ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
6/1/10 DLC - Stone Temple Pilots Track Pack

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: 6/1/10 DLC - Stone Temple Pilots Track Pack Reply with quote

The following songs are now up for score-tracking:
The 3-pack is available for $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points, or 550 Wii Points) and each track individually costs $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points, or 200 Wii Points). Available on the Xbox LIVE® Marketplace, PLAYSTATION®Network, and Wii™ Shop Channel.

Chart preview video links will be added as they become available. Enjoy!

Last edited by psxfreak101 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 am; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if STT is a repeat. this will be a blast to play in full band ! also Plush is a big win. this pack is worth every penny IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, the Sex Type Thing chart is the worst guitar chart out of any of the charts available for other rhythm games, but bass is good I suppose, and drums also.

If we were going to get a repeat, why not Vasoline? or Interstate Love Song? Or hell, even ToaHiaPH? Bleh oh well I guess. On guitar I felt slightly underwhelmed and the Plush chart has it's wonky bits, despite it being an incredible song.

Drums were meh for the most part, the only noteworthy drum track was Between the Lines and most of it was pretty boring, those fills were fun-ish though.

Now we've got all expert charts, but not necessarily at once if you know what I mean >_>

Sex Type Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXn8dpfjqTg

Between the Lines
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hShBG9FvPdA

Plush
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtCTT4wu3qs

Last edited by Elfson on Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

despite some dumb short phrases, vocals on this pack are incredibly solid.
EfJay  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elfson wrote:
In my opinion, the Sex Type Thing chart is the worst guitar chart out of any of the charts available for other rhythm games, but bass is good I suppose, and drums also.

Well, all I can say is that it's the most "guitar accurate" chart of any of the charts available for any rhythm games... It's almost like playing the real thing... But of course, you're entitled to your opinion!
Chaosxreigns  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the Sex Type Thing chart, didn't really see what was wrong with it. Looked like a well-charted guitar part. :/ That being said, it might play a little differently first hand, but to each his own. Vocals did have a lot of unnecessarily short phrases as well. Just a couple of critiques (not that you guys need it :P).
DerWaffelappen  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^

I'm guessing you're all referring to these pre-verse riffs?
_ _ _
It does seem a little awkward to look at, yeah, but you can hear the pitches those orange notes are charting. They're just *really* quiet and drowned out by the other notes being played...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Mister Salami
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
Guitar Charting Explanation

Please tell whoever is doing the vocal charting to stop making such short vocal phrases- I see no reason why "to find / it" should be two phrases.

Other than that keep up the good work.
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
EfJay wrote:
Guitar Charting Explanation

Please tell whoever is doing the vocal charting to stop making such short vocal phrases

This!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thirded. Shame, I grew to love "Plush" as a song but it requires a surprising amount of focus to sing due to this break down ._.

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fourthed.

Pitch-wise, they're doing great charts, but those phrase breakdowns are completely unnecessary, especially on "Plush". I'd say that this breakdown was worse than on some of the Band Hero vocal charts.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
TheTacomaster  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was incredibly excited to sing Plush.

After seeing the phrasing as such, downgraded to pumped.

Also, the bass at the beginning sounds like the elevator button sound in FF7.

ANYWHO.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: