ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
6/8/10 DLC - National Anthems Track Pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TylerTheGHBoy  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

viper565 wrote:
Very fun pack. A++ would DL again!

Your avatar makes me LOL.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it me or its missing a song like it was said in the June DLC Announcement ??

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are videos of me FCing every song in the pack on expert guitar.

The Star-Spangled banner - v. GH by Steve Ouimette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_N4qMtVxt6k

Il Canto degli Italiani - v. GH by Steve Ouimette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3rv5whuhps

Lied der Deutschen - GH version by Steve Ouimette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8n1xnrrTXw

La Marseillaise - GH version by Steve Ouimette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xmyUzINJqc

God Save The Queen - GH version by Steve Ouimette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjXqT7AOiwo

As of right now I am on first on every song, so good paths.
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveOuimette wrote:
Guys, thank you for the kind words on the anthems. It's a fine line to turn a national anthem into a rock guitar track while still being respectful toward the original music. I wanted to make them fun and yet retain their majesty and that seems to have been accomplished. In the end there aren't a ton of super hard solos because it didn't seem appropriate to just shred all over the place. A little respect to the countries goes a long way!

Anyway, I'm glad you like what you're playing. Not the hardest material, just fun.

BTW, I'll be releasing a full CD of new material this fall. Check out my site (www.steveouimette.com) or Facebook for more details as it comes. Very exciting stuff!

Steve

You gave these songs alot of replay value for players of all skill levels, and let us have them free! I think that's more than any country could ever ask for

Thanks so much, great job on all of them!! Downloading now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteveOuimette wrote:
Guys, thank you for the kind words on the anthems. It's a fine line to turn a national anthem into a rock guitar track while still being respectful toward the original music. I wanted to make them fun and yet retain their majesty and that seems to have been accomplished. In the end there aren't a ton of super hard solos because it didn't seem appropriate to just shred all over the place. A little respect to the countries goes a long way!

Anyway, I'm glad you like what you're playing. Not the hardest material, just fun.

BTW, I'll be releasing a full CD of new material this fall. Check out my site (www.steveouimette.com) or Facebook for more details as it comes. Very exciting stuff!

Steve

I didn't know Steve had an account. Hmm.

Anyways, thank you, sir. I wasn't expecting anything Gergorge like but these will do just fine because although not shred-tastic they are still fun. And Free! So far you are 100% in my book of GH songs you've made yourself. Not to mention they were free! Keep it up and hope to see more from you in the future. And I hope they're free!

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
greenalien  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spain marcha real track is missing due to licensing issues

@Andami @itssoeasy @PlasticAxe Okay, just heard back -- no Spain anthem due to "last-minute licensing issues." Cifra vaya

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, the charts are amazing, Steve has outdone himself again. and the fact that its free makes it ten times better.

STEVE=EPIC WIN!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: guitar god527
TheJackpotter  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar A Portuguesa.
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, I hope we get Marcha Real sometime soon. It must definitely be very last minute, the US PSN blog says that it's a part of the pack, and available as a single download. The EU one doesn't, though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EfJay wrote:
Davers wrote:
These look really fun. Downloading now

Why wouldn't you? It's free!

As for the ratings, they usually are set with how hard they are to pass, not how hard they are to get a good score or FC...
We decide, but the quality assurance department can make us change the ratings if they do not agree...
But in my opinion, those songs are not that hard to pass though... the solos are rather short and with star power it's easily done even for less experienced players...

Well. If it is based on how hard to pass, how come Bring the noise is 5 on vocals, DYFLWD 8 on bass, She will be loved 5 on drums, and Lay it on the line 7 on guitar?

Did you follow Neversofts standard or did you create your own? My personal opinion is that every song needs new levels. And rank them by intensity. It's called "Intensity" and not "how hard to pass". So pace of song, notes per second, solo difficulties should be a much bigger part in the rankings.

The further step would be to let every individual select what he/she thinks is the approtriate tier. Like an ingame customisation.
micho  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing against the Spain Anthem, but today at change of charge ceremony here in spain, I heard it for the first time and it is really short with little material to work with. I know steve would have juiced it up, respectfully, but in my limited imagination, I dont see how. Although with that said 6 is still better than 5. please no one turn this into a "you ungratefull bastard you got 5" dispute though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohhhh I wanted to play my anthem!!! but not problem... I'm silver so I can't download the pack damn you M$$$$$$$!!!!

Any 24/48h code??? please??? ^^
GH5--> 78 of 85
GH: Greatest Hits--> 44 of 48
GH: Metallica--> 36 of 49
GH:WT--> 70 of 86
GH3--> 66 of 70 (67 100%... BMW sucks...)
GH2--> 56 of 74
BH--> 65 of 65

MY VIDEOS--> http://es.youtube.com/user/Prad0
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ferdy vk PSN Name: ferdy_vk
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad for no Dutch Anthem, we are by way the most spirited supporters of our football team. (As shown 2 years ago, at the EC, when supporters from other countries changed to orange!)

I'm really looking forward to the WK, We will easily win the poule, but then it becomes exciting!

Songs are fun though, I didn't expect a lot of shred actions because you don't want to rape a national anthem from a country, that would just be offending.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
Too bad for no Dutch Anthem.

You'd have to play all 15 stanzas, then.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but I will tonight. It's Steve playing, so it's always good.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: UpgradePolecat
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:
The further step would be to let every individual select what he/she thinks is the approtriate tier. Like an ingame customisation.

THIS! Oh God, this...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News -> DLC Archive All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: