ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
This game drops ticks for no reason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: This game drops ticks for no reason Reply with quote

In an effort to make pathing for vocals a much more mathematical process, I was in the process of finding the base score for an all talkies song on Expert and then comparing it to the base score of the same song on Beginner. I was then going to do ANOTHER all talky song and see if a multiplicable scale could be applied to Beginner vocals to get their Expert phrase base score.

What ended up happening makes me rage. So. Hard.

To make sure you know how hard I have been trying, I noticed a difference in multiple runs of the same song when just holding a note with my own voice. I figured I was fluctuating in volume/running out of breath, so I put it to a fan. When the fan started doing the same thing, I figured my mic may just not be as receptive to the fan as I had hoped.

So my next step to ensure CONSTANT, UNWAVERING NOISE was make a 100hz tone that lasted 14 minutes come out of my subwoofer using Audacity.

I then proceeded to stick my microphone INTO my subwoofer.

Here are the results, phrase by phrase, with 2 runs next to each other, up through the first verse of Nemesis:

Cool so far

You can make out 2148 through the star gaining explosion. Again, so far so good.

WHAT.

I REPEAT.

WHAT.

Hell I'm not even gonna post the rest of the verse, since it shows the 20 point difference for the rest.

The EXACT SAME SITUATION was produced each time. I didn't move the microphone. Hell, it was the same tone for both runs, I didn't even start and stop the tone, it was the exact same playthrough of a 14 min 100hz tone.

Conclusion: this game drops ticks for no reason.

Good day <_<

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting find Yusuke, but I ended up noticing almost the exact same thing with all-talkie songs on GH5 as well; hence differing scores are noted with the same path and the same constant hum. Some people even got different scores every time, so I can see how it got transferred here too.

In short - don't *all* games drop ticks for no reason?

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That being said, Im finding a 5.5 mulitiplicative scale between Beginner and Expert. The lower decimals vary, sometimes as much as .04, but its pretty consistent at 5.5~

We could apply this, don't ya think?

You can use it as a guide, at the very least. record a beginner run, find the base score on beginner (and base score per phrase), multiply each by 5.5 and you can figure out which phrases are actually worth more. knowledge of bpm and measures and stuff would obviously be needed as well, but its better than nothing :P

yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this on 2112 Part 7. I did the same exact thing every time and my score was different every time. (Incidentally, because of this it's the only part of 2112 on which I don't have 1st place )

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: