ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DJH2 Vocals Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:19 pm    Post subject: DJH2 Vocals Discussion Reply with quote

DJ Hero Vocals Discussion

• The traditional Static vocals style, most commonly featured in games like Singstar and Lips, is featured in DJH2.
  • No word on if we will see Scrolling vocals from GH/RB, but it will most likely be no.
  • "Talkies" are represented with dots before every word.
  • No vocal pie/meter for phrases, nor does it look like the game gives any sort of visual feedback at all (besides the score increasing)
  • Vocal score is received as a per-word/syllable basis instead of by phrases
  • Streak is also per-word/syllable based instead of phrase based
  • Combo phrase based, both in terms of gaining and losing combo.
  • The two audio tracks are shown with either a green or blue color (corresponding to the green and blue tracks from the DJ players.
  • Sadly, there appears to be no euphoria. No pathing means DJH2 Vox leaderboards are gonna be pure vocal skill.

I know the game is "DJ Hero" but it is kind of sad that vocals feel tacked on. Considering the work they did with DJ play, it's not too surprising. They fit better than than guitar, thats for sure. It all depends on the strictness of the engine though. With the lack of phrase meter and nice visual feedback, I have a feeling that DJH2 is gonna turn into Guitar Hero World Tour Redux, which would be a shame. Until the game comes out though, we can't be sure.

I will say this though, I kinda wish the vocals bar was pushed "out of" instead of "into" the screen, as the vocals bar seems just a tad too thin.

Anybody else have thoughts on the DJH2 Vocals?
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant wait to see what a success or train wreck this is gonna be, hopefully i can still somehow get a fgfc on this...

it looks like it does count each word, but ur combo wont break unless u miss most of the phrase, did i get that right?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we get a vocals mode this time around! :P Can't wait. I wish it was in the first game, would've killed to sing the Feel Good Inc. mixes.
cmmc222  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vocals are a joke, it was tacked on for the whole "2 turntables and a microphone" I for one will only play vocals to get the achivements. I mean come on who really wants to sing human after all? human human human human human human human hu human human human human after all human human human human human aft human aft human aft after all
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...i wonder who here would sing AND DJ at the same time? >:3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...i wonder...

im just curios also how the engine will feel, will it be more like GH5 or something completely different?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxninja114 wrote:

I tend to sing along anyway and I've already got the mic stand, what do you think?

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
maxninja114  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
maxninja114 wrote:

I tend to sing along anyway and I've already got the mic stand, what do you think?
I think...

I WILL CHALLENGE YOU MY GOOD SIR! >:3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:
Vocals are a joke, it was tacked on for the whole "2 turntables and a microphone" I for one will only play vocals to get the achivements. I mean come on who really wants to sing human after all? human human human human human human human hu human human human human after all human human human human human aft human aft human aft after all

welcometoscorehero.jpg
mDaWg  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:

Honestly..... I agree.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

joke, shmoke, gimmick, whatever, this just means more coop fc stuff can happen imo, PLUS with multiplayer getting a nice makeover this time, triple fcs are possible too

and besides, dont like it, dont bother with it, simple...

anyways, no one should be worried about vox achievements anyways if that list was legit, the ones revealed are pretty much cake-walks even for someone that never sang a note in their life, as long as theres at least ONE all-talkie mix in there...otherwise, well just learn the simplest mix with at least 200 words(?) that u can nail... i guess it would be words since im sure there will be few, if any, mixes with 200 phrases :O

biggest issue will be going to the store to buy a mic if u dont already have one, but hey, djh1 had a trophy for u needing 2 djh controllers to finish, AND a guitar one too, i still dont have platinum on it, and it doesnt bother me one bit >_>

Edit: oh yea, WELCOME TO HAVING THOSE FEW SONGS LIKE ON EVERY SINGLE GH/RB GAMES SETLIST THAT ARENT VERY FUN TO SING!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:

The same people who want to sing it while listening to it, you think that's crazy, how about you throw on Guitar Hero Smash Hits with only your mic equipped and play Psychobilly Freakout, why does that song even have the option for singing?

Who cares, right? People WILL sing, hell, I sung Psychobilly for the lulz.
Hafkie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cmmc222 wrote:

For every song that is like that, you will have a song that will have a HUGE audience for singing. (Lady Gaga comes to mind)

Not every song will be fun to sing, but that's something that comes with the feature. Not every song has fun guitar, bass, drums, or keyboard either.

The good thing about DJH2 though, is that they still did the GH2 route, where the main instrument was still the focus despite the fact that the game added another instrument. Vocals is essentially DJ Hero's Bass/Rhythm part. (On that topic though, I'd love it if DJ Hero had some co-op mixes.)
Dophin98  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya vocals in dj hero NOT a good idea AT ALL!!!!
NMC2008  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think vocals will be just fine for DJH2, I think they will be more popular than people think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc DJ Hero Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: