SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
"Believe" and "Take What You Take" were both tracks that I knew that Kire has fun doing in co-op sessions with me (especially the latter, <3 Lily Allen), so I'd make them the featurettes for the day here.

This :P Pretty song (and singer) is pretty =) But those slides in the choruses are very chokable. Even though I FC'd it fairly quickly, I can't help but say that much.

And lol at the Hot Blooded and All Nightmare Long scores. Back to back palindromes ftw.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing much to say in a vocalist's thread except keep the FCs coming :P and You Really Got Me is a sweet song ^^

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Ontwikseltsaar
Paturages  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna quote the song :

"Girl, you really got me now!"

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I knew more about more vocal charts so I could post here more often, but you've sure been getting a lot of stuff cool stuff since last time I visited! Keep it up, and also, have you ever thought about (or tried) any RB vocals? I bet you could get the FSFC in a matter of weeks if you had all of the games!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Fuzz wrote:
Keep it up, and also, have you ever thought about (or tried) any RB vocals? I bet you could get the FSFC in a matter of weeks if you had all of the games!

Sorry to say, but no, she has no intention to get any Rock Band game anytime soon. I remember her replying to a comment on one of her videos saying that (in addition to Rock Band's engine being much more lenient than GH's) the RB fanboys are the ones who think they're always right, even if others think they aren't. They're the kind of people she said she can't take. Just look at how every vox league except RB2 kicked the bucket >_>

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is a lot to take on board O_o Replies to y'all!

chaosfreak: Nah, I'm more worried about the fast shifting verses than the slides in the choruses, but I do see what you mean :P I never noticed the humor in the 2 palindrome scores until now, so thanks for bring that up too!

Ontwikseltsaar/Paturages: Cover form or not, it's a great song, I do agree. It's also nice to be able to see you guys around the TEF chatroom too, you're both good fun

B-Fuzz: Thanks for coming around!
chaos's reply kind of answered my thoughts in regards to Rock Band. What I want to see focus on for the time being is the growth of the GH vox community; all the clubs there were axed for a very obvious reason.
In spite of this, even some of the TEF guys said that only guitarists and drummers tended to get their dues out on the Rock Band side too, which kind of almost mirrors the common mentality here.
That and there's a third reason too - the Wii European versions never get released on time >_>

And after all's done, it's time to focus on what happened today. My song is the slamming back door, scratching all night upon the base of willow... or something. And I got six others to boot

---

Update: June 10th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Streamline Woman
WT: Eye of the Tiger (YT | DM)
BH Import: Bad Reputation
Metallica: Enter Sandman

Another set of songs for another update, which all are indeed coming quick and fast.
The run on "Streamline Woman" was actually my first FC, so if you see me feeling a little hesitant in parts, now you know why. I've become more comfortable since, but it's still no easy song to pull off.
"Eye of the Tiger" was pretty much one of my oddest requests I received, even when I asked specifically for DLC instead of on-disc stuff. But it's still fun to sing, and I'm surprised I actually got all green flashes on this run.
"Bad Reputation" is another track that Kire and I like playing on BH co-op. I put it all down on the fun drum part if anything, plus it *still* reminds me of that scene in Shrek
And finally, "Enter Sandman". Because nightmares are the last thing I need for tomorrow, simple as that. .__.

Anyway, moving ahead to the productive efforts that came by, I further looked into more of my DLC collection to see if I could tackle more. And these are the runs that came out of it all, another batch of 7:

"Free Bird" (DLC version) (Lynyrd Skynyrd)- There are actually some subtle differences in the pitchings of this chart in comparison to the SH version, so that actually made this variation a little bit tougher. It still was brought down quickly though.
"Cyanide" (Death Magnetic) - Another WT era chart gone wrong, which meant it took me a little longer to FC than I thought. I'd much prefer singing it in Metallica in this case.
"Bomb the World" (Victory) - Simple enough to learn, though stupid me had an ending choke by singing a particular long note a little too low. >_>
"Lick It Up" (Kiss) - That took some considerable time to learn - the chart initially didn't make it clear how some of the high parts went. But once I did manage to learn, it was soon taken care of.
"My Apocalypse" (Death Magnetic) - See my thoughts on Cyanide. Thank goodness this is only 5 minutes long.
"Modern Day Deliah" (Kiss) - Most of my chokes on this one were in the breakdown section after the second chorus, which indeed costed me way too much time. I might see this as the hardest in the Kiss pack myself, though I still need to make a serious attempt on "I Was Made for Lovin' You".
"Our Song" (Celebrity New Years) - Without question, this is actually the *easiest* of all the Taylor Swift songs for me, or at least it's the easiest to perform. Still took some time to learn, especially some of those end warbles, but I still found it so incredibly fun for once.

On that note, it gives me ANOTHER new banner now:

I'm almost done with one of the Ouimette anthem conversions, and it's actually tougher than I thought it would be. Just the last stretch with the guitar part and it should be good to go. I'll be productive in another way tomorrow too, trust me on this, and you'll see how when I get around to the update >_>

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice on the true TS-beating achievement! You made mention of the warbling at the end and such, but aside that, seems that song doesn't seem to be physically demanding...or is it?

Whatever, keep that stuff coming! Looking forward to see what card you got under your sleeve this Friday!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there's definitely none of those "no room to breathe" moments this time around, which makes me more than happy. If you ever get XBox Live again, and points for DLC, then feel free to give it a shot. I do plan to make a vid of it sometime because it's that fun!

Also, you wanted today? You got it. As well as the voice, the four-string got its workout, and you'll see how

---

Update: June 11th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: You and Me
DLC: '54 '74 '90 '2010 (YT | DM
BH: The Adventure | Like Whoa

The last consecutive update! And hopefully we'll start it better than we begun it on.
All I knew about the vocal chart for "You and Me" was the very small margin for error, particularly at the ends of the choruses. But I still find it modestly fun to do.
Moving onto the DLC, it's an appropriate self-pick to mark the beginning of the World Cup. I'm no soccer pundit myself, but if something comes only once every four years, it's good to embrace it, right?
And let's throw in a pair of BH stuff for good measure. One song focuses on an optimistic start to something, and the second song's mentions of rollercoasters and white knuckle rides just so clashes with my day at [url=]Alton Towers[/url] today (Leaving in an hour as of this update). This is gonna be fun

I won't leave you behind without my accomplishments over the past 24 hours, right? Well, here they go:

Running down once more:
"Electro Rock" (Neversoft) - I thought I'd be clever and get it on sightread, but the fourth pitch phrases in the first verse caught me out the first time. Yeah, I suck.
"Girls, Girls, Girls" (80s) - The sheer cheesiness of it all blows my mind. That, and it IS one that I managed to get on my first do, to my own surprise given the nature of the breakdown.
"Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd) - Having got it on one of my streams while co-opping with Kire, I thought I'd try it again solo. If I could get *that* on my first attempt too, then that meant I can probably do this on demand... or would I?
"Sister Christian" (80s) - Now I see why StormEagle wanted me to do this song - it's so pretty. *_* Shame there are one or two awkward short phrases with warbles in, which means that I doubt an on-demand FC could be possible.
"We Got the Beat" (80s) - I admit, I had 2 chokes during that end breakdown. I keep forgetting the pitches in there, leading to very premature solids. >_> At least it was easy enough to break down and learn, but consistency should indeed come with time.
"A Classic Case of Transference" (Fall of Troy) - Thought I'd do that last track to put the seal on their track pack. The vocals in their songs make them so weird that it's worth going all in with the challenge for, and the last chorus especially said that, given that two of those phrases in particular were very, VERY close calls.
"Consoler of the Lonely" (Raconteurs) - The easiest of the Raconteurs tracks IMO. Good enough to break down and learn, and very few struggle-worthy moments; the only one I can see of note is the very last phrase of the slow part ("something good, something good to eat").
"Everything's Magic" (Pop Rock) - More Angels & Airwaves. Could've been a good thing if my mic didn't have one of *those* episodes again, and by that, I mean shaking the comet every time I try to sing a C note. So this was a slower FC than I anticipated.
"Your Face" (Reggae) - Got on my first try! Not easy to learn tho, the transitions into the bridges had a small margin for error, so I'm lucky I actually got by.
"Me and My Gang" (Country) - Damn, this song was tough. Several warbles further into the song, and one or two bullshit stepped phrases in the second verse ("bangin' on gongs and singin' our songs" is the biggest culprit of the lot). So you can say I'm relieved when I finally took it down.

And yes, I did take time to return to the fake plastic 'tar, or should I say... bass. Behold, the final steps for the Band Hero bass setlist:

The only chokes I had though throughout those eight were some clumsy HOPO slip-ups in "Love Story" and "American Pie" ("jack flash sat on a candlestick"... ouch), but I'm glad that they prevailed, the latter especially since I did a crackin' sightread of it 2 weeks ago.

For now, time to move onto two more banners!

Due to the trip, I won't be streaming tonight but I'm leaning on doing one tomorrow instead. If I do go ahead, I'll let you all know

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job with your BH bass FGFC. Is it your first non-vocal FGFC? Will you try getting the BH guitar FGFC, because it seems pretty easy except for a few (rio, YMCA, black cat I think, and OBVIOUSLY Lifeline )

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yayyy this is like wow !! excellent ! finally someone with 2 fgfcs on bh involving vox

Nice vids btw! !
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick replying again, thanks to the pair of you

FingerQuick: Yep, definitely my first non-vocal FGFC, which is more of an achievement in itself. But as for BH *guitar*, I'm not too sure if I'll even get it. You mentioned "Black Cat" and I flat out fail at the tap section in it; I'm also worried about "I Want You to Want Me" with some of the short yet crazy solos in there.

arvain: Yep, I'm glad to be in the club so thank you on that

And as implied, the weekly stream got moved to today. I've already clocked in a couple of hours earlier, and be sure to visit as I continue with more including Kire coming on with the voxbass :P

chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus can has fake plastic string pwnage? Good going.

And sorry if there were a few points in the stream today where I was sounding annoying (like when I was reciting lyrics and got kicked). I guess not everyone likes humor that much.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I didn't come to the stream, I'm sure you've done great. And since I haven't posted here in a while, even though you deserve more then this, congrats on all the (many) accomplishments I missed! I'll try to keep up from now on...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, time to reply again:

chaosfreak: Nah, you're absolutely fine. Apparently the automatic servers have a tendancy to get crazy on flood kicks; it's happened to me and Storm a few times as well on other streams. Next time you seem as if you get kicked, reset the page and come back in - I'd never boot anyone for the hell of it

Werelord: Yeah, it's been a while too, though i do still see you around almost every night. But thanks for stopping by, and good luck with your GH5 FG5*

And now it's time to look at the update for today. It's back to strictly Mondays and Fridays, and the week's beginning update had to have all the right moves into some kind of vocal gauntlet. >_>

---

Update: June 14th 2010

Video Features:

GH5: Sex on Fire
DLC: Rock n' Roll Band (YT | DM)
BH Import: A Million Ways
Van Halen: First Date

Well, my week off's over, and now it's strictly business again.
With it being Father's Day next weekend, a run on "Sex on Fire" seems appropriate for the occasion, as is the moment when dad tried to advise me on my vocal presentation before and after my run on "A Million Ways". He can still be stern, yet very approachable.
I'm back on with the DLC requests again, and this continues the trend with something that Tidus asked for a while back. I'm still emphasizing that "Rock n' Roll Band" was pretty nuts, and the vid all shows why.
And let's end it on something fun with "First Date". Fast song is fast, but still arguably amongst the more fun Blink 182 representations in the game

First of all, may I say it was fun to be with you for Saturday's stream, and you guys all did great out there Here's the log in case you missed anything.

Part 1 (GH5 - Afternoon):
  1. Due to opening demand, I show off the work I did on the GHTunes cover of Steve Ouimette's "Lied Der Deutschen" from the National Anthems track pack. It will be slow to get the four other tracks done too, but I'd get there.
  2. I then warm up the drum pads and sticks for some time around there, through sightread runs on "Paddy's Lament" (Flogging Molly) and "Cult of Personality" (SH Import).
  3. A request was taken to do "Modern Day Deliah" (Kiss) on drums. That actually didn't feel so bad in spite of people saying how tough it is to do...!
  4. Then another request was taken to do "Let Love Rule" (Lenny Kravitz), albeit on guitar this time. Epic sax solo ftw, and I'm glad StormEagle decided to grab the song after all.
  5. The drums were brought back in, and so I did a random run on "Lonely is the Night" due to it randomly appearing during the lobby.
  6. Kire then asked me to do the drum part on every single one of his customs, and they were just painful to do...
  7. Backing away from the unforgiving drum tracks which could've needed an extra kick pedal for, I then took it easy and drummed the entire 80s track pack! Could only 5* "Sister Christian" though, but they were fun.

Part 2 (Band Hero - Evening):
  1. Expecting Kire to voxbass later, I warm up a lot on guitar. The first track I picked for this occasion was a sightread run on "Love in an Elevator" (Aerosmith).
  2. I then tackle some other songs, purely to annoy Kire after what he did earlier. The tracks covered were "Hands Down", "The Kill" (WT Import), "Ocean Avenue" (sightread FC!) and "Single" (Fall of Troy). His "emo music" arguments never get old...!
  3. Followed it up with runs on "The Judas Kiss" (Death Magnetic) - if only because chaosfreak couldn't stop citing the lyrics, hehe - and "All the Small Things" (Blink 182, and another sightread FC at that).
  4. Kire didn't want to voxbass in the end, but he still did some co-op with me, albeit with him on drums and me on vox. Tracks covered are as follows:
    - "Paddy's Lament" (lol again)
    - "Santeria" (WT Import)
    - "Play With Me" (SH Import)
    - "Mr Roboto" (Kire fell apart twice...)
  5. StormEagle (drums) and K1NGP3DRO (guitar) came to join me, with Kire jumping out. Tracks covered amongst us three:
    - "Rag Doll" (Aerosmith)
    - "The Kill" (lol again)
    - "Astro Zombies" (All Hallows Eve)
    - "Into the Void" (Black Sabbath)
    - "Take the Money and Run" (Classic Rock 3)
    - "Fascination" (Storm's drum FC! And lolwarble >_>)
    - "Juke Box Hero" (Classic Rock 3)
    - "Sister Christian" (80s, and a full 100% run but not an FC due to Storm overhitting)
    - "Girls Girls Girls" (80s, nearly a group FC but Pedro didn't FC his part)
  6. Due to the night getting late, I then switched to bass. Then we kept going for a final batch of tracks:
    - "Honky Tonk Women" (see "Girls Girls Girls")
    - "The Impression That I Get"
    - "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (thanks chaosfreak for the request!)
    - "Overkill" (WT Import)
    - "Sweet Leaf" (Black Sabbath, Storm dropped his sticks again for a second week running =()
    - "Mr Roboto" (Pedro FC'd his part, yay!)

Again, you all did fine! And I should probably put up a precautionary measure though - in the event that you get kicked for an unexplained reason, refresh the page and log in again. The servers have a tendancy to do random kicks, so now you know.

Also I didn't do much else today other than explore some DLC recommendations from fellow peers, so here's what I managed to open up to and tackle in the time that I had.

Track rundown:
- "Sample in a Jar" (Phish) - Pack recommended because Unnoftw has it and likes it. A good one to break down and learn, and didn't take too long to take down, which is surprising given that this is a live performance.
- "So What" (Pop Rock) - Confession time from me; Pink's big hit from 2 years back was my first ever DLC purchase. >_> I've done it in quickplay a few times but always messed up during the ending, so some time to learn that through and I FINALLY got that FC in the bag.
- "Stop and Stare" (Pop Rock) - The easiest of the OneRepublic onslaught for today, and that's probably because it's so much simpler to perform too. Can't add anything else from here.
- "All the Right Moves" (OneRepublic) - Thanks to some of the guys in Saturday's stream asking for this one, and it seriously took some guts to prevail on. The way I see it is that it's "Losing a Whole Year" on drugs, which means trying to be extremely precise all the way through as well as watching out for any spots to get your breath back on, which are already few and far between. Yikes!
- "The Martyr" (Vagrant Records) - parzrevenge's recent FBFC run spurred me to give this one a go. Why is this even a 7 on vocals when there's not really anywhere that can catch you out? All it really is is a test of endurance at the end of the day, but still incredibly fun.
- "Mercy" - Almost like "All the Right Moves" but not quite as bad, though some of the warbles later can be pretty weird. ._.
- "Young Cardinals" (Vagrant Records) - Surprisingly fiddly for a post-hardcore song, but I can easily say that as long as you get past the second verse, then the rest of the song should be second fiddle to you if you make a move on it.
- "Chalk Dust Torture" (Phish) - Now that's chokesville all around, complete with pitched phrases which I am more than convinced that should've been talkies. And to make it worse, there had to be a 3 minute solo gap between the second chorus and third chorus. True, I'd probably expect the same for "Fury of the Storm" in GH6 but the margin for error throughout just kinda threw this one over the wall.

And there we go, more tracks covered. Now I can take it easy for a little while, before being set to make my move on the Alice Cooper track pack - roll on tomorrow

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:01 am; edited 1 time in total
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, a lot of those songs don't seem like they'd be any easy. Excellent pwnage as always.

And by the way, when we were in your stream the other day, and I asked if you thought Rag Doll was harder than ABC, you said "maybe, but I wouldn't say that bad". To this day, is Ticks still the hardest FC you've ever gotten? boss thinks that song is harder than anything in GH5 and arguably BH, and it looks like most of the real toughies you've played have been way harder for you than anything in Metallica, to name some.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 29 of 49

Jump to: