Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with all the previous posts. Truely impressive vocalist, who can certainly FSFC very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the video...

That was awesome. Biggest reaction from you that we've seen? But when you have Country songs at your whelm, you know they're gonna be at least difficult.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet jesus, more replies before I make the update:

boss: No, I haven't tried "Salute Your Solution" just yet, but I do plan to within the next month at least. Jack White has one heck of a set of pipes.

Joe: Hah, I suppose it could be interpreted that way. But I still think warbles are much more evil to hit than short phrases in my honest opinion. They're more of a game of luck with me than anything else, and most of my longest-to-hit FCs are due to those aforementioned warbles (ha, "Superstition" is coming back to mind... >.>).

werelord: Will queue it up. Not familiar with the band though, but then again, some of my best sightreads *did* come from unfamiliar groups, so there we go.

Tidus: Why Ticks was so hard? Let me fetch it here.
A) Verse AND chorus variations, which means having to memorise all the subtle differences all at once.
B) Evil stepped pitch lines. As you know, I'm never all that coherent at them.
C) Two short phrases that are so simple to choke on - "to take you home" in the second bridge, and "I want to kiss you baby" in the outro.

Eh, you'll see why it's so hard when you see the video.

Sulfurus: It'll still be a long time before I make the FSFC. No idea when I'd do "Mr. Roboto" and the three Disney representations, not to mention that when I do Van Halen, I'm hopefully getting that one cheap. But thanks

chaosfreak: Lol yeah, I would've guessed that songs with a country influence are actually tough cookies to nail. I think it was echoed earlier today with "Picture to Burn" amongst my FCs nailed - definitely not as hard though, but still very tough for its tier.
Would I call my reaction for "Ticks" the biggest I'd given? I think it's not quite as over-the-top as "Superstition" though, but I think it comes close.

Thanks again to everyone that came around

And now, this is time when I make my update. Be sure to check my first post for all my new FCs!
In fact, you may find some/most/all of them to be a little bit frightening.
But rest assured, I quickly got them out of the way with expert timing.

---

Update: February 26th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Back Round (Solo Vox) | Demon(s) (Bass+Guitar 5* Run)
DLC: Ticks (YT | DM)
BH Import: Y.M.C.A.

So I WAS intending to continue chronologically in the GH5 uploads via "Wolf Like Me" today, but my dictaphone recording was *really* messed up, so I gotta redo that somehow. Anyway, "Back Round" was fun to do for me, even though I found it relatively simple to get down.
Kyle and I played together several points in the last week too, and our run on "Demon(s)" inversed our fortunes entirely - *my* bass FC, and the percentages on both instruments completely *mirrored* what happened with "I Am the Arsonist" from last week. Creepy stuff, huh?
And as I mentioned back on Wednesday, "Ticks" frustrated the hell out of me. And no, werelord - challenging (e.g. "2 Minutes to Midnight") and frustrating (e.g. "The Rock Show" >.>) are not the same. I'm still glad I got this take on film tho.
Finally, the Band Hero import of the night takes us to something fun and camp. Short phrases aside, you can't help but *smile* when "YMCA" comes in full swing. I'm kinda happy with my path too for the most part.

BH Import Progress Report: Continuing to be on a roll, I thought I'd make my way through a bunch more FCs. And like last time, there's 10 of them!

Let's run through the lot here and now.
"Hang Me Up to Dry" actually seemed a little tricky to learn in spite of it being tier 1, though I understand its placement there in comparison to the rest of the songs. I still think it's nowhere near as simple as "One Big Holiday" tho, but oh well. Still got it on my first try.
"Picture to Burn" and "Love Story", the two Taylor Swift representations in this update, were both a case of getting those iron lungs into shape. And as far as I know, the former is definitely the harder song, if only because of the evil short stepped slides in the chorus lines. Bring on the last one soon enough, I guess.
"Oh Pretty Woman" was also done in one take, much to my own surprise. I thought I'd struggle after having not heard it in so long.
"Hands Down" was really a case of learning the ending and being coherent at it, but in the end I managed to score it in the original octaves, right down to the lowest note that I can physically hit.
"Fascination" and its outro warble ended up being fun and challenging. Had several chokes on that tricky part though, but once I managed to learn it better, it all was second fiddle to the rest of the song. Love it ^^
"Honky Tonk Women" is extremely overtierred IMO. Does it seriously have the lowest phrase count in all the Band Hero songs? And even at that, this was easy to nail after getting some practice in.
"Naive" had some tricky verses and an awkward event during the FC - during the outro, I ended up facing issues with a certain phrase and paused just as I got past it, thinking I got a 'solid' rating. But when I saw it turned out to be an 'excellent', I decided to continue on. Maybe I should keep this take for the lulz.
Also to my surprise, "Wannabe" was done in TWO TRIES. The dangerous "and likes it on a" phrase was a pain to get around while initially learning the break, and in the resulting FC I've had to go as far as eating the mic again (!), but I'm glad that I flied past after getting it down.
And finally, the big one - "Kung Fu Fighting". That took me half an hour to get down, and the dangerous spots for me were clearly the verses, particularly the second one. I wouldn't call the FC to be gained as "fast as lightning" - in fact, I predict that dr00bles got it quicker than me, again - but I'm still happy with how it turned out.

tl, dr: 10 more songs destroyed!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...more like, that must've been *every* bit frightening. I think I scared everyone away

Regardless, managed to update my scores this afternoon, including fully padding out the GH:SH import pack!
Plus, if you look within the GH:WT DLC section, you'll be able to see a certain Steely Dan track I plan to do for the next DLC recording...!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scared us away? I don't think so. I personally was away from the interwebs 'til short time ago.

Anyway, about time I can see your DLC/import scores! Those are really awesome. And I must say again, that was one hell of a reaction on your vid!

But...back on the LB's...I just saw some of the comments for your BH imports' scores, and wanted to understand, but couldn't. What's that thing about?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THOSE KICKS WERE FAST AS LIGHTNING!

I also notice two Taylor Swift FCs, aye? Love Story tends to give my throat a kicker. How often do you get breathing problems?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of quick replies before I go some place:

Tidus: I believe I told you about my comments regarding scores through private messaging last night. But I'll echo it here - I am convinced that the Wii leaderboards were hacked, which all started with me trying to refine my "Gasoline" path, but to no avail.
Also, how the hell is someone able to get 200k on "Santa Monica"? Not a clue, but something is definitely not right. Cubs thinks it's because of the custom movement, but how can you make vocal customs anyway? Am I missing something?

chaosfreak: Yeah, the Taylor Swift songs really trained my lungs hard, as well as "ABC" XD
I found it best to breathe at the end of phrases that I know that I wouldn't screw up on, which meant having to do some careful planning on where to do just that.
And to think that the Taylor Swift songs took a combined total of 2 hours (including the final one from today!), that pretty much says something about how I've had to plan where to breathe and keep everything under control. It takes some getting used to, but once you know what you're doing, you're fine.

Thanks again you two

And now, for today's update. Once again I've got a mammothload of FCs ready for you to gander at.
So, follow me follow me follow me, down down down down, til you see all my dreams... come closer to reality? Seriously?!

Yeah. Apparently not everything in my BH Import plight is quite what it seems.

---

Update: March 1st 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Demon(s) | Wolf Like Me
DLC: Bodhisattva (YT | DM)
BH Import: Santa Monica

Finally I got "Wolf Like Me" re-recorded and good to go, while throwing in a bunch of Pink Monkey impersonating madness with my initial "Demon(s)" FC as well. One FC remains more confusing than the other, while the other remains more strainful to do in online quickplay sessions with people who can't even play O.o
"Bodhisattva", as Cubs requested earlier, has pretty much all my thoughts regarding it in the tailend of the vid itself. Fun song, but still painful to annunciate right given the phrase lengths.
And "Santa Monica" was another painful FC but for the reason of failing to know the verse and chorus variants at the right time. I got there in the end though, and true to what happened in the middle of the FC attempts, I got in that co-op game in the end

BH Import Progress Report: For the third week in a row, a total of 10 FCs have been fleshed out completely. Here's to it all:

Let me go through 'em one by one again.
"The Adventure" was a case of learning the song thoroughly before attempting it, not to mention getting past the long intro. Strangely, this one was ultimately done in one take when doing it for real.
"Bring Me to Life" was done in 2, the first one obviously being bitten by Paul McCoy's second set of lines. I wasn't happy with the take though - I should redo the video in the future.
"I Want You to Want Me" was also a similar case of learning how the song goes. Helped that the song could be repetitive in parts too, even though ultimately this was done in 3 takes. Yipe.
"Take a Picture" was bothersome primarily due to length more than anything. For me, as long as I was able to get past the second verse, it was pretty much game over. 3 takes again.
"Every Rose Has its Thorn", in spite of it being slower and more coherent than the other Poison entry "Nothin' But a Good Time", actually can kick me hard if I attempt it without octave shifting (which is what I ultimately did). But I got there - just needed to have the bowels to tackle that one properly.
"Pictures of You" had some of the stupidest chokes I have, particulary with the ending, but other than that it was another easy one nailed.
"You Belong with Me" was clearly the most bothersome of the day for me, if only it's because it's more Taylor freakin' Swift. But the notes are easy to learn - you just really need to learn where to breathe for the most part. And for me, I still think "Picture to Burn" is the harder song of the three - call it a different opinion altogether.
"You Had Me" was fun to do, if only to fill in all the blanks that were censored out The most painful part had to be the break between the second and third choruses - more strict phrases and issues on knowing exactly where to breathe once more. Otherwise, still an awesome song.

And yes, "Kids". Let me fetch up how I approached this one:

It was hard to picture how to fit it perfectly to the song's choreography, since Robbie and Kylie pretty much sung more about their own experiences than some kind of coherent love story.
So what I did was made more of an homage to the cousin who offered the code to me. When she first got the game, the first thing she did was created a custom character named "Kiwi", which she used as her performance avatar. And it even put the "I like drummers baby" line in perspective as it's actually her favorite instrument to rock out to, so there we go.

Finally... "Turn Off the Light". Holy cow!
When I first tried it last night, I was surprised that my run only ended up with 2 solids, so I thought I'd get the FC surprisingly quickly considering it was part of the iron three. And indeed I did, because it only took me 10 MINUTES to get it down! No kidding!
At this rate, I'd see that track as the *easiest* of the iron three, much against what toymachine initially said on YT. Still a great challenge to get down, or so I hoped.

Anyway, it's new banner time:

So, there's 17 tracks left in the pack, and the iron three have all been taken down. Could this be game over already...?

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, how the fuck do you FC "Turn Off the Light" in 10 minutes??? How??? HOW?????? That's why I stand correct about me staying out of your league.

But hey, that's really awesome! Now you're good to finish the BH imports for real!

P.S.: Very nice "Kids" combination. Maybe I should share with you my own shot in Singalong Mode.

Edit: I can assure not only you, but other people who FC'd TOtL too: the amount of hacking involved in order to get that score of mine is ZERO. Good luck figuring out that path if you wanna!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tidus

Yeah, out of the entire iron three, "Turn Off the Light" was the easiest first run for me as I said in the OP. It's just a case of knowing how to control yourself more than anything else.

And yep, the Star Power path could easily be figured out. One of my activations went wrong in my FC scoring run, so it was a case of altering its timing.

So I had a go again, and here's my new score. If I see you tonight, maybe we could share our Star Power strategies

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a lucky day. I have class only on afternoon at Tuesdays, so I'll hopefully be back at 19:30 (my time) to see if I can catch ya at #lavalamp.

But...I guess I just gotta bask on this 1st on 360. By the way, the Taylor Swift trilogy FC is another great feat. The three songs together make a thing that's much more annoying than "Turn Off the Light". "Love Story" induced ragequit, while I just had to quit grinding the Nelly Furtado song because of fatigue. As you see, I really really dislike singing the Taylor Swift representations.

Last edited by tidus on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You liar...you said you weren't gonna make a move on Turn off the Light for a while I guess that while is up, so yeah. Cool stuff. Honestly, the way you're doing this, you make dr00bles look like a nub :P

Also, "Kids" FTW. How did you get that picture in the middle of playing?

On another note: why Wooffus no has more hits?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replies to the pair of you before a) this falls into page 2, and b) I return to the BH stuff tomorrow:

Tidus: Lol, I don't blame you for not finding much fun with the Taylor Swift songs. I blame it all on the fact that her songs can actually be tricky to learn and difficult to execute if you don't handle them with the godliest of cares XD It'll be no easy feat trying to repeat *them* in a hurry, that much is true.

I'm also glad I saw you and shared my path as well, so much thanks

chaosfreak: I believe when I said that I wouldn't approach "Turn Off the Light" for some time, it must've been roughly 2 weeks ago. How long were you estimating before I'd go for it?

Also, the picture was a still frame extracted from the video recording that I did on that run. A lot of video editing software allows for that, even Windows Movie Maker (which I never use anymore).

Still I'm not so much worried about the thread here but more like the ability to keep doing what I do. The reception for the DLC I've put up as of late has been awesome (even a rare positive comment from Airshock this morning O.o), and I'm glad I'm able to help people a lot on that front.

So yes, stay tuned til tomorrow for the surprises I'll cook up. Til then, here's to a preview of my next DLC FC recording

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping up with today's progress.
But in spite of a bunch of tough nuts out of the way, I wouldn't call it a casual walk through glorious sunshine but more like being washed down the Rio Grande without a lifejacket.

---

Update: March 5th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Incinerate (Solo Vox) | Plug In Baby (Guitar + Bass Dual FC)
DLC: Salute Your Solution (YT | DM)
BH Import: Turn Off the Light

Four new vids today, so let's go through them one by one.
"Incinerate" is clearly a redux and a way to try and prove a vocal performance in comparison to the other two. You'll see why.
"Plug In Baby" was finally cleared as the double FC, after all this time XD Thanks Kyle for being so patient!
"Salute Your Solution" is the big DLC run of the day, however do NOT expect me to annunciate a lot here. Seriously, I feel awkward that the run had already been up on YT for 5 minutes and someone randomly came in and sent an insult. Then it escalated on a continued rant that lasted for 9 more comments before I removed every trace of that conversation. (And before you cry "liar!", tidus was there. so ask him.)
I've had enough comments like that throughout the week and this had REALLY pushed me over the edge!
(On a lighter note, yay, a rare positive comment from Airshock on "Bodhisattva" )
Finally, there's to my run on "Turn Off the Light". Fiddly as hell it may be, but I find it to be the easiest of the iron three. Band Hero is almost a case of game over now... hopefully!

BH Import Progress Report: With 17 tracks left for the import pack FC, I was expecting today to be a cakewalk. But even with the iron three and all of Taylor Swift's songs out of the way, the whole day still turned out to have elements of strain in it. First of all, the new FCs!

The two tailends of this set are actually related to each other. With my dad taking a day off, he had to be there to endure me doing my voxing attempts at certain scenarios or other.
I had only just gone downstairs for a drink when he was there, criticising my performance on "Walking on Sunshine" (which was done all in one take!), thinking that I mumbled a lot. I was certain that I didn't mumble, but he kept insisting.
His words continued to linger on when I moved on to do "A Million Ways". There I attempted to put in more of a performance, but his words kept playing on my mind and I ended up with more unintentional solids than I thought, and it actually stressed me out. I think the FC scoring run had me sounding very defeated at the beginning too, but I do try to pick up.

Getting away from the drama, here's to the other FCs.
"Black Cat" - cheesy but fun song to sing, although I noted a strange glitch when taking up the first chorus into practice mode - it somehow didn't catch the last phrase in combo at all - came out as an N/A on the statistics screen, and the counter remained at 85% with a 6 note streak. I'll link it up in the FC vid when I get round to it, but for now I'd SO want to perform like that again - 80s bias!
"Happy Together" - expecting it to be a cakewalk since it's one of those songs that I was uber familiar with, but my terrible connections with the lower register had me with some weird verse issues on some of my failed attempts. Glad I got it in the end though, it's a family favorite out here.
"In a Big Country" - cheesy again, but very simple with little pitch variations. Got it in 2 takes.
"Rock Star" - The Band Hero equivalent to "Brianstorm" IMHO. The three "You think that you don't have to ever quit" are pure hell for me - very little margin for error, and there are subtle differences in all three forms. And in the FC scoring run, and potentially the ONLY one I will do, I completely forgot to drop the two F-bombs that were taken out. >.<
"Bad Reputation" - I can't EVER think of that song without thinking of Shrek singlehandedly fighting a hoard of knights, so it's *another* case of trying to keep a straight face while singing. One choke though and it was a clumsy "whoa no" line too, but other than that it was clean sailing.
"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" - again, low note syndrome meant a couple of unintentional solids before finally scoring the FC. Shame, the song's fun to listen to outside the game.
"Take What You Take" - An obscure choice for a Lily Allen song in the game, but my mom loves her; did it in one take too, and I hope to have it hosted closer to Mother's Day (i.e. next week).
"Rio" - Clumsy first verse choke before getting the FC. Other than that, it's another case of 80s bias!

No new banners, at least not yet.
And now, I leave this thread alone with the intention of trying to recover from all the strain given from all the jerks on YT as of late. Apparently in the past 72 hours I have been an insult to the Raconteurs, the French dialect and the Pokémon community.

STOP PRESS: Actually, I DO have a new banner to share, though it was what I was least expecting on a day like this:

Special thanks to Kire for the quickplay session that spawned it. You were great out there

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow woof, you're mere songs away from an import/full game FC. After you get all the imports, any chances you'll rent the game and FC the other 4 songs

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job as always, and you also seem to have all the hard songs down...why do you always save the easy ones for last? Get the import pack FCed NOW! plz?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 15 of 49

Jump to: