Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Heavy-sleepers? Just my brothers sometimes. At that moment, the parents already left for work! But yeah, I wonder what I have done...

David Lee Roth's key is mostly predictable ("Ice Cream Man" is always an exception though). I check the pitch indicator's behavior, and just control it through the phrases. Who cares if I'm humming? Most of the songs are PURE SIGHTREAD after all.

Wooffus - Sorry if I've been "stealing your thunder". You know, I love getting rid of harder songs early (no more of that, Chaos, I already know everything ), and no one will ever change this "Semi-Cursed" was mostly because of your conditions, but you're apparently getting through that hassle.

Went though the Career, and got a few FCs through it, 'til I got to "...And the Cradle Will Rock" and when I finished the song, bam, the game froze. Half of them was done on Career, the other half not.

Obviously, "I'm the One" was the hardest. Not only I was having problems with the scatting, but I was having problems both on finding the good octave to do it without risk of comet jumpiness and on reaching the scatting. Fortunately, no chokes after it.

"White Wedding (Part 1)" marked all Billy Idol songs FC'd on GH Vocals. A bit different from RB2, but for at least once, the PS2 glitchy engine let me sing the original octave and avoid feeling compelled. "Painkiller" was surprisingly hard, I had 2 chokes on the 3rd verse, and got caught by surprise by the 1st Bridge. Seems they charted another vocal overlay, meaning that this chart goes C#5 or D5 or whatever on that part (and no A5 either), unlike on RB2, where it goes almost on the bottom of the highway, finishing on the super-high note.

The other songs were easy, either I had hiccups (cold = lots of voice cracking) or pathing mistakes on the FF songs' case.

More soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Diex  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You FCd my favorite GHVH songs in one session... EPIC WIN

Great FCs!

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diex - Thanks, glad to hear it from you!

(Damn, this thread was *almost* overlooked this time, but it's still a bummer because one of the FC's was "I'm the One" and it was no walk at the park. Oh well, let's follow on...)

I wasn't supposed to get so many FCs like I did today, but I had to borrow the money I'd use to go to the uni this afternoon (ending up unavoidably torn apart), and couldn't go. So I took the time to reach 300 overall Vox FCs while I had it in my mind.

This was the FC #300. Lovelovelove Foo Fighters!

Also, the other eleven FCs.

I'd say that "Stacy's Mom" was definitely the trickiest. Very short phrases, and the low phrases, when sang on the original octave, were causing the comet to jump like an ass. Most of the other songs were done between 1 and 4 tries, so let's not get onto details. Highlight, as far as FC speed goes, is for "Pain". I remember listening to this song on radios a few years ago, so the FC was really really easy.

More soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacy's Mom? Oh god, I remember playing that and easily running out of breath. And that 300th FC is THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST, THE BEST-*shot*

300 is a big number, 'cause everybody wants some!! I love singing that one, it's so much fun, I like that one part with the talkies in the bridge where Roth goes "I like..." but gets cut off by Eddie's playing.

I also played Double Vision at one point and got absolutely hammered by it (but still 5*'d first try, yay me). Same with You Really Got Me, I wouldn't have 5*'d that so easily if it weren't for a massive freeform giving a nice chunk of points near the end. And look, there's Mean Street, the song that iirc both dr00bles and Airshock ended on.

Last edited by chaosfreak07 on Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing job on hitting that milestone! Here's to a 350, and then the FSFC

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey man, nice collection of FC's coming along here. No doubt there is a FGFC on it's way.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whats your plan Tidus?

You're getting my favorite songs in the game FCd

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In before another FGFC....
'
300 = huge!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, you're on a roll You're getting through these FCs insanely quick! I'm half-expecting to slug through Semi-Charmed Life, but I bet you'd get the FGFC before I even get that one song at this rate.

Don't worry about me being behind, go on and achieve your goal

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 vox FCs!? Im really falling behind. Any posiblity of FSFC?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again, everyone!

Chaosfreak - I hadn't breath problems with "Stacy's Mom" myself, it was just the short phrases and the comet glitch not allowing me to sing the original octave on the low phrases. I always liked "You Really Got Me" since GH2, so it wasn't hard for me. I just wonder why both of them finished with "Mean Street" though.

Lefty - Both 350 and especially FSFC are a lolno. *stares at GH5 and BH* I'm pretty sure I can reach 325, but I'd kill to stretch the limit to 330.

Sulfurus - Hey, another fellow whose username finishes on "-us"! Seriously, it's great to hear from a really awesome player like you, thank you. I'll deliver the GHVH FGFC as fast as as I can!

Diex - Are you sure you used the right 1st smiley? I'll get an FGFC on Van Halen, and think about stretching my overall count, grain by grain, once in a while.

WhYYZ - It's coming, dude! I just went for a break today, but I'll be back to finish!

Wooffus - You really do need some self-confidency. You went through much worse stuff on GH5 and BH, so you should be able to make it ASAP! Also, I totally agree with you about trying to see the GHVH scores on the pics. I'm having a hard time, and maybe I'll need to see on the game itself to fix some scores!

Werelord - GH5 and especially BH say no. All I did was to tear down "American Girl", the easiest of the remaining GH5 ones, aside "Mirror People", and that's all. No 350 either unless Band Hero finally clicks, 325 is more realistic at the moment.

Let's go to my possibly "new worst game FC-wise", so I can extend the overall FC count limit from 322 to where I really wanted, 325 FCs. I got these three FCs today, having in sight that I had these songs locked on my mind.

"Oh, Pretty Woman": The success with the Van Halen cover inspired me to go back on BH to nail the original Roy Orbison's version. One odd part or two was taken to practice, rest wasn't too hard.

"Bad Reputation": 90 straight minutes of my life have been wasted on this excuse for a chart. Little-to-no error margin at all, on a song that the charting folks blatantly managed to make it obscenely harder than on RB2. Whatever, never again.

"Our Lips Are Sealed": Talk about being really desperated to finish this song. Took a tad bit longer than "Oh, Pretty Woman", with a choke on the 3rd verse, while the 2nd is actually the hardest part.

There you go, I can reach 325 FCs when I FGFC GHVH now.

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:
on a song that the charting folks blatantly managed to make it obscenely harder than on RB2

LMAO xD!!! THAT !!! didn't spend that much time (spent more on easier stuff -_-), but damn that was annooooooyiiiing i feel your pain !

But good job more vocal ownage is always amazing ! Keep it up !! and 325 will happen so soon that 350 will immediately be in sight ^^
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - That song was really annoying. Many BH songs are annoying to FC, if I do say so myself, albeit the setlist is mostly fun to sing.

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone who supported me through these years of competitive rhythm gaming. It's a really gigantic list of people for a humbly-skilled player, I must say. But it's not fun anymore at all, and there's a thing bugging me greatly, so I must do some confessions to get rid of this burden.

- I found a conspiration of trolls who support a non-friendly competition on GH Vocals, just to induce the downfall of the community once and for all. And of course, the first victim has to be me. Why? Because my "Turn Off the Light" FC score is "obscenely" higher than the other FCs, so they reported my score, claiming that I hacked the chart so it gets slightly easier and has different Star Power phrases, so I can get a higher score with a less complex path.

- So, I want to retire from rhythm gaming, at least until things cool down. But first, I wanted to get a goodbye achievement. I happen to love to sing "So Yesterday" and shit, much more than any Metallica or Foo Fighters song, so I thought I'd path and squeeze it to death. Looks like things went well, much faster than I expected. I'm amazed at myself, got the X-Plat 1st and a near-optimal score, I believe. Check this out!

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To tell you the truth, when I saw the title, it actually scared me a little. But then I was like, "Oh wait...APRIL FOOLS!"

As my little way of forgiveness...well, refer to the comment I left on that Twitpic. =) And yay for more BH FCs too.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, I backed up your score by looking for an optimal path and us sharing each other's paths. Whoever decided to take down your score for "Turn Off the Light" is nothing more than a jealous Slayer-loving monster. -_-

But if that's the way it should be, then that's here it goes. Pretty swansong to boot, even though it did feel fiddly to me when I did my sole fc of it.

I wish you all the best for the future man, gonna miss you =(
Don't worry, I know you're not going =P Awesome run on Space Truckin' BTW, congrats on FC #500!!

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 74 of 92

Jump to: