ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Songs on Disc not used?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: Songs on Disc not used? Reply with quote

So in looking for a DJ Hero soundtrack (iTunes has nothing), I came across a torrent on some site that rhymes with "The Bi-rate Pay" that boasted a complete rip, including three songs on the disc not included in the final game.

(Here's the text straight from his torrent page:)

Quote:
I also found three tracks that are not in the game and are not mentioned anywhere online as being in the game. These are:

* Ludacris vs. RHCP - Ludakiss (this is how the .xml tracklist file in the game referred to this track, so this is what I named it)

* Aceyalone vs. unknown artist - Lost Your Mind vs. unknown song (the name "Bob" was used as the other artist, but that obviously wasn't sufficient to come to any conclusion about who that is)

* Bliss n Eso vs. unknown artist - Party At My Place vs. unknown song (no information in the xml about this track)

Any web-savvy person could probably find the torrent (I'm not listing it here by any means) but would any of you be able to figure out what the other half of those two songs are?

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
y0tube  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the "Bliss n Eso vs unknown artist" track but according to youtube comments the title is completely wrong. It should be titled:
The Perceptionists ft. Camutao & Guru - Party Hard vs. Skillz ft. The Roots - Take It Back
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lzaB8Nw8EE

The other track, "Aceylone vs. Bob - Lost Your Mind vs. Unknown", I can't figure out that instrumental. Searched around for a little bit to no avail. Hopefully someone can figure it out. Love that old school chill beat
Woulda been a very easy song with hardly any scratches haha; it sounds incomplete; the game mixer was goofing around with the scratches at the end though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx40SqfjdqQ
y0tube  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my l33t sources tell me it's
Aceyalone - Lost Your Mind vs. Bobby Womack - Secrets

AnubisGX  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liked that Party Hard vs. Take it Back mix.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...awesome!

Why do i have a feeling this will be an unlockable DLC? Probably a "Hip Hop DLC 01"? Just a feeling ;)

EDIT: Found the Ludacris vs. RHCP song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGU8v-o7Qjs

sounds like a song that would be in the Guitar Setlist...doesn't sound that bad >_>

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was aware of the RHCP mix a while back but tis the first time I've heard about the other two.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to DJ Hero's Facebook, they will let us know on a "little" secret sometime tomorrow...

...could it be that they will show off new DLC? OR could they have the code to unlock THESE three mixes? We will find out tomorrow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really doubt it ever has to do with those 3 tracks. one of them isnt even complete
dave0113  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody with some hacking skills might be able to unlock the songs themselves, similar to how Trippolette and Graveyard Shift were unlocked via hacking in Guitar Hero 1. Just a thought for anyone who wants to give it a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm a little late to the conversation here... but yeah. These song's files are not on the disc. THere is an XML file referring to them being there, but the files with the charts/background/etc is missing. Unfortunately if its not there... there isn't a way to unlock them.

I'll dig around inside the disc again for the hell of it just to double check, but I remember looking at this back in november and talking about it on the GameSpot forums. I'm pretty sure we determined the files were not there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XmdawgX PSN Name: X-mDaWg-X
thespike  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:
Wow...awesome!

Why do i have a feeling this will be an unlockable DLC? Probably a "Hip Hop DLC 01"? Just a feeling ;)

EDIT: Found the Ludacris vs. RHCP song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGU8v-o7Qjs

sounds like a song that would be in the Guitar Setlist...doesn't sound that bad >_>

Wow that's actually fucking awesome, I wish it were actually in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ignthespike1
Champiness  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone tried this with the DJ Hero 2 disc yet? I’m especially interested because of this image from the Name That Mix challenge:

As you can see, Michael Jackson and someone who appears to be Karl Hyde of Underworld appear alongside artists who actually appeared in the game. Maybe digging around in the files would revel some MJ and Underworld mixes...?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: