SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
"Happy Together" - expecting it to be a cakewalk since it's one of those songs that I was uber familiar with, but my terrible connections with the lower register had me with some weird verse issues on some of my failed attempts. Glad I got it in the end though, it's a family favorite out here.
This was another one of those "oh that song" moments that I had no idea was even in the game.
"Rock Star" - The Band Hero equivalent to "Brianstorm" IMHO. The three "You think that you don't have to ever quit" are pure hell for me - very little margin for error, and there are subtle differences in all three forms. And in the FC scoring run, and potentially the ONLY one I will do, I completely forgot to drop the two F-bombs that were taken out. >.<
That doesn't sound cool, huh.
"Bad Reputation" - I can't EVER think of that song without thinking of Shrek singlehandedly fighting a hoard of knights, so it's *another* case of trying to keep a straight face while singing.
Me neither.
One choke though and it was a clumsy "whoa no" line too, but other than that it was clean sailing.
"Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" - again, low note syndrome meant a couple of unintentional solids before finally scoring the FC. Shame, the song's fun to listen to outside the game.
A song i've heard 4120793 times, but got only 3* on my first time playing it.
"Take What You Take" - An obscure choice for a Lily Allen song in the game, but my mom loves her; did it in one take too, and I hope to have it hosted closer to Mother's Day (i.e. next week).
When I sightread this song, I failed out pretty quickly.

No new banners, at least not yet.
And now, I leave this thread alone with the intention of trying to recover from all the strain given from all the jerks on YT as of late. Apparently in the past 72 hours I have been an insult to the Raconteurs, the French dialect and the Pokémon community.
lolwut? I did see that Salute Your Solution FC, though.

STOP PRESS: Actually, I DO have a new banner to share, though it was what I was least expecting on a day like this:

I remember that chart, yeah. I sightread FC'd it, but it's still a nice speed rush.

inb4 full imports FC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another whooping lot of FCs in one update. Ya know, I like it.

I'm really sorry about what happened on YT. Well, I'll always be on your defence, if you want. But don't let yourself be beaten by those nazi's, you > all of that shit. You're one of the most skilled GH vocalists in this goddamn world, and above all, a sweet person. I don't want to see you sad! Mr. Green

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O
I don't come to the GH side for a week and you do this?!?!?!
You, my friend, are a legend.

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replies before I return tomorrow:

FingerQuick: In regards to the four non-importables, I've been thinking about how to approach this one. There's no game rental store near me (aww), so I couldn't go in that direction.
However, this is something that all should see, so quick jump here:

I spoke with my aunt over the phone earlier today, and asked if I would borrow her daughter's Band Hero disc for this very task. Providing she remembers the details of the conversation, she should be able to provide the disc tomorrow morning, and I intend to try and get all four by the end of the day. I can only hope that it DOESN'T fall through.

*thinks of the thought of nailing "Like Whoa" and the other toughies* O.o

Werelord: Why do I save the easier tracks til last? It's namely because I have an uncanny habit of getting rid of the hard stuff without having to dwell on it later - it's a working habit that I've grown accustomed to in real life situations.
And yes, I'll make my way through to the last 7 (or 11) tracks as soon as I can

chaosfreak: Yeah, lolwut is true. In all three situations I've either been labelled as a freak with no life or being labelled as a "disgrace to xyz". I've not a clue if any of the other big vocalists got abuse like that in recent times, if at all; but I DO intend to make up for it big style with the next DLC upload (which has apparently come to Youtube early).
Thanks for sharing your experiences too XD

Tidus: As I keep saying earlier, where the hell will I be without you? I'm glad that you managed to be there earlier that night, even though it did result in erasing every trace of that convo.
I know I felt like crap as a result of the awkward venture, and confused over how the other skilled vocalists get away from such comments like that. But I'll try and move ahead from that - usually I respond back with some witty comment regarding how *they* have no life anyway, but apparently it might not have been the case.

Joe: Yep, apparently you missed a lot XD Expect a little more in the coming week at this rate, so thanks again.

A big thanks to all that provided feedback again, whether here or on YT =)

So like I said with the italic'd part above, I hope to go beyond the imports tomorrow, but we'll see. And be sure to keep your eyes peeled as I tackle the Third Eye Blind track pack too

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
*thinks of the thought of nailing "Like Whoa" and the other toughies* O.o

Nah, you'll have no trouble with that if you got Turn Off the Light. Congrats on all your recent FCs. I hope you get the imports FCed soon! I'll be keeping a close eye on this

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you're still taking DLC requests, I was looking through the DLC archive to think of one, and...how does Lonesome Road Blues by Joe Bonamassa sound to you? That one sounds fairly challenging, and fun, since it's blues. Gogo.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply time:

dr00bles: Thanks, but I still honestly thought that no matter what the song in question, the fickleness of the phrases are inversely proportional to the enjoyment behind the song. Honestly, I'd rather do "ABC" 20 times more than attempt to re-do "Wannabe" as an example, if only because of that ridiculous phrase in the middle.
Luckily, "Like Whoa" didn't turn out to be so bad, which you'll see not too long now.

chaosfreak: "Lonesome Road Blues" huh? I saw the guitar/bass/drums FC on elfson's YT channel, and hearing the vocals it doesn't sound so bad; the only hard part that I think I could sense is the warbling right at the end, and it'll be tougher than the usual when there's no timings for it either. But it *should* be a fun one to get down, so thanks for the suggestion

More importantly, I still pass my thanks to the people for the replies. Honestly, I felt like crap for most of the weekend, so to be able to interact with a lot of you over the weekend had made me feel good about myself again. I'll be on the lookout again if anyone ever blindly calls me an abomination to mankind again...!

What I *won't* be an abomination for is to my family, as this morning, I'd been looking for a lifeline. And I *got* that lifeline. What *is* that lifeline?

---

Update: March 8th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: One Big Holiday | Sweating Bullets
DLC: Can You Take Me (YT | DM)
BH Import: When I'm Gone

A brother, a father, and a cat. All three make little cameos in three of today's vids.
"One Big Holiday" introduces Timmy on backing vocals (sort of)
"Sweating Bullets", which shown in a re-done form here, still had me keeping the initial convo with my father sandwiched in my initial FC. I wanted to keep it for more lulz than it already had.
"Can You Take Me" marked my first foray into the Third Eye Blind track pack, and I actually had fun performing this one. Bring on "Never Let You Go", whenever I start attempting that.
And finally, "When I'm Gone" was fickle enough with short phrases in the chorus parts; the trickier aspect there was trying to sing quietly and not disturbing the snoozing party animals in the next room. It was still an awesome plight regardless.

BH Import Progress Report: I had no idea how the day would go down, so I started messing around with some imports pretty early on. Strangely though, I could only get two imports down (awww):

Course, "Take Back the City" was all done in one take. The more successful a song is out here, the better time I apparently have, apparently.
"Lifeline" - seen by many as the hardest guitar song - is what I believe on vocals to be a trickier "We're An American Band", all due to the subtle natural and sharp changes in the verses at certain points. That took a little longer to get down, but it's another one that I was glad that I got done.

While I was attempting "Lifeline" though, there was a knock on the door. A woman on the doorstep. A small coffee break and a discussion on how I could make my mom feel special on Mother's Day this Sunday. And then she left, leaving a box behind, with a disc inside.

Yes, the inevitable happened:

The chance to plow through the four non-exportables came!

Of course, my first 10 minutes were spent falling to temptation at doing "Love is a Battlefield" in party play, arranging a band, re-creating my own custom, re-adjusting the mic levels in the Audio Mixer to my liking, falling into uncontrollable laughter when like GH5 before it the mixer used a Duran Duran song for testing the levels (!!!)... and somehow forgetting to alter the band's *name*. Whoops!
Anyway, after a total of just over 2 hours, they all succombed to my feet:

Time to go through them one by one.

"So Yesterday" - when I attempted this one, it was then that I noticed that once more my C notes were completely screwing up. So for the FC scoring run, I had no choice but to put on what I called my "classical" voice just so I could keep combo. Katherine Jenkins meets Lizzie McGuire? Probably not *that* extreme, but it might be a weird indication.
"Mr. Roboto" - I didn't prepare myself very well for this one. It took longer than the other FCs, that much was true, and as I keep emphasizing, my biggest issues comes down to phrase lengths in the verses and learning the variations thereof. I still managed to put up as much of a show as I could - who wouldn't?
"Beautiful Soul" - A little octave shifting during the breakdown in the middle, but I managed to get there in spite of the strange combination of in-range and low-ish notes. I think Jesse McCartney's a slightly lower alto than I am if not a tenor, and probably a little more consistent too if it's the former.
"Like Whoa" - after the initial sightread from 2 weeks ago, this one finally fell with a vengeance after I finally got over the dreaded obstacles of short phrases and knowing exactly *what* note is the last one. Now I'm prepared whenever I do co-op with my cousin again, mwahaha.

And so, by the end of the day, I'm 5 tracks away from the FGFC. But I can't return due to the start of a brand new work week, and only when I leave the office on Thursday is when I start my plans on finally putting this game on ice. Watch this space!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
boss1592  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job, you'l have that BH FGFC in no time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a hardcore octave dropper (meaning a different reason), I also hate singing that kind of alto songs, much like I hate singing some tenor songs, for having to swapping octaves everytime. Well, you already know about my hardcore preference for mezzo-soprano/countertenor or baritone songs, so yeah.

Awesome job there with the BH exclusives! Looks like you didn't have to wait 'til September, huh? That homage looks really cool too. Well, to the technical part, "So Yesterday" (one of my least favorites on the disk) is definitely hard for Tier 3. "Mr. Roboto", as much as it's epic, I couldn't make a den on it, as in going for an FC. Also, hope you had fun with the rollercoaster on "Like Whoa"!

FGFC is so close...I can't wait! Hope you had a great March 8th, by the way.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May as well post before it comes.

Nice to see you're not feeling like crap. I don't even know how the drama even started like that.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, probably won't be long now. I'll reply to everyone before I make a move on the home stretch tomorrow.

boss: Yeah, I don't think there's anything that could throw me off now. Probably some of the short phrases in "The Impression That I Get", but other than that I think I'm ready. I won't let down anyone else in the BH FGFC club =)

tidus: Yeah, I kept on thinking that I surely won't have to wait that long to get the last few FCs - not to mention that I was approaching the last few on-disc in the current engine.
I had fun with these tracks alright, just wish that I wasn't so shaky on most of them. My control on the "rollercoaster" part of "Like Whoa" though didn't seem all that polished - went down alright but almost went up too fast (!). Still quirkily fun.
And no, I do not celebrate/never knew the existance of International Womens' Day if that's what you're getting at. I still had a great day though, but for entirely different reasons.

chaosfreak: I think I kind of got rubbed the wrong way. Sometimes I can laugh it off and call *them* a person with no life and instantly block, but sometimes there are also certain situations when I'd push people to try to do better than me because talk is cheap. And when they refuse and still insist that I'm in the wrong, that's where it starts to bubble over. Like I said, I'm surprised that neither dr00bles nor boss got comments like that, but I'm just happy it cooled off if only for a short time.

Regardless, thanks for the visits, and it won't be long now until I make my approach on the last 5 songs.
In the meantime, here's some new DLC coverage for you. (I know I forgot the f-bomb at the beginning, but who cares O_o)

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn...Women's Day isn't celebrated in every country. I knew that, but not that England took the axe.

I think I know which song you'll get as the last one. Anyway, I hear you about that rollercoaster. I can't seem to get the beginning of the slide up there

Looking forward to the final ones though!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's not that England took the axe - it's not so much widely recognised as an actual holiday out here. Oh well, nevermind.

In regards to the final FCs though, I've never had to knock on wood to pass by them, let's put it this way.

---

Update: March 12th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Runnin' Down a Dream
WT Import: Santeria
DLC: Panic Attack! (Vocals + Guitar 5* run)
BH Import: Put Your Records On (YT | DM)

Another epic four set of vids. Course, "Runnin' Down a Dream" was my first FC on that track, hence my frustration at the beginning (!!).
"Santeria" was a request I received from Werelord some time ago, in regards to the SH scoreboards for the WT import. Seriously, this song is just as simple here as it was in WT.
And before anyone asks, no, "Panic Attack!" has *nothing* to do with Dream Theater, so stop posing the question. It was a great run between me and Kyle though - just wish that I knew that there was an F-bomb in the beginning though.
And yes, I said it was going to be "Take What You Take" for the Mother's Day weekend but read the description over why I changed my mind. Yeah, I can be very respectful for my elders =)

BH Import Progress Report: I think the thread title's a dead giveaway, isn't it?

Time to go by the lot.
"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me", "Paralyzer" and "Our Lips are Sealed" were all done in one take, and yet they each had one or two silly phrase hiccups that could've almost been solids. But no worries, I'm glad they came through.
"Dirty Little Secret" had me forgetting the ending on one take but that was done quickly.
And of course, "The Impression That I Get" - chose to end it here because according to Wikipedia that's the last track on the second-to-last gig (probably the BH equivalent to "The Spirit of Radio"?), plus epic ska makes an epic ending. Short notes weren't *quite* as epic though, but still fun.

So yes, that went surprisingly quick, but that now has given me more than I intended for when I started the import journey. I have now achieved the BAND HERO EXPERT VOCALS FGFC!! This of course requires the banner for my success:

Four games completely taken down - who knew?

I find it ironic that with each new FGFC challenge I undertake, I face that little bit more drama every time. Not a clue how, but that's what I noted over the past four weeks. As a result, I believe I came out as a stronger person, and I owe it to everyone who managed to give me the nudge necessary when I've been feeling defeated inside. I was expecting Band Hero to be a tough game, though I had no idea *how* tough; still surprised that I swept it through in this record of time.
Major thanks to everyone that managed to come here and see my progress with that and the DLC, the company I've had through this no matter how small has been fantastic

And so, with four FGFCs under my belt, you may think I'd be taking an extended break from all this. I wish I could think the same, but you know how things go, particularly on the DLC front. I'm still hoping to deliver strongly there.

Alongside from that, I will also like to unleash my next vox project, which will begin next week. I have a week off work, so what else to do than to embrace for something potentially tougher...! Seriously, the only song in that game that I know all that well atm is "Ace of Spades" and that's it.
The fact that there's no Wii FC for "Stacked Actors" has me feeling awkward already, but if boss can FC "Stone Cold Crazy" on a Wii, then so could I, mwaha.

Once again, a major thanks for your support as I tackled Band Hero - I couldn't have got through it without all this encouragement amongst the vox community =D

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome job, band hero is crazy on vocals, but your one crazy vocalist. congrats
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O_O
O_O
Amazing job.
0_0

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 16 of 49

Jump to: