Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn it, this is what happens when I go on Twitter and quote people. I still laugh at what a certain person said. (Though I don't know anything about that fight...) But to FC either of those two songs (SMK and American Pie) would probably give you a large step up.

And as for YMCA...no matter how much you've heard that song (and you've probably heard it 4123789056918642921860174387 times if you've been to parties and such a lot), you'd find it hard to believe it would be hard...but I have to believe it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just another battery of individual responses, probably the last one before a possible next update.

Moose - Thanks! Couldn't think of a better song, although I couldn't afford letting something tough for the end

Kire - Hopefully you can talk now But hey, you can do it yourself too!

Arvain - So close, yet so far away...but not quite when it goes to "American Pie", that is finally getting stuck on my brain like glue. I can do some readjusts, get some consistency, and voila, I'm ready! "Y.M.C.A." is on the same boat as "Brianstorm", as in keeping being hard no matter how much I know the song. The phrases are just really short I'd need to do some serious progress, but when this song and SMK are both played at 1st sight, the former is much harder IMO.

WhYYZ - Both songs are very worthy of being put on the "underrated" category, but with so many songs with insane stuff "all over the place" on the GH series, like "ABC", "Stone Cold Crazy" and others, I can't get this stuff about "Steal My Kisses". You can definitely get a 5* with ease, just learn to hit one of the verses and one of the choruses, and save SP for the talkies in the middle and end when possible.

Chaosfreak - I never agreed about that statement since the sightread. It's not because of the talkies. Even if I take out the talkies, "ABC" is a much harder song. About "Y.M.C.A.", look my response to Arvain.

I got an hectic week ahead, so I'd need to let the progress aside if things get ugly. I'll keep you updated when I get something.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say it's an FC to be celebrated with whiskey and rye. Credits to my brother for the right pic, I'd never take it myself because my hands were shaking. And to Dr00bles and Arvain, whose videos of this song helped me to lock the whole stuff in my brain.

Probably the most aggravating grind in a LOOOONNNNG time, glad I made it. Starting from yesterday, I missed the dinner time, wasted 2 hours, and all I got was a choke on phrase #96. Today, 1,5 hours were wasted, and another share of chokes, especially on the 2nd phrase of last verse, because I didn't pause to calm myself, and went with shaking voice, and another on the second-to-last "But the levee was dry" because I forgot the beat. After finishing the basic home endeavors, I took 5 or 6 tries for the FC. Due to lots of close-calls, especially under SP, I ended up with a score that's 10k worse than dr00bles' FC, even using his path. But I don't care! I got another top-notch FC, and another top-notch banner too!

Thought I'd give, while I'm at it, a shoutout to Lilirock, who is back with an amazing split-screen vid, and well, more important, it's 2 years, either today or somewhere on this week, since we first met here on SH, and we've been playing each other either on PFO or on Co-op on XBL, on this 1-month trial I had back on '08. You fucking rock, Lili!

To finish...

WHISKEY.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got American Pie!! That IS one heck of a step up, not to mention one hell of a test of endurance.
That's two of the iron three down, and who knows, you may even be able to conquer ABC one day. For now, major congratulations

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
arvain  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHA win that's some expert timing right there tidus xD!!

Amazing job with American pie !! here, have some WHISKEY to celebrate xD!! i was right in my bump : you CAN get more songs ^___^

oh and note : tried my best, but still missed almost 2k from droobles xD wtf accuracy spotted !!
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, on Twitter, wrote:
@TidusOfSH WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

I think that says it all. But on a more in-depth note, that's some serious dedication. First what you've been through with RB1, now this?

I'm too shocked to even say anything else, so i'll just leave it at that. And yeah, I know, there was no reason for me to delete this first, I don't even remember why I did

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they were singin'...
Bye, bye mister not American Pie?...
I still don't understand the phrases and you just made some pie ate it up and did a jolly dance on its remains....
Good job.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job (especially not choking on the outro).
Diex  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy...

Thats a great FC right there.

137 phrases without mistakes on Band Hero is just too much for normal people lol.

tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your kind words! For now, just a battery of individual replies, as I can't play crap 'til tomorrow (I'm currently at Uni).

Wooffus - Indeed! I still need to do what I'd consider "crawling", like I did with the other two songs. An FC on Hard, which is always escaping from my grasp on "ABC", then some adjustments so I can grind it on Expert. But it'll be much harder, I don't think it may happen sometime

Arvain - Dunno how the hell that guy can be so accurate while actually singing the song. But most of the missed points came from my nervousness, especially from 90th phrase to the end. I don't think I can get a lot more, but still, cheers!

Chaosfreak - I asked whiskey, but I didn't say I refused cookies. I don't mind them! (I saw you original post )

WhYYZ - It takes some time to memorize the verses, but again, as you FGFC'd GH5, you should make it in less time than me.

Killzonedout - If by "Outro", you mean the 5 last phrases, then I'm game! If you did choke there before you FC'd it, it sucks. Glad I got in my head the fact that the last "But the levee was dry" ended on a different note than the other similar phrases.

Diex - Yes sir, 137 phrases, every single one with pitches. But I am a normal person.

No update. Why? Refer to the beginning of this post.

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I hold the latest great feat dear, I get a brand new FC that finally gets me to the basic long-term goal on Band Hero, the Half-Game FC! Nothing better than some pretty fun song to sing, and great as a song in itself too. Took 30 minutes to both learn the verses and bring this song down.

Then, 90 minutes went down the drain for nothing but a choke on the 66th phrase on "You Belong With Me" (and I hit it on a certain vid I'll talk about), and a fatal "Picture to Burn" choke on the second-to-last phrase. Needless to say, I've gone insane with the Taylor Swift songs, yet again.

But at least, I finally had the guts to record a vid. It's the most catchy of teh 3 songs, still a fucking pain in the ass to sing, and this filler shows how much I suck at her songs.

EDIT: I recorded an FC of that song, so what's the point of keeping link to a filler which I took down?

Last edited by tidus on Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my comment on the vid, did I say 65 phrase streak? I found the pic, and meant 62, but I think you get the idea either way. >_>

But yeah, that sucks. I guess it just goes to show that Taylor Swift does not mess around.

Yay for Ocean Avenue FC though. Not that tough a song (it was one of the first few I 5*'d, with little trouble), but a cool one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Really? I don't mess around either 'Cause...

The pain is over. All on-disk songs, of course, I'm not considering "Our Song", which is DLC.

"Love Story" for the last! This one took less than 20 minutes, the other songs were done on a 90 minutes spam yesterday's night. Needless to say, "Picture to Burn" was the hardest, I was consistent on the hardest phrase, but the "redneck heartbreak" lines were letting me insane, especially the one on the breakdown which starts with a lower note. "You Belong With Me" was tripping me up on the 2nd verse.

As for the other FCs, "I heard it through the grapevine" that this song is overrated. Still, pretty fun song, to both sing and listen to. "When I'm Gone" was a pain in the ass, glad I learned the choruses and the odd phrase on the last one in time.

More soon, PYRO (lol) may be the next to fall.

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After all the strain, the mighty Taylor Swift has been taken down!
I said it earlier and I'd say it again - if you can get those, then surely you can get a load of the following beasts, artificial or not. Glad to see you got a gameplan too, and gogo FGFC at this rate

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Thank you! Yes, I'm planning some of my future steps, and the next one promises to be FIERY! Still keepin' it realistic though I haven't put any serious work on the remaining monsters, and there are still a whoopin' lot of tricky songs in my way. God knows how long I'll take to get stuff like "ABC" to come along. Let's see what will happen before imagining an FGFC!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 76 of 92

Jump to: