SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, you guys like going all out with 2112; never gave it much thought myself
But be glad that you manage to take care of what I feel are the two hardest parts of the medley. I'm sure you can get the other 5 so much quicker

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
JOE2210  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just teach me everything dude, especially anything to do with Tones of Home and TDWF.
B-Fuzz  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job with TDWF, I know you had trouble with that. And also Tones of Home. That song is just balls.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Yeah, most of my latest plans for WoR revolved around 2112, plus that I finally went around to get the gist of the song's context. If I remember well, Part 2 was deemed as one of those songs that are only hard if sang on original octave, right? I think Part 3 will be the trickiest, I haven't "absorbed" that pretty well.

Joe - Ah, I see. When you get back to shape, you might be wanting to get the treble. As for Tones of Home, the trouble spots seem to feature my main weaknesses back on the 10 remaining songs of GH5 (for FGFC on 360). The very 2nd phrase (pitches are not only hidden behind a talky, but unaudible too), 2nd verse's 1st phrase (stupid warble descending into not-so-clear pitches), the low phrases on the bridge before solo (with a chart as wide as 2 octaves, the notes seem to be the same, but aren't), and the scatting after said solo (scatting, 'nuff said). And I didn't mention the pair of iron lungs you'll have to implant on your chest before trying this. Well, not really, but you get the idea. As for This Day We Fight!, most incoherent vocal chart in history. Boss' FC video should help you to hit the... *shrugs* "pitches".

B-Fuzz - You may have the advantage of the Wii version being more lenient again, but I'm still with an eye there. You should nail ToH with little hassle.

Thanks for the replies so far. I'm finding a way to get time play again, how? Crossing fingers to be deemed unnecessary to work with parents, and stay home. I just imposed to myself this policy of not playing with parents at home, and I'm very well adapted to it. It's been 6 months after all

But still, I have greater chances of staying off work tomorrow, let's see how the conclusion will be.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still on the game of getting the hardest first, I give slow, yet big steps towards my goal. Heck, I didn't feel so confident since World Tour! But I got a lot of tough songs ahead of me.

I used a randomizer to help me choosing what songs I should work on, so I don't have the doubt hindering me. I swap between random.org's picks, and my personal picks. One of the 80's, and one of the 60's/70's. And maybe some warmups or a gimme. Glad I could nail both of the randomized picks today; doing cleanup before playing worked. Yay for me being superstitious.

- Paranoid (Live): a warmup before attempting for Pour Some Sugar yesterday, in vain. Easy shit, I had a reverse choke on the sightread, then FC; not even the warble after the 2nd verse could offer trouble.
- Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live): hardest of the bunch, and most degraded FC before the This Day We Fight! debate, I must stress. I had an one-hour long attempt yesterday, and unlike today, I didn't realize I could play dirty on the "demolition woman" and "miss a-innocent" lines on the 1st verse. Instead of trying for down-up-up-down-up-down-up, I could just skip all of the "downs" except for the first, and still get credit thanks to the first bit of each note being lenient. Thanks to this knowledge, I got the FC today within 30 minutes, only with a choke on "Oh, I can't get enough" because my mind blanked.
- Feels Like the First Time: the other random pick, from the 60's/70's. Re-recording didn't feel as off as it felt when I SR'd it. Got the whole ending on the 1st try, struggled with it when I retried. Next FC on the ending, full song FC.
- Bodies: it could make up for an awesome anti-climatic ending, but I opted to stand up for what I'm planning. Sightread FC which I managed to squeeze on the small time.

Things to take note of:

- The former "last FC" idea was Again, making a well defined irony of getting the Full-Series FC again. But there are much better ideas now that I thought about it again.
- It was random.org's turn, now it's mine. My personal picks to work on are:
- Stray Cat Blues: you should've seen that coming! Sightreading was far, far, far away from being rough. But I FUCKING HATE WARBLING! A tough one because of that, but hey, this isn't any harder than, say, Santa Monica...
- Dance, Dance: this song has been keepin' a place in my head for a while, I'm working on it to seize this moment. Gotta keep an eye on the 2nd phrase though.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, the game has a random song feature too.. (but yeah, another random.org user; who knew?)

But still, glad you managed to take those big steps! "Pour Some Sugar on Me" isn't an easy track at all, so be glad that you managed to get there; I'm sure hoping we get to see more of your progress later, and maybe even a couple more vids

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - But you do know that I need something more accurate! I use that site combined to your breakdown, the ranks are used as the numbers. There will definitely be videos, I believe in at least 4 of them until December, but there might be much more. And thank you for the lonely reply.

After a long time, a day off work turning into a more constructive day. I've been wondering if I had to hit the FGFC if I was supposed to come back here, but things ain't as easy as you may think. Plus, I'm going more for quality for now, and there's still the Quest Mode.

- Stray Cat Blues: one of the two personal picks. I'm utterly disappointed. This was supposed to be the 4th hardest song and part of the "Wii vocalists' treble", but the FC happened on the very 1st try after some training to resolve especially the warbling, being about 20 minutes. LolMickJagger or LolEasy? Don't know, but I do know I'm disappointed, expected to spend at least one hour on this.
- Dance, Dance: the other personal pick. This was actually the fiddliest of the two, not just the 2nd phrase, the last chorus was a pain, until I learned to count to three on the warbly "me".
- Free Ride: pretty picky verses if you ask me. Accidentally deleted a pic showing that I came from the 2nd chorus with EXACTLY 45k.
- 2112 Pt. 6 - Soliloquy: by far the saddest part of "2112", when the main character commits suicide, so he wouldn't live a bitter life under the rule of the Priests of the Temples of Syrinx. It came up being one of those gimmes after I got the 2nd wailing phrase.
- Move It On Over (Live): I really hated how this one came, out. I sightread-FC'd it when I was working on unlocking Warrior Casey, but I had to restart like 20 times because of the 1st phrase, when redoing on QP+. Ugh
- Savior: one of my favorites on the game, the phrase before the 1st chorus was pesky because of the talky hiding the pitch for the bolded part in " 'Cause I don't know". It felt really good to nail this one.

Also, on Quest Mode:
- I casually re-FC'd The Outsider on Pandora's chapter. This song is my bitch now!
- The aforementioned SRFC of MIOO(L)...
- Choke on the 2nd-to-last phrase on (You Can Still) Rock in America. Never been all that nice with short phrases anyway.
- The Warrior Casey's encore (Renegade re-recording) proves that I shoud plan an attack on all of the re-recordings. These get me really bad for I listened to the original versions.

And there'll be a new video coming. I added something else to it, but as I don't listen to my vocal videos, I really want your feedback on that.

Last edited by tidus on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job you'll have the FGFC in no time! But what is this treble you speak of?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Werelord - Yes, but slow and steady wins the race, as they say. Who has been following my thread more oftenly could know why, and also know what is this Treble. It's Bohemian Rhapsody, Tones of Home and This Day We Fight!, the three songs I had to get first in order to have any chances to start heading for the FGFC.

I've been trying for a new video with an addition (been having fun with editing lately), but it didn't turn out well. So I'm not adding this video to the thread until I get around to have the proper effect which I so desire.

tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the obliviousness continues on...

Pretty good day for WoR, random.org picked three songs this time for me, one of the 80's and 2 from the 60/70's on the FC breakdown. And I nailed all of them, in addition to some more.

- Jet City Woman: loyal to the habitual policy, this the the first to be tackled down from the picks. Oscillating between lenient phrases and verses that take some time to stick on the mind and picky phrases overshadowed by the backup vocals, I proudly say that this took about twice as long as Stray Cat Blues (this one took me 20 minutes, as I stressed). Just one choke on the last chorus though. The score is really bad, but many of the competitive GH players have the mentality of getting the FC without caring much about the score. So, I believe it won't hurt if I inherity this mentality.
- Psychosocial: done under request of my younger brother, as he can actually bear my pragmatic singing. Sightread FC.
- Renegade: back on the random.org picks for serious, not much of a grinding. The women's harmonies after the solo = the intro. Problem was the warbling junk after the 1st chorus. A new favorite vocal song.
- Waidmanns Heil: another fun song which surpassed my expectations, the remaining pick. Too bad that I can't ennounciate German. But still...well, I gave preference to using the lower octave instead of transposing the weird phrases one octave above - the latter is much more awkward and uncomfortable to execute.
- Calling: nothing too hard, took like 3 tries to learn everything I had to.
- Fortunate Son: funny how this song didn't get any mention as a tricky vocal part on the other side, thanks to the RB2 engine's extreme leniency. Bring it here to this side, on a seasoned GH vocal engine. Really tricky to do, I got this on the verge of nerdy rage with the consecutive chokes near the end (and those weren't just on the picky "It ain't me" phrases, which appear in like 20 different patterns), and with how long I got stuck on the "rummage sale" line.
- Get Free: picky choruses where you can't breathe, one-word phrases on the 2nd verse. Luckily, this song is insanely short.
- How You Remind Me: pretty easy one, remember this song from 8 years ago, to help. One silly choke on the last "These 5 words in my head", but that's all.

After this last FC, I turned off the 360 and finished the session. Like 5 minutes after I undid everything (put mic on the place, the disc on my stuff, etc.), parents came earlier because tomorrow will be a holiday, so the flux of customers is zero. Just imagine if this last song stuck me for a little longer, or I picked a harder song! All of the planning and effort to build this secrecy would come into failure, roughly one year after the E74 disaster!

Well, more soon.

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I guess it must be intense living in such conditions in Brazil :P

But to see you reach the HGFC target is win You're doing well by taking down some of the tougher ones first, so I hope it all goes well for you further down the line. Jet City Woman in particular is mightily impressive

tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Thanks for the lonely reply again. As long as you keep the vocalizing cycle in motion, it's surely tense. Unless the walls have some kind of special soundproof structure, there's pretty much nowhere here where you can play a simple karaoke-based game without having those "little wars". For funsies, Jet City Woman incidentally marked the Vocal FC #300 on the 360, ya know that? And Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live) marked the #400 counting what I did on the PS2.

The matutinal order was to beat the Beast, so I can finally work on all of the 91 songs. I've seen myself close to get Warriors Axel and Lars, so I thought "why not?" and went there. More details below the FC's. For now, today's FC's, which happened on this afternoon.

- Been Caught Stealing: proudly say that this was a bit elusive, for how long I knew this song - thanks, GTA: San Andreas. Very short phrases, a few oddities and my memory not recording the most accurate pitches for most areas help this tune to beat Bat Country for "The New Don't Speak" award. Regarding struggle with very known songs, of course.
- Chemical Warfare: badass song, easy stuff. A few pitches that are rather remnant from Black Magic (from RB DLC) than from War Ensemble (from GH:M);
- Fury of the Storm: favorite DragonForce song, and the very 1st I listened to. 2 restarts, one on the 1st phrase, another on a choke after the solo. Forgot how "We stand strong together" went. Been paying close attention to Charity during the instrumental part, especially on the "OMGWTFBBQ" section, where she spastically moved her left hand across the guitar arm. That was some funny intentional mocapping, eh?
- Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants: almost...due to an already warmed (and tired) set of pipes, I had to transpose the bridge one octave up. Maybe one of these days...but the song was a little bit tricky, especially on the continuation to the low part after the 1st screamfest, and bridge itself.

Ah, the Quest Mode shit...

- On Axel's chapter, I FC'd Pour Some Sugar on the very 1st play of the day. This song is another thing when learning, but for I'm just going for the FGFC, I don't care about the difficulty of the song AFTER learning it and FCing it for the 1st time.
- Went on to an iron lung row, to awake the masochist within me. The Warrior Axel's encore, then Ties That Bind and its two super-long phrases, to work on Lars' chapter.
- Battle against the Beast: way too easy. So much brainstorming to pick the characters for nothing...21 stars on both, then a real sightread of Sudden Death (never saw chart nor listened to song), proceeding to suceed thanks to the Ressurector+, going from 27 to 31 stars.
- Wanted to unlock some power for QP+, so I picked my favorite: Warrior Pandora's Star Power Nova +. For now, I have It's Only Another Parsec and The Feel Good Drag to get 40 stars on. Songs that I don't know well. Eeek. Casually FC'd The Outsider again, and had issues with Dance, Dance. This song seems pretty rigorous as far as dominating it goes, I had to hit everything outside the 2nd phrase, and push the last activation one phrase later.

lilirock  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey hey Tidus I've been away from SH for too long.. again But I've been playing GH:WoR as much as I can, and I've been lucky to have some really nice playing sessions, so I've been enjoying it quite a bit, just like you I see You got more than half done already, and you got the game so late! Awesome! Great job on your last videos too, I've been trying to keep up with your stuff you know! XD Keep it up, I know you'll have the FGFC for sure in no time!!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
irving12345  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus great job on the current progress specially setting fire to sleeping giants that song is beast, specially the really soft phrases

Keep it up and that FGFC will be yours in no time

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the love, you two!

Lili - I can see there much more time on your hands than on mine, as you're on 70 Guitar FC's (!) (69 on your scores plus Psychosocial), and some take more grinding than on vocals. Though my priority is to get the hardest outta my way. But still...

Irving - Deep voice FTW! Getting there, there's still some work to do.

Waited for the right time for the "Megabump". And there's it, about time!

- Sudden Death: mysteriously enough, this has been the most frustrating grind on WoR so far. To begin with, the song isn't as hard as This Day We Fight!, but has like 90 seconds of nothing before the 1st phrase, and it's more chokeable. I had 3 chokes on the last part. But there's a kinda TDWF-style part going from phrases 25 to 31, these were tripping me. I failed on the Thursday morning, but succeeded after one hour of grinding on the Friday, which let me with little time to attempt the next song comfortably.
- Holy Wars...The Punishment Due: one of those songs you have to wait for forever to start singing. On that Friday, I choked on "No more mistakes", phrase which leads to the solo which leads to the final part. All because I took it one octave up. Today, I was trying to check how long is that waiting, then I concluded it was about 90 seconds. Then I went to the couch and FC'd the song on 1st try...All Megadeth songs FC'd, thanks to the 2 previous songs, it was more frustrating than the Taylor Swift songs, comparing artists who had 3 songs on a single game.
- Nemesis: all talkies and shit, this song was supposed to relieve all of the tension of grinding these real vocal "chores". After all, long waiting before the 1st phrase has never been my bag. And I thought this Arch Enemy song was perfect for the task. I ended up doing it first, because I was taking way too much...
- Fascination Street: no, forget about Sudden Death. THIS was the most frustrating grind; half of the song has nothing, waiting 3 minutes just to miss on the 4th phrase or something is already disheartening. Then you add to that the 3 chokes on the same phrase AFTER the short break. Worse: I turned my back on this song to get everything off my chest on Nemesis, then guess what happens? FIRST. FUCKING. TRY. Looks like a joke, doesn't it. It's real.
- Love Gun: that one last just to increment the count a little. The habitual odd verses and the chorus harmonies, but more lenient this time. 3 tries to figure it out.

I still got a lot to do, though. Some tough songs like There's No Secrets This Year (lots of memorization on the choruses), Re-Ignition (Live) (even more memorization), Unskinny Bop (promises to be harder than Nothin' But a Good Time), and it so goes on. Plus that I still plan on getting rid of all of the re-recordings. Some always throw me off, ya know...more soon.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 88 of 92

Jump to: