ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Concerning the Star Power system in GH5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Concerning the Star Power system in GH5 Reply with quote

Okay, several questions concerning the GH5 Band SP engine:

1. Does it work like in GHWT (2 phrases for 1 light bulb), or is it completely different?

2. How big is the SP pool?

3. Does an activation still last exactly 4 measures no matter what?

4. Is there still a band multiplier if you activate SP at the same time?

5. Do you still inexplicably get extra points when you get a band streak?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. No. Each player now has their own SP. A la Rock Band.
2. The same as single player, per person.
3. Duration appears to behave the same as it would in single player.
4. Yes, up to x11. With the benefit received from "Band Moments".
5. No, not that I've noticed, but I haven't played much band so far.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 & 2. There is no SP pool, each member has his own SP (pretty much like in Rock Band). SP collection works the same as in single player, with one exception that if your meter is full, it "spills over" into other players' meters.

3. No, it lasts as long as it normally would depending on how much SP is in your personal meter.

4. Each person in the band at 4x single multiplier adds 1x to the band multiplier - if all four members are at 4x, the band multiplier is 4x (so therefore each note hit is 16x). Every person using SP adds another 1x to this, so all four members at 4x and under SP will have a band multiplier of 8x (and individual multipliers at 8x, incidentally). As far as I understand "band moments", if a band moment is activated then it adds (number of players - 1)x to the multiplier (so all players at 4x with SP and a band moment active will have a band multiplier of 11x, the maximum).

5. I don't think so, band streaks seem to work really oddly in this game but it never does the "Streak" or the orange outlines for simple band streaks so I doubt you get extra points for it.
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, thanks a lot.

So, if I understand correctly, a path for a 4-guitar band would be the exact same as the single player path?

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Reakt00r  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Alright, thanks a lot.

So, if I understand correctly, a path for a 4-guitar band would be the exact same as the single player path?

I only know that in some songs, for example (only one I can remember at the moment) Electro Rock, two of the star power phrases have been changed to band moment phrases.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Reakt00r PSN Name: Reakt00r
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Alright, thanks a lot.

in terms of pathing that would be the same yes, because each players are playing the same notes. its just the calculate method would be a bit tricky i think. you have to calculate the band multiplayer and the band moments IF they appears. if you get a band moment, which dont appear in single player mode, you have to calculate the band multiplayer at 8x (i think its a +3x). and i dont know if they are always at the same places (most possible theory) or they are totally random (that would really surprize me). thats if you play 4 peoples with the same instruments. if you mix up instrument, i have no idea..

Barfo had a really good text about it. didnt you read about it ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screw those band moments. Unless there's a way of knowing when they're gonna occur, I'm not gonna path FB.

Thanks everybody for replying.

JCM08  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also worth mentioning that, should one player have a full bar of SP, and he(or she) collects more, they will gift the other band members SP.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

band moments are at the same spots for each song, their locations are not random. its just a simple midi notation, similar to how they mark SP. theres a small delay, im not exactly sure how long, from the end of the band moment to when it activates the BM, but all BMs last for 8 measures. if there is a BM phrase over an SP phrase, the BM phrase WILL override the SP phrase, so you cant always use the same single player path for a 4x same instrument band (except vocals, which isnt affected by the SP override)

also, in terms of band multiplier, its best to look at it as a way to tack on extra multipliers since 2 and 3 player bands are now possible.

for each person at 4x beyond the first, you tack on +1 to the multiplier. Just like WT, activatibg SP solo only benefits you. with two people active, its +2 to the multiplier, and then an additional +1 for each additional band member under SP. BMs add +1 to the multiplier for each member past the first.

so for you, in the case of a FBFC, a 4x will be constant. when two people activate together, the multiplier goes to 6x, then 7x if another activates, then 8x when everyones activated. because you're in a 4 player band, succesful BMs will always give +3 to the multiplier.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: