Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Eric Cantor Opponent Manhandled by Cops at Event
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pman5595  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Eric Cantor Opponent Manhandled by Cops at Event Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/10/27/914087/-More-GOP-Thuggery

Basically, This guy John Taylor, his son (the cameraman in the video) and two others found out that Eric Cantor, republican nominee for congress in Virginia, was speaking at a coffee shop, so they went to try to ask him a few questions (Cantor has refused to debate his opponent). They went into the coffee shop, bought coffee, and sat down. The owner of the coffee shop apparently heard them talking and when he realized they were against Cantor, he called the cops to kick them out. The cops came and you can see the confrontation in the video at the webpage I linked.

What bugs me about this is that the guy was originally being arrested for NOTHING except having an opposing viewpoint. They then tried to add bullshit about resisting arrest, but I think I would too if they were trying to arrest me for nothing.

Opinions?

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I saw this, because I was afraid I wasn't going to get my daily dose of bullshit today.
Set all the tax rates to 9.
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When asked to leave by the shop owner they should have left. A coffee shop is not a public place, it's a private establishment. I can almost guarantee that this is EXACTLY what he wanted to have happen. Why would common sense tell you to go to a private place where a candidate you're against will be speaking and then discuss your intent to question/possibly harass him? I could possibly have seen it differently if they had no idea he'd be speaking there later, but they wanted people to know they were there to stir up shit. The best they can hope for now is claiming discrimination by the shop owner. But in his defense, what's worse? Throwing a few people out because of their intent, or waiting for things to escalate once their plan goes into motion?

I FUCKING HATE ELECTIONS. EVERY SINGLE GODDAMN ONE OF THEM. Nothing good ever comes from them. What do you wind up with? A metric shit ton of mudslinging and slanderous campaign ads, focusing on the other candidate's misquoted speeches and their opposition to your views/plans. A bunch of babies, half-assing public speeches, reading canned responses, essentially becoming an actor. The amount of money spent on these things is appalling. But what's worse? The voters that eat this shit up. 'X candidate said what 7 years ago about the President while at a bar in the middle of bumfucknowhere? That's uncalled for. I'm voting for Y candidate.'

Now that that's out of the way...

Yeah, stupid of them to go there and then tell the world they intended to go there on purpose to confront him. Stupid of the fat ass cop to damn near suffocate the old man. No one wins. Except the media.

Custom Guitar Paint Jobs (Submit Yours!)
Proud supporter of EWiggen's Grilled Cheese and GH Combo
socrstopr wrote:
This thread is very disturburbing. Also terrible.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we make this the official "Every politician is full of shit" thread?
FBMrider86  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krisdaschwab912 wrote:
Can we make this the official "Every politician is full of shit" thread?

I second this motion.

socrstopr wrote:
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Head0nFire86
anonymous_25  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI if anyone cares this is my fucking district.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
Bedlam  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
FYI if anyone cares this is my fucking district.

I used to live up there. Eric Cantor is terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"OMG YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT VIEW THAN ME YOU SUCK"

Hey look it's a youtube commenter in real life. XD

I found this entertaining.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
Twang  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When asked to leave by the shop owner they should have left.
I don't see where there was any mention of the owner asking them to leave. Unless it was in the video, which I didn't watch.

The fact that he refuses to debate with his opponent, or answer any questions from people who aren't necessarily fans is just sketchy if you ask me. I don't know how anyone could trust a politician who does that, regardless of what party they align themselves with. Also, if he doesn't like being questioned, he picked the wrong profession.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
Sarg338  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Quote:
I don't see where there was any mention of the owner asking them to leave. Unless it was in the video, which I didn't watch.

The fact that he refuses to debate with his opponent, or answer any questions from people who aren't necessarily fans is just sketchy if you ask me. I don't know how anyone could trust a politician who does that, regardless of what party they align themselves with. Also, if he doesn't like being questioned, he picked the wrong profession.

OP wrote:
The owner of the coffee shop apparently heard them talking and when he realized they were against Cantor, he called the cops to kick them out.

He didn't even ask them to leave according to the OP, he just straight up called the cops.
retop56  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like previous people have said, it's a private establishment so the owner has the right to remove people from the shop. I think it's dumb that the guy doesn't want to debate and will not take questions. I hope he doesn't win.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The owner of the shop did ask them to leave. But they had found out about this event, RSVPed, and received invitations to go to the event (presumably before it was know they were against Cantor). The shop owner asking them to leave is like being asked to leave a sporting event because you are wearing a T-shirt for the other team. They had every right to be there.

Proud Social Liberal. What are you? Post your result in your signature. Genius, genius, and genius.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
ready2rock  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rallytorestoresanity.com/

Seriously people.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twang wrote:
Quote:

Trust..........

......a politician? Surely you jest.

socrstopr wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: