ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Vocal Difficulty per Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheyAreNext-Uw3  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was playing on the Wii, it seemed to be M<SH<WT, however now that I play on the 360 it seems to be 5<WT<SH<M<VH. This could be because I always used to recalibrate M on the wii to 100-0 for playing vocals as it would seem to register better that way, but I'm not sure that's the problem, as I had to do that for WT as well and it registers fine on the 360, horrible percentage system aside.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I've been playing GHWoR a few days and I think the engine is a bit more lenient than the GH5 one (Me 5*ing Brianstorm is absolutely NOT normal) Has anybody else felt that or is it just me?

Ciao!

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, it's pretty much the same here too. FCing "Ticks" in GH5 made me proclaim that I would never sing the song again because it was so hard; however, when I tried it in GH6 I got the re-FC on my first try. It's not without its tricky songs in the setlist tho, but I'm probably judging less headaches than what GH5 had.

Still, glad to know it's not just the Wii that resulted in something like this

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
llamaman2  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play on the Wii and believe that GH5 (and BH) are by far the hardest vocals engines. I haven't had trouble 5 starring a single song in any of the previous games and can actually FC a fair amount in WT/SH/M but GH5 has me baffled. I can sing a song twice in a row and go from a 3* to a 5* and then play it the next day and 4* it. Heck, I've FC'd a song once and then 4*d it a few days later. There are many songs I can't come close to even a 4* and FC's are limited to a very few songs that aren't too difficult. It seems to lag slightly and whenever I calibrate the lag it throws off my drum/guitar charts. It seems insanely strict and nitpicky. One noticeable issue I have is when I hold a note in my lower range (and it sounds legit to me...) the dot on screen shakes up and down despite the fact I'm holding a single note. This never occurs in any other games and I'm really at a loss...

*end mini rant*
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

excited to hear that vocals are easier in WoR. I do expert in Rock Band, and do worse on medium in GH5 D:

Uunoftw  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
excited to hear that vocals are easier in WoR. I do expert in Rock Band, and do worse on medium in GH5 D:

Exactly this. Sure GH5 has some easy songs for me too but generally speaking it isn't fun.

My experiences are very similar to those of llamaman2's. BH is easily the hardest game with GH5 coming in second imo.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 0756262955296727
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is becuase you play on the Wii!
The WT Engine is easier on Wii/Ps2 than on Ps3/Xbox360.

If you would play on PS3/Xbox360 you would say GH5<WT/SH/M

Anyway, GH:WOR is easier due the Mic EQ.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^What does mic eq exactly does? I turned it off and I didn't feel any difference in dificulty...

Ciao!

boss1592  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in my opinion, i would say that GH6 would be slightly harder than GHVH, so my list, from easiest to hardest would go

smash hits - world tour - van halen - GH6 - GH5 - Band hero - GHM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Starchaser NI
Olinea  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WhYYZ wrote:
This is becuase you play on the Wii!
The WT Engine is easier on Wii/Ps2 than on Ps3/Xbox360.

Easier meaning more lenient? Every time I sing WT on my Wii the comet sometimes flits in and out on held notes, but when I do it on my friend's 360 it stays in the bounds the entire time.
Scorehero: Where the 5-note chord is undercharted.

Grinded that second one for 18 years.
Warhiem  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow singing on WoR is incredibly easier. I'm not a great singer by any means, but I was singing expert vox today and was missing single phrases on most songs. I got a -1 on What I got, and it was from running out of breath. I'm pretty amazed at the difference, singing is fun now

werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWoR is by far the easiest game I got FFWF,TG,and BBABIT 1 try on this engine its awesome but easy.

GH6<<<<<<GHSH<GHWT<GHVH<GHM<<<<<<<<GH5<<<BH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, even as a Wii person I'd still sandwich GH:WoR between GH:SH and GH5 on my original list. We're not taking DLC into consideration, but rather the on-disc setlist here; for a long time I was able to do the entire GH:SH setlist on demand, and WT was certainly made less strainful with even solids counting full combo. Yet as proven sometimes, even in GH6 that capability isn't quite there for me.

Hence, my reasoning on why I'd sandwich it between SH and GH5

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
werelord  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus wrote:
I don't know, even as a Wii person I'd still sandwich GH:WoR between GH:SH and GH5 on my original list. We're not taking DLC into consideration, but rather the on-disc setlist here; for a long time I was able to do the entire GH:SH setlist on demand, and WT was certainly made less strainful with even solids counting full combo. Yet as proven sometimes, even in GH6 that capability isn't quite there for me.

Hence, my reasoning on why I'd sandwich it between SH and GH5

I know we're not counting DLC but I couldnt even dream of FCing those on any other engine and nothing on GH6 is harder then those songs so for sure GH6 is the easiest atleast to me.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Words of a 360 player here:

WoR < WT < SH < 5 < BH < M (don't have VH, but I could put it above GH5 due to the stricter engine)

Warriors of Rock is definitely the 360/PS3 vocalist's best bet for the 1st FGFC on Guitar Hero Vocals now, even with solids breaking combo. The mechanics are easier to understand, the charting is much better overall despite the TDWF bullshit, there are less tough songs, and the engine is the most lenient to date, allowing you to flail and still keep combo sometimes.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: