SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus. ^^

I can see that you're insisting that there's more free room for XBox vocalists, though we can't know for sure until you try it yourself as well. I know you can make good work of a lot of them

It gets awkward when someone told me that one of today's vocal runs sounded a bit "off" to them. I don't really know, I listened carefully to the vocal track and worked hard... is there really anything else left to save?

Ahem, first post :P

---

Update: September 30th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Savior (YT | DM) | We're Not Gonna Take It)
BH Import: Naive
Metallica Import: Mommy's Little Monster (Live)

A more modest update today, I believe, but it'll be worth it.
Today's uploads took me to some of my earlier FCs obtained, and a request for a very fun Rise Against song. Challenging to learn though, but probably more wothwhile to do than any of their songs represented in the past?
"We're Not Gonna Take It" also proves that Star Power Tap is back on. I guess I needed to have turned it off before making a move on the run... oops!
"Naive" is the second to last of the BH vids I shall host, and one that often gets very underlooked. Why? Even in BH it's pretty fair to tackle and should've really been lower than a 7.
And "Mommy's Little Monster" is the first of a set of Metallica imports. Don't expect me to do the entire pack; just the songs that I lost with my old PC.

Talking of which, let me quickly link to something amusing that happened just before the solo for "Creeping Death" -

Anyway, moving on.
So, at one point while Kire was working on Quest last night, he invited me to be part of a group to get through some of it. We only finished off Austin's chapter and were partway through 2112 before we got disconnected though, but I managed to get a fair handful of fresh FCs from it:

"Fortunate Son" - Looked kinda tricky on glance, but like most Creedence Clearwater Revival songs it's short and sweet. And there didn't seem to be much variation which made it a little easier to keep to memory as the song went on.
"Free Ride" - I remember this song for all the wrong reasons. While I managed to pass "Black Widow of La Porte" and "Fury of the Storm" on my sightreads, I completely fell apart at the freakin' intro to this song on my guitar sightread. Oh well, all the better and at least the vocal chart is a lot less painful.
"2112 Part 2" - No way of tracking scores between songs meant that I've had to make it official alone afterwards. Epic high notes are indeed epic. Also, Kire kinda owes me a Part 4 FC given that we got disconnected just before my vocal part was over then. >_>

Not too bad being with him tonight, and I'm glad I also learnt that the PAL/NTSC barrier is down too from that experience, so I'm open to all regions now!

I'll leave it here til tomorrow where I'll have more to express to you; be patient

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
irving12345  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so 20 FCs already huh? great job wooffus keep it up im sure your not really struggling with any of these are you?? well good luck with the rest

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say that some of these are a struggle; they're challenging to learn, that much is true, but fun nevertheless.

Yet, I ended up with a new found struggle lately - a sore throat. That's soon going to develop into a cold before I know it, just like what happened with GH5. What's God bestowing onto me - Sudden Death from above?

Epic link is epic. First post, and expext stream to start in 10 minutes!

---

Update: October 1st 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Machinehead | Sudden Death (YT | DM)
BH Import: The Impression That I Get
Metallica Import: Seek & Destroy

Active Friday is active again... somehow. :P Let's go through today's submissions on vid.
Because I've caught yet ANOTHER cold and stuff, odds are I need to cut back on the amount of vids I do and just focus on quality ones when I get the chance. "Sudden Death" is an example on how I'm sounding at the moment - I'm not really bummed up, but the sore throat that I've had for the past 24 hours is making me come across as the bastard child of Dave Mustaine and Lily Allen.
Luckily, "Machinehead" was obtained on the day I got it when I was still nice and healthy. And why not? Bush songs are fun too right?
And finally the two imports. "The Impresison That I Get" marks the last Band Hero one, and "Seek and Destroy" marks the first proper Metallica import after having a guest up yesterday. That'll soon trickle down real soon

Either way, let me get down to what I got over the past 24 hours.
With the NTSC/PAL barrier completely removed in GH6, Werelord asked me to play with him and I was so keen to say yes. We played a few songs together, and I managed to get new vox FCs on these particular songs:

"Interstate Love Song" - Re-done alone because I had no idea how to bring up my stats after being done with the song. Probably one of the more leniant STP charts I've come across, and I guess I'm just kinda good with grunge.
"Renegade" - Lol Styx. Which reminds me, EXPORT MR ROBOTO ALREADY!!
"Unskinny Bop" - This one ended up being kinda close at the beginning, but when I got into it I managed to put in my best effort into it. Fun Poison songs are fun.
"Bodies" - This song never leaves my head, I swear. And the scale makes it kind of easy enough to keep track of the pitches, I believe.
"Hard to See" - The first song I heard in the lobby when I got the game, I guess it stuck more in my head a lot then, which made it a fair SRFC there.
"(You Can Still) Rock in America" - Night Ranger wins! Mad props also go to Were for handling that solo a lot better than me
"Motivation" - Co-op FC. Had to work since it's pop punk; my end was a little close due to me not singing the song all that many times, but I'm glad I got there.
"Dancing Through Sunday" - Not too impressed by the vocal chart for this song in comparison to past AFI songs; there were some parts in the backing vocals that could've easily been charted in the front to offer more fun belting it out, but nevermind.

Later on, Kire joined us and took up bass duty. We played some more and it's during then that I got these too:

"Ravenous" - All I remember about this one was that I did my best Crack Stuntman impression on this one. I swore with a voice tone like that that's the first thing that comes to mind. >_>
"Sudden Death" - Surprised me that I got this one so quickly, but hey, it's more structured in comparison to other Megadeth songs so I can understand how.
"Children of the Grave" - FINALLY rectified that -1 I got with Kire's questing on Wednesday night. I swear that was too clumsy for its own good X_X
"Calling" - They had to go through the stats screen too fast to take a pic, so I had to redo it alone this morning. Interesting one to learn; I remember that i was worried about missing the first phrase but there was really nothing to worry about there; long drawn out phrases to just focus on belting out.

I'll leave it here, and it won't be long til I get a stream going. I'll inform you all when I'm set

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...I guess people prefer to see me in one piece.

But still, when it comes to combatting colds, I'm all "vive la fucking chance man" as I get through what happened last night. Epic Stream update abound, with 7 new FCs and one awesome guitar achievement!

---

Update: October 2nd 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Deadfall (YT | DM) | No Way Back)
Metallica: Albatross
Van Halen: Ain't Talkin' Bout Love

Another update, another set of progress.
And I just HAD to come down with a cold at this moment in time, which makes the submission of "Deadfall" extremely appropriate. >_>
"No Way Back" pretty much demonstates how much more difficult I'm finding it to perform in this condition, so please bear with me ladies and gentlemen.
"Albatross" is the last on-disc GH:M submission I'll send; the rest will be squarely imports.
And finally, "Ain't Talkin' Bout Love". I knew this one well enough before getting the game, but other than that, no real significance. *shrug*

Still, the setlists for them are coming on nicely, may I add.

Anyway, I thank you guys for coming over to my stream last night! Let me summarise it with everything that happened:

1. Wanting to embrace a subtle warmup, the first thing I did when I booted up GH:WoR was vox FC-ing "Tuesday's Gone" (Metallica Import).
  2. Kire wanted to take the time to co-op with himself as a drummer, so we played through a handful of songs together:
    -"Cherry Bomb"
    - "Burn"
    - "Modern Day Cowboy"
    - "Indians"
    - "2112 Part 4" (damnit -2!!)
    - "Wish" (lol kire got fist fucked)

3. Then it wasn't long until we got a full band going, with him towing in Interwebz on guitar (whom was in his Quest part on Wednesay night) and myself bringing K1NGP3DR0 along as a second vocalist. We did these songs together:
    - "Deadfall"
    - "Nemesis" (re-obtained solo because I was too slow to get to the status screen, and lol kire for failing a few times)
    - "Bohemian Rhapsody" (one phrase away from the end, and the guitarist being pulled away from playing resulted in last minute failure =()

4. Really wanting the Poor Boys achievement, I've had to kick Interwebz from the party to get it before Kire vanished for dinner. Pedro actually FC'd his part, so well done him! ^_^
  5. With Kire gone, Pedro and I played together with himself as the guitarist:
    - "The Feel Good Drag
    - "Jet City Woman" (eh, I'll get this eventually)
  6. Still feeling sorry for Interwebz, Kire brought him back when he finished eating and Pedro moved to bass as we did some traditional full band play on these songs:
    - "No Way Back"
    - "Self-Esteem"
    - "This Day We Fight!"
    - "Savior"

7. Kire stopped drumming and Interwebz left the group; with him being the new guitarist, we then went onto these:
    - "Move It On Over"
    - another run on "Indians", which resulted in Kire getting disconnected, Pedro losing connection and myself getting the freeze of death (ouch!)

8. After rebooting my Wii, Benster wanted to see me get back on guitar and do a run on "Fury of the Storm". It took me 4 tries to get past the intro before I realised my video sync was out of whack, so after fixing that I managed to get by. Damnit Ben!!
  9. Parama, this week's surprise visitor (^^), asked for a voxtar run on "Bohemian Rhapsody". I may have done voxbass before but never voxtar; luckily I had a mic stand now to give it a go, with rather amusing results may I add.
  10. This was the part where I had to stop singing; as soon as I set up the line-in jack, Interwebz invited me to 2-player co-op with him on guitar and me on bass. We did these together:
    - "Black Widow of La Porte"
    - "Ties That Bind" (done in 2 takes, apparently he wasn't ready the first time lol)
    - "Fury of the Storm" (wtf triplets on the bass? weird......)
  11. And then he vanished, so I did solo guitar for the rest of the night:
    - "Bat Country"
    - "Sudden Death" (complete with 5*!)
    - "Black Widow of La Porte"

Thanks for visiting all, much appreciated

I guess I also should keep steady for some of my next few FCs that come this way though due to this cold. But if I managed to get through the later stages of GH5 with one, odds are I'd come out of this one in quite the same way, having learnt from that experience.

Until next time, seeya ;)

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
irving12345  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn now that I actually thought I was gonna catch up to you on WoR FCs you go on to 40 just great

Anyway good job on the new FCs keep it up

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you and Were are kind of easily catching up now; it gets more intense when you guys are knuckling down so much. I think you're both gonna overtake *me* eventually

Which goes to show that this coming update is a little small, but it's something. Can I swing from a thread? Probably not in this update, but I'm still pretty much your friendly neighbourhood Spider-Wooff.
First post now! :P

---

Update: October 4th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Nemesis (YT | DM) | Ravenous
Metallica Import: Creeping Death
Van Halen: So This Is Love?

Well, I guess we got another modest update today. And at least there's something.
I've had a lot of people asking me to do "Nemesis" because of its 'epic female vocals'. Really, I wasn't expecting THAT to come out of the lead singer's mouth, so I guess it's back to trying to do a death metal growl again on this one. And yes, I'm aware that I STILL suck at it!
"Ravenous" though just had me mocking that retarded growl with my self-toned Crack Stuntman impression. That probably sucks even more, but it's something.
"Creeping Death" continues the lulz with that epic run that had me at 50k before the solo. Still a fun song to sing too.
And "So This Is Love"? is a real pain to perform, which explains its tier placement. Damnit Mr Roth!

As for stuff, I didn't do much today other than getting some FCs I got in co-op on vid; you never know when they may come in handy.
At some point though, fellow SH Wii user Uunoftw sent me an invite for some QP+. So I took up the offer, saw that he brought on someone I've never played with before, and played a few songs with them before being towed away for food. I got 2 new FCs from it tho;

"Suffocated" - Very confusing octave shifting to be done here, but I'm glad I managed to pull it off. That bridge is a little weird to remember though, but at least it's doable.
"Theme From Spiderman" - I guess if you knew the lyrics well enough, that would come off as a little too simple for a six. But it's the Ramones, and a cover of a Saturday morning cartoon theme, so what else can we ask?

I guess my update's gonna be very pathetic in comparison to my Wii bretheren, but whatever. I'll get there soon enough, I'm sure of it.

Also, welcome parzrevenge to Team Epic Fail! I guess we now have vocal representations on there for 3 separate systems, so it goes to show how much the family is expanding!

Anyway, I'll leave it here for now. Not a right lot else to say, but I'm sure I'll have more whenever I get another update down >.>

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiderman is an awesome song, but come on wooffus you can't let me beat you to the FGFC :p. Good job and keep up the good work!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why so much pessimism right now, let alone if the whole Wii vs. PS3/360 thing is true. That'd make things even better for you! o_O

No matter what is the leniency, people won't bother taking away the valor from these FCs. I resorted to the PS2 (even easier than Wii, mind you) help for the FSFC up to Band Hero, right? Right. Number of people throwing shit on me, on my thread, or wherever I was sharing the feat on: a splendid big fat ZERO.

And you're ahead of both Werelord and Irving on the top of it. There's a lot to do, but don't waver, or I'll have to take action on a GHVH throwback. And you don't want this to happen!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying again:

Werelord: Naw, still will be a while off before you can try and beat me. I'm sure I'll keep more on top of stuff, depending on how things go.

Tidus: Well, it would indeed make things better to perform, that much is true. But the last thing I want is any form of snobbery from other sides, and that's what worries me a lot more. I do recall what happened with you and the PS2 plight, which apparently seems to be non-existent going into this newer game in question; but remembering how people reacted, I'll see if I can take it to heart.
I know there's some bits and bobs to do left, but I'll be sure to keep on top of everything and see what can be done out of it.

So yeah, I guess online co-op tonight (repeat: tonight) didn't feel so hot.

Sun streaking cold, a young girl wandering lonely, taking time is the only way I know.
Throat hurting bad, as I bend to pic a mic end, I sit down on the floor and warm my feet.
Feeling alone, TEF's up the road; salvation a la mode and a cup of... hot chocolate? Wut.......
Aquawooff my friend, don't start again uneasy, you poor old sod you see it's only..... me

Guess that's a clue to one of 5 new FCs I got. First post!

---

Update: October 5th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Dancing Through Sunday | Motivation
WT: Vicarious (YT | DM)
Van Halen: Dope Nose

Another epic update coming. It's a little more plentiful than yesterday, let me assure you.
The two WoR tracks involved here have one that pretty much signalled the source of some of my more recent FCs ("Dancing Through Sunday") and a mini-Rock-Show that I feel as if I don't have much of what's in the title ("Motivation").
"Dope Nose" was thrown around as a gag between me and Stormi in regards to my cold situation, so that had to be inevitable too.

But most of all, go wish WarlordTM A happy birthday! My vox run on "Vicarious" is something seen as a little token to this killer PS3 drummer, so be sure to pass your best wishes on!

Anyway, recent FCs. Once again, Uuno and I ended up co-opping last night and we ended up getting a fair number of new ones, including some rare co-op FCs between both of us as vocalists!

"Bat Country" - Almost slipped up due to losing breath at the wrong time. I'll rectify that for vid!
"Burnin' For You" - I thought I might get thrown off by the harmonies there, but luckily there's quite a fair amount of room to re-compose yourself.
"Tick Tick Boom" - Funny song to sing; while the SP design wasn't as amusing as that as the guitar chart, I still got a kick from one of the band moments being on the end of a chorus tho.
"Money for Nothing" - I'm so sorry for picking that song, but you know what I'm like with the bleedin' Dire Straits. >_> Oh well, glad my run turned out just fine. Easier than Sultans, though still a little annoying.
"Aqualung" - Fucking FINALLY. Course, it being up on YT is never going to happen due to people telling me that it gets blocked worldwide if you try, which kinda still saddens me

Either way, 5 more for the set. And that takes me over to the HGFC! Goodness knows what the other half's going to turn out like, since I'm still itching to do some setlist requests and yet I barely have any to actually do. >_>

But I'll see you later when I got more... if I get more

Last edited by Wooffus on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, firstly there WILL be an update tonight but I want to get this off my chest.

So apparently, the more I play GH6, the less satisfied I end up being with the vocal engine. It's as if I'm being jumped down to medium, which to me seemed so unchallenging that it feels to much like a chore to breeze through. I wanted to at least sing the right pitch, but I didn't want it to be this loose; it's made me feel even unaccomplished as a vocalist.

And I know there are people here that are saying that they didn't get shunted for resorting to other systems to get FCs with, but at least back then you had people encouraging you to go all the way. The peers I have on the other hand are making me feel as if encouraging vocal growth on a particular system is a *bad* thing.

In addition, I've got *all* the time in the world to fulfil setlist vox requests and I haven't received any for at least a week. Not to mention that the attention on my vids have gone down a lot over the weekend with other vocalists chipping in too; it's as if they think in their head "lolwii", click dislike (optionally) and walk away.

Not even resorting to going for more "popular" songs is helping, if my confidence has been brought down even further with A) no help from close friends, and B) being hit by trolls again recently too. This has ultimately made me decide to disable comments on the run for "The Beautiful People" - the random Youtube visitors saying that I suck have ultimately won that battle. Because let's face it - with this loose engine, am I even going to be considered "non-sucky" anymore?

Sorry about this post, but it has to be said. My self-esteem is extremely poor right now, and I'm almost prone to call hiatus after I've got the update set. You guys better have a good reason to tell me not to, or I will do just that and let someone like irving get the first Wii FGFC, because I'm just not enjoying this at all right now.

irving12345  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks for saying "someone like Irving" and not Werelord lol thank you very much:)

Second you can't let those other people get to you. You have our (at least mine) support being a vocalist is not ad easy and no wii isn't easier I've played on 360 and PS2 and it's the same I don't know why people attack wii players.

Third being the first to FGFC WoR, that is if I beat werelord, won't feel as good cause I know you didn't even try I've waited long to beat someone like you to a FGFC but if you give up what is there to look up to. Don't give up now

I just realized that you will beat me if you start again but it will be a good race since I'm about 10 FCs above you

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
Well, firstly there WILL be an update tonight but I want to get this off my chest.

So apparently, the more I play GH6, the less satisfied I end up being with the vocal engine. It's as if I'm being jumped down to medium, which to me seemed so unchallenging that it feels to much like a chore to breeze through. I wanted to at least sing the right pitch, but I didn't want it to be this loose; it's made me feel even unaccomplished as a vocalist.

I get your point, I felt the same way when I was faking my way through RB2, when I was skilled enough to get the FGFC. But I was pointing out that, with the Wii's leniency (alriiiiiight, I can't win 'em all), things could be easier for you to get through the setlist as fast as you can, and never play the game again.

And I know there are people here that are saying that they didn't get shunted for resorting to other systems to get FCs with, but at least back then you had people encouraging you to go all the way. The peers I have on the other hand are making me feel as if encouraging vocal growth on a particular system is a *bad* thing.

People were encouraging me to keep resorting to the PS2, namely after the first blow with Stone Cold Crazy. And what am I doing here on your thread, or somewhere else? (Trying to) encourage you, or so I believe. They make you feel bad? Don't give a damn!

In addition, I've got *all* the time in the world to fulfil setlist vox requests and I haven't received any for at least a week. Not to mention that the attention on my vids have gone down a lot over the weekend with other vocalists chipping in too; it's as if they think in their head "lolwii", click dislike (optionally) and walk away.

If the positively unfun "playing for feedback" ordeal is still in motion, then there's nothing else for it.

Not even resorting to going for more "popular" songs is helping, if my confidence has been brought down even further with A) no help from close friends, and B) being hit by trolls again recently too. This has ultimately made me decide to disable comments on the run for "The Beautiful People" - the random Youtube visitors saying that I suck have ultimately won that battle. Because let's face it - with this loose engine, am I even going to be considered "non-sucky" anymore?

For Christ's sake, you don't have Band Hero under your belt? Since when you still run the risk of being "sucky" as a vocalist, even with that?

Sorry about this post, but it has to be said. My self-esteem is extremely poor right now, and I'm almost prone to call hiatus after I've got the update set. You guys better have a good reason to tell me not to, or I will do just that and let someone like irving get the first Wii FGFC, because I'm just not enjoying this at all right now.

I'm not demanding that you nail WoR immediately at all, even though I sound like I'm really demanding. But throwing away the chance to reclaim the FSFC because of condescending words from third parties isn't enjoyable either.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole "losing support from close friends" thing...I feel like i'm part of this as well. I feel like an idiot, in my own way for not posting here as much as I used to. It's just that i've been tired, and so busy, and lacking much motivation to post. While I haven't played the game much, what i'm hearing makes it look easy. I'm not trying to say you've guilted me into anything at all, but...

I don't care what happens from here, just do what you think is right.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:

If I'm part of the A) group then I'm sorry, but mainly this post is about the B) group. Everyone one to ever out a video on youtube has and will get trolled, heck even oddballz still gets called fake and a 'no life' on almost every video. Even the most subbed users on youtube still get troll... need I say his name, 'Hey its....'

Don't worry about the trolls, if they effect you that much just remove there comment or heck even report them, but don't disable comments and take away the chance for people to congratulate you on another fgfc, fsfc or maybe just an fc, more so if comments like these give you a bit more self esteem.

Wooffus wrote:
You guys better have a good reason to tell me not to

Nope, you've got a reason to go on this *unwanted by all* hiatus, so you should do it rather than forcing yourself to play a game that your not enjoying which would result in you just getting more and more frustrate with the game.

Be back soon.

Back on the 11th!
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replying time, quick surprising response:

irving: I wish I kind of knew where your motivation came from with this thing. You seem to tackle this really well, but let me open it for clarification: 360 was just with gh5, I'm guessing? I'm sure gh:wor seems more drastic than anything now, and I guess we need people to test across all systems to prove if my dreaded thoughts are true.
I know what you mean if you feel as if we didn't put up a fight if I just give up, but I know what you mean. It's gonna be hard just to try and keep cool, but we'll see what happens.

tidus: Very jumpy and up to defence, I see. I'm not saying once done it's never gonna be done again as it seems to be the new DLC platform now, but it seems as if once with a new game the pressure just piles on. I didn't want to make it feel like a chore, which was what made me come to that sudden conclusion in IRC.

chaosfreak: I believe the fact you made "Bohemian Rhapsody" your first FC is speaking volumes about the engine. But I do know how it feels; don't worry, you're not feeling guilty of anything.

benster: For your information, the trolls were just icing on the cake, and that "Beautiful People" vid in particular had had trolls every time someone ever decides to comment on it. Disabling comments is my way of just stopping them from attacking me and getting them to approach something else instead, because I'm just flat out SICK of it.
But if the hiatus is still "unwanted by all", then we'll see what happens. I don't want to feel like a failure if I don't fight well tho, but we'll see what happens.

Still, moving onto what IS in the update is a huge flood of FCs this morning. Clearly the day's events made me make a beast out of myself, and it takes away the pain of being a (wo)man.

---

Update: October 6th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Aqualung | Bat Country (YT | DM
Metallica Import: The Black River
Van Halen: Unchained

This may be a little bit of a subdued update, but we'll see what we can make of it.
"Aqualung" was meant to be my first FC, but a set of factors both held it back from being uploaded there, and then I found out earlier this week that its copyrighting meant that a Youtube upload was impossible anyway. So it might as well just stay on DM.
"Bat Country" marked the HGFC point for me, so it's fair to have that up there now. Win song is still win.
"The Black River"... ahem. Can someone explain to me how it got an 8 on vocals?!
And "Unchained" may be a song that I'm not so keen as much as the other tier 7s, but it's still alright, if only for the amusing break in the middle.

Still, having noticed how far others have flown, I somehow was keen to take some more FCs this morning. Here we go:

"Bleed It Out" - Hate post-Meteora LP. Good thing it's too easy to remember.
"Bloodlines" - Tried to work out an operatic arrangement on the spot. Came out a little too silly ^^*
"It's Just Another Parsec..." - Can't remember much about this one at all >_>
"Jet City Woman" - After all the times I sung it, I just needed the concentration to knuckle down and get it. I won't think it's among the top 10 hardest songs in the game like parz did though, but there sure is a lot to memorise still.
"Lasso" - Lol first phrase choke. Those slides are kinda weird tho, but that's what we expect from Phoenix.
"Rockin' in the Free World" - SP path fail. I'll get the diamond SP bank challenge later.
"Scumbag Blues" - Almost got caught out by the choruses, but at least I can see how they have a bit of a QotSA flavor in the vocal writing.
"Black Rain" - High notes are surprisingly high. This would be fun to do a vid for eventually!
"Dance Dance" - Down in two goes. Kire, learn the song before you try the FC again. I can see how tricky it is to learn tho, but still, it's fucking Fall Out Boy...!
"2112 Part 4" - GEEZ!!! That was another FC that took too long, so I can say I'm finally relieved down there.

So yes, that takes me to 59 FCs now. But whether I'd have the stimulation to keep going remains to be seen; I'm really starting to take a hatred to this engine now, and the way this community has somehow become is really upsetting me a lot (too many snobs now, damnit). Please refer to my other post as for how I'm bitter like this.

So, when will there be a next time? I really don't know. Would anyone care when there'll be a next time? I still don't know that either. All I know is that no matter what, I'm going to FIGHT for that FGFC. Indeed, I will ride it like a pony, and after that it'll be a LONG extended break. >_>

Last edited by Wooffus on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 38 of 49

Jump to: