has one of the worst charts in the game, if not the worst. Almost undiscernable pitches where there should be talkies. But I'll see how it goes. Maybe I can take back what I said.

No, you're definitely right.

This list was put together largely based on intensity rating, which is a great start, but it definitely needs work. Now it's just a matter of the community refining it piece by piece!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I took a stab at this, completely disregarding the intensity ratings and instead judging based on my own experiences. I'm pretty happy with it, but everyone's strengths are different. I also started at the top with the hardest, to avoid "higher/lower" confusion. Curious to hear what you think!

83. Sympathy for the Devil– “Look at me, I’m Mick Jagger, and I’ll kind of sing all my songs!” His talk-singing style makes this one a real tough FC. Each verse is different, and at 80 phrases, there’s a lot to keep track of. Get ready to spend some quality time in practice mode. Problem is, you’ll finally master verse 4 only to find that you no longer remember verse 2. It’s a bitch like that. If you can remember the notes for each phrase, you might be okay, except for the weird scatting section near the end. I’m holding this over Superstition because it’s so much longer, which means so many more phrases need to be perfect.
82. Superstition – As expected, this song is a beast. Stevie Wonder had a blatant disrespect for future vocal rhythm video games by utilizing streak-busting improvisations throughout. In all seriousness, though, an incredible singer is bound to breed an incredibly tough FC. He straddles the line between major and minor sometimes, and the chart toggles between the two indiscriminately. In most phrases, there’s at least one held note that you can cling to for dear life, so let those be your saving grace. With most hard songs, the difficulty lies in figuring out what the game wants. With this one, even after you figure it out, it’s hard to execute. Good luck.
81. Play That Funky Music – This is one of the most underrated songs in terms of difficulty, in my opinion. A talky-singing style in the verses, a modulation, and a really difficult WTF ending make this one of the hardest in the game. Oh, and did I mention it’s 77 phrases?
80. Fame – The infamous 24 “Fame”s at the end, along with the “ribbit-e-bee-bop” section make this a real tough FC. There are also several spots where it’s hard to tell if the lower “Fame” is charted or if it’s the higher one. Sultans of Swing probably has more difficult phrases overall, but none of them are as tough as the scatting section of Fame.
79. Sultans of Swing – Arguably the worst chart in the game. Where do they get off pitching phrases like “He’s doing all right” or “They don’t give a damn”? He’s SPEAKING! Well, whatever, we’re stuck with it. Expect to spend a lot of time learning the oddities of this chart and then finding those random pitches in the middle of a run.
78. Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting) – This one’s definitely no cakewalk. Listening to the song repeatedly helps out a ton, but you’ll still need to be pretty precise with a lot of the phrases. And watch out for the very last phrase – it’s a ridiculous “Woo!” that has absolutely no business being pitched.
77. So Lonely – Two things make this song tricky. The first is the fact that the choruses are all charted differently. The second is the entire fucking ending.
76. Brianstorm – Rapidly changing notes with little room to breathe – not to mention an odd melody. Definitely one of the tougher FCs.
75. Sweating Bullets – No matter how much you listen to this song, you’ll still be cockslapped by it the first time you try to sing it. This is a very odd chart. The chorus melodies are never exactly what you expect, and the talkie sections have ridiculous random pitched notes. Not terribly difficult once you learn it, but it’s very off-putting.
74. 2 Minutes to Midnight – Bruce Dickinson is a confusing singer. He’s got great tone and a gorgeous range. But his vibrato is so wide that sometimes it’s hard to hear exactly what pitch he’s singing. Regardless, this is charted well and fun to sing. It’s a challenge because of some tricky variations on the choruses and the long phrase count (58), but not quite as hard as The Trooper was.
73. Under Pressure – The supposedly “hardest song” in the game is actually far from it. While the improvised sections are a bit weird to learn, nothing is really technically/executionally demanding. The back half of the song is incredibly melodic and logical, and the phrases are very long. It’s not a “gimme,” but definitely not a WTF fest like some others.
72. WannaBe in L.A. – Notes change rapidly, and some of the phrases are killer, especially the “Allen and Natasha” bit.
71. The Rock Show – This is genuinely challenging. Really fast note changes and nary a chance to breathe.
70. What I Got – I think this one is a bit easier than most people claim it to be. The scatting near the beginning is merely an emulation of the guitar part, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
69. Sowing Season (Yeah) – Verses are really tricky, and harmonies make it tough to figure out what the game wants you to sing.
68. Streamline Woman – This one is tricky. Phrases are short, especially in the verses, and notes jump all over the place. The choruses aren’t too bad, though.
67. Do You Feel Like We Do? – This song is fourteen minutes long, and the phrases aren’t the easiest in the world, either. You can probably sing half the song, fucking play TTFAF, and then come back and finish. Just don’t choke!
66. Wolf Like Me – The notes in the first verse are a bit different from the others, and the verses in general can be tricky, but the choruses and bridge aren’t too bad.
65. Jailbreak – Tricky verses. Watch out for the “You know it’s safer. Pray for me” section.
64. Lust for Life (Live) – Live songs are always tough, because you can’t always rely on a studio recording for reference, and because the singers are more likely to improvise. This song could have been worse, but there are some tricky moments, like the myriad “Lust for life” passes in the middle and the end.
63. Ring of Fire – Shouldn’t be that hard, but it is. Phrases are insanely short (some of them are one word), scoops are tricky and the “Ohh” section can be troublesome.
62. Maiden, Mother and Crone – As with every song by The Sword, this is really awkward to sing. I don’t think they really know what a “melody” is. Nonetheless, it’s way easier than Freya because the phrases are really long, and there are only 17 of them.\
61. Looks That Kill – The verses can be very tricky, and some notes may be charted a little oddly. Even if you know the song, it might take some restarts to nail it.
60. Medicate – Verses can be a bit troublesome, especially “Yes you were perfect” and “So this is perfect.”
59. L.A. – This song has an odd melody, so it may be tough to find some of the pitches
58. In the Meantime – The bridge can be a bit tricky, as can the verses, as it’s sometimes tough to hear what the singer is singing.
57. Blue Orchid – This whole song is made up of phrases that sound similar, but they’re all a little different. Ouch.
56. Judith – Not terribly difficult, save for the odd “Never Pray Never Stray” phrase, which seems to be charted slightly lower than it sounds.
55. Back Round – Lots of really sharp slides and some odd phrases, but nothing dramatically difficult.
54. American Girl – Verses can be tricky, and the “ah” fest in the end is broken up by some awkward “uh huh”s.
53. Lonely is the Night – Not sure why this is tiered so high – the lead-in notes to every phrase can be annoying, but nothing’s really that hard here.
52. Why Bother? – Phrases are a little quick, so stay focused, but if you know the tune you should be fine.
51. A-Punk – The lower-register parts might be a bit tricky for some. Watch out for “but the other half’s at the bottom of the sea.”
50. Make It Wit Chu – Kind of low and mumbly, but if you learn it well enough you shouldn’t have too much trouble.
49. We're An American Band – Verses may be a bit tricky, but after the second chorus it’s pretty much an auto-FC (just watch the “ooh”s).
48. The Spirit of Radio – For a live Rush song, this is pretty darn easy. Just don’t choke on the last “of salesmen” and you should be fine.
47. All the Pretty Faces – Not hard if you’re very familiar with the song. As a side note, this is a lot of fun to sing.
46. Sneak Out – Phrases are a little tricky, but, come on, there’s only 15 of ‘em.
45. 20th Century Boy – Not as hard as you’d expect, actually. Phrases are long enough that “Excellent”s aren’t usually a problem.
44. Send a Little Love Token – A few phrases stick out here and there, so don’t lose focus.
43. Six Days A Week – This song isn’t too tricky; it all hovers around the same note.
42. Woman from Tokyo ('99 remix) – This song is long, but not terribly hard – especially the section in the middle with the really long phrases.
41. Plug in Baby – This is not too difficult. Lots of the phrases are laughably long, and the ones that aren’t are not tricky to hit.
40. Bleed American – The ending may trip some people up, but this one isn’t too terrible.
39. Only Happy When It Rains – The deep slides can cause some problems, but in general, this isn’t that bad.
38. Dancing With Myself – Thank the Lord they didn’t use the extended version. This song is annoying to sing, but squeezing out “Excellent”s is pretty manageable.
37. You Give Love a Bad Name – Bon Jovi songs are always so melodic that they’re never that hard. Just be aware of the “a bad name” after the first chorus – it’s a little funky.
36. Cigarettes, Wedding Bands – A bit of an unconventional melody, and some of the words have weird jumps or slides. But choruses are fairly standard.
35. Bullet With Butterfly Wings – Breathing might a problem towards the end of the song. Not the easiest melodies in the world, but nothing too terrible.
34. Lithium (Live) – The “yeah”s are a bit different from the studio version and the “crack” halfway through the song is oddly pitched (it’s pitched correctly; Kurt just sang some strange notes).
33. Runnin’ Down A Dream - The verses might take a bit of practice. But the “Ooh woo”s at the end are pretty easy.
32. Incinerate – This song is harder than people give it credit for. The phrases in the chorus are very short and the lengths of the hitboxes change each time.
31. Feel Good Inc. – This one starts right away, and the “Feel good” phrases can trip you up since they’re so short. Lots of talkies make this manageable, but some pitched phrases here and there can trip you up. Breathing can be an issue too.
30. Ex-Girlfriend – Lots of talkies here. There are really only a few sections that require some focus, including one odd “But I shoulda thought of that before we kissed.” Nothing too bad, though.
29. Never Miss A Beat – Repetitive as all hell, but the phrases are short and the chorus can be a bit tricky.
28. In My Place – The chorus phrases are long and steady. The ending might trip some people up, but this isn’t so bad.
27. Sex On Fire – Phrases are short, but repetitive, and choruses give you plenty of space to nail the “Excellent”.
26. Comedown – Not really tricky outside of the “Why do you” section, which can cause some problems.
25. Blue Day – Lots of half-step intervals can be tricky, but the chorus phrases are super-long.
24. You and Me – These types of songs are never that hard to sing – melodic and predictable.
23. Shout It Out Loud – Just remain cognizant of the “You got to have a party!” phrase in the middle of the breakdown.
21. Steady, As She Goes – Nothing really noteworthy about this one – learn the song and you’ll have no problems.
21. Gamma Ray – Short and sweet.
20. Kryptonite – Learn the song well, and you’ll be fine. Just watch out for some of the stranger phrases in the verse.
19. Smells Like Teen Spirit – There’s really nothing tricky about this song. Besides, everyone and their dog has known this song since they were 5.
18. Hurts So Good – Good old-fashioned laid back rock and roll. Should be an easy FC.
17. Seven – Lots of long melodic phrases.
16. Deadbolt – Again, if you know this song, it’s a pretty easy FC. Just watch the “hillside” phrase.
15. Nearly Lost You – Phrases at the end are a bit different from previous choruses, but besides that, this isn’t too bad.
14. Disconnected – Nothing troubling with this one – melodic phrases that are decently long.
13. Hungry Like the Wolf – This song is incredibly repetitive, and the phrases are sufficiently long. Can be kind of a marathon, though.
12. Song 2 – This song is charted very oddly, making it a bit tougher than it should be. Watch out for the “Please to meet ya” phrases, in particular.
11. All Along the Watchtower – The phrases are all similar, which is kind of good, except sometimes “similar” can be more of a problem than a help. Watch out for minor variations among phrases!
10. No One to Depend On – Like 21st Century Schizoid Man, this song has a relatively low phrase count and they’re all repetitive, broken up by a large instrumental break. But this one’s a bit tougher because the phrases are shorter and there are more of them.
9. Mirror people – If you’re familiar with this song, you shouldn’t have much trouble with it. The only things to consider are the descending slides on phrases like “head spins around.”
8. 21st Century Schizoid Man – This song has the fewest phrases of any on-disc song (12), and they really aren’t difficult. Only concern is chokability – those last few phrases are after the massive instrumental breakdown.
7. They Say – So much of the song is the same pitch, and when the pitches do change, they’re still not difficult.
6. Demon(s) – Mostly talkies, but a few of the pitched phrases at the end can bit a little tricky if you’re not familiar with the song. Still, nothing troubling.
5. One Big Holiday – Only 21 phrases, and most of them are long and repetitive. If you’ve never heard the song, you might get a few “Solids,” but there’s nothing difficult here.
4. Du Hast – Mostly talkies, and the pitched phrases are long and simple.
3. Bring the Noise 20XX – All talkies, although it’s at least possible to miss if you try and breathe during a really short phrase.
2. Done With Everything, Die For Nothing – Also all talkies, albeit more of them. I suppose you could miss the FC if you get bored and yawn.
1. Gratitude – Shortest of the all-talkies makes this insta-easiest.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice breakdown, man!

It seems our opinions are coincide each other on the hardest stuff and the easiest stuff (aside Demon(s), but of course, our lineages may vary). But I may take back the rest, because I haven't finish sightreading the whole game

P.S.: Could The Rock Show be considered the "Stone Cold Crazy" of GH5 or is it just me? That shit is crazy and severely undertiered in the game.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Could The Rock Show be considered the "Stone Cold Crazy" of GH5 or is it just me? That shit is crazy and severely undertiered in the game.

I don't think it's quite as hard as SCC. But in terms of style, absolutely. Although I think Brianstorm fits that bill more perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump for some more breakdown changes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
VeryMetalChewie  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Smells Like Teen Spirit – There’s really nothing tricky about this song. Besides, everyone and their dog has known this song since they were 5. "

Droobles shows my age - that song wasn't released till I was 15
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VeryMetalChewie wrote:
"Smells Like Teen Spirit – There’s really nothing tricky about this song. Besides, everyone and their dog has known this song since they were 5. "

Droobles shows my age - that song wasn't released till I was 15

Ha. I thought I was one of the older ones around here...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: