Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Wooffus (vox) - FebMP vids+analysis; seeya on the blue side
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we gotta think about what the other guys want too. I know you're eager Were, and to be honest so am I, but it's all more a case of who's available when and who else we can also reach out for. We'll think about it later, but for now it was epic

Anyway, making a mark this weekend with the new DLC.
Don't get freaked out by the way I type; don't judge an e-book by its cover (or lack thereof).
I ain't much of a lass by the light of day, but by night I'm one heck of a mother (metaphorically!! >__>).
I'm just a sweet mic artist...
...from sensational (lolglee)...
...Great Brittania!!

...lol, subbed lyrics seemed epic. Anyway, Rocky Horror analysis!

---

Update: October 28th 2010

Video Features:

Van Halen: Feel Your Love Tonight
DLC (Rocky Horror Picture Show): Hot Patootie | Sweet Transvestite | Time Warp (YT | DM)

Well, here we are sealing a weekend again. Mid-week I managed to host that co-op run on "Pilgrim" as I promised, so thanks again very much Were :P
At any rate, with a low-to-mid-intensified pack comes a tougher song, and the last of the VH band performances here. I remember this one was a bitch to keep to memory for long periods of time, but oh well >_>

Either way, it's Halloween weekend, and with it came a very appropriate DLC pack in the form of the Rocky Horror Picture Show TP! For an unlikely set of source tunes, this one pleasantly got me anticipating moreso than a lot of DLC from the past 6 months (give or take some of the bigger packs during the Summer); yet, I do have my analysis on the set, so here we go.

Hot Patootie - Hell yes Meatloaf! I guess a lot of us wanted him in a music game at last, and an appropriate addition it is too. With there being more pitch content than the other tracks, toymachine saw it as a dead shoo-in for hardest song; it was admittedly tricky to perform though due to the fast lyrics and notes to learn - I even had to turn Hyperspeed off to read it - but I didn't notice much that were too fiddly aside from the ending wankery to be honest.

Sweet Transvestite - I thought this was going to get an "explicit content" tag on Dailymotion due to content, but after processing i'm glad it came through. There seemed to be more talkie content than I thought when seeing the chart, but the pitched phrases still seemed kind of weird to put together, especially those slides in those two "from transexual" phrases. To be fair, this was the only song that I screwed up on when going for the FC, and thus I'm one to challenge toy with it.

Time Warp - Everybody knows this... hopefully. On first glance Columbia's solo seemed fast enough to get done right, but the pitches didn't seem too bad in comparison to some of the oddities in Riff Raff's solo. By far the easiest of the three though, but it's still going to be queued up for parties for some time yet.

As a fan of the film I can say I really enjoyed doing this pack; kind of underwhemed a little on a vocal level, especially in regards to "Sweet Transvestite", but it's still not bad to make a mark on for returning to the DLC. I hope we get some similarly awesome quirky packs in the future though :P

Either way, I'm going to begin streaming again tomorrow night. Remember, it's all Livestream from here on out, so hopefully I'll see you all there. And remember x2, you don't need to register so pop in whenever the hell you want

[This update has been archived here for the sake of the first post.]

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
irving12345  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice job on the DLC stuff does this mean break is over??? Lol

So wanna co-op tomorrow? During the stream or after is fine lol

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not after as I'd be tired

But either way, I tested UStream for one last time with Kire, Pedro and Uuno. I used it on 3 runs of "Ace of Spades" on bass (lol bad callibration) and I was told that it was working fine again!

So, when I start up the stream I will be going back to UStream afterall, and will only fall back on Livestream if there are similar problems arising to last week. I don't know what the hell happened >_>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of a response but anyway...
Guess even with WoR I've had to make a start into OMBFCs. And while I failed to do the White Stripes representation in GH5... there's no way that a seventeen nation army of colored notes and bars would hold me back.
That, more vids, 2 DLC FCs and more on the first post!

---

Update: November 2nd 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Bodies | Psychosocial (YT | DM)
Van Halen: Safe European Home
DLC: The Unforgiven III

I guess this update was kind of late coming, but I got there.
So the two WoR selections in this update have their significance - "Bodies" for its repeated play during Friday's stream, and "Psychosocial" for being my Halloween upload, even if it was slightly belated.
"Safe European Home" marks the last Van Halen track to be hosted. I'm glad to see the back of that one :P
And "The Unforgiven III" had been ringing in my head a lot due to the darker climate out here, so I guess I might as well bite the bullet and do a vox FC run. Please excuse some of the video jumps; apparently my laptop is starting to dislike my dazzle now.
No worries - I did a Kire and got an easycap through the mail. And hopefully I'll get to test it out in a few days' time.

Moving on ahead, thanks for all the visits to Friday's stream! I'll recap everything that happened:

~Preshow: Refusing to give up on UStream as my broadcaster, I tried my setup one more time with three attempts to 5* "Ace of Spades" (GHM Import) on expert bass. Turned out that there was a spanner in the works last week in regards to UStream, so I kept myself there and have my Livestream account as a mere backup.
  1. For the vocal side, I opened on a run on "Evil" (GHM Import). Fun song is fun! And while Kire was waiting a long time before last time's stream, this week it was irving who was there in advance! Bless...
  2. Not much of a response even after then, so I allowed the random song feature to pick a song for me. And once again it never failed - I ended up doing "Cousins" (Vampire Weekend).
  3. Still feeling awkward, I ended up doing a little bit of online co-op with some random guitarists. I ended up doing "Dancing Through Sunday" (in which the one expert guitarist had issues) and "Bodies" (in which some of my phrases didn't seem to be counted for some reason). Left prematurely.
  4. While even *further* waiting, I went into quest and got 40 stars on "Deadfall". Werelord joined at this time - wonder what he was going to bring to the table.
  5. Someone asked me to do "Fury of the Storm". (lol often requested song!) I proceded to sing it. They cried 'bawww, it's not on guitar' and left. But I sung it anyway, because as we know, it's cooler to sing than to have issues on guitar!
  6. Werelord and irving then came together for a traditional band setup, with irving on drums, Were on guitar and Were's brother on bass:
    - Cherry Bomb
    - Renegade (lol uuno, you really don't like this? =(
    - Dance Dance
    - Jet City Woman
    - Burn (omg irving was beast!! :P)
    - 2112 Part 2 (I guess around there I had random people leaving to watch various RB3 streams being promoted everywhere... -.-)
  7. We then switched the pace up a little bit and ended up doing some songs as four vocalists. The players involved were myself, Werelord, StormEagle and K1NGP3DR0. We ended up doing these together:
    - (You Can Still) Rock in America (FC!)
    - Wish (lol fist fuck chokes)
    - Burnin' for You (FC!)
    - Again (FC!)
    - Re-ignition (a lot of people tripped up in the bridge... including me )
    - Savior (ow pedro...)
    - Feels Like the First Time
    - Bodies (FC'd, but the lag made some phrases unregistered o_O)
    - The Feel Good Drag
    - Suffocated
    - This Day We Fight! (yay Stormi was the only one who FC'd! ^_^)
  8. Stormi and Pedro then left, and we brought in irving and stream frequenter ACDCFan to fill in the empty spots. We then did a few songs:
    - Interstate Love Song (what the hell happened on ACDC's end...?)
    - I'm Not OK (I Promise) (ow Were...)
    - Paranoid (Live) (FC!)
    - Bat Country (stopped prematurely because Werelord disconnected)
  9. Not many people seemed up for singing after that, so we ended up being a traditional band for most of the time. We all kept swapping instruments, though due to people wanting to sleep I was primarily guitar or bass. We did:
    - Burnin' for You (twice, once on bass and again on guitar; the bass run had us all freezing just as the song was about to finish)
    - Sudden Death (I guitar'd; had to stop prematurely because of horrible lag that left me to fail twice during the intro X___X)
    - Bohemian Rhapsody (lol lag again during the hard rock section; terrible just to finish it)
    - It's Only Another Parsec... (one guitar run had me stopping early due to bad lag; didn't seem so bad when attempting again on bass)
    - Chemical Warfare
    - Holy Wars... the Punishment Due (surprisingly didn't suffer that much)
    - Nemesis
  10. I grew agitated with the lag and stopped there. But when I did, Werelord was still up for doing some one-on-one sessions with me, with myself on guitar and him on drums. We did a few songs before he broke out to finally get the Metallica imports:
    - Setting fire to Sleeping Giants
    - Sudden Death (I told you I still got it)
    - California Queen (Wolfmother)
    -Deadfall (lol I survived)
    -tried to get Epic (Rock TP) to work but it froze while loading
    -Laser Cannon Deth Sentence (Metal)
    -Bloodmeat (Knuckle Sandwich)

I guess it worked out a lot better than last week! Epic new project is epic tho; while i got videos of the FCs, they won't be hosted up onto my servers for reasons better disclosed.
Anyway, there were some things that I got alone over the weekend too:

The final piece of this OMBFC! You may see it as lulzy, but really, that one person who said in the WoR guitar fc breakdown thread that this is the easiest guitar song in the game can shut their mouth >_>

And I also got 2 of the Soundgarden tracks too because I knew some people requested those:

"Black Hole Sun" - I remember almost too well from watching a video that had dogfood's nephew singing it. Simple to keep into memory, give or take some of the "won't you come" lines.
"Spoonman" - While it is a 7, there's quite a bit to remember for a 7. Not the easiest to perform by a long shot either; seemed as if it wasn't quite as tuned as I thought.

I'll have vids on both songs soon enough, and you know it!

Anyway, no DLC this week means I gotta find something else to do before the weekend. Not a problem, I think I got ideas on where this is going. Catch you later

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh. No response means I better cut to the chase for the next update. And like a lot of things this week, nobody can't get no satisfaction from anything; so uncanny really that one of the songs FC'd reflects the situation.

---

Update: November 5th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Burn | Cherry Bomb
Metallica Import: The Boys are Back in Town
DLC: Black Hole Sun (YT | DM)

Ok, just had it up to here right now with the state of the community in general over the past week, so I'll just cut to the chase.
Burn and Cherry Bomb. 2 songs done on last week's stream, and have made regular occurrences otherwise. Both fun for me to belt out, even though one of which has a lot of dead air.
The Boys are Back in Town. Last Metallica guest act remaining, and I'm glad I got it down. Werelord FCing this one blindfolded still annoys me somehow.
Black Hole Sun. Somebody asked for this but I can't remember who, but still pretty to do in spite of it being a 2/10 on vocals. :P

So of course, everyone's been getting pissy that we've got no DLC this week, and of course there's going to be a shortage of which here too. Couple it with the poor European sales for Rock Band 3 and let's just say that the community in general has been into meltdown.
Well EXCUSE ME, PRINCES (and princesses)!! You just be glad that they are even DOING a new Hero IP in 2011. Activision on the other hand bought Sierra's Spyro franchise, and have done NOTHING with it since getting it; I'm actually disliking them more for keeping a franchise that they thought they'd save, and doing absolutely NOTHING with it, effectively locking it in a broom cupboard for the rest of its life. So let me say it this way - the people here are ALWAYS so unthankful for anything, and I swear that after I'm done on the vocals full DLC FC, I may not even be updating as often as I used to be. -_-

Whichever, I managed to get some more tracks down closer to the weekend. First of all, more Soundgarden stuff:

"Hunted Down" - All I know about it is the simple structure that made it child's play to FC.
"Fell on Black Days" - Trickier one to learn with some variation especially closer to the end.
"Outshined" - Some of those bridges caught me out early, but no worries there.

And to prove that I still have it, and to further prove that the GH5 Engine is more awesome than WoR, I got 7 more pre-WoR FCs too:

"Audience of One" (Rise Against) - So easily the trickiest song in the entire pack. Feels more like the Rise Against I fell in love with when exposed to Re-Ed in WT.
"Sappy" (Nirvana 2) - All Nirvana songs XVox FC! (I'll put the banner up later.) Has a weird chart that's kinda similar to "Lithium" in nature, but at least it sticks in your head no matter what.
"When She Comes To Me" (Billy Squier) - Those verses were tricky to figure out, especially around the beginning when all you had was guide vocals to get you through the first half, and weird pitchings for the second. Quiet vocals don't mix well with me initially, but not bad though for modern day Squier.
"Anything 'Cept the Truth" (Eagles of Death Metal) - I didn't like "Wannabe in LA" much in GH5, but this one isn't all that bad. Just that when singing it in this engine, the absolute lack of autotune makes this one so difficult to be precise with. Weird chart is weird to learn.
"Cherry Cola" (Eagles of Death Metal) - Shouldn't have been a 7 to be honest. The chart may look awkward to pull off especially with some of those faster note shifts, but if you keep on time then they don't seem all that impossible.
"I Only Want You" (Eagles of Death Metal) - Picky as hell, though not quite up to the same WTF nature as "Anything 'Cept the Truth". Just short phrases in general to keep focus on really.
"(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (Rolling Stones Live) - Finally!! Though to be fair, the chart wasn't that hard; it may be the highest intensified in the entire pack but I'm sure "I'm Free" and "Under My Thumb" have a lot more WTF moments than this one tho. And Kire, that "cause you're a fox" line is overrated :P

And much later on from there, I got another OMBFC. Sure it only has 2 parts but it's something:

Yay rush! :P

And so I leave here to get set for streaming. I'll see you guys there

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
werelord  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work and I yeah never will everyone be satisfied, but 2 clarifications.
1. I didn't FC BABIT blindfolded I said I could and I may try it on performance mode now that I unlocked it but I havnt done it yet.

2.GH6 engine is more fun but easy.
GH5 engine is insanely hard but imo insanely unfun. To each his (or in your case her) own.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

werelord wrote:
2.GH6 engine is more fun but easy.
GH5 engine is insanely hard but imo insanely unfun. To each his (or in your case her) own.

Wooffus' point can be easily seen, as she is insanely discontent with the WoR engine on Wii. GH5 definitely should feel way tighter, but it has a real feeling of the GH Vocals in general IMO.

Anyway, awesome going on the pre-WoR FC's, Bev! Now I can totally see you finishing them all! Keep it up!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply again:

Werelord: I know you have your feelings over it, and I'm sure you do. But we can see a clear difference if there are people on other systems that seem to not go through the songs as flawlessly as we did. Heck, I even saw arvain struggle with "Sudden Death" earlier tonight, so that tells me something :s

tidus: To be fair, if you thought GH5 was only a little looser, how come Taozack wasn't happy with the Wii engine and migrated to the X360? I would've preferred it though if there wasn't much of a change between systems - it's kind of unfair for one system to get hard/easy type, but oh well. *shrug* Thanks for the support either way

So I couldn't really sing much when packing stuff up for my room to be decorated, but I still managed to deliver. My room may be getting semi-charmed in its makeover, but at the same time let's make it perfectly clear; there'll be no claw marks this year. >_>

---

Update: November 9th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants | There's No Secrets This Year (YT | DM)
Metallica Import: The Thing That Should Not Be
DLC: The Judas Kiss

Okay, update time. One of the selections for the update was involved in last night's stream somehow, and one of them was long overdue because of bbforky amusingly logging on before I was about to sing it. :P
"The Thing That Should Not Be" seals the Metallica songs. I was hoping not to use my camera on it, but I was moving out of my room the next day for its redecoration and my recording equipment were stored away. Not too bad though.
The same story can also be said for "The Judas Kiss", although in comparison I hadn't sung it in months so of course I got my words in a stumble during the second verse. >_> But it's an FC nevertheless.

Either way, thanks for attending Friday's stream. Sure there was a bit of dead air, but I'll at least recap what happened.

1. First Kire, then Irving... now Werelord had to be there ahead of time, though not as much as either of the pair. :P I decided to warm up with a random song, with Were guessing it'll be an all-talkie one. He got his wish - of all songs, it went and picked "Deadfall" for some reason.
  2. Were then did some co-op as the guitarist, and we did a handful of tracks:
    -Free Ride
    -Fuel (Metallica import, lol -1 xD)
    -Tones of Home (ow, but I FC'd my part anyway)
    -Ace of Spades
  3. Kire (drums) and Irving (bass) joined in to form a full traditional band next:
    -Free Bird (SH Import, lol extended coffee break)
    -2112 part 5 (Irving's first bass FC! Start with Rush, stay awesome.)
    -Modern Day Cowboy
    -Deadfall (......)
    -Holy Wars... The Punishment Due (Kire failed in the middle but it turned out he paused to take off his shirt... sexy xD)
    -Burn
    -Caught in a Mosh (yay Kire didn't fail once!)
  4. Exhausted, Kire briefly left and Irving (guitar) and Were (drums) changed instruments before we continued on as a three-piece:
    - Mercyful Fate (Metallica import)
    - The Black River (Metalica import)
    - Setting Fire to Sleeping Giants (lol I got confused over what Mathcore was)
  5. Irving then left for a bit and Kire thought it would be wise to start a tea break moment, with discussions namely over what guitarist could possibly be better than Jimi Hendrix, with Jason Becker mainly coming to mind. Lol...
  6. Then we got moving again, hoping to continue the Barbershop Quartet project started last week. Kire, Were, Unno and myself tried these:
    - Interstate Love Song (Were =()
    -I Know What I Am (ended because Uuno left prematurely)
  7. After much struggling to find someone else, we got K1NGP3DR0 to make a run on these:
    - Children of the Grave (FC #6!!)
    -I Know What I Am take 2 (Kire made a pig's ear of the ending >_>)
    -Love Gun (lol nowhere close)
    -And we also tried to do Suffocated but Pedro had to leave...
  8. After waiting for nearly an hour without luck (awwww......), we just continued as a three piece on different instruments (Kire - Guitar, Were - Drums). We did these together:
    - Psychobilly Freakout (SH Import; Kire... >_>)
    - Bat Country
    - It's Only Another Parsec...
    - Electro Rock (Neversoft TP; Kire... >_> x2)
    - Bohemian Rhapsody (ended early because Kire had guitar issues... but he didn't want to play "something so boring"... what? Look at what *I* had to endure!!)
    - This Day We Fight
    - No One Knows (SH Import)
    - Juke Box Hero (Classic Rock 3; lost focus and got a -1, which I was so upset about after singing songs I didn't want to sing =()
    - The Touch (single)
    - Bloodmeat (at least that's kinda fun...)
    - Hit Me With Your Best Shot (SH Import; the only thing close to sweet revenge to Kire as I could possibly find...)
  9. At that point, Werelord left and Kire and I played alone for the final four songs:
    - The Seven Deadly Sins (Flogging Molly, yay FC'd in the original octave!)
    - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree (BH Import)
    - American Pie (BH Import; -1, but that was because I was substituting as many lyrics as I can for those from Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" :P)
    - The Day That Never Comes (Death Magnetic; sealing it with Kire's crowning moment of awesome)

So I guess I got more distressed as the night went on and it showed, but I'm still glad that we managed to keep together nevertheless. Thanks again

Either way, there wasn't a right lot that I could do with stuff being moved around. I had no patience to sing any DLC before moving out, so instead I returned to GH Van Halen to continue the pursuit of the XBass FGFC:

"Jamie's Cryin'" - I guess the second bridge kinda caught me off guard, but that was just an absent minded mistake. Nothing too tricky here.
"Dance the Night Away" - Quite a few things that would annoy you if you're going after the FC here, especially during the ending. Good thing it's short.
"Jump" - Jamie's Cryin' syndrome mark 2; confusion with my pathing caused me to accidentally slip on an easy note during the synth solo. I managed to redeem the path later.
"Ain't Talkin' Bout Love" - My fingering wasn't ready for those chords, but I somehow got through them. >_>
"Unchained" - My sightreading skills were sharp on this one. I thought I'd mess up on some of the taps, slides, tricky transitions and the RORO section during the "man that suit is YOU!" section. But yeah, sweet relief!
"Safe European Home" - Several absent minded mistakes during the verses and intro on this one. But nothing too bad once I got knuckled down.
"I Want It All" - Trickier than I thought it would be. Never was good at pull-offs, and the offbeat notes in the hard rock section were tricky to deal with, plus the taps in the ending had me caught by surprise. Odd chart is odd.
"Semi-Charmed Life" - Overstrummed a lot to begin with, but gradually got better. I can say I'm relieved I got through it - fun song is fun

So yes, there HAD to be a 10-pack of songs (technically 9 with one being an instrumental) JUST after I had moved out. I will provide coverage, but due to A) the size of the pack, and B) the fact that I have no idea how long it'll be until I'll move back in, don't expect a full synopsis over the weekend. This will last me a good while, I assure you. :P

For now, thanks anyway and I'll seeya next time.

Last edited by Wooffus on Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Check your PM's. )

Yay, more VH bass progress! Coming closer to a new non-vocal FGFC perhaps?

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I can say we'll be there sooner than we think. With the more annoying ones coming out of the way it's down to the home stretch. And to be fair, I DID run into two of those annoying ones today. >_>

I can't say it'll be over before it begun, like the devil had my hand. But what I know for sure was that the time in that spare room plus the little things I had were little comfort, little solace, and drew me far from the end of my broken head.

---

Update: November 12th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: The Feel Good Drag (YT | DM) | Unskinny Bop
DLC: The End of the Line
WT Import: One Armed Scissor

A bit of a weak update today, but I'll see what I can make of it.
"The Feel Good Drag" was one that Irving requested a while ago, so it's fair that gets taken care of.
"Unskinny Bop" was one of the most common tracks done when playing with Werelord, and in light of the new DLC, I say moar Poison.
"The End of the Line" continues my coverage of the Death Magnetic pack on vocals. Bullshit chart is... well, you get the idea.
And "One Armed Scissor" - let's get some WT coverage in for good measure. Please excuse the cam on this and the one above - the point will be seen here.

So my room's been re-decorated, though now it's gonna take a few more days to move everything back in. On that note, there wouldn't be any streaming tonight (hence this late update lol), but at least the next time I go by it again, I'll have a nice setting to go by

I couldn't really do much when in the spare room I was in for a few days tho. I DID however manage to get back in at VH, though it only got me 2 FCs. However, I may stress that they were both kinda awkward in their own ways:

"The End of Heartache" - More like the end of headache. -_- I thought the dead air in some parts made it firm enough to FC, but really it all comes down to remembering where your hand should be before some of those breaks; those alternations can get ridiculously confusing. And to cap it off, had to choke twice during the solo, which added more insult to injury.
"Everybody Wants Some!!" - At 5 minutes long, and one minute having nothing in it, it's fair to say this track would be annoying, even moreso that I was prone to overstrumming in the solo a few times around. Some parts almost caught me out though, but really it's just made kinda tedious due to length.

So that's 9 songs short of a bass FGFC here! I'll be sure to keep at it

And yes, in regards to the DLC pack, expect a LOT of coverage and a lot of updates too. Keep your eyes peeled

Wooffus  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whichever, might as well see if I could host what I did today here. Not much at all, but it did indeed include some progress on the DLC pack, plus a new OMBFC! But to you... I bet this form of "something else" doesn't matter, doesn't it? (don't take it personally, go with the pun)

---

Update: November 13th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: I'm Not Okay (I Promise)
DLC (GH:WoR Pack 1 - Part I) Limelight | Nothing to Say (YT | DM) | We're All Gonna Die

First update of three to cover the new DLC pack. Three of the songs are there - one Rush (and yes I'm doing them ALL at the 2112 venue xD) and 2 of Slash. I'll be able to provide full feelings on them all when I've got the entire pack nailed.
Pairing with the more pop-rock-oriented update is some pop rock itself, and as much as I don't like My Chemical Romance's style, it's actually fun to sing xD

So, not a right lot that I could do last night. I did do some streaming for some smaller people over the past couple of nights but that was to show off some of the new DLC and see if they would want to buy it. With YT still blocking some songs to some countries, it's kinda awkward to show much on a global basis.

Whichever, during my time I thought I'd test the drumkit again and see if I could get a new OMBFC. Original engine this time around:

Unfortunately I came to the conclusion that my orange is being a pain in the ass, so I might need to get a new orange cymbal later if I can locate one. I tried several other easier songs and it gets awkward if it couldn't even get registerd sometimes. >_>

But otherwise, I'm glad I got it. Bass was done on sightread (lol rank), and vocals came not long after; both were not long after I got the game back in March.

So it may not seem like much today but I'll keep finding stuff as well as making more of a move on this epic pack

Last edited by Wooffus on Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
ki11me  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow nice job on limelight that was a great fc !

now i want the track pack even more haha. i like those rush songs much better than 2112 personally.... and i have always loved SLASH and hes bringing it back ^^

but great job rush vocals are tricky O_O

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice progress on the DLC Wooffus

Sorry for missing this past Friday I have been busy with the new call of duty game and well I completely forgot till at night when I tried streaming (completely failed) any progress on the now called barbershop quartet project?? I will be there next Friday to get some progress

werelord  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice OMBFC! Don't think that it's nothing, it's definatly something even I dont have it yet >_>

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reply time again:

ki11me: Yeah, I think they went for a great set of musicians for this giant pack. Somehow it made me appreciate Slash's more recent material more than the other artists tho, but they should all be fun to do nevertheless
Not so sure about Rush songs generally being all *that* tricky though; the issue really is that there seems to be a lot of dead air for some of these, though I feel "Red Barchetta" was clearly no pushover. But more on that later.

irving: Doesn't matter, having just settled back into my new room I didn't stream, so you're alright. I did do a couple of private streams to show some DLC, but no vocals that time around.

Werelord: Let me guess, you still need the drums? Knowing you I thought you might've had it by now, and I'm really sure you're capable of getting it

Moving onto part 2 of the new DLC pack and a bunch of songs there. But I guess if it wants me to come out as a pretty woman from all this, you may be wrong; I guess I could be seen more as a web intruder climbing in those virtual windows and yelling those notes up. (Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, and hide your husband.....?)
First post... lolwut? o__O

---

Update: November 14th 2010

Video Features:

WoR: Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live)
DLC (GH:WoR Pack 1 - Part II): Love Song (YT | DM) | Poison | Tom Sawyer

The second night of plowing through the new DLC. Moar Rush, and a little bit of Tesla and Alice. I would say that "Love Song" is among one of the tougher ones for vocalists in particular here, if not the toughest; it's a toss-up for me between that and "Red Barchetta" at the moment, though I can't be too sure until I weigh out my experiences with them both a lot more clearly.
And to cap with some of the more 80s-backdropped tracks here, it's fair we get something as retro as we can here too. Anyone want any sugar in their coffee right now? >_>

Whichever, between this and the previous update, I got back in action on VH Bass. I wasn't able to have it sealed by today, but I managed to get a handful more songs done:

"Intruder / (Oh) Pretty Woman" - Those slides can still die a painful death. But still, once you're past Intruder, I'm sure that the rest of the song should be alright if you got the focus for it.
"Panama" - Okay, now I'm really questioning why the hell this is the first song in career. I can understand it being one of Eddie's easier guitar solos, but with descending bass strums that are actually faster than those for "Loss of Control", goodness knows what the heck this is doing here. And to add insult to injury, once I missed on the last note too >_>
"Runnin' With the Devil" - Boring song is kinda boring. Fits for the intro set if you ask me.
"First Date" - I don't know how the heck I failed to FC it the first time when doing some sightread runs; maybe I got confused by some strums? I don't know o_O
"Stacy's Mom" - Weird HOPOs past the second chorus makes this semi-chokable if you ask me...
"Hear About It Later" - Some HOPO sections could make this a more annoying FC than it should be, and I say that's pretty much the last of the awkward ones out of the way on that one too.

I guess I'm 3 songs short of a FGFC now! Only time will tell to see how it goes

But most importantly comes the seal on the pack. Expect an analysis at them all in the next 36 hours or so! And I could try grinding for a "Watch This" bass FC since there's no vocal chart, but I could try :P

Last edited by Wooffus on Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 42 of 49

Jump to: