Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually knew that your final FC would be "The Impression That I Get", based on your very predictable pattern.

Anyway, another über-godly-amazing feat of yours. Who would knew that you'd pull off those Band Hero FC's (being 80% of the setlist at least not-so-easy FC's) in so little time?

Also, looking forward to the next project. And that was a hella cute pic. <3 Crash Bandicoot!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, not much I can say, except...awesomeness.

In addition, Wooffus can has coolness points from me for getting GH Metallica. Can't wait for that.

Wooffus wrote:
Seriously, the only song in that game that I know all that well atm is "Ace of Spades" and that's it.

Fair enough. But let's be honest here: How many of the songs in Band Hero, GHWT and GH5 had you never heard before in your life before you played them? A lot of them, I can bet on that. If werelord still wants the first Wii GHM FGFC, he better step on it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

umm... wut?

nice job Woof, how long did this take? 3 weeks? a month? DAYUM!

I insist on a GHVH FGFC next

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the FGFC...but with your plans for the next project my chances of first GHM Wii FGFC are dead...how long do I have before you get it? A week?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS!

Band Hero is so insanely difficult, so this is an outstanding achievement! In my mind, only GH:M is harder on Vocals.

What's next??

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dr00bles wrote:
Band Hero is so insanely difficult, so this is an outstanding achievement! In my mind, only GH:M is harder on Vocals.

I honestly think Metallica and Van Halen vs. Band Hero and GH5 is debatable. I know werelord finds the latter much harder, but to me, it honestly depends on the song i'm playing. For instance, if it's a fast song, I would probably do better in M/VH. However, there, it's difficult because you have no way of knowing how you're doing on a phrase, and even when it looks like you've hit every last bit of it, sometimes the game will give out Solids for seemingly no reason. In Metallica and Van Halen, I can at least figure out pitches easier.

But Wooffus, you'll have to play Metallica and tell us yourself. And please excuse me for doing this in your thread.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, no worries; I'd believe it when I get through it myself and state an opinion.
Anyway, quick replies to y'all:

boss: Yeah, Band Hero was freakin' insane in more ways than one. Not to mention it found me new loathing with short phrases and those with very little room to breathe (I'm looking at *you*, Taylor Swift). But yeah, thank you

Joe: Need anything else to pribe your eyes open? O_O Hah, thanks either way.

tidus: Yeah, you figured it out. I've got the knack for finishing a game on something epic, and that habit surely is never going to change at this rate.
And yeah, it's one way to look back at my youthful origins if I had to include Crash Thanks for all the support, even through the grimmest of times.

chaosfreak: Okay, let's do a body count.

---
First heard in WT: 69 including "Satch Boogie"
First heard in SH: 38 including "YYZ" (god that sounds embarassing)
First heard in GH5: 63 including the 2 instrumentals
First heard in BH: 46 (yeah, they may be top 40 hits in America but not out here for most of these)
---

But I still stand by what I say. Unfamiliairy means bad news, especially since most of the songs are so LONG to begin with. Thankfully none of them had phrase counts exceeding 100 like in BH, so it probably won't be too problematic. We'll see about it though.
As for Werelord getting the FGFC, he's 4 songs away, and I gave him a few tips for the ending for "Fight Fire with Fire" (which will be brought up further down the page). So I'm absolutely sure he'd get there before me.

FingerQuick: Van Halen can wait. If you want to do a band game, you're better doing it right and not under the stoner mind of a little kid (Wolfgang), picking acts that have had nothing to do with the band. Hence, the decision why Metallica is actually next in line.

werelord: I'm sure it would be longer than a week. I'm still in the process of learning the songs, and you've got used to them a lot more as well. With four songs left, I'm sure you've got it in the bag long before I can make a serious dent.

dr00bles: You saw what's next after what you saw with me and kire yesterday. :P But yes, thanks in regards to BH!

---

After all that, it all comes down to the next task. As I brought up, it will of course be an attempt to FGFC Guitar Hero Metallica.

In preparation for the task, I've been doing some bass sightreads in order to get used to the songs. I'd be needing it if anything needs to stick.

I've also tested the vox engine through practicing the ending for "Fight Fire with Fire" (thanks for the helpful vid Brian!), though it made me come to the conclusion that there's lag there in a similar level to WT.
So I've played around with the callibration settings, found a setting that I'm comfortable at without having to sing early, and messed around on one of the tracks that I covered on bass.

And this is where it took me. I forgot the freeform notation though, only got x4 on both >_> but who cares, first ever GHM XVox FC!

Happy with the settings I achieved, I'm ready for making a serious dent tomorrow

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bass sightreads, huh? This game has some tough Bass charts. Have fun with Fight Fire with Fire, Dyers' Eve and All Nightmare Long. When it comes to me holding the guitar in my hands, my excel usually relies on strummy songs. As I said before, I like a good speed rush.

And Frantic isn't too bad for a first FC; that one has some picky stuff, like the "You live it or lie it!" phrases.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inb4floodofGHMVoxFCs

I'm pretty sure you will overcome the lag and FC "Fight Fire With Fire"! You Wii folks are making me want to get a PS2 copy of it to see how far I can go!

Seriously, nice job on "Fran-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-TOCK" and good luck with the rest!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Bev. You rule the mic.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply time:

chaosfreak: Lol, never mind that lot: I got some serious beating with "Whiplash" and "Disposable Heroes" earlier today. The problem now is wondering if they'd stick as much as some of the other songs I'd done.

Tidus: Oh, I've definitely overcome the lag alright: adjusting the calibration settings to a coherent level is a valued asset. And I see you've gone after the PS2 version, though I can clearly understand why. I still think cubs can be right in regards to pitch detection on the PS3 =P

StormEagle: Thanks for the visit! I still feel awkwardly sorry over what happened earlier today though, but I'm glad we managed to put it all aside. You keep rocking the career circuits too

On this note, it's time to unleash my first set of Metallica FCs. Naturally I've drawn short straws in the past in regards to the FC order, but it just had to be taken more literally for day 1.

---

Update: March 15th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Fame
DLC: Losing a Whole Year (YT | DM)
BH Import: Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Metallica: For Whom the Bell Tolls

As I take the entire week off work, expect a lot more from me over the coming week than the usual, probably for all the wrong reasons (!!).
"Fame" was a redo to get rid of that drunken fluke, so I'm kind of lucky I managed to get by with that one. Still an insane song to pull off nevertheless.
From one dose of insanity to another, "Losing a Whole Year" is clearly the hardest out of the Third Eye Blind stuff, as I so (un)proudly demonstrate. Short phrases are EVIL, I swear.
Continuing on with the Band Hero stuff, I went with something nice and quick with "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", if only because the lulz from kire's recent FGFC on bass is still sticking in my mind XD
And right there and then, you'll also see my first GH:Metallica FC put on video. Sorry about the blanking out during the intro; sometimes my dazzle can be fiddly X_x but at least the run was spot on.

Now that we're looking at that, that was my first publicised vid in regards to that game. And it wasn't the only FC I scored today, as I go through a little handful of stuff I acquired:

Time to go through 'em all one by one.

"For Whom the Bell Tolls" - for the sake of the video, my goal was to get it all in one take. And I'm glad I did - very simple song to learn as far as I'm concerned.
"The Unforgiven" - 2 silly bridge chokes, but other than that it was still very sweet to get through. Down went the 2 intro tracks and in came my freedom of choice.
"Beautiful Mourning" - When I did the initial FC I screwed up my path so bad, so I ended up reduxing it sometime later. Not to mention that there's some point in the breakdown after the second chorus that almost made me think that there was a door opening downstairs, making me think almost on instinct that someone had returned home for a short time. Guess not. >_>
"Demon Cleaner" - Done in one take. Bad path though, but I managed to redo that one too.
"Enter Sandman" - Another one done in one take, and with freeforms to be proud of too. Fun song to sing too.
"Fade to Black" - Another bad path and another redux required. Glad I got it in the end.
"Armed and Ready" - So apparently I didn't get the 103k but I'll need to look for it later. It's still awesomely fun, if only because of it giving me room to express myself somehow. Took a few takes to get the FC, but who the hell cares.
"Frantic" - Redux from last night's quickplay test FC, complete with the x5 freeforms for once. Still a bad path in places, whilch I will need to investigate soon enough.
"The Shortest Straw" - Overtierred IMHO, but was still a challenge to get the optimal down.

So I'd call it quite the warm up for today, and with that I'll be sure to link all corresponding banners to match my early successes:

I'd call it an epic start to the game, though goodness knows how I'd go about the following few days. Fingers crossed!

On another note, I'd been feeling kind of subdued not long after that. I've known that Kyle (False Hope), whom you've seen in co-op runs I've linked here, hadn't appeared online for a couple of weeks; ultimately, it turned out that he traded in his Wii for an X360, for the sole reason of wanting to play Final Fantasy XIII. This ultimately means that we are no longer able to play together anymore, and that disappointed me because he's really good and one of few coherent expert players I know around here, not to mention a great co-op buddy from even the GH:SH days.
I've managed to salvage a run on "Deadbolt" as a potential swansong; may be able to dig up a run for "The Beautiful People" if I can find any, but we'll see what happens.

An awkward note to end on, that much may be true, but it had to be expressed. I'm lucky Kire's around as a great partner, though I don't think he'd appreciate a quickplay session caught on film as much. But yeah, it just kind of hit me hard.

Anyway, that leaves it for this current update. Only God knows where I can even find the strength to plow on tomorrow.

(This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...No one saw the update. After all that.

You all left me with a stone cold heart; I didn't have to resort to this in an update, but I'm gonna have to, aren't I?

---

Update: 16th March 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Bullet with Butterfly Wings | Cigarettes, Wedding Bands
BH Import: Honky Tonk Women
Metallica: Armed and Ready (YT | DM)

Still feeling awkwardly subdued, but I plowed on anyway.
Today's GH5 FC runs come from the intensity 4 level. Still unsure about how my dictaphone was once again all muffled when approaching the latter, but no worries.
"Honky Tonk Women" kinda has some lulz: "I met a gin soaked bar queen queen in memphis"? Don't ask. >_> Awesome run though, surprised me that this done in one take.
And then comes the first run on a guest act song on Metallica, and a fun one to boot. Fits so comfortably in my vocal range it's untrue, so there we go.

GH:M Progress Report: Well, no one seemed impressed with yesterday's plight, so I thought I might as well be what I could do and REALLY show what I'm capable of. FCs at hand!

Time for my thoughts one by one again.

"King Nothing" - done in one take again. The break was a little fiddly when practicing it though, but I'm glad it co-operated, both for that run and a redo for efficiency. Man, I wish I know exactly *what* Taozack did to get 189k... O.o
"Mommy's Little Monster" - All done in original pitches, which is fair to say for someone like me, where those pitches aren't very comfortable with my bowel voice. But there we go.
"Am I Evil" - A new global 1st! Course, I bet this would be taken away from me in about a week or two, but that had to be one monster of a track to learn. It's like 2 songs in 1 for me there, and having to know exactly what to do and where, which costed me a few bridge chokes (first half) and silly forgetfulness-based chokes (second half).
"Disposable Heroes" - I got a new optimal path on this one, and I'm so glad I got it on film. When I get it posted on DM, I'll link it to the Wiki for people to follow - I'm happy to share like that. =) Otherwise, this was done all in one take again.
"Master of Puppets" - The final freeform didn't go as planned for me. Ouch. Still easy and done in one take.
"Battery" - Only one silly choke and that was when I realised that my slides were going too steep in comparision to what the game wanted. Glad I got it in the end, not to mention a redux as well for efficiency.
"Evil" - I thought I got the optimal on film, but it turned out that I screwed up somewhere. I aught to redo the video later.
"Stone Cold Crazy" - Even on a Wii, this song is a mess. I clearly had to sacrifice annunciations for just keeping on combo, and I clearly don't have a clue if I'd gain that kind of vocal strength to do that too. Obviously the most strainful FC of the day.
"Mercyful Fate" - One choke in "Evil" and too many to count in "Satan's Fall". But otherwise this was good to break down and learn all the bits and pieces. =)
"Whiplash" - Another one in which mumbelina kind of took over, though not as bad as SCC. Epic run regardless.

Matching my successes, here's to 10 more banners to send over:

In unrelated news, learning the songs via bass sightreading is kind of doing ok, though chaosfreak is right in a way - "Fight Fire with Fire" is so hard I'm lucky I'd even get *four* stars on it. Those rhythms are so weird. >_>

Still, time to seal it there for another update. The amount of old-school YT followers expressing dismay at what I've been doing in regards to voxing all week is going to haunt me in my sleep, but I bleedin' well hope it's worth it...!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, sorry for not replying I did comment on that vid though, if you saw it. Though most of those songs weren't as tough (except AaR), we gotta start somewhere, right?

So you got SCC already? Sweet. Mercyful Fate is a doozy with its length, and so is Whiplash with those damn "You're thrashing all around" phrases. And a few other fast and picky songs.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEEZUS!!!

I swear an hour ago I saw 10/48 but now 20/48!!! thats damn impressive Woof

FGFC tomorrow?

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my gun sight aimed on yuo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 17 of 49

Jump to: