ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocal Practicing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike65707  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:15 pm    Post subject: Vocal Practicing Reply with quote

Ok so Vocals is by far my worst instrument but it's also the one I have the most fun on...until I get to the last few songs I need to FC and then I'm bashing my head into a wall playing the song millions of times. (Both of those figuratively speaking :P)

Anyway I'm going to start practicing to FC the last 10 or so songs I need for a Medium FGFC (lol). I'm guessing it's pretty pointless to practice on Medium, and that it would be better to practice on Expert..but I'm worried that I'll get frustrated over not figuring out how to hit a part on Expert and give up all together. Should I practice on Hard instead? Or should I tough it out and practice on Expert?

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Olinea  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what game, for starters? Judging by the banners, GH5. The Vocals video reference thread has a number of videos that can help you out, especially on the behemoths of the game like Superstition and Sympathy for the Devil.

I don't think I've ever tried vox on anything besides Easy (for challenges where I needed streaks like Comedown and 2MtM) and Expert, so I can't really tell you much about Medium and how easy it is compared to the others. Expert's the true test of pitches and all that, but certain songs are just plain DIFFICULT; I doubt Mick Jagger himself would be able to get Sympathy in less than 5 tries. All I can tell you is to accentuate the pitch changes; make those louder, if you have to. Start singing before the comet hits the words, and if you're trying to squeeze every last bit of yellow out of it, dr00bles once said that consonant sounds like "b" and "d" are explosive and can cause the comet to flit in and out (This was when he was going for a Pretty Vacant 100%), so dull those down if you're on the brink of an Excellent.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
Lupo13  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest you start playing on Expert. If you are that close to a Medium FGFC, it means that you know every song and that you have enough "voice control" to get a FG5S on Expert with a bit of practise. Trust me, Vocals are the instrument with the smaller difference between difficulty levels. It's kinda sad that so many people leave it on medium because they think it's gonna be too hard. Give it a go! You might be surprised of yourself! ;)

Ciao!

Mike65707  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I actually stuck to practice in Medium for one reason: It's easier to get there from Quickplay. :P But I got the FGFC ^_^

And don't worry Lupo, I'm not playing only Medium. I just play all difficulties. :P

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: