ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
evybabee: 3 new fc's, 24 expert fc's total + 5 new videos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
evybabee  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
Ouch

Luckily DVD drives on ebay are only 20-25 bucks

If you know how to mod an xbox, you should be able to swap a DVD drive.

Also, playing a legit game on a modded xbox on Live should be fine. That's what I'm doing right now and haven't had any problems.

I've made all my own backups too and haven't had any issues with those either. At least if you were to get banned... it's the xbox and not the Xbox Live Account.

thank you for the advice mdawg! i'm just going to send them into xbox and let them fix it properly. are you sure that i can go on xbl tho? this xbox was modded over a year ago, so i didn't know if i needed to get some kind of update for it. it has the old xbox interface and not the NXE installed, and i don't have any back-ups either. if you are certain that it would be the xbox and not any of the profiles associated with it that might get banned, then i might go for it anyway-- since i use the modded xbox is for customs only. thanks again for your help :]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: evybabee
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah if you're using an original... there's really no issues at all.

If you were using a backup, it would need to be updated to iXtreme 1.6/1.61 in order to play the newer backups.

I made 2 copies of my original DJ Hero game for myself just incase (And what do you know... I actually cracked my disc ... I bought a second though... it's just not here yet. I've been using the backup until the new one I bought on ebay shows up) and haven't had any issues with live.

As long as it's some sort of version of iXtreme, you'll be fine. If it's an older version of the iXtreme firmware, I'd stick to originals only, or you might get hit with the banhammer. Fortunately though, I think M$ is done banning users for the year. They usually only hit people once a year right around Thanksgiving (go figured... more christmas sales for them)

But yeah... I can confirm the ban is Xbox-related only. I was actually banned on my first xbox back in 2006 which I actually unbanned by using the CPU key to swap the KeyVault with a completely dead xbox. My account was not affected by it at all. I just bought a new xbox and popped my hard drive on.

Then again, if you were interested in homebrew, that box is probably still capable if it has the old dashboard. Once you update, that capability is gone If you don't give a crap about homebrew though, go for it.

I've been a member of xbox-scene.com for quite some time, so I know a lot about the xbox/xbox 360 in general as far as fixing/modding/homebrew goes.

EDIT: Just a quick explanation of why they ban consoles and not profiles:

If they were to ban one profile, all you would need to do to get back on live would be sign right back up. And if you were a silver user... that's pointless because silver accounts are free. They'd also have to somehow ban the other profiles on the xbox as well, which wouldn't be nearly as easy.

Second reason is because people share. You might have an xbox, and I might have an xbox. When you come over my house, you might want to play a game that you have and I don't, but also want to bring all the content along with you.

If you were to play on my modded xbox, why should they ban your profile when it's my xbox and I'm the one who modded it, not you? That's probably the main reason they ban the console. There would be a lot of angry users if that were the case.

Same reason they don't use IP bans. If I were to bring my xbox over your house, it would be pointless to ban the IP because I'd just go home and you would be the one that got screwed over. Then again... disguising an IP address is extremely easy these days. Even changing your IP address is extremely simple...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
Yeah if you're using an original... there's really no issues at all.

If you were using a backup, it would need to be updated to iXtreme 1.6/1.61 in order to play the newer backups.

I made 2 copies of my original DJ Hero game for myself just incase (And what do you know... I actually cracked my disc ... I bought a second though... it's just not here yet. I've been using the backup until the new one I bought on ebay shows up) and haven't had any issues with live.

As long as it's some sort of version of iXtreme, you'll be fine. If it's an older version of the iXtreme firmware, I'd stick to originals only, or you might get hit with the banhammer. Fortunately though, I think M$ is done banning users for the year. They usually only hit people once a year right around Thanksgiving (go figured... more christmas sales for them)

But yeah... I can confirm the ban is Xbox-related only. I was actually banned on my first xbox back in 2006 which I actually unbanned by using the CPU key to swap the KeyVault with a completely dead xbox. My account was not affected by it at all. I just bought a new xbox and popped my hard drive on.

Then again, if you were interested in homebrew, that box is probably still capable if it has the old dashboard. Once you update, that capability is gone If you don't give a crap about homebrew though, go for it.

I've been a member of xbox-scene.com for quite some time, so I know a lot about the xbox/xbox 360 in general as far as fixing/modding/homebrew goes.

EDIT: Just a quick explanation of why they ban consoles and not profiles:

If they were to ban one profile, all you would need to do to get back on live would be sign right back up. And if you were a silver user... that's pointless because silver accounts are free. They'd also have to somehow ban the other profiles on the xbox as well, which wouldn't be nearly as easy.

Second reason is because people share. You might have an xbox, and I might have an xbox. When you come over my house, you might want to play a game that you have and I don't, but also want to bring all the content along with you.

If you were to play on my modded xbox, why should they ban your profile when it's my xbox and I'm the one who modded it, not you? That's probably the main reason they ban the console. There would be a lot of angry users if that were the case.

Same reason they don't use IP bans. If I were to bring my xbox over your house, it would be pointless to ban the IP because I'd just go home and you would be the one that got screwed over. Then again... disguising an IP address is extremely easy these days. Even changing your IP address is extremely simple...

i really have no idea what version this xbox was modded with, it was a birthday gift from a friend. i think i'll give it a shot, i'll let you know how it goes. really great info, can't thank you enough!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: evybabee
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP.

Wouldn't want to see you miss some competitive leaderboard action due to a modded xbox haha.

You're gonna have to download that 128mb NXE update though....

Thank god for my connection... It took me less than 2 minutes to download.

Unfortunately my ex-girlfriend's took about 20 minutes on DSL (lol DSL...)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mDaWg wrote:
Thank god for my connection... It took me less than 2 minutes to download.

Unfortunately my ex-girlfriend's took about 20 minutes on DSL (lol DSL...)

... and DSL always advertises how fast it is. -_- Failwhale.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: nyt3lyt3 ICQ Number
evybabee  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

update: so i haven't had any problems on XBL, and surprisingly, i haven't had to update to the NXE either. thanks to mdawg for all the info.
evybabee  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really busy with travel and stuff, so I hadn't played any DJ Hero at all since before xmas... but I started playing again around a week and a half ago. It's always a nice surprise when you somehow manage to get better at a game when you haven't been practicing at all! I've been playing a lot, and I added 6 more fc's to my list, and I've also added another 800k+ in points to my career total. I haven't had the energy to make any new videos, but hopefully soon.

new fc's
  • izzo vs. i want you back
  • hollaback girl vs. give it to me
  • shut 'em down vs. where it's at
  • put your hands up vs. i can't stop
  • jayou vs. big beat
  • izzo vs. my name is
x2fr  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, good to see you back and posting! Congrats on the new FCs!

Wulfgrenade (real band)
http://www.wulfgrenade.com

The Gurn Killers win the Harrah's $10K Rock Band Tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PsAmMa6YQ4
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x2fr PSN Name: x2fr
evybabee  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2fr wrote:
Nice, good to see you back and posting! Congrats on the new FCs!

thanks x2fr, it will be a long time if ever i catch-up to you though! ;)
evybabee  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fc'ed a few more songs
  1. ain't no love vs. how do u want it
  2. day 'n nite vs. boom boom pow
  3. hella good vs. television rules the nation

also realized that i never had insane in the brain vs. spooky in my list of fc's even though i first fc'ed it on Dec. 5th.

i made 5 new expert hands videos:
941k on sexy chick
685k on rockit vs. lapdance
662k on paper planes vs. eric b is president
623k on izzo vs. i want you back
838k on can't truss it vs. dare

expert fc's
  1. ain't no love vs. fuzz and them
  2. another one bites the dust vs. da funk
  3. born to roll vs mr. big stuff
  4. i want you back vs. semi-charmed life
  5. zulu nation vs. get down
  6. disturbia vs. disco inferno
  7. shout vs. pjanoo
  8. we will rock you vs. robot rock
  9. ice ice baby vs. u can't touch this
  10. i heard it through the grapevine vs. feel good inc
  11. hollaback girl vs. feel good inc.
  12. poison vs. word up
  13. disturbia vs. control
  14. shout vs. six days
  15. izzo vs. i want you back
  16. hollaback girl vs. give it to me
  17. shut 'em down vs. where it's at
  18. put your hands up vs. i can't stop
  19. jayou vs. big beat
  20. izzo vs. my name is
  21. insane in the brain vs. spooky
  22. ain't no love vs. how do u want it
  23. day 'n nite vs. boom boom pow
  24. hella good vs. television rules the nation
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry that this is kinda off topic, but I watched you playing poker on TV and you were doing the butterfly chip thing and I spent so long trying to learn how to do it cause I thought it looked super badass. Whenever I play poker, that's pretty much what I'm doing all the time with chips haha.

I honestly haven't ever played DJ hero, so I'll just assume that your scores are excellent, good luck with uh... DJing

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
evybabee  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi lemonmeringue :]

the butterfly trick is not that easy.. it takes a lot of practice to drop the middle chips down without dropping them. i actually don't do it much at the poker table unless someone asks me to do it. i usually do other more 'fidgetty' tricks.. which is bad cuz once you start, you can pretty much never not do it lol.

anyway good luck, if you're any good at GH then you can probably get the hang of it

LemonMeringue wrote:
Sorry that this is kinda off topic, but I watched you playing poker on TV and you were doing the butterfly chip thing and I spent so long trying to learn how to do it cause I thought it looked super badass. Whenever I play poker, that's pretty much what I'm doing all the time with chips haha.

I honestly haven't ever played DJ hero, so I'll just assume that your scores are excellent, good luck with uh... DJing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> DJ Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: