ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The GH:WoR Vox FC Breakdown Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boss1592  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
That PS on your video was kinda of a low blow tidus...

I never said that TDWF was lolez I said the chart wasn't bad, BIG difference.

As you should know I love megadeth and I have their full discography

and if I know the song well and fc it kinda quick it makes me think teh chart isn't bad

the chart is bad, its no different than if a beastie boys song was all charted as pitches or something. its unfair to ask you to sing that, within the confines of the engine, a song that dave is growling on basically, there is no way that about 80% of the phrases on that song should be charted. it makes the charting on sultans of swing and sweating bullets look perfect

a song can be badly charted without having the pitches charted as the wrong pitch. you can have something like rock star where the phrases are cut in half for absolutely no reason, or songs like this, where everything is hyperaccurately charted, and its a bit unfair to expect you so sing like that within the confines of the game, THATS why TDWF is a bad chart

in my opinion, TDWF is the hardest vocal CHART in GH history. not the hardest FC, but if every song released for GH so far was put on the same game, same engine, then that song would probably come out on top for me, its close between it and rock star. the only reason its do-able is because the GH6 engine is alot looser than all the other ones.

and i agree with what parz said

and tones of home is loloverrated

and sudden death should stay where it is

Last edited by boss1592 on Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:

and if I know the song well and fc it kinda quick it makes me think teh chart isn't bad

And I did know the song pretty well too, knew it better than Tones - started listening to the setlist intensely 2 months ago.

Whether that line is a low blow or not, that's the only way I found fit at this moment to manage my mental conditions to make this FGFC journey. I still remember the pressure I had to deal with on Smash Hits. Just think about it. Wouldn't that have pissed me enough to take such a measure like the said "low blow"?

If I really believed that TDWF would be a low 70 song for me too, I'd ignore it for now, like I'm doing with the current low 70's. Just imagine if I ended up saving it for the final stretch.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
StormEagle  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who said that TDWF should be "low 70s" anyway? For the record: I DIDN'T sr fc that song and it took me quite some time to memorize and FC it. I DON'T say that song is lolez! It's hard! But I still think that I am allowed to offer my opinion on the position of that song because I actually sang EVERY song in this game and FC'd the game. Tones of Home is harder because it's harder to learn and has more tricky phrases and less room for breathing.

Tidus, it's also "nice" how I state facts and opinions about WHY I find TDWF easier but you just didn't react to it and instead just gave me that footnote...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
Who said that TDWF should be "low 70s" anyway?

werelord wrote:
honestly the MD songs should be low 70s

Does that answer your question?

Still, I know that there are a lot of people here that have sent the difficulty for "This Day We Fight" up for a huge debate, which was why I had to add that footnote in the OP. I've come to the conclusion that the Wii has a drastic engine difference in comparison to others, which makes it even more difficult to judge on; I've had to take visual recrdings of others into account for some of those choices, as well as my own personal experiences.

And just for the record... "Tones of Home" was indeed tough, but it still went down on my second try >_>

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
irving12345  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok time to make my opinion here

so i thought tones of home was by far the hardest song at all not too far from bohemian although bohemian was not ten but tones of home deserves the ten

as for this day we fight that song is nowhere hear tones of home that went down only on my third try so low 70's sounds right to me

parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
moar TDWF vs TOH arguments

again, u guys just have NO idea how difficult TDWF is capable of being due to engine differences, thats not ur fault, but just try and put urself in our shoes....

not saying TOH is easy either, like i said, there is NO #1 hardest song in the game imo...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:

stormeagle wrote:
The song is barely over 3 minutes long, has no short or fast phrases.

lol to both of those statements, again, same shizz, engine differences, blah blah blah...

length and short/fast phrases =/= hard song all the time

sry 4 double post ;D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
kire wrote:

stormeagle wrote:

lol to both of those statements, again, same shizz, engine differences, blah blah blah...

Honestly I need this explained to me. I think if this song was even in the GH5 engine I could FC it. I don't see the big deal. I know different engines, but if the song was 100x harder I think I still could FC it easily. To me the pitches are crystal clear (at least as clear as Dave Mustaine gets) so seriously what's the big deal? (wishes he had a 360 so he could find out)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:
kire wrote:

stormeagle wrote:

Honestly I need this explained to me. I think if this song was even in the GH5 engine I could FC it. I don't see the big deal. I know different engines, but if the song was 100x harder I think I still could FC it easily. To me the pitches are crystal clear (at least as clear as Dave Mustaine gets) so seriously what's the big deal? (wishes he had a 360 so he could find out)

ur probably THINKING ur singing the pitches right and all, as ive heard wooffus' run of TDWF fcd, but unfortunately ur probably not, a lot of the pitches are half steps away from each other, from what u THINK is the right pitch, thus causing ur streak to break, and thus poorly charted and at least somewhat difficult, not saying u absolutely couldnt fc it then, but it will definitely get u a reality check in what we had to endure through X_X

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
as ive heard wooffus' run of TDWF fcd, but

I don't want to discredit wooffus here, but that video isn't a good example. She didn't quite "get" the song, I sang different pitches that made more "sense" when I fc'd the song and I bet Kire did the same because he is the person who is most familiar with the song.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormEagle wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

I don't want to discredit wooffus here, but that video isn't a good example. She didn't quite "get" the song, I sang different pitches that made more "sense" when I fc'd the song and I bet Kire did the same because he is the person who is most familiar with the song.

true (no offense wooffus :P) but whos to say u guys didnt get it either? id need to hear ur actual runs as well...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parzrevenge wrote:
StormEagle wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

true (no offense wooffus :P) but whos to say u guys didnt get it either? id need to hear ur actual runs as well...

is that a challenge?

if so I'll take it

Pieman on IRC wrote:
21:43 JustPieman2 Okay so
21:44 JustPieman2 Dave Mustaine walked into a bakery
21:44 JustPieman2 There was a Tornado of Rolls!
parzrevenge  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kire wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:
StormEagle wrote:
parzrevenge wrote:

is that a challenge?

if so I'll take it

lol idk, go for it, but honestly it probably wont solve anything in the long run, u just wont get to experience the strictness and "brokenness" of the chart like we do, not ur fault, thats just how things are

anyways, im not trying to put u guys down or anything, im just suggesting we need a separate list to finish off this fc placing feud, then there will be no more arguments and such over this...if not, well TDWF ABSOLUTELY deserves its high spot at least, regardless of the wii overall opinion...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once I will get a decent recording device, I will make a video if you like.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just gonna say that Wish, Been Caught Stealing and Setting Fire... shouldn't be that high.
Wish is a simpler equivalent of They're Red Hot on RB, which is ridiculously manageable within a run through. Yes, Trent has a retarded voice that fluctuated between screaming and singing, but Wish is not THAT hard.
Been Caught Stealing had a pretty small range when I sung it :l I dunno whether that's because I'm abusing octaves or something (seeing as though I am a very low octave singer with no falsetto) but I feel that songs like Unskinny Bop, Modern Day Cowboy, I Know What I Am and Reignition are much harder.
And I don't thing Setting Fire really warrants that space, the pitched phrases are quite weird, but there just isn't that many of them. Again, it might be my familiarity with manipulating the kind of octave that Greg Puciato works in, but I think Setting Fire belongs no higher than 40 at a push.

Stuff I think should be moved up:
Unskinny Bop- that first phrase is a killer, and there are plenty more like it. The choruses are quite easy, but they are very hard to find and the don't have much leniancy in my opinion.
I Know What I Am- The bits where you dip down really low are a real combo breaker for me unless I start octave switching and then switching back for the next phrase which is really difficult. Anyone else with this problem?
Reignition- This song is lunacy. The only bits I can even got close to hitting is the bit with "We love to make you overstand" The rest is just so hard to find, it's on par with TDWF for mischarted talkies for me,
Ghost- Even with the added practice from the demo, I still struggle to 5* this. Thepitches are all very slidey, and you don't really realise you're not hitting it til it's too late.

Hope this input is actually right in any way XD

Eastwinn wrote:

I honestly don't get it. What is the point of riding someone's ass. What benefit does it bring you?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: