Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
expertwin  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the FSFC. Also, on YouTube, I'm music6maker33, so I sent you all those requests.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
FingerQuick  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amazing job wooffus, congrats

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
chaosfreak07  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see you have the re-FSFC, of course. Amazing job, not much else to be said.

And lol at your cat :P

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have regained the mighty grail good job!

Now let us wait for BH2 to challenge the vocal chords once more.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, thanks so much for the response in regards to the FGFC; very much appreciated
GH:WoR wasn't an easy process from start to finish, and I'm glad that I managed to make as much of a difference possible here. The support makes it feel very rewarding, I'm sure of it.

While I'm here I might as well bring up Friday's stream:

1. Still feeling Metallica somehow, I booted up GH:WoR and opened on an original octave (a first!) run on "King Nothing" (GHM Import), which somehow resulted with a -1.
  2. With there still being no one present at the time, I uUsed the randomiser to give me a random song, and it gave me "Nothing But a Good Time" (SH Import). Good choice!
  3. Found an expert guitarist to co-op with, calling themselves GMarrett, and we ended up doing 4 songs:
    - "Bohemian Rhapsody" (seriously, stop picking this every time you see a vocalist you don't know)
    -"Here We Go Again" (Band Hero/Disney)
    -"Burnin' For You"
    -"Bloodmeat" (Knuckle Sandwich; they wanted to add me after the second song so I thought I'd see what they could do with this before drawing conclusions)
  4. Paused due to poirot being a dick on Youtube towards *me* and my recently obtained re-FSFC; a discussion about Youtube dicks in general ensued, which linked nicely into Eric Douglace and his 'declaration of war against Justin Bieber haters'. Somehow that also led to outcries of "Bieber > Jane's Addiction", so to see if the theory fits, I did a guitar run on "Been Caught Stealing" once I was ready again. Lol barely 5 stars...
  5. A random discussion happened about epic guitar solos that don't get much credit, and following the trend of its discussion I did XGuitar runs on "One" (GHM Import; with 5 stars) and "Hangar 18" (Megadeth; damnit, never going to get 5 here...).
  6. Got back to trying to nail the first OMGWTFBBQ solo in "Fury of the Storm", albeit on full speed this time. And I actually nailed it O_o
  7. Kire then asked for co-op, so while waiting for him I did a vox run on "Astro Zombies" (All Hallows Eve). For some reason, consonants are still weird as ever, but oh well...
  8. Then someone asked for "The Black River" (GHM Import); for some reason I laughed close to the end, but forgotten what was the cause......
  9. StormEagle asked for a vox run on "Re-Ignition", however with people already heading for sleep, I had to stop the vox for the night early. Wut?
  10. Co-op with Kire! He sung, I shredded, he apparently struggled to get his phrase ratings registered between us... and I don't know how.
    - "Bat Country"
    - "Bloodmeat" (lol again)
    - "American Pie" (BH Import)
    - "Turn Off the Light" (BH Import)
    - "Aqualung"
    - "The Seven Deadly Sins" (Flogging Molly)
    - And we tried to do "Play With Me" (SH Import) but Kire lost connection mid-song... wut?
  11. While waiting for Kire to come back, I randomly decided to clear one of my rewards, and that was for passing "Holy Wars... The Punishment Due" on 'hard or above' bass (in my case expert level). But I wanted to take it one step further and 5* it on Expert... which somehow took me two goes. Wut?
  12. When Kire came back on, we played with Ben and him before closing down:
    - "Savior"
    - "Children of the Grave"
    - "Fury of the Storm" (I hate triplets... not to mention Kire got disconnected here)
    - "Sudden Death"
    - "Black Widow of La Porte"

Once again, thanks so much

I guess I'm back in the same boat I was when I started the game off - a little more vox pwnage left, you say. It's still going to be a little while longer, but once I'm set again I'll be back to tackle the rest of the DLC.
Let me say this here and now, and I don't care about the general Wii vocalist consensus - even though there's a new game, and everyone's clamoring over it, I'm still going to judge the rest of the pre-GH6 DLC in either GH5 or Band Hero like all the others before them, as I wish to be fair on everything moreso than anything else. And no one is going to stop me for it >_>

I'll also have at least one vid lined up this weekend while still in breather mode, and I'm sure a certain someone I know would actually appreciate it :P

Anyway, thanks all so very much

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bieber is better than Jane's Addiction? What the hell is going on which I missed?

Anyway, you're welcome! All of the support you get, no matter how much hate you get from random vermin, the former will be greater than the latter.

Now that you're taking a breather, that doesn't mean that you'll be taking a break from SH as well, does it?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
irving12345  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is bieber better than jane's addiction???

I agree with Tidus here. The support you get from us will always be greater than the crap you get on YouTube

So good idea on taking a break don't take too long or you'll lose your skills lol

Minibn  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for the re-FSFC, could we play together someday ?

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, reply time:

tidus: Running gag, running gag.
Nope, I won't be taking any breaks away from SH for some time yet. An absence in a community like this can only be marked by complete negligence of the series, or the fact that I may run out of shit to keep focused on (I'm sure that might eventually happen lol >_>). But I'm still going to be here for quite some time, don't worry!

irving: Wahey, another Wii person in the same frame of mind as me
Nope, just because I didn't do any new vids didn't meant I stopped playing. My update will inform you how.

Minibn: Aha, Werelord told me about you
Sure, we can play sometime - my Wii number is in my profile! I guess I'll just need yours...!

Still, be glad that I'm keeping myself on form. Otherwise I'll pay for my mercyful peneance, in which case I'd endure a curse from any nearby pharaohs... and a laser cannon woof sentence.
First post lol >_>

---

Update: October 22nd 2010

Video Feature: Mercyful Fate (co-op FC w/ SuperSonicLink)

So I'm still technically taking a long break from doing many new FCs. But I don't want to leave my YT channel empty-handed entirely during this time, so as a little intermission thing, here's to one of those long-overdue co-op FC submissions between myself and SSL. Can't get any more epic than the Mercyful Fate medley, couldn't it - a handful of chokes later and we actually got there

I'm not out of the loop entirely though. For most of the week I kept myself in form by going through some online QP and refining my skills. Though I didn't get any new vocal FCs, the experience was fulfiling nevertheless.

While playing with Werelord in particular on Sunday night, I came close to some new bass FCs and thought the next day I should probably get some. I really wanted to get "Hangar 18" since I came REALLY close on that one in particular, but that just wasn't happening just yet

I DID however get "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" done on XBass; I'll get the picture up after tonight's stream is over because I forgot to take one when I got it, but it's apparently not as loleasy as it looks. The ending made it more chokable than anywhere else tho, that's all I can say about that one. And in all seriousness, I can imagine all the blood dripping from Murderface's dick from him trying to play it on a real (yet animated) bass

[EDIT: Got the pic here!]

Now that I mentioned tonight's stream, it may start slightly later tonight due to issues with a broken down car during the week (not mine lol), but I'll inform you when we get started

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, this is freakin' IT. I've been drawn over the line a lot over the evening and this just takes the cake.

While I thought I felt as if I had a good time, people have told me that the quality of my stream is at its worst. They've told me about a line-in cable that's consistently hissing (which I believe I can at least fix), and at the same time the FPS of my dazzle is reduced to something like 1 every 5 seconds or so. I've tried messing around with the quality settings, but nothing ever changes; in some instances, the screen had to freeze completely.

I thought initially I should pretty much stop streaming for an indefinite amount of time, even going as far as to not doing so in weeks due to this shit. Though, when I re-tried it by streaming a bit of Mega Man 2 to test a possible solution of boosting the internet browser's priority rating, it seemed fine for the most part.

Yet even now, I'm still upset about what I've had to endure. Is there anyone here that can offer some help with dealing with such low framerate issues, because I've seriously never had to deal with this before since I got my new laptop; I'd appreciate as much help as I can on this one!

Because otherwise, there may not be a stream for some time, and I refuse to let it happen >__>

B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job re-gaining the FSFC! Sorry I missed it, but I haven't been around this side of SH for a while. But maybe that will change.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wooff i missed your stream sorry your having problems i hope that gets taken care of

so when can we PFO?? i want to see if im skilled enough to beat you lol

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can PFO if you ask for it :P

But nevertheless, I tried to fix the UStream problem even further. And nope, that is not working for me AT ALL, even if I tried to change settings entirely.

So, let this be a note to all. I AM MIGRATING TO LIVESTREAM AS OF NEXT FRIDAY.

I tested it today with Kire and Stormi and they said that the framerate was an improvement. Another big benefit about the place is that you don't even need to register to take a look inside, so be sure to save this in your bookmarks for the next time I decide to stream:

http://www.livestream.com/wooffusonstream

This will be edited in the OP accordingly

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...no new responses since last time, huh?

Either way, bumping up for fulfiling an ambition that was long overdue! We danced like marionettes, swaying to the symphony... of frustration. Sorta.

---

Update: October 24 2010

Video Feature: Symphony of Destruction (Full Band FC)

Well, after what seemed like a chaotic weekend, an ambition that Kire had seeked for some time ended up coming back to the surface - a possible FBFC for "Symphony of Destruction" from the Megadeth TP. More on that as we go further down the update!

Before then, let me take you through the log for Friday's stream... which unknown to me, ended up being more painful than I imagined:

1. Apparently, Kire had been waiting in the stream chat for half an hour before it came on air. So for him, as soon as I got onto GH:WoR, I opened on a run for "Turn the Page" (Metallica Import).
  2. Werelord asked for a game; he came on as a drummer and we did some stuff together:
    - Peace Sells (Megadeth, and he says he might FC this on regular expert)
    - Savior
    - Pilgrim (Wolfmother)
    - Wish (lol quite a few fistfucks)
    - Renegade (lol someone was invite spamming me here)
    - California Queen (Wolfmother)
  3. Kire then joined in as an extra guitarist, and "Interwebz" was up for playing too. 2 guitarists and a drummer and a vocalist - kinda unconventional, lol. We played:
    - Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants
    - Move It On Over
    - It's Only Another Parsec...
    - Unskinny Bop
  4. I took a break to add wii numbers for 2 new players - Minibn (what a beastly guitarist!!) and FingerQuick (which I presume was long overdue lol).
  5. Minibn and ACDCfan both asked to play, so they ended up both coming on with Werelord still playing too. Three guitarists and a vocalist? Interesting, I guess...
    - The Feel Good Drag (lol -1)
    - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (lol -1 again)
    - Ties That Bind (lol Werelord was freaking out with his combo in the bridge)
    - Calling
  6. We all then ended up playing as a full band, with ACDCfan moving to drums and Werelord to vocals, and me to bass. We played a few more songs too:
    - Bohemian Rhapsody (lol bass srfc)
    - I'm Not OK (I Promise) (possible FBFC-able?)
    - Bodies (that too lol)
    - Psychosocial
    - Scumbag Blues
    - Paranoid
    - 2112 Part 7 (ACDCfan left hre due to issues with his blues on his kit)
    - Chemical Warfare
  7. With me, Minibn and ACDCFan remaining, we ended up playing on a few more songs together:
    - Black Widow of La Porte
    - If You Want Peace, Prepare for War
    - Ravenous
    - Nemesis
    - Indians
    - Fury of the Storm
  8. After people left, I grew frustrated over the complaints for the huge UStream lag. This was where I asked for all the help I could from everyone with using bass on "Laser Cannon Deth Sentence" (Metal) as something to guide through.

But no matter what I did, I realised that my days with using UStream are completely over...

I guess the stream felt really bittersweet, and left me in a right state for most of the following day. So I tried to hard to try and fix it, but in the end I ended up trying other streaming sites and seeing which ones work better for me.
As you saw from the previous update, as of next week I'll be moving over to LiveStream. After testing it it also means I'll need a new streaming device since there's no options for HD there, so we'll see what we can make of it.

This left me frustrated enough to feel pessimistic about myself, unable to do anything right to feel useful.
Later on in the day though, Werelord asked for some co-op and we managed to play together. We got co-op FCs on "Pilgrim" (from the Wolfmother TP) and "Renegade", which I will be glad to host in the near future.

And THAT'S when the ambition for the SoD FBFC kicked back in. We had a few lineup changes before settling on the winning combination, though no matter what happened, no one got kicked out and that's the main thing :P
And we also got "Seven Nation Army" together though I only took a picture for that one:

I guess I'm a guitar part short of an OMBFC now...

But nevertheless, all I gotta do now is just find ways to unwind up until next weekend. Hopefully by then I'd have had a whirlwind of fun with the Rocky Horror track pack, which would mark my return to the weekly DLC! Seeya then, hopefully

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Last edited by Wooffus on Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol it was a great session last night. We got to get our band arranged though and plan some weekend sessions or something so we can start owning the wii leaderboards!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 41 of 49

Jump to: