ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Noisia, by Groundhog - Expert 100% Perfect (Real?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SethSquall  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Noisia, by Groundhog - Expert 100% Perfect (Real?) Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxbcuInzTDc

Is this for real?

Ps first post hi!
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Welcome SethSquall! I think i've seen you on Youtube somewhere >_>

2. TOTALLY fake, she is using the Auto Crossfade cheat and possibly the other cheats. If you look closely, as the player is rewinding, the crossfader GOES with the rewind, if the cheat was off, the crossfader would just stay put where the player left it, PROMPTING them to have to put it to the exact spot after the rewind was finished.

As for the other cheats, i can't really tell, i am in the computer lab of my college so i can't really put up the volume to tell. But even with THAT cheat on, i call fake.

oh, and the person also posted an FC of Rockit...probably fake as well ¬_¬

3. There are videos starting to pop up around Youtube that "show" that people have FC'd it, but in reality there is no "sound" proof of it being done, they only input the four cheats (Auto Tap, Auto Crossfade, Auto Euphoria, and Auto Rewind) or the first two listed to make people "think" that they actually did the FC.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely seems fake. I mean, who crossfades during the rewind? Btw, does crossfading during the rewind give you points? Just curious.

I think the best proof is pretty much the console leaderboard. If their score is on it, then they probably didn't use the in game cheats. Who's not to say they didn't use an external controller mod, but that's something else entirely. If there excuse is, "oh, but I don't have XBL." then you lost some good proof there. If they have a ps3, they got no excuse, online is free. "But I don't have internet" How'd you upload your vid then? "my friend recorded and uploaded it." Then why don't you play your ps3 at your friends house? "I can't do it again!".....mmm hmmm. Now if they have a wii...does wii have leaderboards? If so, same as ps3. Hands vids are nice, but aren't the ultimate proof. With good practice, one can fake those too.

I back all my scores up with the xbl leaderboard. If you don't believe a score, you can check it there. If my scorehero score isn't on the xbl leaderboard, then it's probably because my xbl score is actually higher than my scorehero score, lol. That's all the proof I have. I don't wish to ruin my credibility by posting fake scores.

For those who use hyperspeed though. They'll probably do things like fade out early/in late. Press buttons early. Fast effect knob turning. Things like that just a few times in the beginning to show that they are playing.

Remember, proof is only as good as the credibility of the player.
CaseyDDR  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubis, I crossfade constantly to keep beat. You should try it, your scores will probably be higher on the harder songs.
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaseyDDR wrote:
Anubis, I crossfade constantly to keep beat. You should try it, your scores will probably be higher on the harder songs.

What do you mean by cross fade constantly??

btw ~ I think the best method of proof is track record. A player who fc's a hard song will likely have had several scores close to FC leading up to the FC. As well as other songs fc'd which are easier. I mean, who comes in and fc's ttfaf before closer? Who stops EVERY TIME they play ttfaf without a fc?

Track record, that's what I go by. Up and coming stars as well as established players will always be trying for these really hard fc's and high high scores... but they don't quit every time they don't get it perfect. Even I don't do that >_< lol.

For this vid specifically: The two things that tell me it's fake most are 1) no controller noises. Cross fading, especially during spikes, is louder than the TV. This isn't a capture card, so there should be controller noise. And 2) so many half rewinds.. any good dj hero player is gonna have noticed that you can get a lot more out of a rewind if you do a full rewind instead of a half rewind. So many half rewinds makes me feel this player doesn't have the experience with the game to even fake a good score.

Now that allhopeslost guy knew how to fake a score. He even knew to hide behind the hyperdeck cheat for having no scores uploaded. If he wouldn't have went straight for B&P and Lee Majors he could have even gotten away with it lol.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now that allhopeslost guy knew how to fake a score. He even knew to hide behind the hyperdeck cheat for having no scores uploaded. If he wouldn't have went straight for B&P and Lee Majors he could have even gotten away with it lol."

LMAO man, truth!!!! Just what I was thinking.... rooowww shaggy....

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, the user took down the video...

...in fact, she took down ALL of her DJ and Guitar Hero videos...apparently.

...i guess posting the video here made all of us check it out, and besides, we probably won't see a true FC of that song for at least a couple more months, it's going to be a race to see who FC's Groundhog (and the other hard songs) first

Last edited by maxninja114 on Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
CaseyDDR  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
By the way, the user took down the video...

...i guess posting the video here made all of us check it out, and besides, we probably won't see a true FC of that song for at least a couple more months, it's going to be a race to see who FC's Groundhog (and the other hard songs) first

I can't STAND those songs, so boring.
AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
we probably won't see a true FC of that song for at least a couple more months, it's going to be a race to see who FC's Groundhog (and the other hard songs) first

Oh yeah? I'mma do it tomorrow!
...maybe.

btw, if I don't use rewinds on my FC run, the score may not be high enough to beat my xbl leaderboard score and thus I lose my only major proof other than a stat screen pic. For this monumental achievement, would you guys absolutely want vid proof?

I sort of have a means of video, but I don't like recording myself playing. I like to just play a song and see what happens. Playing while recording makes it seem like I have to perform super awesome or it won't be worth recording. Plus, there is SOOOO much background noise in my house where I play. Old people blasting the tv, people talking loudly. Ugh. I'll try though. I would like to put up a vid of my boom/tap path. Let people copy it and beat my score...hmmm, maybe not. =)
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, without rewinds, we'd have prolly had a fgfc of this by now.

I'm pretty sure mechanical would have done rockit a LONG ass time ago, and groundhog only has a few more trouble spots than it...

But with 60%+ of a score coming from rewinds, making us play everything twice for a "good" fc, of course also the bugs involved... yeah might take a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

I thought some trickery must have been afoot.....

I did leave a comment asking why I couldn't hear the controller. But I never got a response and I don't think she approved the comment.

@maxninja114

Yeah I have like five videos up of easy FC's on RB and GH. And one or two DJ hero 5S runs. But they're nothing big! Plus they're recorded with a capture card so you can see/hear me playing anyway. I mainly upload them to show friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: