ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Breakdown of the Un-FCed Expert Songs (0 G, 7 B)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:26 am    Post subject: Breakdown of the Un-FCed Expert Songs (0 G, 7 B) Reply with quote

Proof will be needed whether it be a picture or video. I don't care who you are but saying you FC'd a song without proof will not take the song off the list no matter who easy the song is.

Credit goes to BobDole for the layout of this thread.

List of un-FCed Songs:

Guitar:

None

Bass:

"Hands All Over" by Soundgarden
"Spoonman" by Soundgarden
"The Infection" by Disturbed
"Burning in the Skies" by Linkin Park
"The Catalyst" by Linkin Park
"Waiting for the End" by Linkin Park
"Wretches and Kings" by Linkin Park

List of FCed Songs from the List:

Guitar:

"Let Love Rule" by Lenny Kravitz (4/14/2010) (ElementOfZero)
"Free Bird (DLC/Wii)" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (4/22/2010) (B-Fuzz)
"Welcome to My Nightmare" by Alice Cooper (8/10/2010) (oct4v30n2)
"Birth Ritual" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (BobDole)
"Burden in my Hand" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (BobDole)
"Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (BobDole)
"Blow Up the Outside World" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (BobDole)
"Hands All Over" by Soundgarden (10/31/10) (ElementOfZero)
"Spoonman" by Soundgarden (10/31/10) (BobDole)

Bass:

"Stay Away" by Nirvana (4/15/2010) (superspaz117)
"Oh Yeah!" by Housse de Racket (4/16/2010) (ace5993)
"(No More) Patty's Lament" by Flogging Molly (4/17/2010) (kire)
"Gimme Three Steps" by Lynyrd Skynyrd (4/17/2010) (kire)
"Everybody Loves Me" by OneRepublic (4/19/2010) (Yusuke)
"Pilgrim” by Wolfmother (4/20/2010) (Poirot2)
“Cousins” by Vampire Weekend (4/20/2010) (Clifferd)
“Travelin’ Band” by Creedance Clearwater Revival (4/21/2010) (Warhiem)
“Hi-Speed Soul” by Nada Surf (4/21/2010) (pizzashredder)
“We Got the Beat” by The Go-Go’s (4/21/2010) (pizzashredder)
“Our Song” by Taylor Swift (4/21/2010) (pizzashredder)
“New” by No Doubt (4/21/2010) (pizzashredder)
“Holiday” by Vampire Weekend (4/21/2010) (pizzashredder)
“Mercy” by OneRepublic (5/23/2010) (Gio)
“Modern Day Delilah” by KISS (5/23/2010) (Gio)
“From Yesterday” by 30 Seconds to Mars (5/28/2010) (lpunderground19)
“Kings and Queens” by 30 Seconds to Mars (5/28/2010) (lpunderground19)
“Losing a Whole Year” by Third Eye Blind (5/28/2010) (lpunderground19)
“Can You Take Me” by Third Eye Blind (5/28/2010) (lpunderground19)
"Second Chance" by Shinedown (9/22/2010) (DVDSmith)
"Sound of Madness" by Shinedown (9/22/2010) (DVDSmith)
"Epic" by Faith No More (9/23/2010) (avandr3)
"Birth Ritual " by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Hunted Down" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Blow Up the Outside World" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Fell on Black Days" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"My Wave" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Outshined" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Burden in My Hand" by Soundgarden (10/5/2010) (avandr3)
"Rusty Cage" by Soundgarden (10/30/10) (DVDSmith)

Contributing User Stats::

BobDole - 5 Guitar FCs
ElementOfZero - 2 Guitar FCs
B-Fuzz - 1 Guitar FC
oct4v30n2 - 1 Guitar FC

avandr3 - 9 Bass FCs
pizzashredder - 5 Bass FCs
lpunderground19 - 4 Bass FCs
DVDSmith - 3 Bass FCs
kire - 2 Bass FCs
Gio - 2 Bass FCs
Superspaz117 - 1 Bass FC
ace5993 - 1 Bass FC
Yusuke - 1 Bass FC
Poirot2 - 1 Bass FC
Clifferd - 1 Bass FC
Warhiem - 1 Bass FC

Last edited by Davers on Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:07 am; edited 32 times in total
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The freebird DLC is the same as the Smash Hits version, so that can be taken of the list. (Unless you Wii it)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I do have all of the DLC so maybe I'll knock some of these off later. I didn't realize there were un-FCed songs in Guitar Hero but I guess it makes sense because they release DLC every week that hardly anybody buys/plays.

Also I'm all for Free Bird (DLC) staying there because it DOES have the new chart on Wii. Maybe I (and every other PS3 or 360 player) personally don't have access to the new chart, but it does exist.

zsjostrom35  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
The freebird DLC is the same as the Smash Hits version, so that can be taken of the list. (Unless you Wii it)

Why would you do that? The new chart still exists, even though it's only available on one platform right now. It doesn't make sense to deprive some Wii user the honor of taking a really tough song off this list just because not everybody can play it. And besides, this is hardly the first time that a song has only been available to a single platform; GH2 had ten songs and additional DLC unique to the 360, and GH3 had the Halo Theme for 360 and The End Begins (To Rock) for the PS3. I realize that some people are understandably upset about not getting a new version of Free Bird, but that's no reason to take it out on the people that did .
Téa: (Thinking) Look at him undressing me with his eyes! I wonder what he's thinking...
Yami: (Thinking) MAN, I hate milkshakes! (Squeezes milkshake cup) Die, milkshake, die! That's right, milkshake: you have been defeated! Now you go to milkshake prison!
My guides: BIF 5* | Most Impulsive Expert Guide Ever | Guide to Writing Guides | NfMH 5* | Practice Mode | My Curse FC | GH3 Co-op Squeezing
Proud Christian
Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Freebird (DLC) will stay on the list. We have plenty of accomplished Wii players than can knock it off the list. It's a different chart and therefore deserves to be up there.

@BobDole: Most of the songs up there are not even hard to be honest. I think Freebird is probably the hardest. As you can see one of the songs is even a Taylor Swift song. It's just a matter of people buying and FCing them. I bought a few last night and plan on working on them. I did a few sightread runs and almost everything was FC'd ON sightread. So nothing too difficult.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@BobDole: Most of the songs up there are not even hard to be honest. I think Freebird is probably the hardest. As you can see one of the songs is even a Taylor Swift song. It's just a matter of people buying and FCing them. I bought a few last night and plan on working on them. I did a few sightread runs and almost everything was FC'd ON sightread. So nothing too difficult.

That's exactly what I expected anyway, I'm just saying that since I'm one of the few people who actually owns all of these songs (with the exception of new Free Bird obviously), I can and will be willing to help out with clearing out the easy ones. I would start working on them now but unfortunately my roommate is playing COD.

Quote:
Same rules apply here as on the RB side - 2 weeks for a song to be released before adding it to the list.

I just noticed this...and um, it's fine I guess but it's also wrong. What I mean by that is that if you want to do 2 weeks that's fine but this is not the same as on the Rock Band side...I use a 1 week rule for the guitar thread. You're thinking of the drum thread with the 2 week thing.

Davers  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobDole wrote:

I just noticed this...and um, it's fine I guess but it's also wrong. What I mean by that is that if you want to do 2 weeks that's fine but this is not the same as on the Rock Band side...I use a 1 week rule for the guitar thread. You're thinking of the drum thread with the 2 week thing.

Yeah, I think I read that in the drum thread and just got it mixed up. I read both threads often and just got confused :P I'm going to keep it at two weeks though since it seems it takes DLC longer to get downloaded and FC'd on this side of the forums. Even with a thread like this, I highly doubt it will motivate people to download songs just so they don't make it on the list
MehPlusRawr  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask for a banner for people who take songs off this list.

I approve of this thread, I've been wanting one of them.

Also, no wonder the Swift song is still here. Who would want to play it? :S (Except MVK, who said that he <3ed Taylor Swift)
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisoncrz alredy fcd these songz
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just fced Paddy's Lament and Our Song. (pic in a few, doing Geeks were right)

Taylor Swift probably had the hardest song on the list

edit:
Paddy's Lament
Our Song
The Geeks Were Right
How To Handle A Rope

those are the only ones I own, or I'd just Fc all of 'em :P

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often

Last edited by ElementOfZero on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
ace5993  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really see a need for this list but whatever. I have already FC'd Sample in a Jar (sightread), and I'm sure all of these songs have been done by people not on Scorehero.
BobDole  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT FOR CLARITY/THE BIG PICTURE: The combination of ElementOfZero's post and mine knocked out everything but the new Free Bird and Let Love Rule. So the list is down to 2. I have proofs for 11 of them, ElementOfZero has a few proofs, including 1 that I didn't play because I saw his post before I did (all the rest of his are ones that I also did). This means that there only 2 un-FCed guitar songs now, Let Love Rule and Free Bird. Both are fairly difficult songs (Let Love Rule has the saxophone solo charted and Free Bird is Free Bird) though nothing that the better players couldn't handle obviously. Hope to see them both FCed shortly.

FCed the following:

--Our Song (took like 4 tries because I wasn't aware that when you have two identical notes and the first one's a hammer-on, it is absolutely NOT ok to strum the hammer-on in the GH5 engine)
--Do What You Want (actually had a moderately fast trill in it; got a little lucky to get sightread)
--Prodigal Son (Live) (this song is AWFUL no wonder it hadn't been FCed)
--(No More) Paddy's Lament (this song was actually pretty enjoyable)
--How to Handle A Rope (bullshit trill at the end...like seriously, what are they even charting?)
--Sample in a Jar (this song was actually somewhat hard; didn't somebody FC the whole Phish pack though?)

Note: I had Our Song and Paddy's Lament before ElementOfZero's post, but it doesn't matter anyway I guess.

Proofs:

Sample In A Jar (Live) FC on video
Fight! Smash! Win! FC on video
(No More) Paddy's Lament
Do What You Want
Gimme Three Steps
How to Handle A Rope
Our Song
Prodigal Son (Live)
Somewhere in the World It's Midnight
Until the End
When She Comes to Me

EDIT3: Sightread FCed When She Comes to Me.
EDIT4: Until The End FC.
EDIT5: Somewhere in the World It's Midnight FC (I think this band's mind was blown by the concept of time zones or something).
EDIT6: Fight! Smash! Win! FC (I'm actually very proud of this--it has some tough strumming in the solo, though I'm sure elite players wouldn't find it hard)
EDIT7: Gimme Three Steps sightread FC (easy easy, I'm sure if it was really un-FCed it's only because it was new)

EDIT: Even if none of these songs had been FCed, the list is now these 2 songs:

"Freebird (DLC)" by Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Let Love Rule" by Lenny Kravitz

Like ace5993 said and toymachine alluded to, some or all of these songs may already have been done, but at worst it's only at 2 songs now.

I should tell you guys that Let Love Rule isn't as easy as you would assume--the saxophone solo is charted and there's some tough trills (nothing elite players couldn't handle, but I'm not at all surprised that nobody has done it yet).

I think I'm done now; Let Love Rule is probably too hard for me and I can't even play the new Free Bird.

Davers  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

Wow, BobDole tore into this thread like crazy. So far between him and ElementOfZero, we only have two songs left out of 13. Thanks guys The update in the OP was kinda painful but it should be easier now that I have the basic layout done.

I say 13 songs now because ace5993 has brought to my attention that he did in fact FC Sample in a Jar (Live). I remember seeing the photo of the FC in his accomplishment thread not too long ago. So I've removed it from the list but went ahead and posted BobDole's video in the video reference section in the OP.

BobDole FC'd 7 songs from the list. ElementOfZero FC'd 4 songs. Great start to get this thing going. Hopefully, we won't have too add too many songs to the list again

toymachine wrote:

elisoncrz alredy fcd these songz

That might be. I honestly didn't look on Youtube to try and find every video of every FC since it was a large list. But for the sake of this thread, I'm going to give credit to BobDole and ElementOfZero for the FCs unless others want me to change it.

ace5993 wrote:
I don't really see a need for this list but whatever. I have already FC'd Sample in a Jar (sightread)

I remember you posting your pictures of the Phish pack now that you mention it. I've removed the song from the list which knocks the list from 14 songs to 13. Thanks for reminding me

BobDole wrote:
Note: I had Our Song and Paddy's Lament before ElementOfZero's post, but it doesn't matter anyway I guess.

I'm going to give credit to Element for those FCs since he did post proof before you. However, I think with your other 7 songs, you probably don't care. lol

Hmm....I think that's it for right now. Let's knock these other two songs off the "list" before it makes the official LIST
BobDole  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want I can help you fill up that videos section (I have videos of everything except for The Geeks Were Right, which I could probably do tomorrow anyway).

Quote:
That might be. I honestly didn't look on Youtube to try and find every video of every FC since it was a large list. But for the sake of this thread, I'm going to give credit to BobDole and ElementOfZero for the FCs unless others want me to change it.

I typed that guy's name into YouTube and apparently he has FCed at least some of these songs, but given that we've taken care of everything except for two songs (neither of which he has FCed as far as I can tell) it really doesn't matter.

Quote:
I remember you posting your pictures of the Phish pack now that you mention it. I've removed the song from the list which knocks the list from 14 songs to 13. Thanks for reminding me

THAT'S who it was (ace5993) who had that Phish pack FC that I thought I remembered.

Quote:
I'm going to give credit to Element for those FCs since he did post proof before you. However, I think with your other 7 songs, you probably don't care. lol

Yeah, technically I'm positive that I beat him to everything except for The Geeks Were Right which I never even played (because I had done the other songs a little bit before he posted*), but I really don't care.

*Note: If I really cared I COULD prove this statement, because my alarm clock is visible next to my TV in the videos.

Now let's look at the two songs left. These are not nor are they meant to be full-fledged descriptions (that's for you to handle if it becomes necessary).

Let Love Rule has two fast trills, one of which is simply a YB and one of which moves quite a bit. I'd say they feel kinda like No One to Depend On (Live) speed. There are also some other moderately hard parts after the trills and another (much slower/easier) BO trill near the end. I don't think it's totally out of the question for me to FC it, but I'm probably not going to work on it.

As for Free Bird...well I'll be honest here, I haven't even seen the new chart of this. I've heard that it's easier than the Smash Hits version, but I'm sure it's still pretty difficult. It's also still a really long song with a really long solo at the end. Obviously I couldn't work on this even if I wanted to.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd buy the Kravits song if I knew the drums were good. But, I doubt there's a video on it anywhere.

edit: found vid, nvm. I may get the song.

As for Freebird, should that really count? If the exclusive DLC on the RB song was never added to the lists until an official release why would we include a Wii only track?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: