ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S11 - GH5 Expert Guitar League
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt6662  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlindingLink333 wrote:
I had no idea I was even in the finals... awesome

Well, I have a few hours to submit a score... Probably won;t be anything too impressive, But I sure will try. Good luck to matt (since you will probably win anyways) and I hope your girl is okay / is feeling better

Thanks, she's coming home Sunday (I will be personally taking her home, since her parent's are too afraid to drive with her in the car right now, so much to my joy because I don't like driving for long periods of time, but I'm doing it for her, not for her parents, so it's all good, right?)

I just did one run of the song, that's it. Took my anger of my GHSH loss and put it in this. Not gonna hint at what I got, but it was all that it was to please me. Time to play some Saints Row 1 until I fall asleep, then dealing with my reeltar and band issues. Fun fun

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.
BlindingLink333  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, submissions are over, might as well share what I got... Good chance says you beat me. I had little time this week to get a respectable score, but here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/C7X9M.jpg

matt6662  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game BlindingLink, not a bad score, just keep working at Scatterbrain and you could get it down (Practice each section, that's what I do to get good at a song.)

It was fun, thanks Tom

GH Thread RB Thread

[quote:a154c9c13e="Matt"]I sometimes pull the chalk ball out if I am on the ground, but I usually stick my hand in the bag.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt6662 wrote:
Good game BlindingLink, not a bad score, just keep working at Scatterbrain and you could get it down (Practice each section, that's what I do to get good at a song.)

It was fun, thanks Tom

Aw mahn, I break semis and I could've had maybe one of the last championships. /resent Congrats to you Matt and to BL, and thanks everyone for this season, for it may be the last. If there is a 'next season', I say I'll be ready.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
BlindingLink333  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
Congrats to you Matt and to BL, and thanks everyone for this season, for it may be the last. If there is a 'next season', I say I'll be ready.

And thank you, and to all for some much needed practice/warmup for Warriors of Rock! It was fun for my first season. I hope there will be more in the future... Now only if I could Scatterbrain Good game matt, nice win.

Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilirock wrote:
Gah only had 15 minutes to play today for Scatterbrain Not that I had ANY chance against Bj0rn, but it's so not the best I can do, with only 3 runs and no practice at all on the song (never practiced it before, I knew a day would come that I'd regret it ) Anyway I somehow still improved my high score >_>

Congrats to Bj0rn in advance (well like I said unless he doesn't submit), as I'm leaving for a week long trip tonight XD

Thank you! Congratulations on becoming the runner-up!

Funnily I too have had a week long trip from last Saturday till today. I brought my 360 In case I would go to the finals. Thought I definitely wasn't sure that I would, because I just couldn't ever get a good run of 21st Century Schizoid Man. I did FC the sax solo once while practicing and I must've done it nearly 10 times now (the other times were a while ago).

I got the chance to access the internet a few times during the trip. After all, I submitted a score. Anyway I'm really glad I got to read your post, so that I didn't ruin a couple of days with great weather playing Scatterbrain

I could have stopped after my second run, because I got 485k on it. But I kept going for the FC for another hour. Groove C stopped me every time, which is awfully weird, considering I could hit it quite consistently before and I had just grinded Cliffs of Dover's intro some days before. Or maybe that was the problem...

Anyway, my winning this league was mostly based on luck. First Pas26 dropped out, and I think nobody could have stopped him from winning if he had stayed in. Then Tom goes against the usual guidelines of a league, and only picks the most difficult songs, which, beneficially for me, was the weak point of the two great squeezers. And lastly, none of my competitors got much time to play their songs (well, neither did I).

Well, to finish off a long post, I wanna thank everybody for another fun league season!
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs were all random, actually, it just worked out that the songs got progressively harder. I personally think it's better that way (as somebody who's good at harder songs but can't squeeze at all) but it was 100% random. You can thank ChanServ's random script on IRC for the song selections

Congrats to the winners and thank you to everyone who participated all the way through!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26
Page 26 of 26

Jump to: