Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After doing a bit of research on the Seven Sins, I found out what I think was coming to mind on you with that.

So...being "Pride", TTFAF is identified as "a desire to be more important or attractive than others". Cherry Pie being "Gluttony" which is "the over-indulgence and over-consumption of anything to the point of waste", Killer Queen as "Lust" which means "excessive thoughts or desires of a sexual nature", HMWYBS being "Wrath" and "inordinate and uncontrolled feelings of hatred and anger"...ah! It all makes sense now!

Also...*me looks at that four digit number below tidus' avatar* Uh-oh, take 3000 away from your post count and you have...teh evil. (Disclaimer: At the time I made this post, tidus had 3666 posts.)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Positive! And yeah, I felt evil for a bit, hehe

Let's go to the update! As promised, the update. In order, there the FCs are:

Gluttony: Took 2 tries, and I'm on the 184,5k club with a certain Wii trio.

Lust: I actually had to FC it twice, as I forgot to take a pic. 2 tries for the 1st, 5 tries right after waking up for the 2nd, on another session.

Pride: Poor pathing and freeforming, but what to expect? 2 tries, no miss on the hardest phrase.

Greed: This only took 2 tries because I did a pathing mistake. Oh well...

Sloth: 1st try here.

Envy: I tried too hard with the pathing. And how am I supposed to get both FF's under SP at the end anyway?

Wrath: 1st try. As much as I hate the song, it was the best way to do the joke on the title. Try to figure out why "Ugh". Anyway, FGFC!

Expect massive GHVH updates next week, for I got the PS2 version and it's working greatly. Also, banners! Thought there was one for "Killer Queen" FC but...ok.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)

Last edited by tidus on Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Thought there was one for "Killer Queen" FC but...ok.

of course there is maybe it was remove though, cause i can't find it anymore But i know i have it in my op so knock yourself out =P

Also, very good job on that fgfc !! some of the songs you got there are surprisingly tricky (i only played that game one day last summer though, so i couldn't grind much on vox, but i missed some phrases here and there =/). Oh and i liked your title allusion to the song haha !! I bet the "ugh" is because of one dumb choke ? or umm...a starpower activating on its own, or a freeform disaster ?

ps : fire awaaaaaaaayyy !!! =P
kire  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:

Gluttony: Took 2 tries, and I'm on the 184,5k club with a certain Wii trio.

wut?

haha congrats in the FGFC

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Certain Wii trio"... That's one way to put it :P
Glad you finally joined the club, even though it took you so long; epic congratulations

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought i'd leave my 2000th post in your thread, just because you're...you know

I really have to congratulate you for this. If getting Smash Hits for PS2 meant trying to get past a large amount of pressure and take the easy way out, I don't care, as long as you're happy.

And as I said to Wooffus, Van Halen actually has my favorite setlist of the new GH games. I could understand why at first you had no interest in it, but I see you changed on that. You wanted to be cool, didn't you?

Great job again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many FGFCs are you up to now? A bajillion?

Congratulations, and good luck with GHVH. You'll get it in no time.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thanks for indicating it. But...I didn't realize that you got the KQ FC o_O Well, you can FGFC GHSH too, and do all on 360, unlike me The "ugh" came mostly because I had no more room to show my pride with the "Turn Off the Light" FC. If you had Band Hero, you could know what's that fuss all about.

Kire - Yessir, you, Werelord and Wooffus.

Wooffus - Sorry, couldn't find a better way. Don't get it wrong, please! Much like Metallica, I should have gone to the last-gen before, because of these 7 songs.

Chaosfreak - Thanks a lot for the Free Bird post here *hugs* I still find that whole struggle with GHSH bullshit. Should be the easiest game to FGFC after World Tour, and ended up giving me lots of fits on just seven songs. Everything related to the PS2 idea was needed to be done, in order to overcome that pressure. About Van Halen, I must say that this band fucking rocks. But the really picky engine taken from the Metallica spinoff doesn't. Now that I felt more "free", I can get the PS2 version of it, and that's all.

Dr00bles - Hehe! To be exact, three now. Glad I could find a way through SH, GHVH shouldn't be much of a hassle if I deal with the harder songs. It's too hard to connect everything on "Semi-Charmed Life" with a crappy highway and a jumpy comet.

Let's start with yesterday's stuff, which I saved for today's update. After the success with GHSH's "Seven Deadly Sins", I went on to readjust myself with the GH5/BH engine on 360. Got 2 reduxes, and these two new FCs.

The left one was annoying. For some reason, the 1st "uh-huh huh" was easier to hit on real run than on practice. I wonder if it's a glitch or something...3 chokes on the 2nd "uh-huh huh". But the right one was even more annoying. Every single time I got past the bridge I was choking a few phrases later. The path turned to be bad, to boot.

To finish, success on getting every console GH. Now it's time for some teasing.

This is just the start of a new project. I look ugly and creepy here, but I don't care. Hey, this happened *BEFORE* 8am.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
Thought there was one for "Killer Queen" FC but...ok.
Prong made one, but he got rid of all of his banners made before 2010 because he thought they were terrible. (Although they obviously weren't) I was able to grab the FC and the banner before he got rid of it though, so here it is.

And great job on the FGFC! There are still a few that are giving me trouble...(Stop!, Message in a Bottle...)

EDIT: Ninja'd before I could be replied to

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..
I'll just leave now...

Full game FC is just wow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... the hell is there to say?
If this is the kind of stuff we'd see out of your teaser, I'm absolutely certain you'd get the GHVH FC faster than me. Go go go!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, you're welcome. *hugs back* That said...

I was certain you'd be able to get American Girl eventually. And the first time I played Take What You Take, I failed out pretty quickly. And let's not forget that Ice Cream Man FC...pretty chill. (haha, you see what i'm talking about?)

And...don't take this personally, but if that's really you there, than you look a lot different than I remember you being. But what happened to that other guy? That one that you had a pic up of on Facebook? I know that pic was old, but what happened since then? Also, sorry to hear you were feeling sick the other day. Hope things get better.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz - Horrible? Wow, this guy knows how to sell himself short His '09 banners are much better than he gives credit to Also...you Wii players and your neverending struggle with "Stop!"...maybe I can get a vid of that phrase on training so you guys can see how it's done. Maybe that version has a serious problem when it goes to picking low-pitch singing though, so maybe that's where you're struggling at on "Message in a Bottle". If not, the ending is a matter of endurance.

WhYYZ - Don't leave, please! Your GH5 FGFC is way better, I assure you.

Wooffus - It's to prove that if I did it, so you can too. Sucks about the unexpected situation you're at though. I wanted a fair race, but...we all know we can get much better results when no one's at home. Hopefully you can get through this "semi-cursed kind of week for GHVH vocals" (got the joke? )

Chaosfreak - Looks like you saw my previous picture on Facebook, huh? Let's see It was from November '08, so I changed at least a bit with this time. On this teaser's mugshot, I grew a beard (obviously), and as I said, it was before 8am, so it was little time after I woke up. Get it?

The mix on the title is a gimme when it goes to understand that I got these.

"Semi-Charmed Life" took quite a while, with a choke on the beginning on the last verse, but it's still fun nontheless. "I Want It All" took no more than 30 minutes, terrible pathing all-around; hadn't SP ready for 1st freeform, and had a full tank just for the FF and the 2 phrases before and after the 2nd FF.

Also, other FCs. "Beautiful Girls" is said to be pretty tough, I know why. I even did the kiss noise at the end "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)" was a sightread FC, but again, this was an overplayed song back on the late 90's (albeit always an awesome song). "Loss of Control" was a sightread FC too, but I'm really disappointed with the chart. I thought the repeated "Loss of control" lines were pitched, as the bassist's high-pitched backing vocals made it seem to be. Oh well.

And I got a new awesome banner to boot!

About my cold, I'm currently much better than before, albeit not totally recovered. But I got a headache which it's believed to because either by playing too much or by struggling to see through the highway. The latter is the most possible, 'cause it started while I was grinding "Semi-Charmed Life". The venue that's given on Quickplay makes the mighway really lame, especially on the angle taken to focus the drummer on the opening of the 2nd verse. Maybe it's just on the PS2, but it seems I'll have to go through the Career (getting FC's along the way) to get a decent venue. Of course, after getting myself some rest.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know there's something you're not doing right when you FC one of the hardest songs in the game, and even after re-bumping your thread to the top of the first page in the forum three times, noone has posted. ...But what is that something?

If that was before 8 AM, your family must be full of heavy sleepers. They didn't give you the same rambling about having a neighborhood?

Yay for Semi-Charmed Life and I Want it All FCs. Both of those I find neat to sing as well, even if they are tough. And Loss of Control on SIGHTREAD?! Sick job. I don't care if you're on PS2; how the hell do you get those fast phrases like that so quickly?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I get it alright. Semi-Cursed in that people will be stealing my thunder left right and centre, and I can't do a damn thing about it XD but I will try my best.

You clearly made a very epic start tho; you got me scared already if you're taking down some of those big ones insanely early

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 73 of 92

Jump to: