Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's great to hear you got BH for the PS2, so you should be fine to grab the FSFC whenever you can

Until then, just focus on getting better. I know I finished off GH5 with a cold so talk about pot calling the kettle black; that said, we'll be here for you in your final stages

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, always nice to watch you perform. My throat has been hurting a bit the past few days, but I just had to get that Metallica FGFC before leaving home. Couldn't bear the thought of being so close to it and having to wait three days before being able to wrap it all up. If it's your favorite song in the game to sing, you should go for all green flashes on it sometime when you're not sick. And just for the record, you do have a full understanding of why I wasn't looking forward to playing that song at first, don't you?

Also, at 1:13 and 1:20 in the vid, Yuna looks like she's giving the finger.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback, as always!

Wooffus - I remember that, but my throat is really hurting and I can't do all of that work like that, especially on "ABC", which will be undoubtedly the hardest FC I'll ever go for on the PS2 engine. But the pain isn't only physical, but it's psychological too, due to the worry about the people working on the neighborhood. "Will they be able to hear me doing that shitty falsetto of mine?" and such.

Chaosfreak - Sometimes, I choose for waiting because it'll feel better to me, instead of playing under the fear of paying a high price for the greed. "Spiderwebs" isn't THE song I was looking forward to sing, back when I tried GHWT for the 1st time, but hell, I realized it's an awesome song, and tried it, replayed it, improved on it. And realized how fun that song is to sing (No Doubt songs are fun to sing, period). Maybe you could've realized it too It's not that hard (seriously, what the hell is that song doing on 71 on the breakdown, right below "Misery Business", with just Gwen Stefani being used as "explanation"?). About all green flashes, I'm afraid it can't happen for me. I suck so much at this task, that it isn't even funny.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After dealing with some stuff that will keep me from fulfilling the original upload schedule (Thursdays), I had to change my course. There goes the explanation for this and the downfall on my SH activity, so you better read this, especially you, Wooffus!

As if it wasn't enough not having connection at home, the employees of the uni I'm studying at have started a strike at last Friday, and will keep it up for undetermined time. So this means that pretty much everything but the classrooms (there are still classes) is closed, meaning that I won't be able to use the Internet there. Also, the lanhouse near the uni doesn't admit USB ports so easily, so I can't upload vids from there. So, I'll change the upload date, from now on, to Tuesdays, when I'm at home tonight, and can use the working place's computer to do my stuff.

So, this is the video for this week. The title should suggest something funny. No, its not the fact that I'm singing a Hendrix song. It's a lyric mistake that even I can't explain. You'll see it.

"The Wind Cries Mary" XVox FC

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The flames...it has blown...in the past?"

Haha, that is funny now that I see it.

But were you just playing around while recording?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair I never knew about the strike until you told me earlier, which is making me feel ridiculously guilty now. But at least I know what's happening with you, so I can understand how your time is now ridiculously cut short.

Still loved the vid yesterday, lyric muddle or not

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - Yessir, I was really playing around, pretty much to show how big my consistency with this song is. I felt it was way way better if I let "the game come to me", instead of thinking about 87276187167814 things related to performance or shit. Just let it go naturally. Mr. Green

Wooffus - Now that you know about my limitations, no need to worry about that anymore. And thanks for the words about the video!

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post FTL, but this is an update. Oh, and I stickied on the OP the reason of the decrease of my activity on SH and IRC, so I won't need to worry about going insane by saying the same thing all over again, nor being accused from being no more the supportive member that they knew.

On a pun about the song for this week's video, "I nearly lost" the patience while trying to record this one, even being an easy song to score and such. The video's description should say it all, so I won't say the same thing twice. Enjoy!

"Nearly Lost You" XVox FC

Also, looks like I finally found a measure to take upon the undesired problem that is keeping me from grinding the rest of Band Hero. It's a simple measure, but you'll see soon enough.

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That vid was fun to watch. Pretty cool song for what it is.

And that song you used in the intro there, feels soft and mellow. (wow, I need to find better terms to use. )

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chaosfreak - I actually ended up picking a song that suits the situation. I was shy to belt out because of the circumstances, and the song is kinda suitable for the unhappiness of wasting a relatively great performance.

On a measure to avoid pressure, I waited for the right moment to update this. After so much teasing and hesitation, I finally deliver you the results of my first sessions playing Band Hero on PS2. So far, I got 8 out of the 21 FCs that I need for the Full-Series FC either through PS2 or 360 (where I still got some really harder songs, as it was previously documented). Before, I might as well give the engine my impression.

Whoever is experienced with the PS2 version of the "band era" games might say that the BH has arguably the most enfuriating PS2 engine in the series. With a pitch detection at least a bit stricter than GH5 (a 2-tries Superstition FC should mean something after all), and no compensation at all because of a still jumpy comet (which costed me a buttload of Rock Star FC chances on the last pitched section, including one on the last pitched phrase!), this engine seems to have been made to say "Go upgrade to the next gen NOW!" to those very casual vocalists.

As you can see, I didn't use SP at all except for Rock Star, where I was really curious. No score is getting submitted on SH, so don't worry. I got an awesome mental improvement by getting rid of some of these songs. ABC (hardest FC I ever got on PS2, no doubt), Y.M.C.A. and Rock Star were the most painful ones. Steal My Kisses took 3 tries. The problem was the short phrases, and the fact that I had to sing the song one octave higher to have the comet steady.

Tomorrow, I should get rid of The Impression That I Get, first of all. I loved baritone singing on 360, I fucking hate it on PS2. I simply can't, because the tone I generate is quite hated by the glitchy engine. So, I guess that I should take this one down quickly if I take courage and submit myself to another testicle-smashing session like on Steal My Kisses.

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You did Steal My Kisses an octave higher? As in, you sung like Justin Bieber?

Wut?!

Also, way to go on ABC as well! I don't care what others say, that's clearly the most difficult song on vocals for the entire series! If you can get that, then it's fast approaching game over

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see why you were curious about Rock star so many phrases, that has to give you some wtf-score xD!

Not bad about those fcs Ready to smash your testicles again ?? gogogogo ! rofl x) and good luck for the last songs ^^
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, ABC...anything BUT easy as 1-2-3 Yay for bringing it down. ;)

And zomg at that large Rock Star score. It doesn't deserve to have all those phrases split in half

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you got ABC, you got everything, great job

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Rtsdeathreaper  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the rest of the songs, can't wait to see the FSFC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 81 of 92

Jump to: