Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irving12345  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa I've been missing a lot of the action here.

Great job with the DLC and the VH bass domination keep up the good work that FGFC is just around the corner

Hmmm ive always wondered how long will it take you to FGFC WoR on vocals??? 1 week?? 2 days perhaps?? Well for now keep dominating VH bass good luck

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey irving. ^^

Probably not gonna be a whole day at any rate; how long will it take me to unlock the 2112 tracks and demi-god tier unlockables? Not a bleedin' clue. But I'll do my best!
As for VH bass, kinda came to a standstill as most of the time over the past week other than getting fcs there and on DLC was for re-filming some tracks I had ready to host but got wiped out by the destruction of my old computer. But this will happen eventually, trust me on this one.

With that aside, be sure to check out my new update. It's more than people who are fragile things; objects can be too, and we should know by now. ^_^*

---

Update: September 17th 2010

Video Features:

BH Import: Love Story
DLC: Munich (YT | DM)
Metallica: Stone Cold Crazy
Van Halen: Master Exploder

Well, I guess things have been collapsing all over the place since my last update. >_>
On Tuesday morning, I tried to boot up my PC as I normally would. But it absolutely refused to get to the Windows loading screen. No amount of restarts would try and resolve it, so a conclusion was drawn to get a new PC. Specifically, I got myself a new laptop, though because it was on Windows 7 some of my old hardware and software wouldn't work on it at all, including my white Dazzle for recording.
Thankfully, my black Dazzle for streaming had been able to perform a lot better under the machine and captured these FCs on vid. I've seen a clear difference on color quality already, so I can say I'm happy with it; just need to make sure it stops dropping frames at some intervals tho...!
And to cap it off, when re-FCing some songs that I had lost before, I had noticed that my old mic was struggling to pick up noise. Even with my mouth close to it, there were times when it would periodically struggle to hit something, and so I've had no choice there but to set up a new mic as well. This became apparent in "Master Exploder" where some of my lower notes didn't show up as hit (that song was very leniant, luckily enough) and "Stone Cold Crazy" where it didn't pick up what I did in the third freeform properly.

So, new beginnings all around huh?

Anyway, while all that was going on, I settled myself straight on trying to get a bunch more songs done. Firstly, the DLC front:

"Cut Your Hair" (Indie) - Not as hard as I thought it would be; I thought it seemed like a mini-"Semi-Charmed Life" looking at parzrevenge's video several months back, but even at that it still meant I did some hardcore octave shifting to keep on target. Even surprised me on how quick I got it too.
"Everybody Wants You" (Billy Squier) - Not too hard to learn, fair to say I got it on my first try. Still fun to belt out at some early hour in the morning.
"Use Me" (Hard Rock) - Same as above. I think only the vocal range of the song was why it got a 6. Still fun to do, if "Lips of an Angel" in Band Hero was of some other indication from Hinder.
"The Stroke" (Billy Squier) - Yikes, this one took some **serious** grinding. I'd say this is like a mini-"Rag Doll" in a way; not one verse is the same, lots of crazy slides around, and is pretty much more centered on testing the more precise amongst us. I say it changed my perception on Squier as a vocalist - not so much of a floozy as "Lonely is the Night" presented him. :P

And I even took time to return to VH for more bass FCs:

"Rock and Roll is Dead" was kinda fiddly with some of the more extreme HOPO slides in the chart, but nothing too difficult for me to handle. I'm just glad I got it on such a fun bass chart too.
And "You Really Got Me" was one that I had tried but couldn't quite get in the past; here, I finally nail after some lucky scrapes. Fun and short.

Anyway, I'll be streaming tonight under this new getup. I'll meet you there!

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you got a new computer? Rather ironic that you picked it up just in time for WoR. But for now I guess there's not much else to say, except good presentations. The Stroke, based on how you put it, must be a good way to end things on GH5.

And the stream was rather...amusing, to say the least.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job Wooffus

chaosfreak07 wrote:
So you got a new computer? Rather ironic that you picked it up just in time for WoR. But for now I guess there's not much else to say, except good presentations. The Stroke, based on how you put it, must be a good way to end things on GH5.

And the stream was rather...amusing, to say the least.

How exactly is that ironic?

Last edited by Enginn on Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the Munich presentation, first of all! After seeing the description though, I think I requested it before you did Symphony of Destruction

Think you can finish all of the DLC before you get WoR? I personally think you can do it in time.

Keep it up! In a side note, I know pretty well how people, in fact, can totally be fragile things.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohai guys, thanks for the comments

chaosfreak: Well, I'm not entirely out of the woods just yet. I still had space for one more regular update before sealing things, though on the GH5 DLC front "The Stroke" was still one hell of a challenge XD

Enginn: Long time no see. As for the irony, I think it's from the fact that in the month leading up to this game's release I've had to invest on a lot of new gadgets, and I guess the Laptop was the icing on the cake.

Tidus: If I recall correctly, I definitely got it after "The Geeks Were Right", which means you asked for it the weekend *before* the Megadeth pack came out. XD But I'm just saying, people liked what they did with Symphony, which got unleashed first out of the pair.
As for the DLC, probably not; I'm close to done so I'm better off taking a little breather before ready to head to GH:WoR

So, I guess this makes my last regular update before getting the game. And I definitely wanted to go out with a bang, before the time frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tic-tockly flies away. O_o

---

Update: September 20th 2010

Video Features:

BH Import: You Had Me
DLC: Twilight of the Thunder God (LOL!) (YT | DM))
Metallica: Frantic
Van Halen: Stacy's Mom

Well, this would (hopefully) mark my last update before GH:WoR comes into my grubby little paws. It's fair to say that Warrior Wooffus is ready to make her move:

Looks like yet another wardrobe change is needed... ^_^*
Anyway, vids. It's namely a bunch more that people asked for as of late, though I've known one or two people that won't stop referencing to a certain Fountains of Wayne song when making conversation, so yeah.
The final DLC upload before GH5 was actually something that had been asked for when my run on "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" was uploaded, so it's fair to put it to the test as the last vox vid from there before moving onto the GH:WoR setlist. Also listen to what I'm asking for at the end

So, thank you very much guys for visiting the stream over the weekend. It may have been cut just a little bit short, but hey, it's Parz and I'm keen to see his progress. ^_^ Here's what happened during that time:

1. With me getting the stream started especially quick, I booted up GH5 and decided to open up on a run on "Why Bother", as a warmup.
  2. That soon transitioned into - after numerous conflicts between me and the sole person in the stream at the time - a run done on "Peace Sells" (Megadeth), with a very stupid -1 run. I'll get used to it.
  3. With regulars gently coming through, that was where I followed up the cue from last week and transitioned into a reflection of DLC from the past 12 months. These are the runs I did:
    - September 2009 - "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (Rolling Stones Live; 96% this time and even looked at that "cause you're a fox" line later, lol)
    - October 2009 - "Astro Zombies" (All Hallows Eve)
    - November 2009 - "I Was Made For Loving You" (Kiss)
    - December 2009 - "Harder to Breathe" (Celebrity New Years Rock)
    - January 2010 - "Still I Rise" (Metal)
    - February 2010 - "Losing a Whole Year" (Third Eye Blind)
    - March 2010 - "Adam's Song" (Blink 182)
    - April 2010 - "Simple Man" (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
    - May 2010 - "7 Things" (Band Hero/Disney)
    - June 2010 - "School's Out" (Alice Cooper)
    - July 2010 - "Killer Queen" (SH Import/Queen 2)
    - August 2010 - "Symphony of Destruction" (Megadeth)
    - September 2010 - "Epic" (Rock)
  4. Not long after that I got a HUGE stream of song requests from the people in the chat:
    - "Nookie" (Rock)
    - "Angels of the Silences" (BH Import)
    - "All the Right Moves" (OneRepublic)
    - "Fireflies" (Pop)
    - "Just Dance" (Pop)
    - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
    - "Sound of Madness" (Shinedown)
  5. Irving wanted help in FCing the ending for "Demon(s)", so I went into practice mode and talked it over for him (in exchange for a handful of pencil shavings... lol jk).
  6. And to cap it off, I did my last co-op session on stream with Arifa, a medium drummer I had seen very often over the year. We did runs on these songs before finishing the stream entirely:
    - "Des Moines" (Ferret/Metalblade)
    - "Low" (Travis Barker)
    - "I'll Never Know" (Activision Music)
    - "What Have You Done" (European 4)

Thanks again for the turnout, very VERY much appreciated Looks like GH5 will be put to rest on the stream for quite some time.

So, accomplishments over the past few days, eh? Let's start with a new OMBFC:

Normally I'd still suck at drums, but I somehow got it on my first try. >_> The guitar part was kinda interesting with a lot of purples, but it's something; string ensembles ftw.
I had already gotten the bass and vocal parts when going for their respective FGFCs.

And to cap it off, my last sets of DLC FCs before moving on:

"Ready to Fall" (Rise Against) - Remembering that Kire wanted me to sing it on one of my streams but I didn't have the song at the time, I thought I'd try it and see what happens. While it was taken down quickly, I certainly don't think it's easier than Death Blossoms, far from it.
"Supernatural Superserious" (R.E.M.) - Short phrase breakdown and interesting variations means that this really shouldn't have been a 3 IMO. But hey, it's R.E.M., and there wasn't really anything too stupid in the pitch charting; just a bizarre margin for error.
"C'est Comme Ca" (European 3) - Pretty much the French speaking equivalent to "Take a Picture" if you ask me. The ending was chokable enough with all the subtle variations down the line, but all in all it comes down to confining it all to memory.
"Get Out of Denver" (Bob Seger) - Surprised me that I got it so quickly; there's so little breathing room here. And it's also a good thing that it's less than 3 minutes long, so yeah.
"How to Handle a Rope" (Queens of the Stone Age) - Found myself choking on the first chorus way too many times. Bleedin' awkward chord progression, and it makes it even harder to find the right notes in certain phrases. Probably the trickiest of the QotSA pack, even if I've only sung 2 songs from it so far.
"Mexicola" (Queens of the Stone Age) - The phrase that Parz struggled with is kinda overrated IMO. It's more like a mini variation on the "gotta get my feet down here on the ground" phrase of "Never Too Late", and if I could manage that, then I guess it made me ready for then. Sure is a lot of dead space tho... >_>
"Old Time Rock & Roll" (Bob Seger) - Fun song! Shame that the ending has some slight natural/sharp shifts, which made it a little bit uneasy there when going for the FC.
"Her Strut" (Bob Seger) - I'd call this my toughest FC of the day; small margin for error + several tough stepped slides + tricky to memorise ending = one heck of a chart. So it's fair to say that pulling off this one, in spite of it not being harder than any of my top 10 hardest GHWT era FCs, was very fulfilling.

As I leave behind the DLC for a while, I might as well take the time here to state what I felt to be my hardest FCs from the GH5 era. I may be almost done with them, but there may be a little more kick left:

10. A Classic Case of Transference (Fall of Troy) (chart c/o Elfson)
To me, I found this the trickiest one to do in what I felt was an otherwise enjoyable pack. Much like all Fall of Troy songs, the vocals themselves tend to shift all over the place which made it interesting enough to belt out; in addition to that, the continuous key shifting made it hard to keep strongly on tune at certain points. Having fallen victim to the ending several times, especially that last "floor again" phrase, it's fair to say that this was one monster of an FC.

9. Sound of Madness (Shinedown)
This was one song that I had struggled to try and FC, all for a multitude of reasons: an intro that I very rarely EVER can hit in the original octave, awkward pitches for the second half of each verse and a similarly uncomfortable ending, which makes it easy to choke and pathing to merely be an afterthought. Shinedown fans apparently might have less of an issue with it, but it's still generally a fiddly chart to try and clear.

8. The Seven Deadly Sins (Flogging Molly)
The Celtic equivalent to "Play With Me", anyone? Anyway, at less than 3 minutes long and with an intensity of 9, there's clearly a lot to remember when trying to fulfil the chart. And even when it comes to executing, the margin for error once again makes performance an extremely difficult thing to push aside, though luckily variation in the verses was very small. On the upside, the Flogging Molly pack in general was one of the most fun recommendations I had received when I started taking requests, so thanks Kire!

7. Just Dance (Lady Gaga f/ Colby O' Donis ~ Pop)
At 104 phrases long, this song has the highest phrase count that I've ever seen in a DLC chart. For the most part it's alright to perform which explains its reasonable placement at a 5, but if you take the tight margin for error into consideration along with the awkward charting for everything past the second chorus (especially Colby's parts), this could very well be seen as the equivalent of "Semi-Charmed Life" on the DLC front if you ask me. I guess my appreciation for Lady Gaga went up tenfold when going on to sing this thing... >_>

6. The Stroke (Billy Squier) (no vox vid yet - Expert Drums chart c/o drummerrockband)
Now this one was a very awkward FC. "Lonely is the Night" may have been a floozy in the GH5 setlist, but when going ahead with this chart it ended up being extremely hard to learn; some of the slides there also made it very hard to keep consistent on, especially when succeeding past the second chorus and choking too often in verse 3. So in general, a tight chart with very unexpected results, and one of two (the other one being "Ticks") that I failed to grab in one sitting alone.

5. Cousins (Vampire Weekend)
I don't even think this deserved the 6 that it got; ridiculous breakdown is ridiculous, not to mention that some of the subtle variations in the verses and choruses made it so tricky to keep precision entirely. It's not too bad to actually perform though, but it actually takes some time to try and keep consistency with it as well. It's a funny song though nevertheless, hence why I bet I'm gonna get a lot of requests for it on my stream in the next few months..... lol.

4. All the Right Moves (OneRepublic) (chart c/o parzrevenge)
Yet another chart that makes it painful enough to try and nail the pitches as well as maintain lung power at the same time. Awkward variations at certain points made it an even more fiddly FC than anticipated, especially during the second verse IMO. If you ever want to make a move on this FC, remember to take a pair of iron lungs - they're probably going to help you moreso in keeping combo than any kind of performance on this one.

3. Lonesome Road Blues (Joe Bonamassa ~ New Blues Masters)
What would be harder than 2 minutes of constant singing, you're possibly asking? A chart with 2 of the most difficult warbles that I have ever come across. >_> Nevertheless, breathroom isn't a problem with this song but remembering the pitches definitely is, which means when you're not too worried about breaking past the slight variations in the verses, it all ultimately comes down to the fiddly warbles, one of which had to be ridiculously broken down at the end. A very challenging FC!

2. Rag Doll (Aerosmith)
For several months since its release, this had been the most difficult GH5 era song I had encountered, and one that I so fondly remember racing dr00bles for the first FC. It was extremely difficult though, and that's more than just the scatsville ending; in general, the rhythms made it hard enough to keep the ticks in one place, and I found it even moreso in both the second and third choruses more than anywhere else. If you're a vocalist and want to consider the pack, then by all means go for it!

1. Under My Thumb (Rolling Stones [Live]) (no vox vid yet - Expert Guitar chart c/o guitarherofiveplaya)
You probably didn't see it coming, but still, what can be worse than the mad pipes of Steven Tyler? The raw pipes of one Mick Jagger!! Anyway, it's a lot like "Salute Your Solution" in a way that no verse or chorus is the same, which made it extremely hard to memorise and execute. And once you're past the third chorus, you've got the drawn out ending and the awkward pitch chartings there to try and deal with. Add to that that there's no way that I can even do the ending in the original octave at all and we have ourselves a beastly chart that frustrated the hell out of me. In fact, a good portion of the entire pack can be like that so if anyone wants to really push themselves to the limit as a singer, then you should give it a go!

So I guess I'm pausing on the DLC for a while. I'll be back soon enough to finish it all off.

But wait... what's this I see coming up in the last minute; a burden that had been pushing against me for some time:

Freakin' FINALLY!! Who said that girls are wimps on the plastic guitar, huh?! And whoever said that "Satch Boogie" is a piece of cake can go suck a dick, because I'm annoyed by being told that those who can't pass "Satch Boogie" full stop can go suck a dick too.
Whichever, that makes me REALLY ready now if I've been able to conquer the big boys. GH:WoR will be an incredible experience!

Oh yeah and Kire wants me to mention that we got 5 co-op FCs last night, 3 of those being confined to film. We got "Deadbolt", "Sweating Bullets", "Bullet with Butterfly Wings", "Song 2" (lol) and "Runnin' Down a Dream", and 2 of those will end up on YT later this week :p

So yeah, I'll see you all on Friday when I have the game and I would have had played around with it

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job I wooffus I envy you...not only for the fact that you have almost completely decimated GHDLC but you're getting GHWoR first! I expect some videos so I can make it through those 4 painful days...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, AWESOME JOB

and that kire guy that got sweating bullets and running down a dream is awesome xD

anyways great job on everything

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very good top 10 lists!

i was EXTREMELY suprised to see cousins made the top 5, as although its widely regarded as lolwut hard, i thought i was the only one that would dare place it that high, but now its nice to know someone else thinks so too XD

ill have to check some of these out eventually, especially under my thumb, seeing as u gave it a higher ranking than rag doll, the song i was almost certain would take the #1 spot :O

and as always it was a blast hanging out at ur stream

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohai again and thanks

Werelord: Well, there's been more than a few vids up that's for sure: there's been streams everywhere too! I'll be sure to provide some stuff for tonight if you're still game

Kire: And that Wooffus lass who sung well is also awesome. Was fun playing with you!

parzrevenge: See, you know "Cousins" isn't overrated if it's a troublesome spot for others as well. Again, enjoyed your run on "Bodhisattva" earlier this week; Cubs is seriously going to kick himself for seeing that it can be passed, let alone FC'd Thanks for coming over!

And so, we move on to the end of another week, and a NEW GAME! I have opening thoughts on the first post, as well as my first 2 vox FCs from it

---

Update: September 24th 2010

Video Features:

BH Import: Warwick Avenue
Van Halen: Intruder / (Oh) Pretty Woman
WoR: Seven Nation Army | Ties That Bind (YT | DM)

Not much to say about the first two vids except that they're redos, and in "Warwick Avenue"'s case was the last performance I did in GH5. Kinda fun to do, hence something to leave behind.

But still, it actually happened!!

So I got the guitar bundle (because my WT-tar has seen better days) and it's been doing alright, taking a while to get used to tho since I've coped with a broken whammy for over a year (!!) but it's definitely something.

So what have I done so far? Well, I've created my custom again (though with no "low maintenance" hair model I've had to give her a haircut too >_>), sung a couple of songs without practice (the two up there) and started to plow through quest mode. At this point, I've unlocked 5 characters and still need to make a move on Pandora, Casey and Axel before making a move on the beast. My arm's kinda cramp from strumming so much though, but that's the price we pay.

I give my thanks to pedrohero (K1NGP3DR0 at the GH Hub) for running a stream last night to demonstrate the vox engine for us. Though he initially took it up for a laugh, it's made me feel more relaxed in regards to the performance aspect; I haven't been able to perform so well in the GH5 engine in comparison to others on the Wii, even though I'm so close to FCing almost all the DLC available there.

Yet, some of his FCs were remarkably close calls, and it tells me that it seems to be looser than what the staff seemed to be expected. But I'll only figure out for sure when I start knuckling down into more songs, especially what could be branded as some of the more difficult. I started off with "Ties That Bind" because that stuck in my head a lot not long after Pedro played it (Alter Bridge wins), and "Seven Nation Army" because I already knew it well enough from my college days. To say that I got them both down without any practice (and in the case of 7NA I've never even seen the chart before) pretty much speaks volumes over how loose it somehow feels to me, though we may need vocalists on other consoles to provide us with a second opinion.

Anyway, I've got myself a little project over the next few weeks to go FGFC the game. I've got more important priorities right now with Quest Mode and unlocking the other songs for it, so we'll see what happens.

I'll be streaming the game tonight, and I'll even open myself up to songs on all instruments if anyone's got anything. Seeya there

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice getting WoR, and doing good stuff already on stream!

And sorry for the sudden exit from your stream. Ya know, I have a life to take care of, and ESPECIALLY a family that gets worked up when I stay on the computer 30 minutes after everyone comes back from work to worry about.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus. ^^

Don't worry about leaving; people come and go at any time, I should know by now. Seeing you there was still awesome enough

And of cousre, on that stream came a faster vox progress than I thought. I even did a new one this morning to add to the count, so here's to a fury of the update storm, that's for sure. For victory we ride!

---

Update: September 26th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Call Me the Breeze (Live) | Fury of the Storm (YT | DM)
BH Import: L.E.S. Artistes
Metallica: Fade to Black

A lot of vids again today. What we have here are 2 new FCs obtained since the Friday update in regards to WoR coverage, plus a BH-based FC which was in dire need of a redo, and possibly my last Metallica video to be done in the original game before getting to (hopefully) play around with the imports in a few days time.

But I digress, I'm getting used to the engine, and even moreso when going through everything that happened over Friday's stream. In fact, a lot of my accomplishments were done through that, so let me refresh it all for you:

1. My status with GH:WoR at the start was that I was almost done with Casey and was halfway through Axel for Quest Mode. So I started by finishing them off:
    - Sharp Dressed Man
    - Scumbag Blues
    - Renegade
    - Pour Some Sugar On Me
    - Jet City Woman
    - Indians (lolanthraxcharts)
    - Bat Country
  2. The Battle against the Beast!! It took m 3 tries to find a party formation that worked, especially for one that would get me through "This Day We Fight", but I got there. "Sudden Death" was done on my first try.
  3. I discuss a little easter egg I notice in the end credits with the chat... I'm not spoiling anyone!!
  4. Kire then asked me to do "Black Widow of La Porte" now that I have access to it. So I did a run on Party Mode first, and seeing how I was never red, I then did it again in Quickplay to make the pass official!
  5. And then Ben asked for "Fury of the Storm". I dived straight in, hurting hands and all, and passed on my first try!

6. Aerolight asked for a guitar run on "Call Me the Breeze". That is one really odd chart if you ask me, haha.
  7. Someone else asked me to do "2112". At the same time, someone else also asked me to sing something. Settling for the best of both worlds, I sightread the 7-song suite on vocals! 5 of the parts were FCs, and I believe part 6 was kinda close in that regard.
  8. Continuing with the vocal charm, a request for "We're Not Gonna Take It" came not long after. That too ended up being a sightread FC.

9. Then I was asked for "Bohemian Rhapsody". That ended up being a -4 run, including a ridiculous harmony error at the beginning. XD
  10. Ben asked me to then turn color shuffle on, and Kire then wanted me to try "This Day We Fight" on vocals. Terrible sightread, but it still got me 5 stars, and... what the hell does color shuffle do anyway?
  11. I found out what when someone asked for "Calling" on guitar. Holy smarties, batman!!
  12. Wanting to return to vocals, I put the leniancy of the engine to the ultimate test. How the hell did I get THAT on my first try?! Seriously... wut?

13. Aerolight wanted "Call Me the Breeze" AGAIN, so I sung it this time. Sightread FC!
  14. I then vanished from the vox again to do some more guitar runs. The last songs were done here:
    - Chemical Warfare (after this song I turned off color shuffle because it was too confusing)
    - Ties That Bind
    - Nemesis

Thanks again, you're a good audience

Today, having seen that I unlocked the demi-god songs, I then took it upon myself to go get the vox FC for "Fury of the Storm". It's actually quite tricky to perform; the syllables go so fast it's untrue, which meant it took me a while to get into a form to be happy with. No worries, I nailed the pitches nevertheless.

So I guess this leaves me here; I'm heading on a day trip tomorrow so I won't be able to nail much else for another 48 hours yet. But I'm still gonna make the best of it

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Benster26  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Hey Tidus. ^^

Don't worry about leaving; people come and go at any time, I should know by now. Seeing you there was still awesome enough

And of cousre, on that stream came a faster vox progress than I thought. I even did a new one this morning to add to the count, so here's to a fury of the update storm, that's for sure. For victory we ride!

I thought you had fced it when I went on to star challenges and saw that you had a FotS score in on vox, good job.

And yay I beat you on FotS, I'm really liking these challenges, lets agree on something. I wont beat your FotS vox score (I cant but ) and you dont beat my FotS guitar score

The game is so good.... just saying

Back on the 11th!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben, you always have to pick on the weakest targets to rock scores with, don't you?

Still, it may even be loose enough for you to FC something on vocals for once, I'm sure of it. It'll be awesome to see you try :P

Alas, I guess today left me feeling more cautious about myself than the usual. Concerns about the engine have left me feeling as if Wii gamers have been let off easy again. But yet on this day... wii must fight.

See what I did there?

---

Update: September 28th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Self-Esteem | This Day We Fight (YT | DM)
BH Import: Oh Pretty Woman
Van Halen: Come to Life

Well, looks like the americans are getting the game too today! And as that happens, I got another update of my own to put forth.
"Oh Pretty Woman" pretty much would mark my last GH5-based recording. I swear it's become harder when I ended up with a new TV, and don't ask me how.
"Come To Life" kinda mirrors what happened when *I* got GH:WoR, and I opened my FGFC attempt with another Alter Bridge song. Kinda appropriate for the Americans getting it officially.

"This Day We Fight" marks one of today's FCs, and a big highlight. Damn you Mustaine for being such an awkward vocalist yet above average guitarist. >_>
However, I guess watching parz's run of the same song when I came home from work today made me doubt the engine a lot; hence "Self-Esteem" coming alongside it. Is this apparent lack of looseness just for the PS3, or are Wii owners getting the shaft again?

Whichever, I got a handful more as well, as you can also probably see:

"Machinehead" - I think the only bothersome lines are the "and i walk on my machine" lines during the choruses; I never was a big fan of fast moving notes. But once I got consistent, I never looked back.
"Again" - Slower highway made this so much easier to perform. Fun is tolerable; I almost gave way on the high notes a few times. But let's just say it didn't give me any trouble.
"Burn" - See above. The sparseness of the phrases made it even easier of an FC, but then again, it's Deep Purple so no complaining!
"The Feel Good Drag" - I thought I was gonna get caught out by the second chorus on my FC, but oh well...
"Wish" - I think I've lost count of all the "fist fuck" line chokes I've had. Kinda picky and interesting to knuckle down and learn.
"I'm Not Okay (I Promise)" - Fun to belt out, though not really sure why it's a 7 in spite of the pace of its chart. I say it should've really been a six, but there's way too many of those already.
"No More Mr. Nice Guy" - Am I the only one that finds the last phrase bothersome? It's a slide that took me some time to figure out, one that I really couldn't slither down naturally. *shrug*
"Savior" - Well, I guess the complexity of this chart made my appreciation for Rise Against go up tenfold. A real challenge to learn AND perform if you ask me, and one that I should hopefully host on my YT channel in a few days as well.

I also grabbed the Metallica imports today and would also do some videos for some of those as I promised. Yep, now with 100% less freeform garbage!

And until next time I have stuff down, seeya

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Parz himself said though, it's too early for him to take any verdict. Stay chill!

Anyway, nice job on tackling another hard song! I personally have a nice history with "bad" singing considering what I have, but learning songs like this proves to be really awkward whatsoever. There's much more to do, but I'm sure you'll make it!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 37 of 49

Jump to: