View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enginn  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go get that full series FC right now!
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:O You took down one of the mighty dr00ble's 1sts? Amazing! *bows*

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, looks like you have some serious pathing skill if you're dethroning dr00bles. That's saying something.

And sorry for mentioning you in B-Fuzz's thread; as I said there, I was trying to prove a point.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such pathing and freeforming prowess

Taking a single 1st from dr00bles is already amazing in my book, but an OVERALL 1ST?

Well, still rooting you for the FSFC, although you can do amazing reduxes like this in the meantime.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic plight was indeed epic. Time to reply to everyone, and thanks for everything

dr00bles: Eh, I learnt a few things about freeforms via seeing some of yours and Airshock's vids. Today's update with 2 global 1st recordings themselves should show a great amount of what I've learnt, so you can potentially claim them back.
As for the remaining VH songs, you do realise I waited too long to make a move on "Ice Cream Man", right? That was the song I was dreading the most! But I've tried my best, and I have no regrets.

Enginn: Couldn't do it at midnight on a weekend night, couldn't I? But I've done as much as a move i can today, just for you

Werelord: It's one thing to succeed in something, but to be treated like a deity is another - I'm not THAT mighty, seriously. ._. And I know you can claim back another global 1st after what you did with "One Armed Scissor", you got the potential to!

chaosfreak: Well, if I do form any great paths, I share them on the wiki anyway so it's a give-back situation easily.
Also, don't worry about what you said in B-Fuzz's thread at all; I was just browsing there and seeing what kind of conversation was arising. I guess I have a tendancy to do awesome things in a quiet place, hah.

Tidus: That's what I get for being a little bored, and still irritated by my DREADFUL initial score on "Dyers Eve". But seriously, if I can overcome something like this, perhaps you can claim a global 1st back yourself one of these days

And now, today's update. With the weather getting warmer, it would make it trickier to sing without melting like pancake syrup, so what I did was made the best of both worlds and tucked into everyone's favorite simple frozen dessert.

Ice cream.

---

Update: April 12th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: 20th Century Boy
DLC: Jessie's Girl (YT | DM)
Metallica: Tuesday's Gone
Van Halen: Jamie's Cryin'

Let me go through all my hostings for today.
"20th Century Boy" was my first run through in several months, so if it looks a little sloppy, you now know why. Not to mention there were several occurrences of me getting my 'boy's and 'toy's in a muddle...!
"Jessie's Girl" continues my DLC plight, though on the day of recording it, I had to re-install the Dazzle because someone had been messing with my USB hub while I was at work. So I don't think I was up for original octave wankery, though I did try my best.
And due to something raised in the vocals sub-section of TS&G earlier last week, here's my Global 1st run on "Tuesday's Gone" as promised; not sure if yksi still wants it for freeform help though, but it should provide a good idea over how I managed to break 400k.
And "Jamie's Cryin'" is something from today's update. It continues the theme of epic global 1sts, and should double as a good (maybe optimal?) star power path guide for anyone that needs it.

GH:VH Progress Report: Epic collection is epic. Here's to 8 more FCs!

Once again, it's time for the rundown.

- "Best of You" - Pretty song is pretty. Done in one go, though not the optimal - managed to redo that off-cam.
- "Master Exploder" - Tried to sightread FC this one, but failed spectacularly on the last phrase. >_> Oh well, got the 46.5k when I needed it.
- "Somebody Get Me a Doctor" - Probably the most bizarre VH song I've had to sing, and was recorded in one take too. Reduxing it for 84.5k was a different matter - a couple of very tight squeezes were around.
- "Painkiller" - I initially said to Kire and Werelord a few weeks back that this would be my on-disc finale. But then I changed my mind but still made it a late FC anyway, because epic song is still epic. And what's even more awesome is that I held the long note AND got the global 1st all in one vid!
- "Jamie's Cryin'" - The bridge in the second verse and the breakdown leading to the solo were serious choke points for me when getting it down initially, not to mention this was tricky to form a path for as well. It still got me a global 1st here too!
- "Romeo Delight" - So lucky I got the optimal, because I got so annoyed with the final chorus variation in practice. Glad I'm not going there again.
- "Unchained" - Another one of those catchy-as-hell songs, even though it was modestly challenging to learn. Didn't get the optimal on vid again but I did off-cam.
- "Ice Cream Man" - Clearly the highlight of the day. All the verse variations were very difficult to confine to memory, and when I thought I did so well on one run it resulted in a third-to-last phrase choke. Glad I finally got it too, with a well planned star power path to boot!

And so, the FSFC is in clear sight. Only one track left, but there wasn't enough time today, not to mention it STILL needs an FC on the Wii last time I checked. And I guess that'll make it all the more epic, haha.

(Damnit... the goal is so close, I can't believe it ._.)

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Sun May 23, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gogo FSFC, If I were a god I would make an entire continent made out of cookies in celebration of FSFC, that way the world will never run out of cookies, as it the most vital source....... of everything to us internet nerds lol =P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus, so close it's almost in your grasp. Now go get that last song!!!
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, you tackled GHVH quite fast. Just one song left eh...

GO GET IT WOOFFUS!!!

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First looking at the FCs and seeing Painkiller I was a little disapointed you didn't save it for last. But now looking at what song is left you couldn't have picked a more appropriate song. Now go get that FSFC!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there, Ice Cream Girl!

Jokes apart, you came really far, nothing can stop you. Maybe something more "special" for this last FC?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salvaging this one from page 2 really quickly:

superspaz: A continent of cookies, huh? You got me foaming at the thought; I bet it'll take me 20 lifetimes to consume the lot though

Enginn: Will do, been waiting too long for this moment now!

FingerQuick: See what I said with Enginn :p

werelord: Yeah, I know I said that I'd do "Painkiller" last of all initially, since that IS an epic song in its own right, though there were quite a few factors over why I favored "I Want It All" a lot more. I will host the former in the near future though

Tidus: "Ice cream girl"... haha, now you got me thinking of one of the main characters of the Waterman shorts - got a good kick out of them at Newgrounds back in the day
Anyway, I've got something planned for that last FC, in more ways than one. I don't think it'll be quite as epic as what dr00bles did with "American Pie", but it's still a big step up for me - you'll know when you see it.

So yes, tomorrow I will attempt to - no, wait... I SHALL seal the deal on the series!

In unrelated news though, I may also announce that on Friday (1PM-5PM EDT), I plan to take a stream online for the first time.
The link to it will be in my OP with all my other links, and it's there that I shall take requests, help people on songs that they're stuck on, do co-op with people on anything, and the like. Be sure to meet me there around that time

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:

In unrelated news though, I may also announce that on Friday (1PM-5PM EDT), I plan to take a stream online for the first time.
The link to it will be in my OP with all my other links, and it's there that I shall take requests, help people on songs that they're stuck on, do co-op with people on anything, and the like. Be sure to meet me there around that time

*gasps* I'm going to have to miss the epic conclusion to your FSFC...stupid school. Good luck though!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh? Who said that I'd be doing the final FC on a stream website? I have to say it right here and now - that's not the plan.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, can't wait to witness it. =)

And I know why your choice is what it is. I was hoping you'd end on Painkiller as well, though. That would have been epic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Eh? Who said that I'd be doing the final FC on a stream website? I have to say it right here and now - that's not the plan.

So I will get to see it still? Yay! But I just assumed you would FC it on stream because you said you'd do it tommorow and that's Friday and yeah...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 21 of 49

Jump to: