Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dr00bles  

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain, isn't it your birthday today too or something?

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, no problem at all, since you don't mention things I'd never do, such as ignoring the fact that you did my request (since when I ever did that? )

Anyway, congrats on the Aerosmith pack FC! I knew that'd be coming soon or later, but the fact that it came quickly was really awesome.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dance, little tin goddess, dance!

The memory will certainly remain, if you know what i'm talking about. ;)

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wow, a FSFC and now you're dominating the DLC O__O What cant you do?!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RTS Deathreaper
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for the responses: will reply back before preparing to broadcast live again

dr00bles: I'm glad you liked the vid, and I'm equally as flattered for you to promote it in your own acc. thread too Neveretheless, I hope you and Arvain both had a great day yesterday, you two deserved to be kings of the world for a day.
In regards to your query about wanting to see Hetfield try out GH vocals, it'll be a first if we see a professional musician succeed with one of their songs, so i won't be too surprised if he falls flat on his face!!

arvain: You experienced that glitch too? Heh, I think with this substantial evidence we should've brought it up to the bug testing department at Neversoft or something. As for bass tracks, I don't know if any others would give me trouble as I went for the shortest/highest intensified tracks first, but we'll see, so thanks for that too, and hope you had a great day yesterday as well!

Tidus: I don't know about "quickly" given the amount of time struggling to get through "Rag Doll", but oh well. I'm glad I understood your situation a lot better and that we're still great friends, and after the insight of the past week, I bleedin' well hope that this whiplash doesn't happen again X_x

chaosfreak: The memory *will* remain, especially one as powerful as *that*. Yes, I do know what you're talking about!

Rtsdeathreaper: What I can't do? I bet I still can't play drums to save my life (though my recent OMBs are showing that I'm trying lol), and I also bet that I'll never pass "Fury of the Storm" in GH6, on guitar of course. The Neversoft guys sounded as if they really wanted to go all out

On this note, I'm going to set up my stream in the next 2 hours. My thread title will be updated once it's up and running for your viewing pleasure. Heck, not even I know what to expect, so be ready for anything

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the stream came and went and this was shoved down to page 2. Not a problem there.

Anyway, since us Wii folk got the BH/Disney stuff early and others get it tomorrow, this is where my key coverage for this update will come in. Vocalists that want to know what they're in for should look 'em up right now.

---

Update: May 24th 2010

Video Features:

Van Halen: Atomic Punk
DLC (Band Hero / Disney): 7 Things | Falling Down | Here We Go Again (YT | DM)

A new week, and a bunch more vids and progress for you!
When throwing around potential ideas on what song to get on vid for dr00bles's birthday last week (thanks again for promoting the "Memory Remains" run in your *own* thread!), one of Werelord's suggestions was to get a run on "American Pie" together (unknowing that I already had), though he only gave me the song initials and I somehow misinterpreted as *this* particular Van Halen number. It's so stupid it's fun, though not the most stupidest on the disc, far from it - could be tricky later though, but as long as you got the endurance, then there we go.

As for the other vids, it's the Band Hero pack. Yes, most people will be able to try them for themselves as of tomorrow, but Wii got it early (bad joke!) - in fact, at the same time as the Aerosmith pack. So I've no idea what will happen to us this week while they are given their doses of Miley and co. Anyway, here's my thoughts in regards to all three tracks.

7 Things - Miley sung so fast here that I found it hard to dictate much later on. There are also a couple of short phrases in the first and second verses though that might trip you up, but otherwise this song isn't so much of a big deal. It was tricky to learn, but once you have it, executing should be absolutely fine.

Falling Down - Ow, this song sounds really bad to me. >_> Luckily I got the run here on my first take, but you gotta be mindful of which sections go up a semitone before they catch you out into a 'solid'. So I can say it's not all that much fun to listen or to play, as far as I'm concerned.

Here We Go Again - Probably the most fun in the pack even though it was the middle intensified of the lot. Challenging without anything that makes it unfair, not to mention that there's even room to do good dictations if you keep your mind to it and remember what variations come where. I only tripped up once when getting it on film, so yeah. :P

Overall they're more of a recommendation if you can tolerate the tracks. They're all a bunch of lively songs for full band though, and thus I think the drummers and vocalists will probably get the best deal with it, though don't quote me on that. Regardless, the tracks have their audience and that's that, so if you want to go for them, then go for them.

Once again thanks for visiting my stream last Friday. I'll run through the log in case you missed anything:

1. I was under persuasion to handle Expert Drums for the first hour, all in Band Hero. Runs were done on "Rio" (party play, and I fell apart in the intro and choruses!), "Black Cat", "Wannabe" (probable OMBFC?), "Oh Pretty Woman" (likewise?), "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly track pack, party play, fell apart in the breakdown), "Bring Me To Life", "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", "Paralyzer" (Kire beat my sightread score not long after!!), "Love is a Battlefield", "Whip It" and "Like Whoa".
  2. Then Kire was up for some co-op runs between us. Songs done were "Bring Me to Life", "Santeria" (WT Import), "Take What You Take", "Cult of Personality" (SH Import), "Naive" and "Obstacle 1" (WT Import, first ever run through the GH5 engine chart for me).
  3. Kire wanted me to then boot up GH5 and show off my "Twisted Goosewing" custom to Werelord. The heatwave from the past week didn't ensure in my best runs at all - a failure near the end and a second run that only resulted in four stars. But who cares...!
  4. Still wanting a FGFC on GH Van Halen, Werelord wanted help with the later sections of "Double Vision". So I booted it up, took it into practice and helped point out what to do for certain phrases.
  5. Kire also wanted help, albeit with a couple of songs in GH World Tour. So I tried to load it up in order to help him on "Beat It", but disc read errors meant that I couldn't even get into the song. I looked at the disc and I quickly came to the conclusion that I aught to get it cleaned.
  6. Luckily, "One Way or Another" was importable through GH5, so I booted up the song and tried to help him out with the "I'll trick ya" bits. Gogo FC, I know you can do it!
  7. And to finally FC this rather bizarre set for tonight, I attempt to FC "Spiderwebs" to finish off. And yay, huge success!

So that sums up pretty much what I've been doing in a nutshell.
One last thing - be sure to offer your thanks to parzrevenge for becoming the bearer of the 2nd documented Expert Vocals FGFC of Band Hero on the Wii! He's been at it for so long, and to see him cross that finish line gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling for the Wii community, so epic congratulations!

And now, it's time to wait through the week again. Will we get something different while everyone else gets the Disney stuff? I don't know, but I'm keen to wait and see.

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri May 28, 2010 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
kire  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

loved your videos, awesome as always

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So fast. So good.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're really nabbing those DLC FC's, huh? Keep it up, Bev, 'cause that's what I love to see!

Also, I did experience the Solid + SP/Excellent + no SP glitches too. And the most noticeable one is on my only The Spirit of Radio (Live) FC, the last SP phrase ("For the words of the prophets were written on the studio wall") didn't give me SP even with an Excellent. But that really sucks, if you're not just thinking on the FC that is

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yikes, after so much downtime I thought I'd reply before the server goes on the fritz again:

kire/Unnoftw: I guess a simple thanks will suffice here

Tidus: I know, I really hope this bug doesn't transfer over to GH6. Strangely, it took me a while to realise that I actually got a solid there - first I saw the star power, which had me thinking "phew, I got past that phrase", but when I saw that I got a solid I was all "wait, wtf just happened?" and left it at that. We need Neversoft's QA! >_> Thanks for your input too.

And now I bump for some of my progress over the past week. As I guessed, us Wii folk are taking a break this week, though I still managed to return to that fake plastic bass and fulfilled a request nevertheless.

---

Update: May 28th 2010

Video Features:
GH5: Blue Orchid
DLC: Shimmer and Shine (YT | DM)
BH Import: Bring Me to Life
Metallica: Ace of Spades

Four more vids for the end of the week!
The original octave run on "Blue Orchid" was long overdue, and it's hosted here now to finally prove that I am not a disgrace to the pipes of Jack White, far from it.
Talking of which, "Shimmer and Shine" now stands as the only Ben Harper song that I've managed to do in the original octave. Finally, something that fits my range a lot better, though it was still pretty damn nuts.
Since "Bring Me to Life" was the most noted song in last week's stream, here's a vox run on that too to show my consistency (and my hilariously bad pathing too).
And let's get a Metallica guest act out of the way too, if only for the epic lulz on "Ace of Spades" or some kind of Motorhead presence being required on each game. I wonder what will happen for GH6... :P

Anyway, since the other systems got the Disney pack, and us Wii folk taking a break for a week, it looks as if what other things I could takle had to fizzle out if only for a short time. So I took the time there to get more Band Hero bass FCs done:

There were some in which I did some silly chokes on before going ahead with the actual FCs, though I'd say the tracks that gave me the most trouble were "Naive" (crazy rhythms are crazy I guess) and "Put Your Records On" (that ending took way too long to get right). At least I'm sticking by my guns and going down the intensities until I know I'm coming closer and closer to a FGFC. Going well I see

And after that, I took a break and attended to another vox request I received recently:

Another song from the Fall of Troy track pack! It's more tuned to the scale than "Panic Attack!" was, but there were still some tricky short phrases in there, plus my soprano voice being tested for the ending. Had a load of fun with it, though I found it kinda amusing that I got the FC run through Band Hero. >_>

Anyway, I'll be streaming soon enough, so I'll update the thread title when I'm ready. Who knows what to expect this week - I certainly don't

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon May 31, 2010 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to thank you and all the others in the chatroom for the awesome evening yesterday.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm coming closer and closer to a FGFC. Going well I see

Indeed Please be another voxist to get a fgfc in another instrument on that game =D we need more..hmm... diversity ? .__.

giiirl put your records ooon, tell me your favourite sooong, just go ahead let your haiiiir dooooown !!

Huh ? oh sorry, singing some awesome song that you put in my head just now
Enginn  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're starting to shred those plastic buttons You definitely have potential, keep working on it!
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enginn wrote:
You're starting to shred those plastic buttons You definitely have potential, keep working on it!

This

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're gonna find yourself somewhere...somehow... =)

Had to say that

And what did you think of Naive with its abundance of star power? I found it rather amusing to watch the SP go on and on.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 27 of 49

Jump to: