ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GhVh 5 star help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: GhVh 5 star help Reply with quote

Im no vocalist at all. But man Im trying to get the diamond in the rough achievement. Does anyone have any tips? Ive 5 starred alot by abusing the talky parts and freeforms, but since i cant sing, The ones without talky parts seem impossible. BTW the diamond in the rough achievement is to 5 star all VAN HALEN songs on XVOX. I might have half? Idk. Any help will do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrn2usestarpower

really, if you learn to use SP you can easilly get 5*s

if the song has FF's and you can do well on thm just use SP there
and oh, always activate like ont he last word of a phrase, unless the path says to reverse squeeze

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
lrn2usestarpower

and oh, always activate like ont he last word of a phrase, unless the path says to reverse squeeze

I cant hold a combo though =[

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
kire wrote:
lrn2usestarpower

There's really no trick outside of practice and learning the song. You can do it! 5* cutoffs arnt even that high...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:
kire wrote:
lrn2usestarpower

There's really no trick outside of practice and learning the song. You can do it! 5* cutoffs arnt even that high...

Well i feel like im singing it right, but it says im not. So i guess im not. Bleh. Does listening to the songs help?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
werelord wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:
kire wrote:
lrn2usestarpower

Well i feel like im singing it right, but it says im not. So i guess im not. Bleh. Does listening to the songs help?

Yes very much so. When do you ever see a GH vocalist have a SRFC? You don't because vocalists have to know the songs like the backs of their hands to accomplish the goal of FCing it. For now id recommend doing the other instrument's careers by then you'll have heard every song at least 3 times and should have a much better chance of 5*ing them on vox.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:
werelord wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:
kire wrote:
lrn2usestarpower

Yes very much so. When do you ever see a GH vocalist have a SRFC? You don't because vocalists have to know the songs like the backs of their hands to accomplish the goal of FCing it. For now id recommend doing the other instrument's careers by then you'll have heard every song at least 3 times and should have a much better chance of 5*ing them on vox.

Im only missing 3 achievements. 5 star vox, drums and x+, so ive played em alot. And still i cant sing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listen to other vocalists, it should give you a good notion on how to sing

Pieman on IRC wrote:
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
listen to other vocalists, it should give you a good notion on how to sing

There are only 3 ghvh songs on youtube. I want it all, icecream, and semi charmed. And only 1 of those is required for the achievement

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well practice makes peferect, so keep trying, and you might want switch octaves, like if you suck at one song at a lower octave, raise your octave, if you suck at one while you are singing one, just drop down one octave

Pieman on IRC wrote:
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it helps, I make videos frequently and love to continue to contribute references; and if I ever attempt VH, I'll add more to the roster

Kire and Werelord said it right with their advice most of the time - makes good tips for the vocalist that wants to get through it just right.
Another weird tip I can get from me is that sometimes, notes may not sound what they seem like - some may be charted to be a little flat (1 semitone down) or a little sharp (1 semitone up), which had it being shown for "Ice Cream Man".

Likewise, if you're struggling with trying to find a particular note in a phrase, then it always helps to take it into practice and find out exactly what note it is. Then when it sticks into memory, it's fresh to try it again. I often do that if some of my own FC attempts go wrong over a certain stumbling block.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
If it helps, I make videos frequently and love to continue to contribute references; and if I ever attempt VH, I'll add more to the roster

Kire and Werelord said it right with their advice most of the time - makes good tips for the vocalist that wants to get through it just right.
Another weird tip I can get from me is that sometimes, notes may not sound what they seem like - some may be charted to be a little flat (1 semitone down) or a little sharp (1 semitone up), which had it being shown for "Ice Cream Man".

Likewise, if you're struggling with trying to find a particular note in a phrase, then it always helps to take it into practice and find out exactly what note it is. Then when it sticks into memory, it's fresh to try it again. I often do that if some of my own FC attempts go wrong over a certain stumbling block.

lol i love this site and everyone on it. thanks
Also, thatd be great if u put up ghvh vids man. id appreciate it alot.

ps. im so sore, i just got home from The Fall of Troys last show =[
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: