Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The AP Test Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LethalFishEater  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:21 am    Post subject: The AP Test Thread Reply with quote

Figured the week prior would be a good time to make bump this, since we'll all be too busy test taking in the coming weeks. :p

What tests are taking, how are you preparing, how do you feel about them, etc. Let the discussion begin, hopefully. Senior here, so it's my last set of APs, woo.
>tfw you will never have as many posts as bjw ;_;

Last edited by LethalFishEater on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FoshOtter
Parama  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP Physics on May 10th. I have my semester final in May 3rd too (which is still several weeks before the semester ends, go figure.)
At least Physics isn't THAT hard. Hopefully I do good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I remember reading last year's thread, wondering what AP tests were like. First one this year, AP World History. I've read about half of the book (various places) so not sure how I'll do. So if anyone who took the test last year wants to shoot me some advice, feel free.
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stats - will get a 5, completely destroyed the practice exam
Java - maybe a 4?
Bio - 4 hopefully
Physics - I took this class online, which seriously decreased my motivation, to the point of almost 0. I really hope I don't get a 1 on this test.

\m/
blackhawk12  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got AP US History and Calc BC. APUSH is just... stupid. The class was poorly taught and studying is a nightmare. As for the Calc test, I've put that off for a year or two, so I'm not so sure how well I'll do. All I know is that this next two weeks is going to be hell. In addition to those test on the 5th and 7th, I have to keep up (rather, catch up) on every single other thing that I've missed.

Next year I'll be taking AP English, Physics, kinda Math (nothing beyond Calc 3 at my school, lol), and Gov.

My GH Acc. Thread |
TheThirdDay wrote:
Personally, I can't wait for March 20th: Blowjob, steak, and shut the fuck up day.
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackhawk12 wrote:
APUSH is just... stupid. The class was poorly taught and studying is a nightmare

This. APUSH is all I'm taking this year and I'm absolutely screwed. I'm just shooting for a not-1

Next year I'm taking AP Computer Science, Japanese, and Calculus AB

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
CTangent  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty screwed for Physics C this year. I might get a 2 on the Electricity and Magnetism section. Maybe.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth. ~Oscar Wilde
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I'm not one of you smart kids, but I do have my senior AP English exam in a couple weeks. I got a 4 last year without attempting to do well, so I'm aiming for a 5 this time since I am actually putting effort into it. Probably will still end up with a 4 though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, way to use my thread from last year. >_>

Anyway, I'm taking the APUSH test this year. I got a 5 on the practice test, so I'm hoping it carries over.

Check out my Youtube channel!
We have a Dead Space 2 Hardcore run coming out very shortly, an ongoing Portal Let's Play, an ongoing Super Mario RPG Let's Play, AND a Max Payne Let's Play in the works. Be a hipster! Follow Full Grown Gaming before most people do!
InjuredStatus  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP Statistics, APUSH, AP Physics B, and AP Chemistry.

Pretty confident I'll get a 5 on Physics and Stat. The other exams I'd be happy to get a 3 on (hopefully a 4).
iceefudgesickle  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a sophomore and taking the European History exam next Friday. It's my first AP exam, so I'm a bit nervous about the DBQs and FRQs, but I know the stuff very well, and apparently the actual exam is a lot easier than you think it will be, so I'm confident that I'll get a 5 - if not, I won't be all too disappointed, though.

I want to take AP English Language, APUSH and AP Psych next year. The problem is that I probably won't end up getting to be in Psych because it's limited class size, but I'm planning on taking several APs my Senior year too so even if I can't get in the class I still want to study on my own and take the test next year. So my question is to anyone who's taken Psych, is it a good idea to study on my own if I've never taken a Psych course before? I've heard it's a fairly easy AP but I'd like to get some differing opinions.

bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorasgoof wrote:
Wow, way to use my thread from last year. >_>

There were also AP test threads made in 2008 and 2007. Way to use those ones.

blackhawk12 wrote:
As for the Calc test, I've put that off for a year or two, so I'm not so sure how well I'll do.

Don't worry too much about it. Obviously you should review, but the Calculus exams are famous for their general ease. The BC curve in particular is xbox huge. In fact, the Calculus exam is probably easier than Statistics. Yeah, Calculus can have some rough spots here and there, but really, it's just derivatives and integrals (and if you're doing BC, a few other topics on the side). I feel that the concepts in Statistics are a little more difficult to wrap your head around, especially if you don't prepare thoroughly and go in guns blazing.
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP Government - should get no less than a 3 because our teacher is really good.

AP Literature - lol, just praying for a 3 because i cant stand english/literature class

AP Chemistry - should do pretty well on this one because our teacher took the approach of not teaching anything, and only giving us old ap tests to do

AP Calc AB - this one will be easy because I absolutely love math
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CP=AP for my school.

I actually lucked out this year and have no finals whatsoever.

Last year had 2 and they were pretty simple for a sophmore final.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Statistics: No way I won't get a 5 on this test. I've gotten 100% on the 3 practice multiple choice tests I've taken, and I did all of the free responses from as far back as 2004 and never lost more than 2 points on a whole year's set.

English Lit: Definite 4, probably a 5. I've done 5 multiple choice tests, all of which I did really well on. It's looking like if I get at least a 6 on all three essays then a 5 is in the bag.

Physics C Mechanics: Probably a 4. Multiple choice for Physics is so easy, yet the free responses are so hard. Not to mention my teacher is terrible.

Chemistry: I've done amazingly well in Chemistry all year, yet for whatever reason I just don't feel as prepared as I probably am. Still, I feel like I'll get a 4 no matter a what, and a 5 should happen after I review over these next two weeks.

Psychology: Should have taken it last year when I actually took psychology, but my parents were brats about it since it was just a normal psych course (though two of my friends took it and both got 5s, and also had lower grades in the class than me). I'm doing heavy review these next two weeks. 4 will be good enough.

If get at least all 4s (which I should) then I will get the National AP Scholar award. Also, finishing this will give me ten AP tests under my belt for all of high school. Seems like a lot haha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 1 of 24

Jump to: