Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats the time you accomplished this amazing goal is insane. Can we expect a vox FSFC soon?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time again:

Tidus: What URL tag?
But yeah, in madness we dwelled alright. Apparently that just HAD to be the game everyone talked about for the past week, at least on the vox side. Glad you were there to "ride the lightning" with us

chaosfreak: As I said to dr00bles, give me a week off work and I become a monster, haha.

Let me get my thoughts together in regards for Metallica. In terms of the song difficulty, it's generally tougher than GH5 if we exclude some of the monsters from there ("Superstition" in partucular >_>), not to mention it can be really fiddly if approached the wrong way. But for the most part, I found almost all the songs in Metallica easier to actually perform when getting round to it, the exception of course being "Stone Cold Crazy".

However, I still stand by my point of view in that so far, I think Band Hero is the most difficult game for vocalists. In spite of song familiarity, they are actually a lot more difficult to learn and execute just right, along with so many unfair spots it's untrue (and of course today's BH offering shows just that). I may be differently opinionated to others, but that's how I personally feel on this matter.

FingerQuick: Yep, Van Halen is the last game left for the FSFC. It's going to be awkward to finish on that one as opposed to somehow actually *enjoying* Metallica, but we'll see.

Jellu: Welcome to my thread
As you can tell, yes, I'm one game short of a FSFC and that's Van Halen. And given what I saw of the charts for "Ice Cream Man" and "Semi Charmed Life" on YT, I'm in for a world of hurt on those two... in a good, way of course.

boss: Thanks, but in spite of the speed I still found it tough to learn some of the variations down the line. See above on my thoughts on its difficulty

werelord: Again it depends on how fast I grab Van Halen. Either way, the minute I do though I plan to do something good to the SH vox community anyway (no, not in video format), and you'll see when I do it.

Much thanks to you all

So obviously, I don't have Van Halen just yet but I did manage to get a little set of vox FCs added on board. I have charged through the raging battlefield of 5 vox FGFCs and came out... showing my scars.
Yeah, surrender to my brief 3-FC apocolypse

---

Update: March 22nd 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Hurts So Good
DLC: Lonesome Road Blues (YT | DM)
BH Import: Wannabe
Metallica: Turn the Page (Live)

A new update means a blast of new videos to cover. And here they be.
"Hurts So Good" was a redux done just 5 hours ago, because I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the initial FC. It's catchy as hell though, personally think it should've been in the main Band Hero setlist but you can't win 'em all.
"Lonesome Road Blues"... damnit chaosfreak, you gave me a whirlwind of a challenge with that one XD As shown, it should've been higher than a 6 on the intensity scale, but I'm glad I actually managed it.
"Wannabe" is more about the epic lulz, though I would've wanted more of that lulz if I wasn't too focused on keeping combo. Short phrases are EVIL, especially that dangerous one in the breakdown. Shudder!
And finally, "Turn the Page" - way too undertierred, though I do find it manageable. If anyone's having any issues, you can always stop by there.

Of course, no update would be an update without fresh FCs, right?
I've done the main Metallica setlist, and my search for a copy of Van Halen doesn't officially start until tomorrow morning.
What else is there to do than to tackle the GH:M extra tracks?

Going through these one by one in a briefer update than the usual:
"Broken, Beat & Scarred" - Only tripped up once and that was because I forgot the freeform notation. Other than that this was a very simple song to learn and start the day on.
"Cyanide" - Either my pathing or the fiddly bridges had me caught several times before finally getting this one down. And werelord, I know you didn't want your score to be beaten, but it can't be helped
"My Apocolypse" - By far the fiddliest of today's tracks. I've lost count of all the times I mistakenly tripped up at the final verse, but oh well.

On that note, my business with GH: Metallica is finally set. Sure, I've done some reduxes today as well but there's no way I'd be able to claim a global 1st on most of those that I'm lagging behind on at all, unless I notice some flaws in my star power paths or something.

And now, all that leaves now is the hunt for Van Halen, at the lowest price possible. Everything I've researched on is making me think that FGFCing that one will be a chore no matter what kind of difficulty it could be on vocals, but I've come so far now and I'm not going to back down

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
And finally, "Turn the Page" - way too undertierred, though I do find it manageable. If anyone's having any issues, you can always stop by there

Fixed for you!

Anyway, awesome job on the Death Magnetic FC's and on the Lonesome Road Blues FC, another undertiered song!

About "Cyanide", I have a question: I had issues with the pathing towards the 1st freeform (and nothing of the song itself, not even the bridge but that's 'cause I listened a lot to the song since the album release), couldn't find a great path at all. How did you make your way there? o_O I'll probably looking forward to a vid from you so I can do those FF's decently too.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was hoping for a one-on-one chat with you on this one tonight but it apparently never happened. I'll share my tips anyway.

What I got on vid was 2-2-3RS - first two are as late as possible, and the final one should be activated as soon as "ooh, call your name" has been done as a phrase.

However, I since have refined that intro to 3-2-2, none of them being as late as possible - first one on "final", second to be on "they" to be on the safe side, and third on "already". Both of these paths will take 9 star power phrases each (though the latter will yield more points) and will leave you with 2 phrases ready for the coming freeform.

Hope this helps

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonesome Road Blues is my fave DLC in GH. I'm seeing Joe Bonamassa in may <3
Voxtarring it makes much more sense than just vox, you should try it lol.
Anyway, well awesome job on the FC, that last phrase is just evil XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
chaosfreak: As I said to dr00bles, give me a week off work and I become a monster, haha.

Let me get my thoughts together in regards for Metallica. In terms of the song difficulty, it's generally tougher than GH5 if we exclude some of the monsters from there ("Superstition" in partucular >_>), not to mention it can be really fiddly if approached the wrong way. But for the most part, I found almost all the songs in Metallica easier to actually perform when getting round to it, the exception of course being "Stone Cold Crazy".
That's the thing-the songs don't SOUND hard, but the engine makes them harder than they should be.

However, I still stand by my point of view in that so far, I think Band Hero is the most difficult game for vocalists. In spite of song familiarity, they are actually a lot more difficult to learn and execute just right, along with so many unfair spots it's untrue (and of course today's BH offering shows just that). I may be differently opinionated to others, but that's how I personally feel on this matter.
I too think Band Hero takes the cake.

FingerQuick: Yep, Van Halen is the last game left for the FSFC. It's going to be awkward to finish on that one as opposed to somehow actually *enjoying* Metallica, but we'll see.
Well JOE2210 and boss ended on that game too, but JOE because he dislikes that game's setlist, and boss because...well, they're both from UK, and when it released here in the US the game wasn't out yet.

As you can tell, yes, I'm one game short of a FSFC and that's Van Halen. And given what I saw of the charts for "Ice Cream Man" and "Semi Charmed Life" on YT, I'm in for a world of hurt on those two... in a good, way of course.
Yep. You probably already know by now that dr00bles thinks Ice Cream Man is the hardest song in history. While a lot of people think ABC and Stone Cold Crazy are harder, his opinion should say something.

werelord: Again it depends on how fast I grab Van Halen. Either way, the minute I do though I plan to do something good to the SH vox community anyway (no, not in video format), and you'll see when I do it.
Hmmmmmmmmmm...

Thanks again for taking my request.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this has fallen fast into page 2 Reply time!

chaosfreak: Yeah, I guess I can understand why in a sense. The GH5 engine kind of remedied that by showing how much progress you're doing throughout the phrase, but you might be looking at something totally different. The WT engine actually makes it harder to learn the songs than it is to perform them though, while it can be quite the inverse for the GH5 stuff.

In regards to the hardest song ever, I'm prepared to be hampered by "Ice Cream Man" in more ways than one. "ABC" wasn't so bad for me, and in spite of how quickly I got "Stone Cold Crazy", that seriously took the cake on me too. I'd love a challenge if I can manage it

Joe: Thanks man Concerning voxtar, I *did* attempt to do voxbass in my early days of WT, and though I can pass songs with that combination, i dont think I was ever any good at it in comparison to what people are pulling off now. I do get what you mean if it makes more sense to Bonamassa as a musician though.

And now, it's time to update the thread again, so thanks you two

As one door closes, another opens. And though it may be a more perilous struggle this time in more ways than one, I was ready to make my move on the last obstacle to the FGFC.
Yes, according to the test run song covered in today's update, it's a nice day to... start again.

---

Update: March 26th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Lithium (Live)
DLC: The Beautiful People (Vocals + Guitar 5* run)
BH Import: Kids
Metallica: No Leaf Clover (YT | DM)

Another set of vox runs for the turn of the weekend.
"Lithium" was obviously a redo after a corrupted first take, and solid proof on why no one should sing within an hour of waking up. But I'm glad I got it, haha.
And as I noted, I *did* managed to salvage a run on "The Beautiful People" with Kyle, so if you want a solid guitar run and me trying to sound angry near snoozing inmates, that's your meal ticket.
"Kids" was another case of me forgetting another censored part (the sodomy line in the rap at the end), but I didn't care as the run took me way too long to get down, haha.
And finally, "No Leaf Clover". There's gotta be *some* Metallica representation on my YT channel, that much is true. And it serves as a good freeform/low register showcase IMO, so all's good!

Leaving besides the vids for one side, you've probably understood why you're all here.
Earlier this week, I have managed to locate the game. Yes, GH: Van Halen is mine - the last obstacle for the FSFC.
Course, due to the release of Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver (and I got the latter), I didn't want to make an official move on the game just yet.

Still, prior to picking the game up, I did a bunch more bass sightreads to understand the career progression, and went through all the songs to pick up the freeform notation. You can see my findings in a thread I made in the vocals sub-area of the TS&G forum.

Two things I aught to note here - one, the freeforms seem more fiddly in this game than any of the others I've played, so it's going to be painful enough to rack up any form of big points. But I'll try my hardest nevertheless.
And two - from the bass career progression and seeing the vocal progression on the vocal video reference thread, I've come to the conclusion that there isn't any song in the game at all that marks as a grand finale for all instruments (TTFAF, Schizoid Man, American Pie etc), so this means that my predictable pattern of picking an epic finale track may have to stop here. I do have ideas on what to do for my last FC tho, but for some it may be what they may least expect.

And after that, I also tested the vocal engine - and re-adjusting some lag accordingly, damn tv - via taking verses 1 and 2 of "Hot for Teacher", the doot-doot-doos of "Semi-Charmed Life" and the ending for "Painkiller" into practice, and doing a quickplay run on a song that I was already familiar with beforehand. And like Metallica before it, I was not expecting this result:

I'll improve my freeforms and path for vid, I swear. >_>

Taking away the VH stuff for a while, yesterday also brought me into another DLC challenge. Sure, it still wasn't as bad as "Ticks", but it was still immensely challenging:

For me, the vox chart on this one is like "Evil" in GH Metallica but 10 times as bad in regards to the high notes scattered throughout - it's a throat killer!! And you will see when I get it processed for vid and up on YT on Monday, haha.

Will I get more VH FCs done on Monday? I don't know given the circumstances, but consider it a start.

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't post here when I should've. First off good job on the DM extras especially Cyanide, nice global first you got there . But now that you have VH just get SCL,ICM,ItO, and IWIA, then rip the game to pieces! I expect a full series FC from you soon now....GET TO WORK!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found your way to get Gee-Atch-Vee-Atch!

Now we're both good to hopefully joing the club at the same day, aren't we? Also, great job on the "White Wedding (Part 1)", a song that is out of your range must always be tough.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though some people don't care for GH Van Halen that much, i'll admit: it has my favorite setlist of the new GH games. It has plenty of songs with (imo) awesome riffs and soloing, and I just really like it. Not to mention some epic guitar charts, especially Eruption.

And lol at that Pikachu in the picture. It makes me think back to the days of Pokemon Yellow, when it would just say, "Pika!" when you'd send it out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reply time, hopefully:

werelord: I'll try, but I'm apparently dreading "Ice Cream Man" the most. But if Tidus can get it, then that's most likely boosted my confidence on how to go about it, so there we go.

Tidus: I don't know, you already got two of the toughies long before I could make a serious start, so I'm sure you'd get there days before me. As for White Wedding, I did a lot of octave shifting - there are notes there that I just can't hit at all, not worth the risk.

chaosfreak: Haha, Yellow was one of my faves out of the old gb titles That said, I still feel concerned about what kind of awkwardness the songs might provide, especially what I really want to call the iron group (what werelord brought out). But I'll do the best I can.

It's going to be even more awkward though because I'm not going to be alone in the house for 2 weeks due to easter break bringing everyone together, but I'll try.

tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my...sucks about this "little" problem. Still, I see you're keeping on with the "10 FCs a day" pattern. You'll definitely get the toughies earlier than you expect!

Gogo FSFC!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shhh, you aren't supposed to look at my scores early!

Anyway, as implied, my copy of GHVH made its very first date with my Dazzle for video captured FCs. And of course it resulted in a large set of offspring.

---

Update: March 29th, 2010

Video Features:
GH5: They Say
DLC: Lay It on the Line (YT | DM)
BH Import: I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Metallica: Cyanide

Four new vids for today, all here.
"They Say" finally has me going solo on that one - a more precise performance than on the FBFC run, though not quite in solitude, yeowch.
"Lay It on the Line" was one painful DLC FC, but I was able to get annunciations in as well as being strained by that goddamned original octave. It was really tough!
"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" continues the trend of tricky FCs - a few close call moments there too and I'm not looking back on that one.
And there you go Tidus, my "Cyanide" strategy, just for you. =P

GHVH Progress Report: Yes, I actually gathered time to get some FCs in. And of course, it's all in career so for me it's a case of opening as many options as I can in the allotted time. Here's what I managed to get:

Underground Development may have dissolved, but I don't care. MAKE THE SCORE FONT BIGGER!! >__> I've had to blow up the screens into full screen mode when putting them into the score tracking... sheesh.
Anyway, time to look at today's FCs.

"Panama" - done in one take, with horrible freeforms. Reduxed later on to obtain the global 1st.
"Runnin' With the Devil" - 2 takes, again with awkward freeforming but glad I managed to get it done. Looks tricky on glance, but the only place I tripped up at was just before the first chorus.
"Pretty Fly" - Horrible star power path. Went back afterwards to locate a 158.5k path, and if there was only a wiki section for the GHVH tracks, I'd so share it.
"The End of Heartache" - Too much time spent finding out a good star power strategy to approach the freeforms with, but I got there.
"Everybody Wants Some" - The stupid pitched tarzan cry at the beginning had me stumbling a few times, when I was struggling to figure out what the heck it was meant to sound like. The rest of the song went smoothly though - global 1st on film!
"The Takedown" - Another global 1st, and one that took longer than it should've done. Minor chorus variations had me tripping up a little bit, but once I got by, it was all clean sailing.
"Rock and Roll is Dead" - Damn you Lenny Kravitz for your chorus variations! The second one in particular had me tripping up too much... owell.
"Loss of Control" - Fast song with little room for annunciation. I'm not even going to bother to try and find the 87k path that Airshock and think found. >_>
"Atomic Punk" - Quite a few third verse chokes, and another awful freeform score. Glad I managed to resolve it in the end.
"First Date" - done in one take. Goodness knows how much different it may be in the GH5 engine, haha.

Not bad for a day when I'm not alone, though I've not a clue how much worse it may be during the actual Easter weekend. What are the odds of getting any toughies out of the way at all during then? Not a clue, methinks.

(Sigh... damn you Tidus for making so much of a bigger splash than me @_@)

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe, I like the bump!

Thanks for the "Cyanide" vid, first of all. I'll try that freeform too.

Great job on new GHVH FCs, and especially on "Lay It on the Line"! If you got the latter, you can totally get the harder ones on GHVH. I have total confidence on your success <3

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found Everybody Wants Some!! to be quite awkward, namely with the variations in the choruses and verses. I also laugh in the part in the bridge where Roth goes, "I like..." but gets cut off by Eddie striking a guitar chord. :P

And when I first attempted First Date, it was a trainwreck. Even though I know that song pretty well, I 3*'d it. On Hard. Of course, i've fixed that now, but still, ow.

And I remember Panama from quite a few occasions, another "I've heard this song a lot but don't know who it's by or what it's called". Sometimes, I would think in the choruses they were shouting, "A-NIMAL!" That middle part I find amusing too.

Nice job. Before long...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 19 of 49

Jump to: